Jump to topic:

Why do you believe?

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 9:36:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do believers in God believe in an invisible supernatural father figure in an invisible location called heaven when they believe other invisible beings and gods are mythical?

Why can't they see that all invisible entities are mythical?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:45:36 PM
At 10/31/2014 9:36:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Why do believers in God believe in an invisible supernatural father figure in an invisible location called heaven when they believe other invisible beings and gods are mythical?

It's hard to believe our invisible Creator created such stupid people who believe their visible flesh is real.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:59:50 PM
At 10/31/2014 10:45:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It's hard to believe our invisible Creator created such stupid people who believe their visible flesh is real.

So everyone (except for you) is stupid?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:03:43 PM
At 10/31/2014 10:59:50 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Only God's chosen believers will listen to His voice and learn that we were created within His invisible mind and formed into illusions called flesh. If you listen to His voice and don't believe this, then you were made stupid during this first age and you will remain stupid until your body dies.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:08:44 AM

You did not answer the question Brad. Why do you believe in an invisible creator?
Why do you believe visible people are not real and some invisible entity is real?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:11:31 AM
At 10/31/2014 11:03:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Only God's chosen believers will listen to His voice and learn that we were created within His invisible mind and formed into illusions called flesh. If you listen to His voice and don't believe this, then you were made stupid during this first age and you will remain stupid until your body dies.

You seem to be extremely confused Brad.
Those who listen to invisible entities and then also think they are nothing but an illusion are fooling no one but themselves.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:25:41 AM
At 11/1/2014 4:11:31 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Those who listen to invisible entities and then also think they are nothing but an illusion are fooling no one but themselves.

You'll find that "invisible" ... "visible" ... "flesh" ... and "this age" are favorite words of Brad. And if you don't pay any attention to his often-meaningless rambles, then you are "stupid" and "a fool."

I wish one of his fellow hobos would give him a clozapine mickey every morning.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
biznis_3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:29:45 AM

Why cant you see that with no proof to support your claim (especially considering your claim is false)your argument is equally as flawed as anyone esle's here

Please don't act like your not child...like all the rest, because I argue that you are equally if not more as useless as they are.......
biznis_3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:32:56 AM

Prove the claim you just made! prove with your words the falsities you speak of......nonsense...utter nonsense
biznis_3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:39:53 AM

If you were God.....that means you created the universe....and all within....knowing that...if God had 1000 dogs or people say 1000 of each....if you were goin to burn 100 for all of eternity...how do you pick which 100 dogs and which 100 people to burn in hell for all of eternity.......Snce you implied the gates of heaven are only open to a "select' few...what happens to the rest of God's beautiful children that he loves so dearly? Where do the "others" go...where do you recommend he send those wortless children of his...?........Could you please "the passage where this useless information was obtained.....please...I will be waiing both your responses
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:45:14 AM
At 11/1/2014 4:29:45 AM, biznis_3 wrote:

Why cant you see that with no proof to support your claim (especially considering your claim is false)your argument is equally as flawed as anyone esle's here

Please don't act like your not child...like all the rest, because I argue that you are equally if not more as useless as they are.......

What is false about the claim that all invisible characters are mythical?
Do you have some evidence that invisible characters exist?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:55:33 AM
At 11/1/2014 4:32:56 AM, biznis_3 wrote:

Prove the claim you just made! prove with your words the falsities you speak of......nonsense...utter nonsense

Do you believe fairies exist?
Do you believe Zeus exists?
What about Aphrodite and all the rest of the Greek gods?
Can you prove they do not exist if you believe they do not exist?
If you do not believe the Greek gods exist why do you believe the Hebrew god exists?
biznis_3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:37:48 AM
Where did the word of god ever say that....for u to make such an outlandish useless cliam....Prove the claim you just made
biznis_3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:46:27 AM
How were the chosen , chosen and why? Who selected the "chosen"?

What method of selection was used?

Where do God's beautiful "non -chosen"children who are equally important go to?

Ever ask yourself any of those questions?,.......Wouldn't it be wise to ask some questions before drawing conclusions?

Do you even know the Word of God?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:48:17 AM
At 11/1/2014 4:08:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

You did not answer the question Brad. Why do you believe in an invisible creator?
Why do you believe visible people are not real and some invisible entity is real?

I've answered this question many times in this forum but unless you're a chosen believer of Mine, you will remain in the strong delusion that makes you believe this world and everything in it is real.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:51:08 AM

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:55:01 AM
At 11/1/2014 4:32:56 AM, biznis_3 wrote:

They aren't chosen to understand my friend. You know Me because you've heard My voice and listen to Me.

1 John 4
4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

You can understand this but most of the people in this forum do not.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 11:56:24 AM
At 11/1/2014 5:46:27 AM, biznis_3 wrote:
How were the chosen , chosen and why? Who selected the "chosen"?

What method of selection was used?

Where do God's beautiful "non -chosen"children who are equally important go to?

Ever ask yourself any of those questions?,.......Wouldn't it be wise to ask some questions before drawing conclusions?

Do you even know the Word of God?

You know Me. That's all that matters.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:02:13 PM
At 11/1/2014 11:48:17 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I've answered this question many times in this forum but unless you're a chosen believer of Mine, you will remain in the strong delusion that makes you believe this world and everything in it is real.

I do not choose to believe you Brad since everything you say is nothing but an illusion which you created in your own mind. If you were God and wanted me to believe you, you would need to do a far better job of trying to convince me that what you say is true. If you cannot convince me, then you are not God or the voice of God but you are nothing but a self deluded illusion who wants to believe you are real but no one else is real. You are the creator of your own delusions. You live in your own fantasy world which you want to believe is some kind of reality while none else lives in reality according to you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:09:50 PM
At 11/1/2014 5:02:13 PM, Skyangel wrote:

I do not choose to believe you Brad since everything you say is nothing but an illusion which you created in your own mind. If you were God and wanted me to believe you, you would need to do a far better job of trying to convince me that what you say is true. If you cannot convince me, then you are not God or the voice of God but you are nothing but a self deluded illusion who wants to believe you are real but no one else is real. You are the creator of your own delusions. You live in your own fantasy world which you want to believe is some kind of reality while none else lives in reality according to you.

God already planned who was to listen to His voice and learn who they are in Him. It is evident that He didn't choose you for this purpose.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:13:22 PM
At 11/1/2014 4:39:53 AM, biznis_3 wrote:

If you were God.....that means you created the universe....and all within....knowing that...if God had 1000 dogs or people say 1000 of each....if you were goin to burn 100 for all of eternity...how do you pick which 100 dogs and which 100 people to burn in hell for all of eternity.......Snce you implied the gates of heaven are only open to a "select' few...what happens to the rest of God's beautiful children that he loves so dearly? Where do the "others" go...where do you recommend he send those wortless children of his...?........Could you please "the passage where this useless information was obtained.....please...I will be waiing both your responses

You must be talking to Brad since I have never claimed to be God or anyones creator. Brad makes those claims.
The only people I helped make are my own children. I have 4 of them. They came from inside me. Their children also came from inside them and when they have children, those babies will come from inside them. etc etc .
If I were God I would not burn anyone in any fire for all eternity.
Any character who does that just because they cannot believe in them any better than believing they are a fictional character is some sort of psychopath.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:29:25 PM
At 11/1/2014 5:09:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

God already planned who was to listen to His voice and learn who they are in Him. It is evident that He didn't choose you for this purpose.

It is evident that you are a self deluded person who wants to believe you are the voice of some invisible supernatural entity. I am glad I was not chosen to believe your nonsense. Those who are chosen to believe it are very gullible indeed.

Look at the verse you quoted above.....
Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.

You claim people are nothing but illusions. You claim that you chose which illusions would obey you and which illusions would not obey you. Then you threaten to curse your own illusions which do not obey you because they are being disobedient to you? If they were chosen to not obey you in the first place, how can be they be disobeying you? They are doing exactly what you decided they will do. Therefore your so called curse is also a lie and nothing but an illusion.
You are a totally confused and self deluded person Brad. You have no clue how ridiculous you look to people who have the ability to think logically.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:54:33 PM
At 11/1/2014 5:29:25 PM, Skyangel wrote:

It is evident that you are a self deluded person who wants to believe you are the voice of some invisible supernatural entity. I am glad I was not chosen to believe your nonsense. Those who are chosen to believe it are very gullible indeed.

Deuteronomy 28

You claim people are nothing but illusions. You claim that you chose which illusions would obey you and which illusions would not obey you. Then you threaten to curse your own illusions which do not obey you because they are being disobedient to you? If they were chosen to not obey you in the first place, how can be they be disobeying you? They are doing exactly what you decided they will do. Therefore your so called curse is also a lie and nothing but an illusion.
You are a totally confused and self deluded person Brad. You have no clue how ridiculous you look to people who have the ability to think logically.

Before I started speaking for our Creator, He told me that most people wouldn't believe my testimonies. You happen to be one of them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 3:26:44 AM

If that is the case, why do you even bother speaking to those who have been chosen to not listen to you? You are obviously wasting your time. Go and talk to the ones who have been chosen to believe you Brad. You ought to know who they are since you think you are the creator and you think you are the only one on the planet who knows who has been chosen for what. I suggest you stop wasting your time with those who have been chosen to not listen to you.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 3:29:41 AM
At 11/1/2014 5:54:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/1/2014 5:29:25 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Deuteronomy 28

Before I started speaking for our Creator, He told me that most people wouldn't believe my testimonies. You happen to be one of them.

Most people do not believe you Brad because you make absolutely no sense. You are suffering from your own delusions.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 12:41:26 PM

Of course, considering we were all born with brains that could logically reason and think through to conclude testimonies are not considered valid unless coupled with hard evidence, which of course, a Creator would have already thought of that.

Further to that, such a being would have no reason to select from the masses a certain few to speak for them knowing their testimonies would not be taken seriously, but instead would simply do the most logical thing, which is to tell everyone equally whatever message is to be delivered.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 7:46:47 PM
At 11/2/2014 3:26:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

If that is the case, why do you even bother speaking to those who have been chosen to not listen to you? You are obviously wasting your time. Go and talk to the ones who have been chosen to believe you Brad. You ought to know who they are since you think you are the creator and you think you are the only one on the planet who knows who has been chosen for what. I suggest you stop wasting your time with those who have been chosen to not listen to you.

God never wastes time because time isn't real either.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 7:48:30 PM
At 11/2/2014 12:41:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Of course, considering we were all born with brains that could logically reason and think through to conclude testimonies are not considered valid unless coupled with hard evidence, which of course, a Creator would have already thought of that.

Further to that, such a being would have no reason to select from the masses a certain few to speak for them knowing their testimonies would not be taken seriously, but instead would simply do the most logical thing, which is to tell everyone equally whatever message is to be delivered.

Why does God have to be logical?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 7:54:40 PM
At 11/2/2014 7:48:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/2/2014 12:41:26 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Why does God have to be logical?

That's a good question! Why does God have to be logical?

PS - I forgot to wish you a happy All Saints Day yesterday.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."