Jump to topic:

Is Christianity a Jewish religion?

Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:40:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
One could say that, depending on what they meant. Christianity is basically Judaism 2.0. People believed that Jesus was the Messiah prophesied in the Jewish Bible, the Tanakh (the Christian Old Testament). They started telling and later writing down their own stories, introducing a lot of distinctly Christian/un-Jewish theology, and the majority of those writings comprise the New Testament.

But it's messy. There are Jews who say Jesus was not the Messiah, and Jews who do believe Jesus was the Messiah but they're not Christians either. Then you have Christians who are all over the place with their doctrines.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:23:16 AM
At 11/6/2014 10:38:51 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
The two are often similar.

Christianity is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian religious ideas and a few ideas that came from the true saints who wrote and spoke for our Creator. The new testament was written and produced by religious antichrists who have no idea who God is.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:28:08 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:23:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Christianity is a mix of Jewish traditions, Babylonian religious ideas and a few ideas that came from the true saints who wrote and spoke for our Creator. The new testament was written and produced by religious antichrists who have no idea who God is.

bornofgod please speak for me to the Creator i want to marry... im bored here without wife so please do me a favior.. i love you
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:54:43 AM
At 11/7/2014 9:28:08 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

bornofgod please speak for me to the Creator i want to marry... im bored here without wife so please do me a favior.. i love you

Our Creator planned everything before we existed in the flesh. If He planned for you to be married in this world, you will get married. So be patient and time will tell. I love you, too.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:38:00 PM

I agree. Well said.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:55:15 PM

Christian meant originally disciple of Jesus. I think disciples of Jesus are Jews, because:

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:28-29
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:07:57 PM
Christianity is the world's oldest identifiable religious iconic religion going back 35,000 years. We Jews were given the Job of the Jew to preserve and protect the Celestial Torah with its Messianic information in order to spiritual guide human beings into becoming truly humane beings, the ultimate earthly goal of all religions. Gentiles have come along through the centuries to add their ideas to Christianity but these are not of God's Plan, e.g. our own bornagain's Gentile fantasies that are literally out of line with God's Plan. You can easily tell this by just asking bornagain what's in store for human beings on earth, including your children who according to bornagain are going to be burnt to a crisp with lava in short order. Would burning children alive with lava be part of God's Plan for guiding human beings into becoming humane beings? I don't think so unless your god is akin to that man-made monster god of the Bible who's personality is schizoid enough for the job.

Pauline Christianity, what the world and most of you know as "Christianity" is intellectually destroyed by the Israeli archeologists as they expose the Bible writers as frauds selling fables as real history to gullible Abrahamic believers of which there are billions.
peaceseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 5:48:35 PM
A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.

Who/what is the God that Christians & Jews worship?

I am what mankind has decided to call God.
I did not come from nowhere.
I play no magic tricks on man.
I did not create the earth by casting spells.
I had a humble beginning the same as man;
My beginning was at the dawn of spirituality.
My wisdom grows as more spirits unite
After the cessation of life after much physical strife.
Throughout time I have been named God,
Allah, Jehovah, The Great Spirit, and many more.
I do not judge man for his vanity or naivety
To be the one who claims to please me the most.
I am easy to please. I require very little.
I only want you to do what is best for mankind.
I will bless you and wish you well.
I will inspire your mind and you will
Accomplish the unfathomable.
I require no worship. I need nothing from man.
I am self-sufficient. I am spirit.

Develop your spirit wisely, the best that you can.
Live your life for the betterment of man.
Your spirit will soon be with me and then
Together we will see and traverse the universe.
There are many wonders to behold,
Your spirit will soar.
You will partake in all the wisdom
That has been gathered from the beginning of time.
The stars will be your playgrounds.
You can play with the animals,
Be with your loved ones,
Listen to the greatest opera,
Stage or musical performances,
Or you can just relax next to a bubbling brook
And enjoy the scenery.
You feel no pain, despair,
Heartache, or negative emotions.
You are now One with me.
You are with God my child.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 5:50:46 PM

Well, I'm hoping for world peace because I am SOOO much more altruistic than you :-P

Course, then I'd be out of a job ... so how about finding pirate treasure to keep me rich forever instead? And world peace?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 10:13:51 PM
At 11/10/2014 5:50:46 PM, neutral wrote:

Well, I'm hoping for world peace because I am SOOO much more altruistic than you :-P

Course, then I'd be out of a job ... so how about finding pirate treasure to keep me rich forever instead? And world peace?

Hhhhh dude what i learned something in my experience.. first take care of yourself after that help others.. i was like the helping community guy i almost wasnt caring for my self and when i fell into serious problems in my life they dumped me like a sh1t . so first you are the first person to help for after that help people. secondly im sure you never can find world peace because we talking about humans. but trying to do so i need to kiss your forehead to that ^^

if you want pirate treasure write a book on people intrests and believe me you would catch lots of fish. just write some stupid things about justin bieber millions girls will buy it. boom you got it. or if you were born in saudi arabia you would be an oil seller guy but you are not that lucky :D and i hope bornofgod will speak to our invisible Creator for me he always speaks to him :D:D
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 10:18:46 PM

Careful what you wish for......................LOL.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 10:55:26 PM
At 11/10/2014 10:18:46 PM, bulproof wrote:

Why not? we can play all day (:D:DD:) chat endlessly work togather and play more :D:D:D and i wish a wife who doesnt complaim all the time you know the soft smiling girls :D some girls i see at the work pains in the @ss always complain wtf what is this lol
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 11:39:44 PM
At 11/10/2014 10:55:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Why not? we can play all day (:D:DD:) chat endlessly work togather and play more :D:D:D and i wish a wife who doesnt complaim all the time you know the soft smiling girls :D some girls i see at the work pains in the @ss always complain wtf what is this lol

You mean subserviant.
Couldn't think of anything worse.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 12:00:30 AM
At 11/10/2014 11:39:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/10/2014 10:55:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

You mean subserviant.
Couldn't think of anything worse.

hh why subserviant bulproof? :D to be the best friend to your wife what i need more in life?
Never fart near dog