Jump to topic:

Is hell heaven for sinners?

welliott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:01:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am athiest (its not relevant but I thought you should take note that I am) and I thought about this one day on an 8 hour car ride. So, heaven is "heaven" for the believers, followers, etc. Now those who sin go to hell. Satan is the ruler of hell correct? Wouldn't Satan want to reward the sinners for sinning? Therefore hell is "heaven" for sinners.
Please comment.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:39:10 PM
At 11/5/2014 9:01:02 PM, welliott wrote:
I am athiest (its not relevant but I thought you should take note that I am) and I thought about this one day on an 8 hour car ride. So, heaven is "heaven" for the believers, followers, etc. Now those who sin go to hell. Satan is the ruler of hell correct? Wouldn't Satan want to reward the sinners for sinning? Therefore hell is "heaven" for sinners.
Please comment.

The Christian concept of Hell is a place of eternal torment, whether physical or psychological or both depends on with whom you speak. Regardless, after a while, you start to habituate towards pain; in other words, you become numb to it. If anything, Hell is a place of eternal boredom.

Now that you mention it, any unending emotion, whether sorrow or bliss, is eternal boredom. So, the question is, "Which is worse, Heaven or Hell?"
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:42:58 PM
At 11/5/2014 9:39:10 PM, s-anthony wrote:
Please comment.

The Christian concept of Hell is a place of eternal torment, whether physical or psychological or both depends on with whom you speak. Regardless, after a while, you start to habituate towards pain; in other words, you become numb to it. If anything, Hell is a place of eternal boredom.

Now that you mention it, any unending emotion, whether sorrow or bliss, is eternal boredom. So, the question is, "Which is worse, Heaven or Hell?"

Good thing neither exist anywhere except in the minds of the feeble minded.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:47:25 PM
An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. An newly annointed angel, filling in for St. Peter, checked his dossier and grimly said, "Ah, you're an engineer; you're in the wrong place." So the engineer was cast down to the gates of hell and was let in. Pretty soon, the engineer became gravely dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and began designing and building improvements. After a while, the underworld had air conditioning, flush toilets, and escalators, and the engineer was becoming a pretty popular guy among the demons. One day, God called Satan up on the telephone and asked with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan laughed and replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next." God's face clouded over and he exploded, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake; he should never have gotten down there; send him up here." Satan shook his head, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him." God was as mad as he had ever been, "This is not the way things are supposed to work and you know it. Send him back up here or I'll sue." Satan laughed uproariously, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

source: http://www.jokes4us.com...
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:56:23 PM
At 11/5/2014 9:47:25 PM, bulproof wrote:
An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. An newly annointed angel, filling in for St. Peter, checked his dossier and grimly said, "Ah, you're an engineer; you're in the wrong place." So the engineer was cast down to the gates of hell and was let in. Pretty soon, the engineer became gravely dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and began designing and building improvements. After a while, the underworld had air conditioning, flush toilets, and escalators, and the engineer was becoming a pretty popular guy among the demons. One day, God called Satan up on the telephone and asked with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan laughed and replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next." God's face clouded over and he exploded, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake; he should never have gotten down there; send him up here." Satan shook his head, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him." God was as mad as he had ever been, "This is not the way things are supposed to work and you know it. Send him back up here or I'll sue." Satan laughed uproariously, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

source: http://www.jokes4us.com...

That's funny!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:18:00 PM
Please comment.

Heaven or Hell is not a place where God's people will go to after they die. We were created in Heaven, which is the invisible mind of our invisible Creator. Hell is only a religious belief God gave man to force them into religion and keep them deceived for the rest of this first age. Hell isn't a place where bad people will go after death. Only the flesh of man perishes because the flesh are only illusions that aren't man's reality.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 1:48:25 AM
Please comment.

When I was a child I attended a private Christian school. I got the first spanking I ever had there. The only other memory I have of it is going to the worship center where we got to watch a movie. It was a depiction of heaven and hell. The people in heaven were dressed in white and they were enjoying a buffet while talking about the people they miss who are in hell and how happy they are to be in heaven. Then it switched to hell. Those people were slaves in a fiery place. They were crying for water and talking about how sad they were that they were sinners and that they should have been better when they were alive.

It was so ridiculous that it stuck with me. Even in the 1st grade I knew that it was am absolutely absurd outcome. The end.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 3:45:16 AM
Please comment.

That's a good point. If Satan is opposed to God then why would he do his dirty work for him? Surely if he wanted to really piss off God, he would do the direct opposite of what God wanted. That is, to reward those sent to him rather than punish them. I think you are onto something. Hell is heaven too. Or it's an incoherent concept. Take your pick.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:39:24 AM
At 11/6/2014 1:48:25 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Please comment.

When I was a child I attended a private Christian school. I got the first spanking I ever had there. The only other memory I have of it is going to the worship center where we got to watch a movie. It was a depiction of heaven and hell. The people in heaven were dressed in white and they were enjoying a buffet while talking about the people they miss who are in hell and how happy they are to be in heaven. Then it switched to hell. Those people were slaves in a fiery place. They were crying for water and talking about how sad they were that they were sinners and that they should have been better when they were alive.

It was so ridiculous that it stuck with me. Even in the 1st grade I knew that it was am absolutely absurd outcome. The end.

How good are the people who make movies like this to condemn anyone who doesn't obey their rules?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:45:25 AM
At 11/6/2014 8:39:24 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Please comment.

How good are the people who make movies like this to condemn anyone who doesn't obey their rules?

They mean well, they are just very very mislead. They usually do more harm than good with that sort of propaganda. It blows my mind.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:57:54 AM
At 11/6/2014 8:45:25 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Please comment.

They mean well, they are just very very mislead. They usually do more harm than good with that sort of propaganda. It blows my mind.

The day God taught me there was no hell, I cried for joy. I had three brothers, a father, two step dads, grandparents and many other close friends and family who died at an early age. I had no idea where they went after they died but now I know exactly how we were created so I have no fear of death. In fact, I can't wait until I die to get out of this crazy world we're in that was planned by God to confuse His people.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:58:00 AM
Satan is the ruler of hell correct?

Not according to the Bible.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 12:49:44 PM
At 11/6/2014 8:57:54 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Please comment.

The day God taught me there was no hell, I cried for joy. I had three brothers, a father, two step dads, grandparents and many other close friends and family who died at an early age. I had no idea where they went after they died but now I know exactly how we were created so I have no fear of death. In fact, I can't wait until I die to get out of this crazy world we're in that was planned by God to confuse His people.

So everyone ends up in heaven? even mass murderers, pedophiles, etc?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 4:22:30 PM
At 11/6/2014 12:49:44 PM, tkubok wrote:
Please comment.

So everyone ends up in heaven? even mass murderers, pedophiles, etc?

Yes, but not in the same bodies they died with in this world. Heaven isn't a place we go to after we die. It is the invisible mind of God ( His thoughts ) where we were created. The illusions we see, smell, taste, hear, touch, fell emotionally, etc. are formed from processed information ( God's thoughts converted into wavelengths ). This means our bodies weren't real in the first place.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:19:40 PM
In fact, I can't wait until I die to get out of this crazy world we're in that was planned by God to confuse His people.

Ah, you just gave yourself away.

If you were Christ, you could leave this world at any time without having to die, because if you exist today, you never did die on the cross, that was all just a magic show to fool the masses.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:02:51 AM
At 11/6/2014 7:19:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
In fact, I can't wait until I die to get out of this crazy world we're in that was planned by God to confuse His people.

Ah, you just gave yourself away.

If you were Christ, you could leave this world at any time without having to die, because if you exist today, you never did die on the cross, that was all just a magic show to fool the masses.

Only the illusion ( the flesh that's writing this post ) dies. I ( Christ ) will remain alive forever and so will you because you were created in me.