Jump to topic:

Ask Chrstian Questions

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 10:10:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I notice that this one guy used to do something like this once and I thought I would try to do something like it, but I will say this. I do not claim to speak for God, but only as a human individual who is following what his heart tells him. So, let the questions begin.

*grabs popcorn and chocolate and waits*

(yes, you can even ask about the chocolate and popcorn.)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:50:55 PM
At 11/6/2014 10:10:50 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I notice that this one guy used to do something like this once and I thought I would try to do something like it, but I will say this. I do not claim to speak for God, but only as a human individual who is following what his heart tells him. So, let the questions begin.

So your personal doctrine is... THUMP-thump.... THUMP-thump.... THUMP-thump?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:56:25 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:50:55 PM, Beastt wrote:

The Church of the Holy Atria! We will smite those heathens who worship their false gods, the Ventricles!
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:59:29 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:56:25 PM, Cryo wrote:

The Church of the Holy Atria! We will smite those heathens who worship their false gods, the Ventricles!

What are you talking about? The First Southern Ventricles are the only true followers of the heart... you... heretic!
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:02:43 AM
At 11/6/2014 11:59:29 PM, Beastt wrote:

What are you talking about? The First Southern Ventricles are the only true followers of the heart... you... heretic!

I think you need to re-read the Book of the Holy Artery, for you will see that you misinterpret scripture, you deoxygenated sinner!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:07:01 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:02:43 AM, Cryo wrote:

I think you need to re-read the Book of the Holy Artery, for you will see that you misinterpret scripture, you deoxygenated sinner!

Thou blasphemous heathen and thy wicked aortic vices! Thou shalt burn at the steak!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:08:15 AM

You're not fooling anyone with your oral tachycardia. Like a pulmonary artery, you're the one with hypoxic hemoglobin. The cyanosis of your beliefs is almost palpable. The state of your faith is like a myocardial infarction and when you die, you'll linger in perpetual fibrillation!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:29:09 AM

How did God contact His saints and prophets and why?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:37:19 AM

Why do you call yourself Christian Punk?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:39:17 AM
At 11/6/2014 11:43:02 PM, Cryo wrote:
Is this like, "ask a Christian something" or like "ask questions about Christianity"?

Yeah, but it's a bit more like asking from my perspective while I admit I could be wrong about it, but that's just how I view the world and the bible.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:39:54 AM

My heart! Where did you get that?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:42:16 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:29:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:

That's a good question. Not sure since Daniel recieved visions and others like Moses saw glowing bushes. Now I believe they all had dreams and visions or they experienced these things in rl. I'm not sure, but I doubt something like the next prophet will happen again.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:47:38 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:37:19 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Why do you call yourself Christian Punk?

It started around my later year as a Junior in high school before Christianity. I became a punk after discovering the music. It was fun and I loved the sound, which led me to guitar and all that. The philosophy was quite nice too. I didn't want to be an anarchist because I thought that was too much violence. 2 years ago I became a Christian after learning what Easter meant for christians and learning the story of Christ. I was a guy who didn't forgive easily. I then forgave my enemies, tried to be a pacifist, and go to church. But I realized something. Was my music days done for? I did some checking and saw there was actually christian punks like Officer Negative, Infirmities, The MOPIC, Preacher and Praiser (two anarchist bands from Germany), and others. So I saw Christianity differently after that and that's why I chose the name.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:01:59 AM

Two questions:

1. How does being a Christian affect your values in society (in your opinion)

2. If you were never a Christian, what values would you hold
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:10:03 AM
Do dogs smile?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:50:11 AM
At 11/7/2014 8:42:16 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 11/7/2014 12:29:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:

That's a good question. Not sure since Daniel recieved visions and others like Moses saw glowing bushes. Now I believe they all had dreams and visions or they experienced these things in rl. I'm not sure, but I doubt something like the next prophet will happen again.

When you doubt that God can contact His people, then you have no idea who God is. I've been speaking for Him for the past 6 1/2 years now after He contacted me on December 7th, 1979. It took Him 28 1/2 years to get me totally obedient and trusting in Him before I could become a witness to His knowledge and testify to every word He puts in His mind for me to write or speak.

This means I know exactly how God contacts us saints and prophets and why He does it. Because of us, we have learned who we are in Him. He also teaches us about many things that happened in the past, the present strong delusion we're in and how we'll be living in the next age. In the past few years, He has revealed to me exactly how He created us, which is why He waited until all His modern technology was built so He could use them as analogies to teach us that we're characters within His thoughts that are converted into wavelengths of energy ( the Heavenly Kingdom of God ).

The Earthly Kingdom if the visible defined world that each of us created beings get to observe and experience with all the rest of our senses. We are not real at all. We're only information that has to be processed into illusions to see each other.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:46:47 AM
At 11/7/2014 8:39:54 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

From your claim in your opening post. You said, " as a human individual who is following what his heart tells him". You're heart can't tell you anything. You're of course, talking about emotion and intuition, both of which are known to be unreliable guides.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:40:13 AM
At 11/7/2014 10:46:47 AM, Beastt wrote:

From your claim in your opening post. You said, " as a human individual who is following what his heart tells him". You're heart can't tell you anything. You're of course, talking about emotion and intuition, both of which are known to be unreliable guides.

Lol. I thought you actually had my heart. XD

Just trying to humor
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 11:51:07 AM
At 11/7/2014 11:40:13 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 11/7/2014 10:46:47 AM, Beastt wrote:

Lol. I thought you actually had my heart. XD

Just trying to humor

While I find your general beliefs to be less distorted than those of most Christians, my hope was to clarify the reference that you've made. It's a very common plea from theists that we should "open our hearts". But the figurative reference to the "heart" is a plea to emotion. While most people realize that it's fool-hearty to advise anyone to just follow their emotions, they have far less trouble telling them to "follow their heart". The reality is that the statements mean the very same thing.

And if one has ever done any research of behavioral economics, they should be intimately familiar with the downfalls of human intuition. It has been studied extensively and the series of failed rationality makes for great comedy. It leaves most unable to do anything less than laugh at their own irrationality.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:01:17 PM
At 11/7/2014 11:51:07 AM, Beastt wrote:
It's a very common plea from theists that we should "open our hearts". But the figurative reference to the "heart" is a plea to emotion. While most people realize that it's fool-hearty to advise anyone to just follow their emotions, they have far less trouble telling them to "follow their heart". The reality is that the statements mean the very same thing.

There is no reason to pursue anything but for feeling and emotion.

Reason alone does not support any action whatsoever.
Reason helps evaluate how the world works, and determine the best way of fulfilling your feeling and emotion-based cares.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:09:01 PM
At 11/7/2014 1:01:17 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 11/7/2014 11:51:07 AM, Beastt wrote:
It's a very common plea from theists that we should "open our hearts". But the figurative reference to the "heart" is a plea to emotion. While most people realize that it's fool-hearty to advise anyone to just follow their emotions, they have far less trouble telling them to "follow their heart". The reality is that the statements mean the very same thing.

There is no reason to pursue anything but for feeling and emotion.

Reason helps evaluate how the world works, and determine the best way of fulfilling your feeling and emotion-based cares.

Emotion and intuition without reason and evidence result only in pacification rather than understanding.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:15:51 PM
At 11/7/2014 1:09:01 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:01:17 PM, mortsdor wrote:

Emotion and intuition without reason and evidence result only in pacification rather than understanding.

sure, I suggested that reason plays an important role in figuring out the best way of acting...

but "following your heart" or following your feelings/emotions is the ONLY reason to act.. you should just follow it sensibly.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:56:04 PM

What's the most Christian thing you've ever Christianed while on a Christian?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:21:58 PM
At 11/7/2014 8:56:04 PM, n7 wrote:

What's the most Christian thing you've ever Christianed while on a Christian?

Ummmmm. Can you explain the question? O.o
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:24:12 PM
At 11/7/2014 9:10:03 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Do dogs smile?

Dogs like huskies do. And if your lucky, sometimes they wink at you.

If you don't believe me, look up the Smile Dog.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:34:45 PM
At 11/7/2014 9:01:59 AM, Envisage wrote:

Two questions:

1. How does being a Christian affect your values in society (in your opinion)

2. If you were never a Christian, what values would you hold

1. It affects my social views and my family views. I used to be very homophobic, racist and unforgiving back then. I was considered a default Christian who just says he is a Christian because you don't want to feel left out. I used God to get out of trouble and charm other people so that I could manipulate them. I was an ego maniac as well who wanted things his own way. I became a Christian at the age of 18 and had the following new beliefs. Gays go to heaven, evolution is true, hell is not a place of fire and brimstone, etc. SO I became a heretic afterwards, but I ended up reading the bible in an honest way where I was seeking for answers.

2. If I wasn't, I would probably still pick on gays, singing "All the black people are gonna die" (which was my favorite song I made up back then), and (my teachers can attest to this since they saw my drawings) I would go around killing muslims and rapists and serial killers because I think they deserve it. I wouldn't go around on a spree of doing whatever I wanted, like Eric Hovind and Ray Comfort assume. I would focus on my own philosophy back then, which was a violent one where I thought I was going to be doing justice. But then again, I was blind.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 12:42:26 AM

No hearts exist, you deluded pump chambers.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 3:30:38 PM
At 11/7/2014 8:39:17 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Is this like, "ask a Christian something" or like "ask questions about Christianity"?

Yeah, but it's a bit more like asking from my perspective while I admit I could be wrong about it, but that's just how I view the world and the bible.

Do you imagine God as an invisible father figure in the sky or as something else?
What is your perspective of God?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:20:49 PM
At 11/8/2014 3:30:38 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:39:17 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Do you imagine God as an invisible father figure in the sky or as something else?
What is your perspective of God?

My perspective of God is that giving him a figure as in an image like wise old man is dishonorable. I believe God is something to fear and love. He is the reason the cosmos is there and that we have laws of gravity and motion. Some of the things that the universe brought about by him are good, but some are bad. I believe this equilibrium doesn't make him bad or unfair, but rather fair for the sake of equality and the ying and yang. I believe God is something far greater that even the bible doesn't fully comprehend to the fullest, nor any holy book for that matter. That is why I believe that is something we should worry about when an afterlife comes to being when we die.