Jump to topic:

Dear Creationists,

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:10:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What makes you think evolution is trying to destroy or degrade human beings when it is doing the opposite.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:27:40 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:10:39 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
What makes you think evolution is trying to destroy or degrade human beings when it is doing the opposite.

I applaud your point. The error was likely in your first four words.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:34:31 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:27:40 PM, Beastt wrote:

I applaud your point. The error was likely in your first four words.

LMAO!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:45:05 PM

Probably cause they think being called an ape is derogatory. What the creation version does is degrade other animals thus elevating humans as something special.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:47:39 PM

Huh?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:47:45 PM

My sentiments exactly. You get a gold star.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:49:20 PM

Humans destroy and degrade themselves. Evolution has nothing to do with their degradation or destruction.

Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
Stupidity is one of those inherited characteristics of humans. How has that evolved over successive generations?
Stupidity tends to reproduce stupidity after its own kind.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:52:50 PM

Ecclesiastes 3
17: I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for he has appointed a time for every matter, and for every work.
18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
20: All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:57:25 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:45:05 PM, Karmanator wrote:

Probably cause they think being called an ape is derogatory. What the creation version does is degrade other animals thus elevating humans as something special.

Thus opening the door to horrific barbarity perpetrated against the species with whom we've not yet learned to share this planet.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:58:11 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:47:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Huh?

Which word?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:59:29 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:49:20 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Humans destroy and degrade themselves. Evolution has nothing to do with their degradation or destruction.

Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
Stupidity is one of those inherited characteristics of humans. How has that evolved over successive generations?

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:59:49 PM
It's doubtful that creationists (which constitutes a group of different religions) actually believe evolution is trying to destroy or degrade human beings in any way.

The main issue lies within the fact that evolution is taught exclusively without favour towards religion--or rather the possibility of creation.

Naturally when science is portrayed with such incompatibility it will lead to dispute and contention among creationist believers.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:04:25 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:52:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3
17: I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for he has appointed a time for every matter, and for every work.
He hasn't earned the right.

18: I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts.
Beasts designed in his own image.

19: For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity.
Leaving "dominion" to mean "caretaker": perhaps a healthier outlook.

So your afterlife kills the shine in the back corners of someone's hand-polished granite counters and makes others sneeze.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:06:30 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:04:25 PM, Beastt wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

So your afterlife kills the shine in the back corners of someone's hand-polished granite counters and makes others sneeze.

The visible world we see is not our reality. It's all vanity because it's going to be destroyed soon. Then God's created invisible people will get new bodies to live in Paradise.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:06:52 PM

There is no genetic trait called stupidity.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:09:33 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:06:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

That's because stupid is as stupid does. :)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:21:57 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:06:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

The visible world we see is not our reality. It's all vanity because it's going to be destroyed soon. Then God's created invisible people will get new bodies to live in Paradise.

... or not.
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:23:27 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:57:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 11/9/2014 8:45:05 PM, Karmanator wrote:

Thus opening the door to horrific barbarity perpetrated against the species with whom we've not yet learned to share this planet.

Yup and we see what happens when some people think their own race or religion is the only one that should exist on the planet. Those types can't even share the planet with other people.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:23:47 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:47:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Huh?

What are you confused about?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:25:12 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:21:57 PM, Beastt wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

... or not.

Here's a prophesy about the future when God's created people will get new flesh in Paradise.

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
2: And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
3: And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, thou knowest."
4: Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5: Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
6: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD."
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:47:52 PM

*cough* Idiot. We can see that through your statements
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 9:52:55 PM
At 11/9/2014 8:59:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
15: They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.

Does that apply to Brad and his invisible images as much as to any other man and their delusions?
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:00:26 PM

Ecclesiastes 3

I would have to disagree. Vanity is the belief that out of every human being on the planet, God has selected me to carry his word to the people. Vanity is to look out at the massive, incomprehensible expanse of the universe, and believe it's all about one species, on one tiny planet. Vanity is to believe that understanding can be had simply by wishing reality away, and scoffing at those who study reality.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:10:23 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:25:12 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

... or not.

Here's a prophesy about the future when God's created people will get new flesh in Paradise.

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
2: And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
3: And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, thou knowest."
4: Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5: Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
6: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD."

And here is a story about the sky falling
They went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Ducky-daddles.
'Where are you going to, Hennypenny and Cocky-locky?' says Ducky-daddles.
'Oh! we're going to tell the king the sky's a-falling,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky.
'May I come with you?' said Ducky-daddles.
'Certainly,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky.
So Hennypenny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles went to tell the king the sky was a-falling.

So they went along and they went along, and they went along, till they met Goosey-poosey.
'Where are you going to, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles?' said Gooseypoosey.
'Oh! we're going to tell the king the sky's a-falling,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles.
'May I come with you?' said Goosey-poosey.
'Certainly,' said Hennypenny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey went to tell the king the sky was a-falling.

And the point here, BoG, is that your prophecy doesn't carry any more authority or any greater probability than the story of Hennpenny and the falling sky.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:16:04 PM
At 11/9/2014 10:00:26 PM, Beastt wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

I would have to disagree. Vanity is the belief that out of every human being on the planet, God has selected me to carry his word to the people. Vanity is to look out at the massive, incomprehensible expanse of the universe, and believe it's all about one species, on one tiny planet. Vanity is to believe that understanding can be had simply by wishing reality away, and scoffing at those who study reality.

LOL !!!!!!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:17:33 PM
At 11/9/2014 9:06:52 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Who said it was a genetic trait? I said it is an inherited characteristic.
It is inherited by being passed down from one generation to the next through the traditions and teachings of humans.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:24:00 PM

Ecclesiastes 3

The only reason it is not your reality Brad is because you live in fantasy land.
Everyones world is destroyed on the day they die. That day is the end of the world for them. Yet the planet keeps spinning and life goes on for the living.
Invisible people do not need bodies to live anywhere. They can live in invisible places without bodies just like all those invisible people in the invisible space in your imaginary head.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:26:09 PM
At 11/9/2014 10:10:23 PM, Beastt wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

... or not.

Ezekiel 37:

And here is a story about the sky falling
They went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Ducky-daddles.
'Where are you going to, Hennypenny and Cocky-locky?' says Ducky-daddles.
'Oh! we're going to tell the king the sky's a-falling,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky.
'May I come with you?' said Ducky-daddles.
'Certainly,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky.
So Hennypenny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles went to tell the king the sky was a-falling.

So they went along and they went along, and they went along, till they met Goosey-poosey.
'Where are you going to, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles?' said Gooseypoosey.
'Oh! we're going to tell the king the sky's a-falling,' said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles.
'May I come with you?' said Goosey-poosey.
'Certainly,' said Hennypenny, Cocky-locky, and Ducky-daddles. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey went to tell the king the sky was a-falling.

And the point here, BoG, is that your prophecy doesn't carry any more authority or any greater probability than the story of Hennpenny and the falling sky.

I prophesied the death of my body in January. When I'm killed by the authorization of a Christian group, this prophecy will be fulfilled;

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:30:16 PM
At 11/9/2014 10:24:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Ecclesiastes 3

The only reason it is not your reality Brad is because you live in fantasy land.
Everyones world is destroyed on the day they die. That day is the end of the world for them. Yet the planet keeps spinning and life goes on for the living.
Invisible people do not need bodies to live anywhere. They can live in invisible places without bodies just like all those invisible people in the invisible space in your imaginary head.

Yes, when all the flesh of God's people have died in this first age, a new Heaven and Earth will be ready for us to start experiencing.

It's obvious you don't understand any of the prophecies in the old testament.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:42:51 PM

Ecclesiastes 3

... or not.

Ezekiel 37:

*7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

*10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

It has nothing to do with anyones future in paradise.
It is a story about how a mythical prophet imagined that some god told him to raise a dead army.
It is about what was happening in a characters mind, imagination, thoughts and perception at the time.