Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Which of the 3 monotheistic religions . . .

ben2974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:26:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
is the most historically violent religion?

Christianity, Judaism, Islam.

From my limited knowledge, I say Christianity.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 5:57:54 PM
Oh I don"t know, atheists and the like when they are in power have a pretty good track record that probably is more brutal and hostile to those not like them, then any known religion of any significance. They are even known to use beliefs of others to gain their support to do such things though they don"t believe it themselves.
jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:36:50 PM
At 11/1/2014 7:19:30 PM, ben2974 wrote:
I don't understand either of your posts .___.

De-em is responding to DMartin, I think.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 2:44:36 AM
History speak for itself. When islam was ruling we saw islamic golden age advancement and harmony between muslims jews christians and others... without the muslims protection of the jews, the jews would extincted long time ago.
Never fart near dog
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 8:48:38 AM
At 11/1/2014 5:26:18 PM, ben2974 wrote:

Definitely Islam, for it is the only religion which anyone can claim has directly led to widespread violence (from terrorism). Most of the historical conflicts associated with Christianity have mostly been political conflicts under the guise of religious ones.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 9:19:45 AM
At 11/2/2014 8:48:38 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:

Definitely Islam, for it is the only religion which anyone can claim has directly led to widespread violence (from terrorism). Most of the historical conflicts associated with Christianity have mostly been political conflicts under the guise of religious ones.

I get a bit confused when people say widespread terrorism? How BIG is terror?
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 9:26:06 AM
At 11/2/2014 9:19:45 AM, fazz wrote:

I get a bit confused when people say widespread terrorism? How BIG is terror?

When I say "terrorism", I'm not necessarily referring only to the damage inflicted by terrorist groups on Western nations. The general havoc wreaked in the Middle East by those same terrorist groups is probably much more serious, and is encompassed in the term "terrorism".
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 1:16:34 PM

learn hisotry of Islam and Christainity and come back. Islam gave freedom advancement and learning. thats you find billion hindues in india, you find millions of christains in egypt to this day still living there. the muslims protected the jews from extinction from christain persecution for 1400 years. what history christainity can gave you except from murder,persecution, burning witches, dark ages killing heretics and scientists, wars and colonialism and slaving black people? you tell me.
Never fart near dog
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 1:59:55 PM
Of course - while not directly relevant - Christianity is NOT monotheistic. It has three gods and is therefore, polytheistic. (Though Christians are taught that 3 = 1).
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 2:14:13 PM
At 11/2/2014 1:16:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

learn hisotry of Islam and Christainity and come back. Islam gave freedom advancement and learning. thats you find billion hindues in india, you find millions of christains in egypt to this day still living there.

Lol... none of that erases the fact that Islam has caused people to commit violent acts.

the muslims protected the jews from extinction from christain persecution for 1400 years.

...in return for a tax so hefty that many of them converted to Islam in order to avoid it

what history christainity can gave you except from murder,persecution, burning witches, dark ages killing heretics and scientists, wars and colonialism and slaving black people? you tell me.

Islam has all of that too, back then as well as now >.>
And wtf do colonialism and slavery have to do with religion?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 2:22:48 PM
At 11/2/2014 2:14:13 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/2/2014 1:16:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

learn hisotry of Islam and Christainity and come back. Islam gave freedom advancement and learning. thats you find billion hindues in india, you find millions of christains in egypt to this day still living there.

Lol... none of that erases the fact that Islam has caused people to commit violent acts.

im not saying that, sure we have black sheep. im talking in general for 1400 years of islam and christainity.

the muslims protected the jews from extinction from christain persecution for 1400 years.

...in return for a tax so hefty that many of them converted to Islam in order to avoid it

dude before commenting on the Jizya tax you writing without examining it. Jizta tax is so cheap it becomes ridiculous and its gives the non muslims the freedom to not join the army. the tax is for the protection without joining the army. Women and children, the elderly, the unemployed and the sick or disabled were all exempt. But while non-Muslim women were exempt from the jizya, Muslim women were required to pay the Zakat regardless of whether or not they worked. how is that sounds to you? and you know every country in the world take taxs (same one) and more even, so why u have problem with Jizya tax?

what history christainity can gave you except from murder,persecution, burning witches, dark ages killing heretics and scientists, wars and colonialism and slaving black people? you tell me.

Islam has all of that too, back then as well as now >.>
And wtf do colonialism and slavery have to do with religion?

every one has it but look generally for 1400 years and compare to christainity...
Never fart near dog
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 3:13:18 PM
I'd say Islam, but only slightly. Up until modern times Christianity and Islam were about equal (between Crusades and Jihads), however Christianity has entered out while Islam has not. Not to say that the Islamic religion is the reason for this, but just the living conditions in the areas are different.