Jump to topic:

God Loves Atheists

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 11:54:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
God is love. This does not mean love is God. This does not mean God does not hate evil. People can be evil, but God still loves them. God never stops being love even if He must destroy His enemies in Hell.

God cannot be omnibenevolent. There is no such thing as omnibenevolence when evil exists in the hearts of rebellioius creatures. God can only appear as evil to those who are evil.
Every one of us can know God loves us. Every one of us can know God is good, and He is love, and He loves us. I know God loves me. I know God loves atheists. I know God is love. I know He is risen from the dead and He is the Lord Jesus Christ and I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven. God loves atheists and He wants the to know Him in His love. Sadly, most of them never will because they hate God.
Thanksfornotraping
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 12:05:47 PM
Why doesn't God just make all evil disappear if he loves us so much? Why can't God beat up evil? Is God too weak?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:02:06 AM
At 11/8/2014 11:54:47 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
God is love. This does not mean love is God. This does not mean God does not hate evil. People can be evil, but God still loves them. God never stops being love even if He must destroy His enemies in Hell.

God cannot be omnibenevolent. There is no such thing as omnibenevolence when evil exists in the hearts of rebellioius creatures. God can only appear as evil to those who are evil.
Every one of us can know God loves us. Every one of us can know God is good, and He is love, and He loves us. I know God loves me. I know God loves atheists. I know God is love. I know He is risen from the dead and He is the Lord Jesus Christ and I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven. God loves atheists and He wants the to know Him in His love. Sadly, most of them never will because they hate God.

Here's the thing. If God ever appeared before me and told me He loved me, I'd probably smile, give Him a fist bump and say, I loved Him, too. No big woop.

But, I don't see any gods appearing before me telling me anything. All I ever see are evangelists like yourself telling me I hate your God, even when I've never actually met him. It would seem you are the one spreading the hate where no hate exists.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:15:24 AM

Maybe they wouldn't hate God if his followers loved them as much as God does. Just saying.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:44:34 AM

If god is love how is he not all loving?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:06:36 PM
At 11/9/2014 11:02:06 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Here's the thing. If God ever appeared before me and told me He loved me, I'd probably smile, give Him a fist bump and say, I loved Him, too. No big woop.

But, I don't see any gods appearing before me telling me anything. All I ever see are evangelists like yourself telling me I hate your God, even when I've never actually met him. It would seem you are the one spreading the hate where no hate exists.

God has told you He loves you. You won't believe it. That's not my fault. The hatred is the hatred toward God in your heart. It was there long before you met me.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:12:51 PM
At 11/8/2014 12:05:47 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
Why doesn't God just make all evil disappear if he loves us so much? Why can't God beat up evil? Is God too weak?

I'm sorry, I can't help you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:15:12 PM

You are going to find out that you are wrong. I hope you find that out before you wake up in Hell and can no longer believe that God loves you. You can believe it now if you want to, but I guess you won't. I'm sorry I can't help you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:17:17 PM
At 11/9/2014 11:15:24 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Maybe they wouldn't hate God if his followers loved them as much as God does. Just saying.

They hated Jesus, they will hate His followers the same. Just saying.....If you are not sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven, you are dead in your sin and on your way to Hell. Just saying.......the only person you can blame for not believing God loves you is yourself.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:24:05 PM
At 11/9/2014 11:44:34 AM, Karmanator wrote:

God cannot be loving toward evil. Evil is the desire to deny God's right of ownership over His creatures and creation, evil is that which is turned away from or agaisnt God.
God cannot deny Himself. He can only confine evil in the Lake of Fire to purge His creation from evil. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, and the fire grows larger to accomadate people who choose to continue away from and agaisnt God in death. God is love, but to evil He can only appear as evil. If you wont' believe God loves you, you will never know God loves you. If you will believe God loves you, you can be saved, but will you repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who died in your place and offers you forgivness in His resurrection?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:31:54 PM

Your problem is you want God to approve of your sin. You will never know God loves you when you love your sin all the way to death. How can I say this in a nice way when you are being so rude? God is not a man like your wicked friends who you can give a fist bump to as an equal. God is the Creator, you are a creature who has turned agaisnt and away from God in preference of the pleasures of sin over God's offer of eternal life. It's not me you are being rude to, though you tell yourself you are outsmarting me. It's God who you are trying to convince yourself that you have outsmarted. He loves you and died in your place to pay for your smart-aleck attitude which calls for the death you deserve. You want Him dead and gone, and He died in your place when you are the one who deserves to be dead and gone in Hell forever.

I guess it won't do any good for me to try to tell you God loves you. I'm sorry.
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:38:41 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:24:05 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

God cannot be loving toward evil. Evil is the desire to deny God's right of ownership over His creatures and creation, evil is that which is turned away from or agaisnt God.
God cannot deny Himself. He can only confine evil in the Lake of Fire to purge His creation from evil. Hell was created for the devil and his angels, and the fire grows larger to accomadate people who choose to continue away from and agaisnt God in death. God is love, but to evil He can only appear as evil. If you wont' believe God loves you, you will never know God loves you. If you will believe God loves you, you can be saved, but will you repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who died in your place and offers you forgivness in His resurrection?

Thats great god loves us enough to throw us in a lake of fire for not believing that his invisibleness sent his son to save us by having him tortured and murdered for us. This god which equals love sounds shady. Does not love unconditionally from the sound of it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:40:13 PM

What good would God be if He allows evil to continue? How can God love evil? God is love, love of evil is evil. God hates evil. God loves you, He hates the evil of your ways which exalt yourself as your own god.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:47:06 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:38:41 PM, Karmanator wrote:

Thats great god loves us enough to throw us in a lake of fire for not believing that his invisibleness sent his son to save us by having him tortured and murdered for us. This god which equals love sounds shady. Does not love unconditionally from the sound of it.

God does not throw anybody into the Lake of Fire. Your sin will take you there and it's your own choice in turning against God. God has no other place for you when you are against Him. It's you who is shady. You are the one who needs to be saved from Hell. God is not the one who is dying; you are. You are arguing against God and it's a losing argument. God loves you but He will not put up with your arguments against Him forever. He gave you maybe 70, 80 years, maybe a little longer, maybe today is your last day.......then it's over. You will be either saved and in heaven with your sins forgiven or you will be dead in your sin in the Lake of Fire and if you end up their, it's your own fault for rejecting God's offer of pardon through the price He paid for you with His own blood. He took your death because He loves you. God loves atheists, but that does not mean He will let them deny Him forever without punishment.
HououinKyouma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:47:32 PM

On what basis do you make the claim "god is love"? How have you come across that piece of information?
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:57:58 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:40:13 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

What good would God be if He allows evil to continue? How can God love evil? God is love, love of evil is evil. God hates evil. God loves you, He hates the evil of your ways which exalt yourself as your own god.

How can god be love and hate anything it created? Hates the sin not the sinner? Then the whole eternal revenge thing is a bit much, our teaches are other humans not godly angels to assist us in our ignorance. Also requiring belief in an unverifiable being based on faith is more than absurd especially for such a "punishment", and for the crime of ignorance of all things.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:48:42 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:31:54 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Your problem is you want God to approve of your sin.[

No, that is not my problem at all, I have sins to approve or disapprove. Making up stuff about me is not an argument.

You will never know God loves you when you love your sin all the way to death. How can I say this in a nice way when you are being so rude? God is not a man like your wicked friends who you can give a fist bump to as an equal.

Rude? Wicked friends? Is there some reason you feel compelled to personally insult me for no reason?

God is the Creator, you are a creature who has turned agaisnt and away from God in preference of the pleasures of sin over God's offer of eternal life.

Pleasures of sin? Such as what?

It's not me you are being rude to, though you tell yourself you are outsmarting me. It's God who you are trying to convince yourself that you have outsmarted. He loves you and died in your place to pay for your smart-aleck attitude which calls for the death you deserve.

The death I deserve? Nice.

You want Him dead and gone, and He died in your place when you are the one who deserves to be dead and gone in Hell forever.

You are one very nasty piece of work. Do you hate all people who don't share your beliefs equally?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:51:00 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:15:12 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

You are going to find out that you are wrong. I hope you find that out before you wake up in Hell and can no longer believe that God loves you. You can believe it now if you want to, but I guess you won't. I'm sorry I can't help you.

Your childish threats of Hell are just that; childish.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:52:43 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:06:36 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

God has told you He loves you.

No god has ever told me anything.

The hatred is the hatred toward God in your heart. It was there long before you met me.

I can't have hatred towards something that has never been shown to exist. That's just silly.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:28:10 PM
God never stops being love even if He must destroy His enemies in Hell.

Please define love.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:31:07 PM

No, you told me he loves me. When God appears before me then I'll decide whether to believe him, and only then will I be justified in doing so.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 5:45:34 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:17:17 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

They hated Jesus, they will hate His followers the same. Just saying.....If you are not sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven, you are dead in your sin and on your way to Hell. Just saying.......the only person you can blame for not believing God loves you is yourself.

I have no doubt in my mind that it is you who hates them and not God.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:32:33 PM

The love of God has nothing to do with human emotions. The love of God is His knowledge that removes all fear. Only us saints are taught the knowledge of the past, present and future and exactly how we were created. With this knowledge, we preach the gospel until we find God's chosen believers who listen to His voice ( the gospel ). They listen and learn about the love of God, even though they don't possess all His love during this first age. Most of His believers will have some fear before they did in this age.
Natec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:03:39 PM

Quoted for truth.
Dude... stop...
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:20:02 PM

You have no way of "knowing" any of this.

You do not "know" any of this, you *believe* this. You can repeat all of this fantasy all you want, but your biblebabblewoowoo is of no more value now than it is the first time you babbled it out.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:22:56 PM

God has told you He loves you. You won't believe it. That's not my fault. The hatred is the hatred toward God in your heart. It was there long before you met me.

Life means god is unnecessary.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:28:07 PM
So 2 = (1+1), but (1+1) != 2. Right?

If people are evil, wicked sinful things and God loves people, then God loves evil, wicked, sinful things. The truth is, you don't know what you believe. You attempt to hold a contradiction as logic.

And God loves evil as he loves those who are evil. Or has God changed since your last sentence?

Every one of us can know God loves us.
You mean "believe". Even if you insist otherwise, you're only misusing the word "know".

Every one of us can know God is good, and He is love, and He loves us.
If God's behaviors in the Bible reflect his idea of love, I'd rather be "loved" by a cell mate named "Slugger" who "loved" his wife and kids to death.
You've learned to regurgitate. But if you would learn to digest, regurgitation would be unnecessary, and you could make use of what you've swallowed.

I know God loves me. I know God loves atheists. I know God is love.
You "believe" these things.

I know He is risen from the dead and He is the Lord Jesus Christ and I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven. God loves atheists and He wants the to know Him in His love. Sadly, most of them never will because they hate God.
We will return to "Mindless T-Rolling in the Aisles" after this commercial break.

So God decided to stop mocking us (as he was doing when last we looked to one of the activities you bestowed upon your version of God), and now he's busy loving us? Given his history as recorded in "his word", I'd feel better knowing he was mocking me.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 1:11:10 AM

Say what? God is either love or God is not love.

So where do atheists go when they die?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 8:43:10 AM
At 11/9/2014 3:47:06 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 11/9/2014 3:38:41 PM, Karmanator wrote:

God does not throw anybody into the Lake of Fire. Your sin will take you there and it's your own choice in turning against God. God has no other place for you when you are against Him. It's you who is shady. You are the one who needs to be saved from Hell. God is not the one who is dying; you are. You are arguing against God and it's a losing argument. God loves you but He will not put up with your arguments against Him forever. He gave you maybe 70, 80 years, maybe a little longer, maybe today is your last day.......then it's over. You will be either saved and in heaven with your sins forgiven or you will be dead in your sin in the Lake of Fire and if you end up their, it's your own fault for rejecting God's offer of pardon through the price He paid for you with His own blood. He took your death because He loves you. God loves atheists, but that does not mean He will let them deny Him forever without punishment.

Christians have no idea what the "lake of fire" means. Only us saints were taught by God about what the symbolic terms are in the prophecies.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 8:24:42 PM
At 11/9/2014 5:31:07 PM, Double_R wrote:

No, you told me he loves me. When God appears before me then I'll decide whether to believe him, and only then will I be justified in doing so.

So you will not know God loves you? You can know it now. He is there, He loves you, He knows everything about you. If you won't believe He loves you before your death is finalized, you won't get another chance to know God's love. He proved His love when He became a man and died in your place to pay your price in death so you could be bought back from Hell by His blood. The time is now before your death is finalized. If you choose to finalize your death rejecting God's love, which is the choice you are making now at this moment, finalizing your death because you do not know if your heart will beat any more after this....you are choosing death. Why?