Jump to topic:

Expectation and doubt?

DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:30:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Expectation is never fulfilled through doubt. Follow doubt and you will never experience the fruits of hope. Hence why are you in the world? To follow doubt and to hate hope, or to experience the fulfillment of things hoped for? Therefore, what should be hoped for?
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:43:39 PM
To follow how things aren't is a pretty good way to ensure that you struggle/come into conflict with the world that is.
I think the world that is isn't so bad that we should cling to false things... running roughshod over reality..

Rather than hold out hope of some different reality, I'd say it's better to Accept how things are, and act as you naturally would, given the nature of yourself and the nature of reality.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:20:22 PM
At 11/5/2014 3:43:39 PM, mortsdor wrote:
To follow how things aren't is a pretty good way to ensure that you struggle/come into conflict with the world that is.
I think the world that is isn't so bad that we should cling to false things... running roughshod over reality..

Rather than hold out hope of some different reality, I'd say it's better to Accept how things are, and act as you naturally would, given the nature of yourself and the nature of reality.

The universe is not reality at all. It's only an illusion that will end soon. We will awaken in a new world that will never be used to deceive My people again.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:23:42 PM
At 11/5/2014 10:20:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:
The universe is not reality at all. It's only an illusion that will end soon. We will awaken in a new world that will never be used to deceive My people again.

And not only is it an illusion, it's a pitiful illusion.

Righteous self-despisers and world-haters everywhere know that the only Reality is God and the only thing worth pursuing is God's will ! !
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 11:11:46 PM
At 11/5/2014 10:23:42 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 11/5/2014 10:20:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:

And not only is it an illusion, it's a pitiful illusion.

Righteous self-despisers and world-haters everywhere know that the only Reality is God and the only thing worth pursuing is God's will ! !

I dunno, bro. Pizza night with the guys and date night with the girl is pretty awesome to pursue, too.

And it actually gets 'caught'. Regularly. I can't say the same about... well, all that other stuff.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 9:03:13 AM
At 11/5/2014 3:43:39 PM, mortsdor wrote:

The prisons are full of people who act as they naturally would, given the nature of themselves and the nature of reality. And it"s the rich man that thinks things are good as they are, and the poor and the destitute and the disenfranchised, know, reality sucks. Where have you been? In another world we aren"t experiencing?