Total Posts:92|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you believe your Religion?

carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:43:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.

I am a Christian because the Bible is all truth.
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:46:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 4:43:24 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.

I am a Christian because the Bible is all truth.

Why do you believe the Bible is all truth? Why don't you believe the Quran is all truth?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 4:46:34 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:43:24 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.

I am a Christian because the Bible is all truth.

Why do you believe the Bible is all truth? Why don't you believe the Quran is all truth?

I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.
Why don't you believe that the Bible is All truth?
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:53:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:46:34 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:43:24 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.

I am a Christian because the Bible is all truth.

Why do you believe the Bible is all truth? Why don't you believe the Quran is all truth?

I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific and geographical evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.
Why don't you believe that the Bible is All truth?
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)
Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:26:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 12:22:11 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I am atheist and would like to know why you believe in whatever god(s) you do.

My God is love. I don't worship it like a God, it's just my philosophy. I can't speak to whether or not there is some sentient being having conscious thought watching over the universe. I don't look at it that way. I just am and it's enough for me. Free hugs offered! Lol!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:04:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean when you say that there is scientific evidence to support that the bible was divinely inspired?
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:21:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:04:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean when you say that there is scientific evidence to support that the bible was divinely inspired?

Sure, but I'm only gonna give you one piece of evidence now and then once you answer my question, I will give you a little more depending on your response.
Well, in Genesis 17:12, God demanded that all infants be circumcised on the eight day. Doctors/Scientists later discovered that the eighth day was when an infants prothrombin and vitamin K are at their highest levels. On the eighth day, the amount of prothrombin present actually is elevated above one-hundred percent of normal"and is the only day in the male"s life in which this will be the case under normal conditions. If surgery is to be performed, day eight is the perfect day to do it. Vitamin K and prothrombin levels are at their peak.

Now, what is your view on the subject at hand?
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:37:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:21:29 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:04:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean when you say that there is scientific evidence to support that the bible was divinely inspired?

Sure, but I'm only gonna give you one piece of evidence now and then once you answer my question, I will give you a little more depending on your response.
Well, in Genesis 17:12, God demanded that all infants be circumcised on the eight day. Doctors/Scientists later discovered that the eighth day was when an infants prothrombin and vitamin K are at their highest levels. On the eighth day, the amount of prothrombin present actually is elevated above one-hundred percent of normal"and is the only day in the male"s life in which this will be the case under normal conditions. If surgery is to be performed, day eight is the perfect day to do it. Vitamin K and prothrombin levels are at their peak.

Now, what is your view on the subject at hand?
Now if the scriptures werent inspired by God, how did a human know that circumcision on the eight day was the BEST and appropriate time to perform such an act??
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 7:31:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 6:21:29 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:04:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean when you say that there is scientific evidence to support that the bible was divinely inspired?

Sure, but I'm only gonna give you one piece of evidence now and then once you answer my question, I will give you a little more depending on your response.
Well, in Genesis 17:12, God demanded that all infants be circumcised on the eight day. Doctors/Scientists later discovered that the eighth day was when an infants prothrombin and vitamin K are at their highest levels. On the eighth day, the amount of prothrombin present actually is elevated above one-hundred percent of normal"and is the only day in the male"s life in which this will be the case under normal conditions. If surgery is to be performed, day eight is the perfect day to do it. Vitamin K and prothrombin levels are at their peak.

Now, what is your view on the subject at hand?

My view is that what you just said does not qualify as scientific evidence. If you're going to claim that parts of the bible which turned out to be true is evidence of divine inspiration then you have to account for the parts of the bible that are just plain wrong. So how do you account for it?
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).

Psalm 18:30-36 speaks for itself,
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:30:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 7:31:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:21:29 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:04:19 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/8/2014 4:53:01 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
I believe that the Bible is all truth because it hasn't been proven false and it gives us scientific evidence that it was inspired by a super natural being. As for the Quran, it contradicts the Bible quite frequently so it can't be All truth.

Would you care to elaborate on what you mean when you say that there is scientific evidence to support that the bible was divinely inspired?

Sure, but I'm only gonna give you one piece of evidence now and then once you answer my question, I will give you a little more depending on your response.
Well, in Genesis 17:12, God demanded that all infants be circumcised on the eight day. Doctors/Scientists later discovered that the eighth day was when an infants prothrombin and vitamin K are at their highest levels. On the eighth day, the amount of prothrombin present actually is elevated above one-hundred percent of normal"and is the only day in the male"s life in which this will be the case under normal conditions. If surgery is to be performed, day eight is the perfect day to do it. Vitamin K and prothrombin levels are at their peak.

Now, what is your view on the subject at hand?

My view is that what you just said does not qualify as scientific evidence. If you're going to claim that parts of the bible which turned out to be true is evidence of divine inspiration then you have to account for the parts of the bible that are just plain wrong. So how do you account for it?

Well do you first off want to let me no some specifics about what you're reffering to when you say, " Parts of the bible that are just plain wrong??

I also have ALOT of more evidence then that.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:31:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).
Do you remember where jesus said if you look with lust then you have committed adultery, that means that if you are tempted then you have sinned.
To bad you people are incapable of putting these verses together and coming to the logical conclusion that jesus sinned when he was tempted.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:32:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).

Psalm 18:30-36 speaks for itself,
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."

Can you give examples that don't involve the Bible. While if I was Christian those would make excellent points, I am Atheist so I want to see more evidence than a Bible.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:41:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:31:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).
Do you remember where jesus said if you look with lust then you have committed adultery, that means that if you are tempted then you have sinned.
To bad you people are incapable of putting these verses together and coming to the logical conclusion that jesus sinned when he was tempted.

Huh??? How did Jesus sin when he was tempted??
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:52:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:32:41 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).

Psalm 18:30-36 speaks for itself,
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."

Can you give examples that don't involve the Bible. While if I was Christian those would make excellent points, I am Atheist so I want to see more evidence than a Bible.

No offense but, thats whats wrong with the world today, they want something more than the Bible!! Why can't God's Word be enough. He said that in His word he has given us all things pertaining to godliness ( 2 Peter 1:3). I use to think that the Bible was fiction but, then I started studying it and found it to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No one has showed me any flaw or fallacy that was irrefutable.
So I will continue to give attention to God's divine word which will never fail!!!
You know you should try it before you deny it!!
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 8:57:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:52:07 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:32:41 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).

Psalm 18:30-36 speaks for itself,
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."

Can you give examples that don't involve the Bible. While if I was Christian those would make excellent points, I am Atheist so I want to see more evidence than a Bible.

No offense but, thats whats wrong with the world today, they want something more than the Bible!! Why can't God's Word be enough. He said that in His word he has given us all things pertaining to godliness ( 2 Peter 1:3). I use to think that the Bible was fiction but, then I started studying it and found it to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No one has showed me any flaw or fallacy that was irrefutable.
So I will continue to give attention to God's divine word which will never fail!!!
You know you should try it before you deny it!!

That's the thing, growing up I was a strong Christian. I knew/know the Bible front and back.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
MarioWatsonBeasley
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 9:05:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:57:13 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:52:07 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:32:41 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).

Psalm 18:30-36 speaks for itself,
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."

Can you give examples that don't involve the Bible. While if I was Christian those would make excellent points, I am Atheist so I want to see more evidence than a Bible.

No offense but, thats whats wrong with the world today, they want something more than the Bible!! Why can't God's Word be enough. He said that in His word he has given us all things pertaining to godliness ( 2 Peter 1:3). I use to think that the Bible was fiction but, then I started studying it and found it to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No one has showed me any flaw or fallacy that was irrefutable.
So I will continue to give attention to God's divine word which will never fail!!!
You know you should try it before you deny it!!

That's the thing, growing up I was a strong Christian. I knew/know the Bible front and back. There is only one doctrine floating around that is the true and correct doctrine, and that doctrine is the Bible. There is only one group of folks that use only this doctrine. They illustrate the 1st century church. These individuals are referred to as the church of Christ. I am a member of the Lord's church and we stand strong on God's word!!
We call Bible things by Bible names, Do Bible things in Bible ways, speak where the Bible speaks, and is silent where the Bible is silent!! Nothing more, nothing less!!!
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 9:05:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 8:41:54 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:31:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/8/2014 8:25:06 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:12:48 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 7:08:58 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:53:25 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:49:50 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:43:09 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:30:43 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:24:28 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:23:08 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 6:00:21 PM, carriead20 wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:17:41 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/8/2014 5:02:53 PM, carriead20 wrote:
I don't believe the Bible because of the way I grew up. I always had to rely on my own strength to get through life or death situations. Not God, not my family, not a guardian angel. Me.

Also the Bible was written by man so it's impossible for it to be the WHOLE truth. The Church knows this because they are withholding parts of the Bible so there are still followers.

Oh ok.. Do you think that maybe it was God's providence that has kept you all this time?/
You are right, the Bible was written by men but was inspired by God. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us, " All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness." See, so the writers who wrote the original text were led by the Holy Spirit and wrote not of their own wisdom. (1 Peter 1:20-21)

I don't mean to sound rude/arrogant but I've heard all of that before, there is not a chance it was any god.

Also, those churches that hold back some of the Bible will have to answer to God. It's wrong and they won't get away with it..

What you're saying is the entire higher up section of every church will have to answer to God?

I don't think I understand your last comment...

All the higher-ups in every religion hides one thing or another, in the case of christianity and catholicism its part of the bible.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually know two differnet preachers that are getting verbally attacked and slander now because of their non-willingness to hold any of the Bible back. Us at the church of Christ don't hold anything back.
If it's not in the Bible, we don't do it and if it is in the Bible and were to do it, we do it...

How are they getting such information when it is locked up with the pope?

All information that is needed is in the KJV Bible that you can purchase at a store. Jesus said, that his word will never pass away. If parts was locked up then,that would mean that his word passed for a little while, and that Jesus is a liar or was mistaken which isnt even an option...

Jesus was/is ONLY HUMAN. Human's make mistakes

I partially agree, humans make mistakes.. Jesus on the other hand, was God manifested in the human flesh and God IS perfect.

Yet if he was inside Jesus he was no longer perfect, Jesus had to learn. Jesus had the flesh of man meaning that he was vulnerable.

How is God perfect?

Why would he not be perfect in Jesus, when Jesus was perfect? Jesus was without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Remember in the fourth chapter of Matthew when He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness?? Well Jesus didn't sin in those vulnerable situations. The Bible says that Jesus had fasted for forty days and forty nights and was hungred(Really Really Hungry).
Do you remember where jesus said if you look with lust then you have committed adultery, that means that if you are tempted then you have sinned.
To bad you people are incapable of putting these verses together and coming to the logical conclusion that jesus sinned when he was tempted.

Huh??? How did Jesus sin when he was tempted??

That's all explained, please try reading with a reasonable level of comprehension.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin