Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do you want???

EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:23:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Are you actually asking me why I'm debating on a forum called Debate.org?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:32:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Preaching is not debating, ...it is pretty much the opposite of debating.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:33:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:23:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Are you actually asking me why I'm debating on a forum called Debate.org?

Yes...Hence your comment...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:36:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:32:51 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Preaching is not debating, ...it is pretty much the opposite of debating.

Preaching is part of teaching, I don't think it is deliberate but preaching is what one believes to be true. However explaining is not always preaching.
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:49:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:36:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:32:51 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Preaching is not debating, ...it is pretty much the opposite of debating.

Preaching is part of teaching, I don't think it is deliberate but preaching is what one believes to be true. However explaining is not always preaching.

If you assume you are the teacher, how can you learn? Preaching is broadcast only, which is completely different than the give and take of a true debate.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:50:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Perhaps you should do the same. You are the one who asserted that "our" (Catholics) purpose was to share what you believe. Certainly the scripture says that, but unless you're interpreting 'share' as a euphemism for torture, imprison, and murder, then 'your people' (Catholics) aren't following the scripture.

To address the question you asked in your OP, I'd prefer if religious individuals made an attempt to comprehend scientific irrefutability instead of throwing 'scripture' back in our faces.
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:52:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Grisly is a better word. :-)
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:55:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Grisly is a better word. :-)

Mmmm you got me ;)
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:02:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:50:35 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Perhaps you should do the same. You are the one who asserted that "our" (Catholics) purpose was to share what you believe. Certainly the scripture says that, but unless you're interpreting 'share' as a euphemism for torture, imprison, and murder, then 'your people' (Catholics) aren't following the scripture.

I'm not a catholic.

To address the question you asked in your OP, I'd prefer if religious individuals made an attempt to comprehend scientific irrefutability instead of throwing 'scripture' back in our faces.
What makes you think Theists don't understand science, what is 'irrefutabilty"?
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:03:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

Why would you think that I don't??
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:06:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:03:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

Why would you think that I don't??

I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt- explain yourself...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:07:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:06:27 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:03:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

Why would you think that I don't??

I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt- explain yourself...

What have I not paid attention to "what real people say"??
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:11:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:36:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Preaching is part of teaching, I don't think it is deliberate but preaching is what one believes to be true. However explaining is not always preaching.

What makes you think you're qualified to teach? What are you credentials?

What exactly are you teaching?

Where do you get the notion any of us need you to teach us?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Praesentya
Posts: 195
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:14:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:02:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
What makes you think Theists don't understand science, what is 'irrefutabilty"?

Theists didn't believe the the earth was round, they didn't believe the earth revolved around the sun, they didn't believe other planets existed, they believe homosexuality is a choice, they believe in creationism, they don't believe in global warming; need I continue?

Why don't you look up the words I use if you don't know what they mean? I'll help you out this time.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:15:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:07:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:06:27 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:03:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

Why would you think that I don't??

I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt- explain yourself...

What have I not paid attention to "what real people say"??

Umm, you are prefacing your "debate" by sourcing the Bible- please read all the other people who know what is meant by written, as they know what the original black men meant...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:15:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:11:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:36:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Preaching is part of teaching, I don't think it is deliberate but preaching is what one believes to be true. However explaining is not always preaching.

What makes you think you're qualified to teach? What are you credentials?

My "credentials" are my experience, if I wasn't a Christian I wouldn't explain my beliefs.
What exactly are you teaching?
The Gospel.

Where do you get the notion any of us need you to teach us?

I don't, I assume as unbelievers you want to know about Christianity when you ask questions.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:18:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:23:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Are you actually asking me why I'm debating on a forum called Debate.org?

Rather the question is that if you disagree with religious belief so heavily and "want it to stop"--why trouble yourself with preoccupying with the topic? Particularly if the motive is not to learn or actually listen to given examples.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:23:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

What you're implying here is that "scripture" is a moron--which suggests that you're not exactly equipped to discuss the subject.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:26:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:15:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:11:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:36:52 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Preaching is part of teaching, I don't think it is deliberate but preaching is what one believes to be true. However explaining is not always preaching.

What makes you think you're qualified to teach? What are you credentials?

My "credentials" are my experience,

In other words, no credentials whatsoever.

What exactly are you teaching?
The Gospel.

We have all read the Gospel, there is nothing for you to teach.

Where do you get the notion any of us need you to teach us?

I don't, I assume as unbelievers you want to know about Christianity when you ask questions.

Non-believers usually know more about Christianity and other religions than the followers themselves.

The questions I've seen posed here are often ones that are contradictions and hypocrisies of Christianity. You have actually answered such questions?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:27:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:23:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

What you're implying here is that "scripture" is a moron--which suggests that you're not exactly equipped to discuss the subject.

I'm actually saying people are morons- I'm not implying anything. If you accept that "scripture" is really fact, you are a moron. Do you comprehend now, moron?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:18:30 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:23:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Are you actually asking me why I'm debating on a forum called Debate.org?

Rather the question is that if you disagree with religious belief so heavily and "want it to stop"--why trouble yourself with preoccupying with the topic? Particularly if the motive is not to learn or actually listen to given examples.

Because, we would like it to stop, it causes so much conflict and grief in the world.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:28:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:14:10 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:02:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
What makes you think Theists don't understand science, what is 'irrefutabilty"?

Theists didn't believe the the earth was round, they didn't believe the earth revolved around the sun, they didn't believe other planets existed, they believe homosexuality is a choice, they believe in creationism, they don't believe in global warming; need I continue?

Why don't you look up the words I use if you don't know what they mean? I'll help you out this time.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

I know exactly what it means I don't need your help. The Bible does believe the earth is round..... who said they didn't believe other planets existed lol? What is your proof of global warming?? and who said they didn't believe in it? Where does it say anything about orbiting around the sun?
Homosexuality is a spiritual condition, you can make it as natural to your beliefs as you want..
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:33:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:28:02 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:18:30 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:23:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:18:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:12:34 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Non believers.... what do you want from Theists...?
Okay lets examine a few things here...

Atheists and non believers want answers from Christianity and why any of this matters, except.....

When we explain things from scripture we are labeled "apologists".

When we attempt to use scripture to back up our beliefs we are labeled "sheep" or having "circular argument".

When we attempt to explain we don't live by science but by the spirit we are labeled "indoctrinated".

When we attempt to explain things that aren't natural we are labeled "crazy".

When we explain the fruit of the spirit and the evidence in our lives that God is real it is labeled "confirmation bias".

When we attempt to explain "faith" we are "blindly following".

When we attempt to explain our personal experiences we are labeled with a "mental illness".

Can't you see, we can't win no matter what we do, what is it you want from us???


What we want is this to stop:

Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

Why do we want you to stop? You say it with your own words, it's all about what you want for us and not what we want for ourselves.

So, please stop telling us what you want for us. Thanks.

Certainly, but what are you doing here, that is, debating with religious folk?

Are you actually asking me why I'm debating on a forum called Debate.org?

Rather the question is that if you disagree with religious belief so heavily and "want it to stop"--why trouble yourself with preoccupying with the topic? Particularly if the motive is not to learn or actually listen to given examples.

Because, we would like it to stop, it causes so much conflict and grief in the world.

Conflict and grief is attributed to a number of things. In fact, people are the main cause of it--not the inanimate object that is religion.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 7:36:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 7:27:35 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 7:23:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:59:20 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:42:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/11/2014 6:40:28 PM, Praesentya wrote:
At 11/11/2014 5:11:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Our only purpose is to share with others what we believe because we care about the next individual, we love the non believer and want the best for them, that's what Christianity is about but you leave us no room to give and explain but this is our greatest desire, it's you, I think about you all, all the time and want nothing but the best for you.

While you may care about the atheist, that certainly isn't a generalization applicable to the Church. The Catholic Church in particular has a grizzly proclivity to torture and kill those who refute it's claims - Copernicus, Galileo, Giordani Bruno, etc.

Pay attention to what scripture says, not catholics.

Pay attention to what real people say- not what uneducated religious morons say...

What you're implying here is that "scripture" is a moron--which suggests that you're not exactly equipped to discuss the subject.

I'm actually saying people are morons- I'm not implying anything. If you accept that "scripture" is really fact, you are a moron. Do you comprehend now, moron?

Actually you're doing nothing except displaying your lack of knowledge on the topic and using insulting words.

So basically; you've presented no argument whatsoever.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'