Jump to topic:

Billy Graham

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 7:40:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have recently became an evangelical in the sense that I avoid politics and talk to people about Jesus in a very radical way that says simple salvation instead of the hellfire and brimstone compared to most these days like Ravi Zacharias and everything else in the mix.

The reason I have gone to this was because of this name I always hear that is famous. Billy Graham! Billy Graham! So I went to check him out and found he actually says some things I agreed with. As usual, he disagress with me on homosexuality, but he challenged segregation back then by saying we are equal, he said Christ's redemption was all it took for heaven, and he believed all denominations need to just be one church and not be divided by Catholicism and protestants. He was also considered a heretic for words that linked him to being labeled as a universalist since he believed that even if somebody wasn't in the Christian religion, they are members of the body of Christ and would go to heaven because they could be lead to God. I also like how he is a famous evangelical who registered with the democratic party and believed God should be out of politics, but he still believed America should still receive the holy spirit.

Does anybody like or dislike Graham? Any other points you'd like to make regarding this topic?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 7:47:19 PM
At 11/12/2014 7:40:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I have recently became an evangelical in the sense that I avoid politics and talk to people about Jesus in a very radical way that says simple salvation instead of the hellfire and brimstone compared to most these days like Ravi Zacharias and everything else in the mix.

The reason I have gone to this was because of this name I always hear that is famous. Billy Graham! Billy Graham! So I went to check him out and found he actually says some things I agreed with. As usual, he disagress with me on homosexuality, but he challenged segregation back then by saying we are equal, he said Christ's redemption was all it took for heaven, and he believed all denominations need to just be one church and not be divided by Catholicism and protestants. He was also considered a heretic for words that linked him to being labeled as a universalist since he believed that even if somebody wasn't in the Christian religion, they are members of the body of Christ and would go to heaven because they could be lead to God. I also like how he is a famous evangelical who registered with the democratic party and believed God should be out of politics, but he still believed America should still receive the holy spirit.

Does anybody like or dislike Graham? Any other points you'd like to make regarding this topic?

Billy Graham = nice guy

However he was quite well paid for that ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 7:50:11 PM

Billy graham is a headstrong man and very spiritual, but I don't see eye to eye with him on some things.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:37:56 PM
At 11/12/2014 8:22:53 PM, mortsdor wrote:
This guy doesn't like him, and has some stuff to say:

http://askanatheist.tv...

I agree on some points, but he should understand Billy is an old guy who doesn't use words rationally at times. When he says atheists in the movement are aggressive, he means they are way more critical of religion compared to the past. Face it, if Dawkins, Hitchens or Harris were alive in the other times where religion dominated, they would be killed. Right now, we are evolving as a society and the old people are still used to their old ways. So of course it is going to seem aggressive. It's called culture shock.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:38:53 PM
At 11/12/2014 7:47:19 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Billy Graham = nice guy

However he was quite well paid for that ;)

Correct, but at least he's more honest compared to some people who don't deserve that money. David Barton and Pat Robertson to name a few.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:45:02 PM

Since he's still living after 60 years of preaching his false gospel to all who listened to him, I know for a fact he isn't a chosen saint of the Lord's. He should have been killed like all us saints and most of God's prophets do for testifying to the Word of God.

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Revelation 11
1: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
2: but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

Revelation 20
4: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Why do you think Billy Graham is still alive after 70 years of preaching his false gospel to all who listened to him?

We saints only get 42 months ( 1260 days ) to preach the true gospel before we're killed by antichrists who reject the Christ ( knowledge of God ).
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:07:52 AM

If you watch some of the old B&W stuff of hid earlier years preaching, you can see how effective he was for the Lord"s cause to bring the Gospel to the public. The man was quite passionate and in love with the Lord Jesus Christ and brought that reality to those who wanted the same.

As far as money, there were many who copied his format to get gain and proved themselves to be as such, but Mr. Graham was never even accused of such let alone found to be abusing that which he was entrusted with.

If you buy a coke to satisfy your own pleasures for a moment, you don"t begrudge the greedy corporation"s profits and what they might spend it on. But if someone is successful in bringing the Gospel to the forefront of a nation that is completely functional and dependant on money to do anything. The same non believer that bought the coke accesses the preacher of profiting.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:15:51 AM

Billy Graham had to compromise God's Word so that he would be liked by all.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 10:21:15 AM

Billy Graham is a charlatan, an hypocrite, a liar, and a profiteering televangelist that has no place telling anyone what they "should" do or believe. He is about the religious cash flow, and nothing else. He's right there with:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

And all the rest of the televangelists that are willing to take advantage of belief and faith for the sake of their own profit and comfort.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 7:15:26 PM
At 11/13/2014 10:15:51 AM, Obed wrote:

Any evidence for this?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 7:52:06 PM

Some like the man and some do not. Some believe he is a man of God and others believe he is a false teacher. He is no different to any other evangelist. All evangelists have followers and also have those who condemn them. It makes no difference what they teach or preach.

People will simply believe whatever sounds good to them and whatever tickles their fancy.
It really makes no difference who you are or what you do in life, the fact is that there will always be people who oppose you and some who will agree with you. That's life.
Opposites will always exist. That includes opposite opinions and beliefs.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 8:39:45 PM
At 11/13/2014 7:52:06 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Some like the man and some do not. Some believe he is a man of God and others believe he is a false teacher. He is no different to any other evangelist. All evangelists have followers and also have those who condemn them. It makes no difference what they teach or preach.

People will simply believe whatever sounds good to them and whatever tickles their fancy.
It really makes no difference who you are or what you do in life, the fact is that there will always be people who oppose you and some who will agree with you. That's life.
Opposites will always exist. That includes opposite opinions and beliefs.

After God kills you in this age, you will never have anyone oppose you again. Only stupid people were made to reject the voice of the Lord and disobey His commandments. This is what keeps you cursed with this world that you believe is real.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 9:11:05 PM
At 11/13/2014 10:21:15 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Billy Graham is a charlatan, an hypocrite, a liar, and a profiteering televangelist that has no place telling anyone what they "should" do or believe. He is about the religious cash flow, and nothing else. He's right there with:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

And all the rest of the televangelists that are willing to take advantage of belief and faith for the sake of their own profit and comfort.

The difference that I find is that at least he admits religion shouldn't mingle into politics. He is also a Democratic Party member, compared to most republicans.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 9:27:33 PM
At 11/13/2014 9:11:05 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

The difference that I find is that at least he admits religion shouldn't mingle into politics. He is also a Democratic Party member, compared to most republicans.

I went to one of His shows here in San Jose, CA about 15 years ago. He gets many people to walk up front with his charismatic voice to accept his false deity ( imaginary god ) and then takes their money and runs to the next city to make another fortune. None of us saints preach the true gospel to God's believers and run away to the next city. We stay in the same area until the antichrists ( from the Beast ) have us put to death for our testimony of the Word of God;

Psalm 116

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Why do you think Billy Graham is still alive with a pile of money he lured from all those innocent sheep who believed his lies?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 9:59:32 PM
At 11/13/2014 9:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

I went to one of His shows here in San Jose, CA about 15 years ago. He gets many people to walk up front with his charismatic voice to accept his false deity ( imaginary god ) and then takes their money and runs to the next city to make another fortune. None of us saints preach the true gospel to God's believers and run away to the next city. We stay in the same area until the antichrists ( from the Beast ) have us put to death for our testimony of the Word of God;

Psalm 116

Revelation 6

Why do you think Billy Graham is still alive with a pile of money he lured from all those innocent sheep who believed his lies?

I agree! People who pretend to be something they aren't for money, recognition or importance are only fooling themselves.

I watched one of your videos. I think it shows who you really are and people here need to see it. You are a very talented musician.
Brad's Guitar Medley: http://youtu.be...
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:47:50 AM
At 11/13/2014 9:59:32 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

Psalm 116

Revelation 6

I agree! People who pretend to be something they aren't for money, recognition or importance are only fooling themselves.

I watched one of your videos. I think it shows who you really are and people here need to see it. You are a very talented musician.

Oh, we've seen him. Btw, God took his guitar away. But then He had a change of heart and gave it back. God also castrated him. I don't think God has reversed that one.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 1:27:06 AM
At 11/13/2014 7:15:26 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Any evidence for this?

Did you make it up what you said about him?

We are in the body of Christ by going through Jesus.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 2:30:58 AM
At 11/14/2014 1:27:06 AM, Obed wrote:
At 11/13/2014 7:15:26 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Any evidence for this?

Did you make it up what you said about him?

We are in the body of Christ by going through Jesus.

You might find that people understood you better if you didn't just regurgitate the things you've been told. Put them in your own words. What does that mean? It sounds like you're claiming to be a maggot.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:58:45 AM

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

It's Billy Graham. While he may pay lip service to these ideas, he's still a graduate of Bob Jones "University." He is an evangelical Baptist. No televangelist is worthy of trust, that I have ever known. He got busted with the hookers he condemns; TWICE. With evangelicals, it's ALWAYS about money...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:40:02 AM
At 11/14/2014 5:58:45 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

It's Billy Graham. While he may pay lip service to these ideas, he's still a graduate of Bob Jones "University." He is an evangelical Baptist. No televangelist is worthy of trust, that I have ever known. He got busted with the hookers he condemns; TWICE. With evangelicals, it's ALWAYS about money...

Nobody is perfect. The past is the past.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:46:15 AM
At 11/14/2014 7:40:02 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

It's funny that Graham never used those words in the condemnation of those he chose to vilify from his televangelist pulpit...
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:04:55 AM
At 11/14/2014 7:46:15 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

It's funny that Graham never used those words in the condemnation of those he chose to vilify from his televangelist pulpit...

http://youtu.be...

He may have been hell preaching back in his old crusades, but he started focusing on the true and main message people forget. Salvation, love and forgiveness. Graham was somebody Fred Phelps helped out and liked, but later said Billy Graham was going to hell because he thought everybody had a chance for heaven. Graham has also been very careful at times about his words, though sometimes he hasn't. But he tries and that's what matters. We also can't blame him that he's an old man living in a modern age that obviously gave him culture shock. And he's one of the few evangelicals that believes in evolution.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 9:01:46 AM

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

Psalm 116

Revelation 6

Thanks for your comment. I made that video for my oldest son because it's his guitar. I went to see him and his family this summer for two weeks. We had a great time together. It was fun getting to know my two oldest granddaughters who are 9 and 10 now.

You're actually the first person in this forum that has tried to get to know me outside my present state of being God's servant. I had some great experiences in my life that I only share with my closest friends who are interested in my past. Otherwise, I spend most of my time listening to my friends complaining about their lives and helping them understand who we are in God.

Since you're getting to know me as a friend, can you share some stories about yourself. I know you told me that you didn't have grandchildren yet but let me know more about you. I truly am interested in my friends who I spend lots of time with here in Campbell. I spend a lot of time online with my Spanish wife, also. She graduated from the University of Architecture in Barcelona as an interior architect and worked in Holland for several years before quitting to raise her daughters. She's been busy making soap this past year. She's quite talented, also.

Send me a private message if you don't want anyone else to hear about your past. Some of these people in here love to use old information against others so I can understand if you don't want to share stories in the open forums. I don't care if people do this to me because they use lies anyway to try discourage me. It's normal for hateful people to try put others down because of their jealousy, which is the lack of knowledge that causes fear.

You will notice that I never put anyone down for what they don't understand. I do call them liars, fools or stupid people if they attack me with their lies but I always back it up with prophecies that call them stupid foolish people, also. This is done to show them that I clearly understand the prophecies and that God calls them stupid and foolish for not listening to His voice or obeying His commandments. When they judge me or lie about who I am, they are disobeying God's commandments so I remind them of that fact.

Have a great day my friend. Maybe you will let me know your first name, too. I like to remember my friend's names because it's always a good feeling when your name is spoken. We're all a little bit selfish in this world but that will change in Paradise.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 9:30:45 AM
At 11/14/2014 8:04:55 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

He may have been hell preaching back in his old crusades, but he started focusing on the true and main message people forget. Salvation, love and forgiveness. Graham was somebody Fred Phelps helped out and liked, but later said Billy Graham was going to hell because he thought everybody had a chance for heaven. Graham has also been very careful at times about his words, though sometimes he hasn't. But he tries and that's what matters. We also can't blame him that he's an old man living in a modern age that obviously gave him culture shock. And he's one of the few evangelicals that believes in evolution.

While being condemned by Phelps is certainly an indication of a decent human being, that does nothing to exonerate Graham of the condemnations he's made. Given the fact that this hypocritical blob of trailer trash is in his nineties, doesn't it strike you as convenient that he would start to preach "forgiveness" and "salvation" as he nears his end? He knows his days are numbered, and as he nears his inevitable demise, which seems more likely to you:

1) That he's had a change of heart and has decided that all the people that he condemned in the past are suddenly "forgiven" and "saved," or

2) He realizes that he's been worse throughout his own life than any of the people he once condemned, and he's hoping to be "forgiven his trespasses," as he did NOT forgive others...?

It sounds all fluffy and pretty -- all rainbows and sunshine -- but the reality is that he's every bit the disgusting little toad that Jerry Falwell was, prior to his long overdue demise. I don't buy a single word of Graham's rhetoric, and (I believe) neither should any thinking individual. Your life alone is affected by your decision of the person to whom you listen. Graham has always been a fraud, and there is no reason to believe he is anything different, today. It nice to be able to say, "It's in the past." It's another thing, entirely, to do so on blind faith, just because of some words. This charlatan made tens of millions off of devoted followers. You keep talking about the "message." Has Graham adhered to the "message," and shucked off his millions, speaking and proselytizing solely and exclusively for the good of others? Of course, his millions are something he claims are a "blessing" from the biblical deity, right? No, my friend, Graham is not a decent human. He never has been. He never will be.
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:02:32 AM
At 11/14/2014 9:30:45 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/14/2014 8:04:55 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

While being condemned by Phelps is certainly an indication of a decent human being, that does nothing to exonerate Graham of the condemnations he's made. Given the fact that this hypocritical blob of trailer trash is in his nineties, doesn't it strike you as convenient that he would start to preach "forgiveness" and "salvation" as he nears his end? He knows his days are numbered, and as he nears his inevitable demise, which seems more likely to you:

1) That he's had a change of heart and has decided that all the people that he condemned in the past are suddenly "forgiven" and "saved," or

2) He realizes that he's been worse throughout his own life than any of the people he once condemned, and he's hoping to be "forgiven his trespasses," as he did NOT forgive others...?

It sounds all fluffy and pretty -- all rainbows and sunshine -- but the reality is that he's every bit the disgusting little toad that Jerry Falwell was, prior to his long overdue demise. I don't buy a single word of Graham's rhetoric, and (I believe) neither should any thinking individual. Your life alone is affected by your decision of the person to whom you listen. Graham has always been a fraud, and there is no reason to believe he is anything different, today. It nice to be able to say, "It's in the past." It's another thing, entirely, to do so on blind faith, just because of some words. This charlatan made tens of millions off of devoted followers. You keep talking about the "message." Has Graham adhered to the "message," and shucked off his millions, speaking and proselytizing solely and exclusively for the good of others? Of course, his millions are something he claims are a "blessing" from the biblical deity, right? No, my friend, Graham is not a decent human. He never has been. He never will be.

Guess your like me from my past. Unable to look past the crap others have done without considering the likely possibilities of empathy. I used to buy into the condemnation act back then, the hellfire, the phobia of gays and the desire to kill blacks and Muslims. If I still stuck to my philosophy I would've been a tv preacher. I would've made my living. I don't care if people make money off of it. I used to think if people made millions off of music, then they were corporate puppets who let their brains get raped and offer their own spouse into the slavery world of the paparazzi. But now, I believe if an artist actually works hard and makes it about the message and not the money, then I find that to be different. Joseph Prince, the famous evangelical from Singapore was asked about his pay check cuz they thought the same as you. At first, it was almost likely, but he revealed at some point in the 2010s that he decided to refuse the church payroll he was on due to his book sales. And this dude owns a mega church. To refuse that pay says something.

Here's how I view it. If you care about your message more than the money your being offered, then take it if you aren't going to say "your salvation only comes when you pay the church." I refuse to tithe because I find it unnecessary. Salvation comes by grace and that's all I need to focus on. If you don't believe people can change, then obviously, me changing from the kid who sang all the black people are gonna die in my classrooms, to the guy who now gets pissed when gays and blacks are persecuted is an unlikely story.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 11:22:25 AM
At 11/14/2014 10:02:32 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Guess your like me from my past. Unable to look past the crap others have done without considering the likely possibilities of empathy. I used to buy into the condemnation act back then, the hellfire, the phobia of gays and the desire to kill blacks and Muslims.

It's not that I'm unable to see past anything. It's the fact that what you put forth about Graham doesn't fit, and Graham has never been trustworthy. This includes his recent life, as well. I've never had the desire to "kill blacks," never had a "phobia against gays," or the desire to kill muslims. I leave that kind of zealotry to the religious.

If I still stuck to my philosophy I would've been a tv preacher. I would've made my living. I don't care if people make money off of it. I used to think if people made millions off of music, then they were corporate puppets who let their brains get raped and offer their own spouse into the slavery world of the paparazzi.

What you used to be is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

But now, I believe if an artist actually works hard and makes it about the message and not the money, then I find that to be different. Joseph Prince, the famous evangelical from Singapore was asked about his pay check cuz they thought the same as you.

It's not the fact that they're wealthy. It's the fact that they made their wealth from condemning others. That's about all Graham's good for... The treachery they used to acquire their money speaks worlds about their real morality -- not the one that permits fraud, but the one that actually causes chegs.

At first, it was almost likely, but he revealed at some point in the 2010s that he decided to refuse the church payroll he was on due to his book sales. And this dude owns a mega church. To refuse that pay says something.

Not really. It says only that his book was bring him in some SERIOUS cash...

Here's how I view it. If you care about your message more than the money your being offered, then take it if you aren't going to say "your salvation only comes when you pay the church." I refuse to tithe because I find it unnecessary. Salvation comes by grace and that's all I need to focus on. If you don't believe people can change, then obviously, me changing from the kid who sang all the black people are gonna die in my classrooms, to the guy who now gets pissed when gays and blacks are persecuted is an unlikely story.

Change is not necessary unlikely. It is, however, not in the nature of any televangelist I've ever know.
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 11:36:43 AM
At 11/14/2014 9:01:46 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

Psalm 116

Revelation 6

Thanks for your comment. I made that video for my oldest son because it's his guitar. I went to see him and his family this summer for two weeks. We had a great time together. It was fun getting to know my two oldest granddaughters who are 9 and 10 now.

You're actually the first person in this forum that has tried to get to know me outside my present state of being God's servant. I had some great experiences in my life that I only share with my closest friends who are interested in my past. Otherwise, I spend most of my time listening to my friends complaining about their lives and helping them understand who we are in God.

Since you're getting to know me as a friend, can you share some stories about yourself. I know you told me that you didn't have grandchildren yet but let me know more about you. I truly am interested in my friends who I spend lots of time with here in Campbell. I spend a lot of time online with my Spanish wife, also. She graduated from the University of Architecture in Barcelona as an interior architect and worked in Holland for several years before quitting to raise her daughters. She's been busy making soap this past year. She's quite talented, also.

Send me a private message if you don't want anyone else to hear about your past. Some of these people in here love to use old information against others so I can understand if you don't want to share stories in the open forums. I don't care if people do this to me because they use lies anyway to try discourage me. It's normal for hateful people to try put others down because of their jealousy, which is the lack of knowledge that causes fear.

You will notice that I never put anyone down for what they don't understand. I do call them liars, fools or stupid people if they attack me with their lies but I always back it up with prophecies that call them stupid foolish people, also. This is done to show them that I clearly understand the prophecies and that God calls them stupid and foolish for not listening to His voice or obeying His commandments. When they judge me or lie about who I am, they are disobeying God's commandments so I remind them of that fact.

Have a great day my friend. Maybe you will let me know your first name, too. I like to remember my friend's names because it's always a good feeling when your name is spoken. We're all a little bit selfish in this world but that will change in Paradise.

I'm not worried about the people here. My fist name is Jody. My heritage is American Indian and German. For 15 years I worked in eCommerce as an ANSIx12 EDI Programmer and Unix Administrator until 6 years ago when I made a choice to stay home with my youngest child. I am an artist. I paint mostly things from nature. Not landscapes, I prefer insects and animals. I sculpt as well. I love animals because they are sentient beings. I love people and I strive to understand everyone and everything. Every night without fail if cloud coverage permits, I go outside and admire the stars and remember how tenuous our world is. I believe we make our god's and we suffer as a result. And that is basically all there is to me unless you want an autobiography and I'm afraid it would a tedious read.

Do your children live near you in Campbell?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:24:57 PM
At 11/14/2014 11:36:43 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/14/2014 9:01:46 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Robert Tilton
Peter Poppoff
Joyce Myers
Oral Roberts
Kenneth Coupeland

Psalm 116

Revelation 6

I'm not worried about the people here. My fist name is Jody. My heritage is American Indian and German. For 15 years I worked in eCommerce as an ANSIx12 EDI Programmer and Unix Administrator until 6 years ago when I made a choice to stay home with my youngest child. I am an artist. I paint mostly things from nature. Not landscapes, I prefer insects and animals. I sculpt as well. I love animals because they are sentient beings. I love people and I strive to understand everyone and everything. Every night without fail if cloud coverage permits, I go outside and admire the stars and remember how tenuous our world is. I believe we make our god's and we suffer as a result. And that is basically all there is to me unless you want an autobiography and I'm afraid it would a tedious read.

Do your children live near you in Campbell?

Thanks for sharing the things you love about this world. I have two sons living within three miles of where I usually sleep at night. My oldest son lives in southern California near his mother and step-dad. They're all married, have children and doing very well.

There's only one Creator and we're in Him forever. The deities ( imaginary gods ) that people get by reading their holy books have deceived them from the true God who created us all.