The Narrow Gate is Free Thinking

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 12:47:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Matthew 7:13-14 (niv)
13"Enter through the narrow gate."For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."14"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

This passage has always puzzled me. It says nothing of hell and nothing of heaven. Now Jesus either meant it to be literal or he did not. He either meant what he said or didn't. The verse simply states that there is a wide gate and broad road that leads to *destruction*. However the way to *life* is a small gate and narrow road. Many will take the broad road with the rest of the crowd (following?), but only a few will find the small gate that leads to life.

I interpret this as Jesus speaking about life on Earth. Assuming he literally meant what he said, Jesus is saying that it's easy to follow the crowd through the wide gate that leads to destruction, but that it is difficult to find the small gate that leads to life. He is clearly stating that being independent of the crowd is the key to living a good life.

Now considering all Christians will go to heaven. That's a lot of people. Too many to pile through that small gate with its narrow path. So Jesus is definitely talking about the way life is lived here on Earth. Many of his followers will come to destruction because they have followed the crowd and abandoned individual thought.

Christians might all go to heaven when they die assuming they have followed the rules, but what will their lives be like on Earth by following the crowd through the wide gate rather than entering the gate made for the individual.

Jesus wanted his followers to be free thinking, individuals.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:41:34 AM
At 11/11/2014 12:47:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Matthew 7:13-14 (niv)
13"Enter through the narrow gate."For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."14"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

This passage has always puzzled me. It says nothing of hell and nothing of heaven. Now Jesus either meant it to be literal or he did not. He either meant what he said or didn't. The verse simply states that there is a wide gate and broad road that leads to *destruction*. However the way to *life* is a small gate and narrow road. Many will take the broad road with the rest of the crowd (following?), but only a few will find the small gate that leads to life.

I interpret this as Jesus speaking about life on Earth. Assuming he literally meant what he said, Jesus is saying that it's easy to follow the crowd through the wide gate that leads to destruction, but that it is difficult to find the small gate that leads to life. He is clearly stating that being independent of the crowd is the key to living a good life.

Now considering all Christians will go to heaven. That's a lot of people. Too many to pile through that small gate with its narrow path. So Jesus is definitely talking about the way life is lived here on Earth. Many of his followers will come to destruction because they have followed the crowd and abandoned individual thought.

Christians might all go to heaven when they die assuming they have followed the rules, but what will their lives be like on Earth by following the crowd through the wide gate rather than entering the gate made for the individual.

Jesus wanted his followers to be free thinking, individuals.

This passage was written by antichrists who had no idea who God was. The Vatican boys loved passages like this because it was used to control people with their laws that were contrary to the Law of God that us saints speak. If they could make their people believe that there's only one way to their Heaven, it was very easy to control them.

There's only one way to Paradise and that's after each individual body ( flesh ) dies in this world. Everyone's body will die in this age before we go on to the next age ( New Heaven and Earth ).

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Matthew 5
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Ecclesiastes 1
4: A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains for ever.

We will all get new bodies in Paradise ( New Heaven and Earth ) and never understand death. That's because we won't remember living in the first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:48:01 AM
At 11/11/2014 9:41:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:

This passage was written by antichrists who had no idea who God was. The Vatican boys loved passages like this because it was used to control people with their laws that were contrary to the Law of God that us saints speak. If they could make their people believe that there's only one way to their Heaven, it was very easy to control them.

There's only one way to Paradise and that's after each individual body ( flesh ) dies in this world. Everyone's body will die in this age before we go on to the next age ( New Heaven and Earth ).

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Matthew 5
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Ecclesiastes 1

We will all get new bodies in Paradise ( New Heaven and Earth ) and never understand death. That's because we won't remember living in the first age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

You know what they say about the antichrists... everybody's got one. Mine steals socks. One of every pair I own.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 11:25:41 AM
At 11/11/2014 9:48:01 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:41:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:

2 Peter 3

Matthew 5

Revelation 21

Zephaniah 1

Ecclesiastes 1

Isaiah 65

You know what they say about the antichrists... everybody's got one. Mine steals socks. One of every pair I own.

Mine is almost completely dead now.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:23:46 PM
Yes Christians get no free card, what applies to all others applies to Christians, we get no free pass, what we do will be judged just as any one else.
Certainly abiding in God comes the expansion of ones mind, God is the ultimate source of knowledge. So entering in through the narrow gate not only expresses the correct path to God but the correct thinking.
The funny thing is is that Theists are getting labeled with the "not thinking" card by Atheists and non believers when there are no such restrictions. Thinking only inside the materialistic box stifles any progress towards understanding deeper reality, restricting the mind to only a certain world view and eliminating any possibility of any further knowledge. My mind and thoughts only expand in God for in Him is all understanding.

But even though I understand your point the "narrow gate" refers to the specific path to God, in other words don't just blindly follow the herd, get your revelation and truth from God and Christ only, this is the way to eternal life.