Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

The Masochistic Sinner

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:43:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

We were all created in the invisible Heaven. It's the Earth existence that has confused God's people from knowing who they are in Heaven.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:45:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

Anyway you slice it, heaven would be punishment.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 9:59:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:45:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

Anyway you slice it, heaven would be punishment.

You're already in it and you've been cursed by the visible world you believe in.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 12:40:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:59:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:45:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

Anyway you slice it, heaven would be punishment.

You're already in it and you've been cursed by the visible world you believe in.

Or rather the visible world we observe. The visible and tangible world we can construct models that provide utility and practicality. We can formulate scientific predictions with observations and methodologies with the visible and tangible world, not with what we supposedly believe. Now I will concede that it was a dubious understanding of our environment and philosophical related matter that may have influenced scientific endeavors.

The reason I state this is because you constantly state that we are mere figures amongst an invisible word of god, which I have no reason to conclude such a statement to be valid, yet the above mentioned regarding what we can discover is far more practical than speculating whether this world is the invisible word of god.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:19:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 12:40:49 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:59:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:45:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

Anyway you slice it, heaven would be punishment.

You're already in it and you've been cursed by the visible world you believe in.

Or rather the visible world we observe. The visible and tangible world we can construct models that provide utility and practicality. We can formulate scientific predictions with observations and methodologies with the visible and tangible world, not with what we supposedly believe. Now I will concede that it was a dubious understanding of our environment and philosophical related matter that may have influenced scientific endeavors.

The reason I state this is because you constantly state that we are mere figures amongst an invisible word of god, which I have no reason to conclude such a statement to be valid, yet the above mentioned regarding what we can discover is far more practical than speculating whether this world is the invisible word of god.

The visible world is much more exciting to God's people than the Truth, which appears boring to most of them.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 5:16:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

To be honest heaven sounds miserable as hell.

What you're talking about... Season 1, episode 28 of the original Twilight Zone series.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 5:56:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 9:43:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

We were all created in the invisible Heaven. It's the Earth existence that has confused God's people from knowing who they are in Heaven.

So you're saying that there is no way to punish the masochist since he is already in heaven while here on earth?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:10:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 5:56:31 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:43:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

We were all created in the invisible Heaven. It's the Earth existence that has confused God's people from knowing who they are in Heaven.

So you're saying that there is no way to punish the masochist since he is already in heaven while here on earth?

Our earthly existence is nothing but a dream within the mind ( Heaven ) of our invisible Creator. It won't matter if he gets punished by men during this dream or not. He will die just like all the rest of God's people to end this dream.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:38:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 8:10:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/12/2014 5:56:31 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:43:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

We were all created in the invisible Heaven. It's the Earth existence that has confused God's people from knowing who they are in Heaven.

So you're saying that there is no way to punish the masochist since he is already in heaven while here on earth?

Our earthly existence is nothing but a dream within the mind ( Heaven ) of our invisible Creator. It won't matter if he gets punished by men during this dream or not. He will die just like all the rest of God's people to end this dream.

So you honestly believe that our entire reality is nothing more than the dream being had by a creator God?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 10:09:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 9:38:30 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/12/2014 8:10:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/12/2014 5:56:31 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:43:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/11/2014 9:28:02 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Would Hell truly be a punishment for the pure masochist?

I'd think a more appropriate punishment would be Heaven.

We were all created in the invisible Heaven. It's the Earth existence that has confused God's people from knowing who they are in Heaven.

So you're saying that there is no way to punish the masochist since he is already in heaven while here on earth?

Our earthly existence is nothing but a dream within the mind ( Heaven ) of our invisible Creator. It won't matter if he gets punished by men during this dream or not. He will die just like all the rest of God's people to end this dream.

So you honestly believe that our entire reality is nothing more than the dream being had by a creator God?

I know for a fact that it is. There's no such thing as a real universe, earth, sun, moon, etc. Each object we see is an illusion but God made them so perfectly that we thought they were real, including our own bodies.

The objects we observe come from invisible waves. Light is also invisible waves but when processed, we can see it. Without the visible light, we wouldn't see anything but everything else would could be sensed. Think about a blind person who doesn't get to observe light. He can get around in this world with his other senses.

Time is an illusion, too. Physicists are really stuck with time because they don't have very good analogies to explain how it works. An easy explanation of time is by taking a two hour movie of a picture on a wall without the camera in motion. Whoever observes this movie wouldn't be able to tell if he's looking at a photo or a cinema movie. The only way we can sense time is if we see motion, which is only an illusion.

Matter, mass or space don't exist, either. This is easy to explain by the way a CAD program works in a computer. If we had computers that could show things smaller than the smallest particles known to man, we could zoom a drawing of a building so far out that we couldn't see it. By zooming this plan in, we would eventually see huge spaces between the particles until we couldn't see any particles. Since particles are only illusions, it's impossible to contain one. Scientists could spend the next 1,000 years trying to figure out what these particles are all about unless they are taught that everything we observe are only illusions in God's dream that we're in.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 12:14:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 10:09:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/12/2014 9:38:30 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
So you honestly believe that our entire reality is nothing more than the dream being had by a creator God?

I know for a fact that it is. There's no such thing as a real universe, earth, sun, moon, etc. Each object we see is an illusion but God made them so perfectly that we thought they were real, including our own bodies.

Is there any literature where you base these views or is this something you've come to "know for a fact" through your own methods of observation?

The objects we observe come from invisible waves. Light is also invisible waves but when processed, we can see it. Without the visible light, we wouldn't see anything but everything else would could be sensed. Think about a blind person who doesn't get to observe light. He can get around in this world with his other senses.

Well sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is an illusion. Even if it was all an illusion, what makes you so sure the source of this illusion is a creator gods imagination instead of an advanced species simply carrying out a computer simulation with self-aware characters?

Time is an illusion, too. Physicists are really stuck with time because they don't have very good analogies to explain how it works. An easy explanation of time is by taking a two hour movie of a picture on a wall without the camera in motion. Whoever observes this movie wouldn't be able to tell if he's looking at a photo or a cinema movie. The only way we can sense time is if we see motion, which is only an illusion.

That's just basing time as dependent on motion. Time can also be seen in change. Change and motion are not dependent on one another, they are independent phenomena, so it's not just motion that can show the dimension of time. I do suppose, however, that change would be dependent on objects that can be observed - just as motion is - so ultimately it'd still be subject to being part of this illusion you speak of.

It still falls on you to show how the source of this illusion is a creator god though.

Matter, mass or space don't exist, either. This is easy to explain by the way a CAD program works in a computer. If we had computers that could show things smaller than the smallest particles known to man, we could zoom a drawing of a building so far out that we couldn't see it. By zooming this plan in, we would eventually see huge spaces between the particles until we couldn't see any particles. Since particles are only illusions, it's impossible to contain one. Scientists could spend the next 1,000 years trying to figure out what these particles are all about unless they are taught that everything we observe are only illusions in God's dream that we're in.

This is dependent on the capabilities of such computers. We have to keep in mind that computers are only as capable as we can conceive or create them to be. The limitations of computers is both reflective and caused by our own limitations as man. With that said, I believe that the very fact that there are empty spaces in space are what cause us to continue progressing forward. I think eventually, if we stay on the same course as we are on now, that empty space will be shown to contain something.

I understand your point though on particles being illusions due to their dependence on light waves which are visible. If anything, I'm most interested in how you came to believe that the source of this illusion is a creator god instead of something else.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 7:41:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2014 12:14:46 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/12/2014 10:09:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 11/12/2014 9:38:30 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
So you honestly believe that our entire reality is nothing more than the dream being had by a creator God?

I know for a fact that it is. There's no such thing as a real universe, earth, sun, moon, etc. Each object we see is an illusion but God made them so perfectly that we thought they were real, including our own bodies.

Is there any literature where you base these views or is this something you've come to "know for a fact" through your own methods of observation?

The objects we observe come from invisible waves. Light is also invisible waves but when processed, we can see it. Without the visible light, we wouldn't see anything but everything else would could be sensed. Think about a blind person who doesn't get to observe light. He can get around in this world with his other senses.

Well sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is an illusion. Even if it was all an illusion, what makes you so sure the source of this illusion is a creator gods imagination instead of an advanced species simply carrying out a computer simulation with self-aware characters?

Time is an illusion, too. Physicists are really stuck with time because they don't have very good analogies to explain how it works. An easy explanation of time is by taking a two hour movie of a picture on a wall without the camera in motion. Whoever observes this movie wouldn't be able to tell if he's looking at a photo or a cinema movie. The only way we can sense time is if we see motion, which is only an illusion.

That's just basing time as dependent on motion. Time can also be seen in change. Change and motion are not dependent on one another, they are independent phenomena, so it's not just motion that can show the dimension of time. I do suppose, however, that change would be dependent on objects that can be observed - just as motion is - so ultimately it'd still be subject to being part of this illusion you speak of.

It still falls on you to show how the source of this illusion is a creator god though.

Matter, mass or space don't exist, either. This is easy to explain by the way a CAD program works in a computer. If we had computers that could show things smaller than the smallest particles known to man, we could zoom a drawing of a building so far out that we couldn't see it. By zooming this plan in, we would eventually see huge spaces between the particles until we couldn't see any particles. Since particles are only illusions, it's impossible to contain one. Scientists could spend the next 1,000 years trying to figure out what these particles are all about unless they are taught that everything we observe are only illusions in God's dream that we're in.

This is dependent on the capabilities of such computers. We have to keep in mind that computers are only as capable as we can conceive or create them to be. The limitations of computers is both reflective and caused by our own limitations as man. With that said, I believe that the very fact that there are empty spaces in space are what cause us to continue progressing forward. I think eventually, if we stay on the same course as we are on now, that empty space will be shown to contain something.

I understand your point though on particles being illusions due to their dependence on light waves which are visible. If anything, I'm most interested in how you came to believe that the source of this illusion is a creator god instead of something else.

I don't have to believe in a creator god. I've known Him since December 7th, 1979 and now I am speaking and writing for Him directly from His mind, which is our created existence.

There is no proof that our invisible Creator exists but on the other hand, there is no proof that we exist, either, except by observing illusions. Unless someone can contain a particle to prove that matter exists, we have to live in a world that can't be proven to be real.

Our Creator taught me who we are by having me testify to His knowledge in writing and speaking for Him. From these testimonies, I have learned what happened in the past, the present delusion we're in and how we'll be living in the future age after this world has ended.