Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Theologists attacking atheists.

carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MsIndependent
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MsIndependent
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:05:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

I think it is because atheism represents something that scares them. Most religious people believe that evil exists. Atheist are automatically assumed to be devilish and evil because they reject the concept of God.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:16:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.

Maybe the theologians is this case are demonstrating their mental prowess. Macho nerds is what I like to call them. We have some resident macho nerds here. Ugh!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MsIndependent
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:30:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:16:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.

Maybe the theologians is this case are demonstrating their mental prowess. Macho nerds is what I like to call them. We have some resident macho nerds here. Ugh!

Haha yes. It just floors me at times. I just had to post to two that were saying conservatives and anyone religious are unable to excel academically. Well.. So rude.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked anyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:03:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked anyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

#1 - I doubt very seriously that you know 5,000 atheists to a thorough enough level to declare them free of criticism of religion. That appears to be a random number generated for theatrical effect.

#2 - please take a look around the forum.

#3 - Please read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Richard Carrier, GA Wells, or watch Bill Maher for a while.

Do you really think the religious people who have been on the receiving end of that behavior for decades now are as unaware of it as you are? Is personal incredulity better evidence than say ... Richard Dawkins openly declaring religion a mental health issue?

Hmmm ... but atheists feel attacked when similar criticism is aimed at them?

What did you expect?
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:12:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:03:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked anyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

#1 - I doubt very seriously that you know 5,000 atheists to a thorough enough level to declare them free of criticism of religion. That appears to be a random number generated for theatrical effect.

#2 - please take a look around the forum.

#3 - Please read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Richard Carrier, GA Wells, or watch Bill Maher for a while.

Do you really think the religious people who have been on the receiving end of that behavior for decades now are as unaware of it as you are? Is personal incredulity better evidence than say ... Richard Dawkins openly declaring religion a mental health issue?

Hmmm ... but atheists feel attacked when similar criticism is aimed at them?

What did you expect?

You're right 5,000 is a theatrical number it is closer to 4,700 and I do know them close enough to know that the don't criticize religions.

I have read Hitchens, Dawkins, and Harris several times so please stop telling me what they say, I know.

Also atheists don't get the same criticism as those of religion. More often than not they get more criticism than what they give out.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 7:55:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked oanyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

I'm going to go ahead and politely say there is no way you know that.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:13:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 7:55:23 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked oanyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

I'm going to go ahead and politely say there is no way you know that.

I am from a small, atheist town where everybody knows each other.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:10:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 8:13:48 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 7:55:23 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked oanyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

I'm going to go ahead and politely say there is no way you know that.

I am from a small, atheist town where everybody knows each other.

When I hear people making claims they cannot possibly back up, with certainty, I know they are talking horseshit.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:27:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do geologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

I guess the rock people just have it out for atheists.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:36:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 9:27:20 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do geologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

I guess the rock people just have it out for atheists.

I can see this conversation is eroding when you're digging for schist like that!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:06:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Why do atheists attack Christianity verbally and mentally? For many similar reasons. Because they disagree with their worldview and don't think it is true or because they want to justify what they believe. The question is can an atheistic worldview ever really be justified? Who does an atheist appeal to as the ultimate, objective authority? Science? Science changes. They don't have one. It all becomes subjective, relative self or others that they use to justify what they believe. They feel (and feelings is what it boils down to) that their limited knowledge and subjective understanding is enough to determine the truth of the matter. They are their own gods. Its all power politics to an atheist. Good is what the mighty make it, thus the different beliefs about what is actually good in different cultures and countries. If you're an atheist living in Yemen then try telling an Arab in Yemen that same-sex marriage is right. Atheistic standards are relative standards that change with the power structure.
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:13:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:16:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.

Maybe the theologians is this case are demonstrating their mental prowess. Macho nerds is what I like to call them. We have some resident macho nerds here. Ugh!

Do you not think that is a little feminist? Feminine prowess! (^8

Peter
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:51:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:12:19 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:03:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:55:11 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:52:34 AM, neutral wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Perhaps you should read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, and watch Bill Maher for a bit.

For decades now atheists haven't cared that they attacked theologians of all strips. What did you expect?

Now that atheism is prominent, it is subjected to the same critical treatment in return?

I believe we call this being hoisted by ones own petard.

I am atheist and I know roughly 5,000 atheists and not one of them has ever attacked anyone that has a religion. However they all have been attacked multiple times.

#1 - I doubt very seriously that you know 5,000 atheists to a thorough enough level to declare them free of criticism of religion. That appears to be a random number generated for theatrical effect.

#2 - please take a look around the forum.

#3 - Please read Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Richard Carrier, GA Wells, or watch Bill Maher for a while.

Do you really think the religious people who have been on the receiving end of that behavior for decades now are as unaware of it as you are? Is personal incredulity better evidence than say ... Richard Dawkins openly declaring religion a mental health issue?

Hmmm ... but atheists feel attacked when similar criticism is aimed at them?

What did you expect?

You're right 5,000 is a theatrical number it is closer to 4,700 and I do know them close enough to know that the don't criticize religions.

I have read Hitchens, Dawkins, and Harris several times so please stop telling me what they say, I know.

Also atheists don't get the same criticism as those of religion. More often than not they get more criticism than what they give out.

So, if you know ho vicious Hitchens, Dawkins, and Harris are toward religion, why are you complaining that religious people are attacking atheists?

Good for the goose, good for the gander correct?
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:18:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 11:06:27 AM, PGA wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

The question is can an atheistic worldview ever really be justified?

Why would an acknowledgement of lack of evidence (for anything) need to be justified, Peter? It is only when this acknowledgement concerns god that an issue arises. The rest of your argument is a non sequitur.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:35:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.

Just remember that God's saints and prophets are only illusions like everything else in this world. It's our testimonies in written and spoken form that comes from the mind of God which has biblical names like Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, the Law of God, Light of Men, Eternal Life, Zion, Holy Spirit, Jacob, etc.

We're not here for God's people to praise our bodies and worship us as deities like Jesus was. All the praise and glory goes to our invisible Creator who created us all and formed flesh and the other objects of this universe to experience life in. Saint Paul wrote it like this;

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
30: The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent,
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:41:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:35:32 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.

Just remember that God's saints and prophets are only illusions like everything else in this world. It's our testimonies in written and spoken form that comes from the mind of God which has biblical names like Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, the Law of God, Light of Men, Eternal Life, Zion, Holy Spirit, Jacob, etc.

We're not here for God's people to praise our bodies and worship us as deities like Jesus was. All the praise and glory goes to our invisible Creator who created us all and formed flesh and the other objects of this universe to experience life in. Saint Paul wrote it like this;

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
30: The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent,
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."

That's one of the things that I dislike about those of religion, telling me lines of their holy books. I've heard it all already, I will still choose this life after you waste your breath telling me all of that.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:42:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 11:13:36 AM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:16:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.

Maybe the theologians is this case are demonstrating their mental prowess. Macho nerds is what I like to call them. We have some resident macho nerds here. Ugh!

Do you not think that is a little feminist? Feminine prowess! (^8

Peter

I don't know about you but I've met some pretty macho bravo ladies as well. ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:53:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:41:22 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:35:32 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.

Just remember that God's saints and prophets are only illusions like everything else in this world. It's our testimonies in written and spoken form that comes from the mind of God which has biblical names like Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, the Law of God, Light of Men, Eternal Life, Zion, Holy Spirit, Jacob, etc.

We're not here for God's people to praise our bodies and worship us as deities like Jesus was. All the praise and glory goes to our invisible Creator who created us all and formed flesh and the other objects of this universe to experience life in. Saint Paul wrote it like this;

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
30: The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent,
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."

That's one of the things that I dislike about those of religion, telling me lines of their holy books. I've heard it all already, I will still choose this life after you waste your breath telling me all of that.

You have no choice to be in this world until your body dies according to God's plan. Then you will awaken in two new bodies in the new world. One body will be a male and the other one will be a female. You will be partners for eternity without ever understanding what death means.
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:56:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:53:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:41:22 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:35:32 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.

Just remember that God's saints and prophets are only illusions like everything else in this world. It's our testimonies in written and spoken form that comes from the mind of God which has biblical names like Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, the Law of God, Light of Men, Eternal Life, Zion, Holy Spirit, Jacob, etc.

We're not here for God's people to praise our bodies and worship us as deities like Jesus was. All the praise and glory goes to our invisible Creator who created us all and formed flesh and the other objects of this universe to experience life in. Saint Paul wrote it like this;

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
30: The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent,
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."

That's one of the things that I dislike about those of religion, telling me lines of their holy books. I've heard it all already, I will still choose this life after you waste your breath telling me all of that.

You have no choice to be in this world until your body dies according to God's plan. Then you will awaken in two new bodies in the new world. One body will be a male and the other one will be a female. You will be partners for eternity without ever understanding what death means.

Exactly like that.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:01:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:56:36 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:53:25 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:41:22 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:35:32 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/7/2014 12:44:39 PM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:17:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

Because atheists know that Christianity is filled with heathens who have no idea who God is according to their interpretations of the Bible.

Only God's chosen saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator and learn who we are in Him. We learn that Christianity was used by God to spread building techniques throughout the world instead of teaching people about our true existence in God. God's plan called the beast is what God used to teach His people how to build their false gods and worship false deities ( imaginary gods ).

You are the only saint that I know of Bog.

Just remember that God's saints and prophets are only illusions like everything else in this world. It's our testimonies in written and spoken form that comes from the mind of God which has biblical names like Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, the Law of God, Light of Men, Eternal Life, Zion, Holy Spirit, Jacob, etc.

We're not here for God's people to praise our bodies and worship us as deities like Jesus was. All the praise and glory goes to our invisible Creator who created us all and formed flesh and the other objects of this universe to experience life in. Saint Paul wrote it like this;

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
30: The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all men everywhere to repent,
31: because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead."

That's one of the things that I dislike about those of religion, telling me lines of their holy books. I've heard it all already, I will still choose this life after you waste your breath telling me all of that.

You have no choice to be in this world until your body dies according to God's plan. Then you will awaken in two new bodies in the new world. One body will be a male and the other one will be a female. You will be partners for eternity without ever understanding what death means.

Exactly like that.

Yes, exactly like I explained it.
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:49:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:42:26 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:13:36 AM, PGA wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:16:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:05:27 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:02:27 AM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:41:03 AM, MsIndependent wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

It's ironic that you say that. I am a Christian and have been attacked by theologians recently quite a bit. I'm not sure they are really religious theologians but theologians nonetheless.

So there attacking christians as well?

Yes lol At least my professors are. We have a school debate site and the theologians on there can't stand me because I'm Christian. I guess they aren't happy w anyone.

Maybe the theologians is this case are demonstrating their mental prowess. Macho nerds is what I like to call them. We have some resident macho nerds here. Ugh!

Do you not think that is a little feminist? Feminine prowess! (^8

Peter

I don't know about you but I've met some pretty macho bravo ladies as well. ;)

Too true!

Peter
PGA
Posts: 4,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:53:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:18:42 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:06:27 AM, PGA wrote:
At 11/6/2014 9:19:14 PM, carriead20 wrote:
Why do theologists always attack atheists either verbally or mentally.

The question is can an atheistic worldview ever really be justified?

Why would an acknowledgement of lack of evidence (for anything) need to be justified, Peter? It is only when this acknowledgement concerns god that an issue arises. The rest of your argument is a non sequitur.

The evidence for God is there Skepticalone. Atheists work hard at changing it into non-evidence.

Peter