Jump to topic:

Evidence ignored

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 1:03:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There is no shortage of evidence of the veracity of the Bible. There is a shortage of people who really want evidence.

Napoleon Bonaparte, Emporer of France said "I know men, and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world, there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caeser, Charlamagne, and I have founded empires, but on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him....there is not a God in heaven if a mere man was able to conceive and execute sucessfully the gigantic design of making Himself the object of supreme worship by usurping the name of God. Jesus alone dared to do this."

The worlds most sucessful lawyer listed in the Guiness book of World Records, and twice knighted by the Queen of England, Sir Lionell Luckhoo is quoted: "I have spent 42 years as a defense trial lawyer appearing in many parts of the world....I can say unequivocally the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compells acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no doubt."

Lew Wallis, american lawyer, soldier, and author of Ben Hur, is quoted: "after six years given to the impartion investigation of Christianity, as to it's truth or falsity, I have come to the deliberate conclusion that Jesus Christ was the Messiah of the Jews, the Savior of the world, and my personall Savior."

There are many more such statements among the greatest minds and the greatest leaders thoughout history. There is not a shortage of evidence for the veracity of the Word of God, there is a shortage of people who will objectively consider the evidence.

The main piece of evidence that many want to ignore is the empty tomb. After the huge stone, much too large for ten men to move by hand themselves as it would have to be lifted out of the rut it fell into when it was rolled into place was sealed, it was kept under watch of posted Roman soldiers who gaurded the tomb and the body of Jesus. The huge following Jesus had was a threat to the religious leadership of the Jews, and those relgious leaders accused the followers of Jesus of being rebels against Caeser. This accusation was what made Pontius Pilate fear the jews when they threatened to accuse him of allowing a man to claim to be King of the Jews when Caeser was king over the Jews at that time. Even though Pontius Pilate found no fault in Jesus, he washed his hands to rid himself of the blood of Jesus and gave Jesus over to the desire of the Jewish religious leaders to be crucified. The Jewish religious leaders said "his blood be upon us and upon our chidren" and they had him crucifed. In order to prevent the followers of Jesus from stealing away the body and claiming He rose from the dead, the tomb was sealed with a Roman seal and gaurded by Roman soldiers. Roman soldiers who failed to keep their gaurd were executed. These Roman soldiers could not keep the door of the tomb from being rolled away by the angel of the Lord, and they could not keep Jesus in the grave. The soldiers were paid large sums of money to say the disciples of Jesus had taken the body away while they slept. Jesus was seen alive of more than five hundred people at one time, He ate in front of them, He challenged doubting Thomas to put his finger into the holes made by the nails which pinned Him on the cross, and to thrust his hand into His side where the spear had pierced his heart, The chosen eleven disciples, and then Paul who replaced the betrayer Judas Isariot, were commission by Jesus to go into the world and preach the gospel, the good news from God that Jesus had conquered death and all can be delivered from death by Him and have eternal life by believing on Him and receiving Him as the Living God, The Creator who became the Saviour of all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

In this forum, I have and will purposely ignore arguments of pseudo-science which claims to have evidnence that God is not there. People who wish to ignore the historical fact of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ will go on and on as long as they can insisting God has no right or power to rule over them, and evolutionary science is nothing but a rabbit trail that can run a million circles around the world before the rabbit falls into it's hole and never again rises from the fire of Hell.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 4:30:54 PM
At 10/29/2014 1:03:24 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
There is no shortage of evidence of the veracity of the Bible. There is a shortage of people who really want evidence.

Napoleon Bonaparte, Emporer of France said "I know men, and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world, there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caeser, Charlamagne, and I have founded empires, but on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him....there is not a God in heaven if a mere man was able to conceive and execute sucessfully the gigantic design of making Himself the object of supreme worship by usurping the name of God. Jesus alone dared to do this."

Opinion.

The worlds most sucessful lawyer listed in the Guiness book of World Records, and twice knighted by the Queen of England, Sir Lionell Luckhoo is quoted: "I have spent 42 years as a defense trial lawyer appearing in many parts of the world....I can say unequivocally the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compells acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no doubt."

Opinion.

Lew Wallis, american lawyer, soldier, and author of Ben Hur, is quoted: "after six years given to the impartion investigation of Christianity, as to it's truth or falsity, I have come to the deliberate conclusion that Jesus Christ was the Messiah of the Jews, the Savior of the world, and my personall Savior."

Opinion.

There are many more such statements among the greatest minds and the greatest leaders thoughout history. There is not a shortage of evidence for the veracity of the Word of God, there is a shortage of people who will objectively consider the evidence.

No evidence so far.

The main piece of evidence that many want to ignore is the empty tomb.

A fictional story. At best hearsay.

After the huge stone, much too large for ten men to move by hand themselves as it would have to be lifted out of the rut it fell into when it was rolled into place was sealed, it was kept under watch of posted Roman soldiers who gaurded the tomb and the body of Jesus. The huge following Jesus had was a threat to the religious leadership of the Jews, and those relgious leaders accused the followers of Jesus of being rebels against Caeser. This accusation was what made Pontius Pilate fear the jews when they threatened to accuse him of allowing a man to claim to be King of the Jews when Caeser was king over the Jews at that time. Even though Pontius Pilate found no fault in Jesus, he washed his hands to rid himself of the blood of Jesus and gave Jesus over to the desire of the Jewish religious leaders to be crucified. The Jewish religious leaders said "his blood be upon us and upon our chidren" and they had him crucifed. In order to prevent the followers of Jesus from stealing away the body and claiming He rose from the dead, the tomb was sealed with a Roman seal and gaurded by Roman soldiers. Roman soldiers who failed to keep their gaurd were executed. These Roman soldiers could not keep the door of the tomb from being rolled away by the angel of the Lord, and they could not keep Jesus in the grave. The soldiers were paid large sums of money to say the disciples of Jesus had taken the body away while they slept. Jesus was seen alive of more than five hundred people at one time, He ate in front of them, He challenged doubting Thomas to put his finger into the holes made by the nails which pinned Him on the cross, and to thrust his hand into His side where the spear had pierced his heart, The chosen eleven disciples, and then Paul who replaced the betrayer Judas Isariot, were commission by Jesus to go into the world and preach the gospel, the good news from God that Jesus had conquered death and all can be delivered from death by Him and have eternal life by believing on Him and receiving Him as the Living God, The Creator who became the Saviour of all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

How is any of the above, written by evangelists, actual evidence?

In this forum, I have and will purposely ignore arguments of pseudo-science which claims to have evidnence that God is not there. People who wish to ignore the historical fact of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ will go on and on as long as they can insisting God has no right or power to rule over them, and evolutionary science is nothing but a rabbit trail that can run a million circles around the world before the rabbit falls into it's hole and never again rises from the fire of Hell.

There is no historical fact. There are only unsubstantiated stories from anonymous religious writers, not one of them a contemporary historian.

You need to educate yourself on what really constitutes valid evidence.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 6:20:38 PM

The main piece of evidence that many want to ignore is the empty tomb. After the huge stone, much too large for ten men to move by hand themselves as it would have to be lifted out of the rut it fell into when it was rolled into place was sealed, it was kept under watch of posted Roman soldiers who gaurded the tomb and the body of Jesus. The huge following Jesus had was a threat to the religious leadership of the Jews, and those relgious leaders accused the followers of Jesus of being rebels against Caeser. This accusation was what made Pontius Pilate fear the jews when they threatened to accuse him of allowing a man to claim to be King of the Jews when Caeser was king over the Jews at that time. Even though Pontius Pilate found no fault in Jesus, he washed his hands to rid himself of the blood of Jesus and gave Jesus over to the desire of the Jewish religious leaders to be crucified. The Jewish religious leaders said "his blood be upon us and upon our chidren" and they had him crucifed. In order to prevent the followers of Jesus from stealing away the body and claiming He rose from the dead, the tomb was sealed with a Roman seal and gaurded by Roman soldiers. Roman soldiers who failed to keep their gaurd were executed. These Roman soldiers could not keep the door of the tomb from being rolled away by the angel of the Lord, and they could not keep Jesus in the grave. The soldiers were paid large sums of money to say the disciples of Jesus had taken the body away while they slept. Jesus was seen alive of more than five hundred people at one time, He ate in front of them, He challenged doubting Thomas to put his finger into the holes made by the nails which pinned Him on the cross, and to thrust his hand into His side where the spear had pierced his heart, The chosen eleven disciples, and then Paul who replaced the betrayer Judas Isariot, were commission by Jesus to go into the world and preach the gospel, the good news from God that Jesus had conquered death and all can be delivered from death by Him and have eternal life by believing on Him and receiving Him as the Living God, The Creator who became the Saviour of all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Self referencing book is self referencing. The Chronicles of Narnia are irrefutable evidence of the Glory of Aslan, and the tribulations of the world beyond.

Proof is found in the fact that the books reference a wardrobe. We currently have wardrobes. The books also reference silver thrones. We have thrones of silver, or can make them. The book references lions. We have lions.

Behold, the validity of the books are upheld.

The line of logic you are using creates history out of any collection of stories, sometimes no matter how fantastic. They lack concurrent writings. The slave labor force of Egypt leaving after amazing feats of the supernatural, you would think, might have made history. It didn't. You would think the Bible could name the Pharaoh that they fled from. It doesn't. You would think some neighboring towns might have written about Sodom and Gomorrah disappearing nearly over night. None found. The obvious accounts of Jesus doing his thing should have made for hordes of immediate followers, or at the very least, been written about by any members present. They aren't.

The answer for such is as simple as it is plausible: because it didn't happen as described. This leaves open then door for it not happening at all, or the inspired word of The Creator being obviously and grossly corrupted by men so much so that its infallibility is razed.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 7:35:35 PM

Besides the bible, what other historical document shows Christ's exisistence? I'm a Christian who only sees the bible as such.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:10:40 PM
In this forum, I have and will purposely ignore arguments of pseudo-science which claims to have evidnence that God is not there.
The James Randi Educational Foundation is still waiting to hear from you to demonstrate the literal presence or existence of a Supernatural / Paranormal influence?

Rules changed to encourage new applications and ensure anyone with actual paranormal abilities could win the million-dollar prize

Ft. Lauderdale, Fla."The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) announced on Wednesday that the organization"s famed Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge would be opened to more new applicants, with a lower bar for entry. The JREF holds $1 million in an investment account at a New York financial firm1, ready to be awarded to anyone who can demonstrate a paranormal ability under fair conditions that prevent fraud or error. The prize has grown from just $1,000 since it was established more than 40 years ago by magician and skeptic James Randi, and it has yet to be claimed. (http://www.randi.org...)

Let us know how you went on any one that wants to accept the challenge?

Far better luck than your entire predecessors! LOL!
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:21:52 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:10:40 PM, Composer wrote:
In this forum, I have and will purposely ignore arguments of pseudo-science which claims to have evidnence that God is not there.

You are ignoring this forum discussion, and I will ignore you. The topic here is "Evidence ignored" and that evidence is for the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the many people throughout history who were much smarter and much more accomplished than me or you who accepted that evidence as infallible.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:24:11 PM
At 10/29/2014 4:30:54 PM, dee-em wrote:

Opinion.

Opinion.

Opinion.

No evidence so far.

After the huge stone, much too large for ten men to move by hand themselves as it would have to be lifted out of the rut it fell into when it was rolled into place was sealed, it was kept under watch of posted Roman soldiers who gaurded the tomb and the body of Jesus. The huge following Jesus had was a threat to the religious leadership of the Jews, and those relgious leaders accused the followers of Jesus of being rebels against Caeser. This accusation was what made Pontius Pilate fear the jews when they threatened to accuse him of allowing a man to claim to be King of the Jews when Caeser was king over the Jews at that time. Even though Pontius Pilate found no fault in Jesus, he washed his hands to rid himself of the blood of Jesus and gave Jesus over to the desire of the Jewish religious leaders to be crucified. The Jewish religious leaders said "his blood be upon us and upon our chidren" and they had him crucifed. In order to prevent the followers of Jesus from stealing away the body and claiming He rose from the dead, the tomb was sealed with a Roman seal and gaurded by Roman soldiers. Roman soldiers who failed to keep their gaurd were executed. These Roman soldiers could not keep the door of the tomb from being rolled away by the angel of the Lord, and they could not keep Jesus in the grave. The soldiers were paid large sums of money to say the disciples of Jesus had taken the body away while they slept. Jesus was seen alive of more than five hundred people at one time, He ate in front of them, He challenged doubting Thomas to put his finger into the holes made by the nails which pinned Him on the cross, and to thrust his hand into His side where the spear had pierced his heart, The chosen eleven disciples, and then Paul who replaced the betrayer Judas Isariot, were commission by Jesus to go into the world and preach the gospel, the good news from God that Jesus had conquered death and all can be delivered from death by Him and have eternal life by believing on Him and receiving Him as the Living God, The Creator who became the Saviour of all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is no historical fact. There are only unsubstantiated stories from anonymous religious writers, not one of them a contemporary historian.

Evidence Ignored, you are a poster child for this topic.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:25:28 PM
At 10/29/2014 6:20:38 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Self referencing book is self referencing. The Chronicles of Narnia are irrefutable evidence of the Glory of Aslan, and the tribulations of the world beyond.

Proof is found in the fact that the books reference a wardrobe. We currently have wardrobes. The books also reference silver thrones. We have thrones of silver, or can make them. The book references lions. We have lions.

The line of logic you are using creates history out of any collection of stories, sometimes no matter how fantastic. They lack concurrent writings. The slave labor force of Egypt leaving after amazing feats of the supernatural, you would think, might have made history. It didn't. You would think the Bible could name the Pharaoh that they fled from. It doesn't. You would think some neighboring towns might have written about Sodom and Gomorrah disappearing nearly over night. None found. The obvious accounts of Jesus doing his thing should have made for hordes of immediate followers, or at the very least, been written about by any members present. They aren't.

The answer for such is as simple as it is plausible: because it didn't happen as described. This leaves open then door for it not happening at all, or the inspired word of The Creator being obviously and grossly corrupted by men so much so that its infallibility is razed.

Evidence ignored, you are a poster child for this forum topic
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:27:55 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:25:28 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Sort of like ignoring the overwhelming LACK of evidence for such a claim as what the Bible makes? Asking obvious questions isn't "pseudo-science", bro. Asking why the obvious historical record that should have been generated is to be expected. Apologies, but I missed your answers to it.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:41:30 PM
At 10/29/2014 7:35:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Besides the bible, what other historical document shows Christ's exisistence? I'm a Christian who only sees the bible as such.

Why not do some research and see if you can come up with any? If you really want an answer to your question, which I doubt that you do, it is easy to find historical documents referring to jesus of Nazareth, the same Jesus of the Bible today. I will not answer this for you, as it would probably be a waste of time. People today are making big carreers out of discreding all historical documents, and you are probably a fan of those people. You have to believe a lot of self-contradictory nonsense to discredit the hitorical record of Jesus Christ. Untill you have done one tenth of the historical research done by Sir Lionell Luckhoo, or half the research I have done, I will not anwer questions which you can easily find the answer for yourself. The way you ask your question of me sounds punky, and I don't care for punkiness.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:46:39 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:27:55 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:47:15 PM

"n this forum, I have and will purposely ignore arguments of pseudo-science which claims to have evidnence that God is not there. " --- this right here demonstrates that you simply don't know what evidence is. No one has TRIED to present evidence that God doesn't exist. They have presented evidence that God was not needed. A simpler, more appropriate, test-and-verifiable, historically noted method of such was found, as opposed to an entity that defies all known conventions of reality.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:58:36 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:27:55 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Sort of like ignoring the overwhelming LACK of evidence for such a claim as what the Bible makes? Asking obvious questions isn't "pseudo-science", bro. Asking why the obvious historical record that should have been generated is to be expected. Apologies, but I missed your answers to it.

You are not my brother, sorry. My Father is God, I am like a brother of Jesus Christ, join-heir with Him in Heaven. You have to be adopted into the family of God to be my brother. God paid the price to adopt you with His own blood in Jesus Christ.. He paid to buy you back from Hell, from being a child of Hell of your father the devil. If you prefer to go your own way away from God, He will let you go. God loves you but He will not defy your free will to chose rebellion against Him. God does not want robots or chained slaves, He wants servants who are free men happy to honor Him for giving them life. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, but the gift of God is no good to you if you will not receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour. If you won't be saved, you won't be saved. Will you be saved? Will you not be saved? Will you be my brother?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:00:25 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:47:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:08:24 PM

You are not my brother, sorry. My Father is God, I am like a brother of Jesus Christ, join-heir with Him in Heaven. You have to be adopted into the family of God to be my brother. God paid the price to adopt you with His own blood in Jesus Christ.. He paid to buy you back from Hell, from being a child of Hell of your father the devil. If you prefer to go your own way away from God, He will let you go. God loves you but He will not defy your free will to chose rebellion against Him. God does not want robots or chained slaves, He wants servants who are free men happy to honor Him for giving them life. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, but the gift of God is no good to you if you will not receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour. If you won't be saved, you won't be saved. Will you be saved? Will you not be saved? Will you be my brother?

Your non answer is noted.

Soft ball question:

According to the Bible, which Pharaoh did Moses go before?

Another softball question:

Where is the ark?

Another softball question:

How could the flood has happened as written?

Another question:

Why can't we find Sodom and Gomorrah? The place should be pretty easy to find, considering what geological evidence is assumed to be left from such divine retribution.

Last question:

Why did you dodge my statement about what evidence is an isn't, and instead proceed to preach from what is normally used in common parlance? This type of intellectual dishonesty is what earns you the various replies you get. Serious question asked, serious statement made, serious observation given: you preach. At least be honest enough to say 'I don't know'.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:24:47 PM
Considering who this is coming from, the thread title is a work of comedic genius.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:32:59 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:41:30 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/29/2014 7:35:35 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Why not do some research and see if you can come up with any? If you really want an answer to your question, which I doubt that you do, it is easy to find historical documents referring to jesus of Nazareth, the same Jesus of the Bible today. I will not answer this for you, as it would probably be a waste of time. People today are making big carreers out of discreding all historical documents, and you are probably a fan of those people. You have to believe a lot of self-contradictory nonsense to discredit the hitorical record of Jesus Christ. Untill you have done one tenth of the historical research done by Sir Lionell Luckhoo, or half the research I have done, I will not anwer questions which you can easily find the answer for yourself. The way you ask your question of me sounds punky, and I don't care for punkiness.

Done it. All the claims of Christ are by people who lived after his crucifixion. Pilate, Philo (Jewish philosopher), and others have not written a single thing about riots or jesus.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:33:01 PM

Are you under the impression that Napoleon actually knew Jesus? Or did he - like you - read about a character in the Bible - a book for which you claim there is massive supporting evidence, but in the whole of your post, failed to provide any?

- "Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet" -- Napoleon Bonaparte [Arrogant, vicious, barbaric emperor of France]

Which makes for a great opening statement. But when the judge directs council to present their evidence and he has nothing to offer (just as he offers nothing but boastful claims here, and we see the same from you), his bid for the jury falls flat. Do you think boastful claims constitute evidence?
By the way, if you want honesty and integrity, don't turn to a lawyer. Their practice is in the field of deceit and distortion.

Great! We already know there are 2-billion people in the world who believe that. But I believe you promised us "evidence".

You have not provided a SHRED of evidence. Is it possible that despite your vast claims, you haven't a clue what constitutes evidence? If an attorney stands before a court, looking choked up and sincere and says; "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,I compel you to see that my client is purely innocent. I know that the prosecution will present to you a murder weapon with his blood and DNA on it, his written confession, the eye-witness testimony of a dozen people who mistakenly believe they observed my client dragging the raped and beaten body of the deceased 7-year old girl, but I assure you that this man is innocent." Has he presented "evidence" which places doubt on the guilt of his client?

The main piece of evidence that many want to ignore is the empty tomb. After the huge stone, much too large for ten men to move by hand themselves as it would have to be lifted out of the rut it fell into when it was rolled into place was sealed, it was kept under watch of posted Roman soldiers who gaurded the tomb and the body of Jesus.
- Firstly, what empty tomb? The empty tomb story is part of the Jesus story. It's like trying to use Tinkerbell as evidence for Peter Pan.
- Why are none of the tomb stories consistent with the rest? Different women, numbers of women, men/angels at the tomb and following actions.
- The common conclusion to crucifixion was to be left to the birds and the dogs. Burial following crucifixion was the exception, rather than the rule.
- Rabbinic law specifies that criminals (who weren't crucified), be buried in common graves, rather than tombs. The Sanhedrin found him guilty of the crime of blasphemy, showing they believed he was a criminal.

- The huge following Jesus had was a threat to the religious leadership of the Jews, and those relgious leaders accused the followers of Jesus of being rebels against Caeser.
So you agree this was a pretty big deal, drawing the attention of the most important members of both the Roman and Jewish authorities. And this "huge following" culminating in the multitudes of Jerusalem turning out to greet him. Yet all of this is completely absent in the historical record. There's simply no mention of Jesus, of the crowds thronging to greet him, the arrest, the questioning by virtually ever member of Roman government in the area, the crucifixion, or the resurrection. As far as the many historians of that time and region were concerned, none of it ever happened. And some might reason this to be because it never happened. Others appeal completely to non-authoritative, third-hand writings based on oral traditions among a group biased to the acceptance of a diversity of stories.

Imagine David Copperfield staging a daring escape trick in Manhattan's central park with the people in great attendance, the trick goes bad, and David Copperfield dies before he can be rescued... and not a single network, newspaper or historical record ever mentions it. It spreads only through people claiming to have known people who knew people who were there... who witnessed it. Yet none of them documented it, took photographs, contacted journalists or historians. Some might be tempted to disbelieve such a story.

Do you understand that you've not presented a shred of evidence so far? "Napoleon though Jesus was way cool" isn't evidence for Jesus. Napoleon read the same doubtful claims I've read, and is referring to the character in the story. He's not in a position to tell us whether or not that character existed, or whether the components of the story are true. When the mother of the accused tells the court that her son is "good boy", is that evidence that he is innocent? It's simply a plea from someone with an obvious bias.

(Continued)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:40:27 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:21:52 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

You are ignoring this forum discussion, and I will ignore you. The topic here is "Evidence ignored" and that evidence is for the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the many people throughout history who were much smarter and much more accomplished than me or you who accepted that evidence as infallible.

Please don't blubber. All we're showing you is that you haven't presented any evidence. You've provided the opinions of people who weren't there, don't claim to have any first-hand knowledge, who read the stories - stories which are totally vacant from the historical record - and for some reason, believed them. That's not evidence!

Do you think the hundreds of stories of people who claim they saw Elvis after his death is "evidence" that Elvis rose from the dead?

Why, or why not?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:48:23 PM

You are ignoring this forum discussion,
To the contrary I am again giving you the opportunity of providing the evidence you claim that can not be ignored!

and I will ignore you.
That dodge is as pathetic as your entire predecessors that failed at JREF as will you if you ever grew a backbone and went to strut your claims!

The topic here is "Evidence ignored" and that evidence is for the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the many people throughout history who were much smarter and much more accomplished than me or you who accepted that evidence as infallible.
I am just as smart if not smarter than them but I am modest with it!

As was also pointed out to your deaf ears, they expressed their personal ' opinion ', devoid of anything tangibly more!

IF you have anything more than the ' opinion of some others ' then let's examine it?

If you have credible evidence you claim is being ignored by many then likewise let's examine it?

So far all you have offered is pathetic excuses for your failure & hearsay as your supposed evidence.

Conversely I have proved you have offered absolutely nothing of value and that's why we can legitimately ignore it henceforth!

Your vindicated Mentor & Saviour Moi!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:49:03 PM
When I was 5yrs old I went to Nepal and hunted and killed a Yeti with my bare hands, alone.
This is the evidence that I did.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:50:30 PM
At 10/29/2014 9:48:23 PM, Composer wrote:
I don't know what you are saying. You already blew your chance for me to pay any attention here by completely ignoring the forum topic discussion.. Evidence ignored.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:53:29 PM
You are ignoring evidence, I'm ignoring you. Try arguing with God. Oh yeah, I forgot, you did that and you won. Congratulations, tell us about the prize you have won please. It doesn't matter, I'm still goiing to ignore you.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:56:59 PM
ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts. All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people. There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus. Devastating to historians, there occurs not a single contemporary writing that mentions Jesus. All documents about Jesus came well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Although one can argue that many of these writings come from fraud or interpolations, I will use the information and dates to show that even if these sources did not come from interpolations, they could still not serve as reliable evidence for a historical Jesus, simply because all sources about Jesus derive from hearsay accounts.

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge. (Source: http://nobeliefs.com...)

&

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed. As Nicholas Carter concludes in The Christ Myth: "No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity." (Source: http://www.truthbeknown.com...)
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:57:56 PM
At 10/29/2014 9:08:24 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
I'm not reading a word you say since I know you are ignoring evidence. You are ignoring evidence and I'm ignoring you.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:58:02 PM
At 10/29/2014 8:24:11 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/29/2014 4:30:54 PM, dee-em wrote:

Opinion.

Opinion.

Opinion.

No evidence so far.

Evidence Ignored, you are a poster child for this topic.

You didn't provide any evidence for him to ignore. You need a serious lesson on what the word "evidence" means. If I claim that the sky over the state where I live remained dark as night for the duration of the normal daylight hours, and I can offer people who read my account and believe it, is their opinion that my account is true, "evidence" that it is true? What if the news media makes no mention of such an event? What if I'm the only one who claims to have witnessed it? Are opinions that I'm an honest person with a highly detailed (not that the Bible's account is at all detailed), account - "EVIDENCE" that the account is true?

I'm going to ask that you actually answer these questions. They're not rhetorical.

What you're offering are opinions and claims, not evidence. You might even consider it to be "compelling testimony", but it's not "evidence" in any strict sense of the word. You can take people on both sides of any war, and each one can provide you with compelling testimony as to why their side was in the right, and the other side was in the wrong. And you can do this for every single war throughout history. These are opinions. Or do you prefer to believe that both sides of every war were in the right, because they all had people who claimed that they were?

Saying "I think Billy-Bob just got fed up and shot ol' Cletus, 'cause the two of 'em never did git along", isn't evidence that Billy-Bob shot Cletus. It's what's known as "aggravating testimony".

When Cletus' mom steps up and says, "My boy din't never hurt nuttin. He's a good boy." That is "mitigating testimony". But neither one is "evidence".

When the prosecutor holds up a bag containing a bloody gun, presents the lab report showing that the blood on the gun belongs to the late Billy-Bob, and shows the FFL application showing that the gun was purchased by Cletus 2-days before Billy-Bob was shot, NOW you have "evidence". And yet, even this level of evidence is not conclusive on its own. Add some gunshot residue found on the hand of the accused, the lack of an alibi, and blood spatter found on Cletus' shirt belonging to the deceased, and how Cletus is on his way to having a new wife named "Bubba".
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 10:02:06 PM
At 10/29/2014 9:24:47 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

You are ignoring evidence, I am ignoring you.

You are ignoring evidence, I am ignoring you.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 10:02:24 PM
At 10/29/2014 9:50:30 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:48:23 PM, Composer wrote:
I don't know what you are saying. You already blew your chance for me to pay any attention here by completely ignoring the forum topic discussion.. Evidence ignored.
Well you at least vindicated Moi by admitting I have evidence but YOU choose to ignore it!

That's exceedingly better than YOU who have absolutely NO credible evidence, just hearsay and pathetic excuses for your unambiguous failures to legitimately support your ideology!

Much much better luck at sport or knitting because you fail miserably at sustaining your religious claims!

LMAO@U!

Your vindicated Mentor & Saviour, benevolent, modest & brilliant successful Cult buster moi!

QED
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 10:05:56 PM
At 10/29/2014 9:58:02 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:24:11 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

You are ignoring evidencce, I am ignoring you.

You are ignoring evidence running your rabbit trail, and I'm ignoring you.