Jump to topic:

What religion oppresses the most?

SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 3:59:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would have to say Islam because Muslim countries have bad civil rights records. Little girls are mutilated, forced to marry, raped, rape victim are persecuted, there is no freedom of religion, and so on.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 4:08:08 PM
At 10/28/2014 3:59:55 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I would have to say Islam because Muslim countries have bad civil rights records. Little girls are mutilated, forced to marry, raped, rape victim are persecuted, there is no freedom of religion, and so on.

I don't know if it's fair to judge a religion's oppressiveness solely based on the actions of specific adherents of that religion in specific countries. There are a couple of African, majority Christian countries we could look at that are similarly oppressive. Rather, I think it would be better to look specifically at the tenets of each religion and decide based on that. You still might be right that Islam is more oppressive, though I don't know how you could quantify oppressiveness.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:00:07 AM

ahh wait which muslim countries? the first things comes always is pakistan as an example. look culture and religion are separate things. all the things you mentioned - mutilation forced to marry, raped, rape victim are persecuted, there is no freedom of religion are just media bullsh1t. where you do get these from? "islamic state" in iraq or what? wtf.
Never fart near dog
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:03:59 AM
At 10/29/2014 1:00:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

ahh wait which muslim countries? the first things comes always is pakistan as an example. look culture and religion are separate things. all the things you mentioned - mutilation forced to marry, raped, rape victim are persecuted, there is no freedom of religion are just media bullsh1t. where you do get these from? "islamic state" in iraq or what? wtf.

In Saudi Arabia, rape victims are often killed. Women have no freedom. I am not fond of the Catholic church either. I do not support any theocracy at all. I have no problem with peaceful Muslims. I just believe in freedom of belief.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:04:58 AM
At 10/28/2014 4:08:08 PM, Burzmali wrote:

I don't know if it's fair to judge a religion's oppressiveness solely based on the actions of specific adherents of that religion in specific countries. There are a couple of African, majority Christian countries we could look at that are similarly oppressive. Rather, I think it would be better to look specifically at the tenets of each religion and decide based on that. You still might be right that Islam is more oppressive, though I don't know how you could quantify oppressiveness.
Fair enough. I agree.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:22:45 AM

Agree....Muslim

Great Question.......

Have you already asked which is the least oppressive too?

Again, great question!
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:29:23 AM
At 10/29/2014 1:22:45 AM, biznis wrote:

Agree....Muslim

Great Question.......

Have you already asked which is the least oppressive too?

Again, great question!

Thanks. I will post that on a seperate topic.