Jump to topic:

Belief Is Not Enough

MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 4:22:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Many denominations in the religious world believe, that all you have yo do to receive salvation in Christ, is believe in Him or accept Him as your savior. This is false and contradicts the teachings of the Bible. There's nowhere in the Bible where a believer became a Christian by just believing, accepting Jesus in their heart, or saying a sinner's prayer.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 4:24:29 PM
At 11/14/2014 4:22:56 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
Many denominations in the religious world believe, that all you have yo do to receive salvation in Christ, is believe in Him or accept Him as your savior. This is false and contradicts the teachings of the Bible. There's nowhere in the Bible where a believer became a Christian by just believing, accepting Jesus in their heart, or saying a sinner's prayer.

So you suggesting that you have some logical prove for the bible?
Never fart near dog
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 4:41:05 PM
At 11/14/2014 4:24:29 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

For instance, alot of Baptists claim that the bible teaches that we're saved by faith only. I beg to differ.
According to James 2:24, the Bible says that we're NOT saved by faith only.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 4:47:46 PM
At 11/14/2014 4:41:05 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

For instance, alot of Baptists claim that the bible teaches that we're saved by faith only. I beg to differ.

But where is your proof for the Bible? about the teaching there are contradictio between James/Jesus and Paul, Paul says only faith, Jesus says you must be better then the jew by obeying God commandments.
Never fart near dog
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 4:54:10 PM
At 11/14/2014 4:47:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

But where is your proof for the Bible? about the teaching there are contradictio between James/Jesus and Paul, Paul says only faith, Jesus says you must be better then the jew by obeying God commandments.

Can you give me book/chapter/verse? Please and thanks!!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:06:00 PM
At 11/14/2014 4:54:10 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

Mattew 5:20 Jesus said:
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

so there is no heaven for you until you better than the jew.

and James as you quoted 2:24 - You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Jesus and James are together, now Paul comes along - Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

this is contradiction if you understand english. here this site they trying to reconcile the matters but obviously they cant do it... http://www.gotquestions.org...
Never fart near dog
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:35:11 PM

What he's suggesting is that in order to "prove" your faith you have to practice the teachings within your religion and follow through with its requirements.

Surely as a Muslim you can actually get that?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Thanksfornotraping
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:49:02 PM

Can you explain how Jesus, the Jewish guy, did? Did he make alters and churches in his name and go there to do whatever and then tell other people to go there and do whatever? Don't give me the "Well, he told Paul to do it" crapola- why didn't Jesus do it himself if he really is God?
MEK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:58:27 PM

Yes. that's correct.

You are referencing the Christian bible as truth. Do you have any evidence that this is the written word of god any more than the Muslims have of the Quran?
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:11:03 PM
At 11/14/2014 5:06:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

and James as you quoted 2:24 - You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

this is contradiction if you understand english. here this site they trying to reconcile the matters but obviously they cant do it... http://www.gotquestions.org...

I understand English very well might I say, yet I disagree with your claim that any of those verses contradict.

They all reference to to the same plan of salvation.
Paul isn't contradicting Jesus/James. Paul was the apostle assigned by Jesus to preach to the gentiles(Ephesians), then other disciples followed behind him and later preached to the Christian gentiles. Some of those Jews that followed were telling the gentiles that they we're to keep the Law of Moses in order to receive salvation.

[Not of works ... ]
This refers to works of the Law of Moses, to nothing else; and the expression itself had become a kind of proverb in Paul's writings during those long years of his struggles against Judaizing teachers. It is simply outrageous that a individual who understands English will ignore this and apply this verse (9) to mean that "God rejects every work of man." Paul never taught anything like that. He said "work out your own salvation" (Philippians 2:12), and he also praised the Thessalonians for their "work of faith" (1 Thessalonians 1:3). If God rejects "every work of man," Paul never heard of it!
In this verse we have the echo of the past Judaizing controversy; it sums up briefly the whole argument of Romans 3:27 to Romans 4:25. There is another reminiscence, but more distinct and detached in Philippians 3:2-9.[32]

That no man should glory ...
This intention of the Father absolutely removes the primary steps of Christian obedience from any possibility of inclusion in the words "not of works," because there is nothing in any of the steps of primary obedience which by even the wildest stretch of human imagination can be construed as "glorying," or providing any basis for human glorying.

Faith ...
Not in one's self, but in the crucified Saviour - any ground of glorying here?

Repentance ...
Entails godly sorrow for sins committed, issuing in a reversal of the human will - any ground of glorying?

Confession ...
Is not a confession of how saved one is, or what wonders the Lord has done for one, but of faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God - any ground of glorying here?

Baptism into Christ ... In this act, which is the sinner's only in the sense that he is commanded to "have himself baptized," he is passive, silent, meek, helpless; with hands folded over a penitent heart, he permits his entire person to be buried in baptism, this action showing that he does not trust himself for salvation any more than he would trust a dead body, fit only to be buried - any ground of glorying here? NO! NO! NO! NO!
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:15:25 PM

I agree. It really doesn't make sense that all you have to do is "accept" and you're cleared. Does that mean we get to screw around all we want after we accept?
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:17:28 PM

Yes. that's correct.

You're kind of hijacking his thread. This has nothing to do with the original post.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:23:32 PM
At 11/14/2014 7:49:02 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:

Can you explain how Jesus, the Jewish guy, did? Did he make alters and churches in his name and go there to do whatever and then tell other people to go there and do whatever? Don't give me the "Well, he told Paul to do it" crapola- why didn't Jesus do it himself if he really is God?

I don't think I quite understand your questions, but I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

He didn't make any alters or neither did any of the apostles. The church of Christ didn't began until after he had died, was buried, and had resurrected, and ascended back into Heaven.
The apostles planted churches in Jesus name or with Jesus authority.

Jesus really is God and Lord of all!! He also was Him who went there and did whatever, as you say. If the apostles would've done it on their own, it probably wouldn't be any churches planted.
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:27:07 PM
At 11/14/2014 7:58:27 PM, MEK wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

You are referencing the Christian bible as truth. Do you have any evidence that this is the written word of god any more than the Muslims have of the Quran?

Your question doesn't apply to the topic of this forum. You can either start a new forum about your question, and I will respond on there, or challenge me to a debate. Thank You!!
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:30:29 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:17:28 PM, Conservative101 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

You're kind of hijacking his thread. This has nothing to do with the original post.

Why doesn't it?

Faith is defined as: confidence or trust in a person, thing, deity, view, or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion, as well as confidence based on some degree of warrant.It can also be belief that is not based on proof. The word faith is often used as a synonym for hope,trust, or BELIEF.
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:35:33 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:17:28 PM, Conservative101 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

Please forgive me Conservative101, I read your message wrong....
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:39:12 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:15:25 PM, Conservative101 wrote:

I agree. It really doesn't make sense that all you have to do is "accept" and you're cleared. Does that mean we get to screw around all we want after we accept?

Lol. No, it doesn't, not even if that man-made plan of salvation was true, because the Bible requires us to be faithful unto death(Revelation 2:10).
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:48:55 PM
At 11/14/2014 7:35:11 PM, Emilrose wrote:

What he's suggesting is that in order to "prove" your faith you have to practice the teachings within your religion and follow through with its requirements.

And what exactly does "prove your faith" mean?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 9:01:58 PM

All us saints are directly taught by our Creator, who planned the salvation for Israel, which is a symbolic name for ALL His people formed in the flesh and Jacob, which is the symbolic name for ALL His people that He created within His invisible thoughts.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations.
15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

Isaiah 45
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

John 12: 47
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

John 12:
30: Jesus answered, "This voice has come for your sake, not for mine.
31: Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast out;
32: and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
33: He said this to show by what death he was to die.

Habakkuk 3:
12: Thou didst bestride the earth in fury, thou didst trample the nations in anger.
13: Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, for the salvation of thy anointed. Thou didst crush the head of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah

ALL God's people are saved according to God's plan.
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 9:06:02 PM
At 11/14/2014 9:01:58 PM, bornofgod wrote:

All us saints are directly taught by our Creator, who planned the salvation for Israel, which is a symbolic name for ALL His people formed in the flesh and Jacob, which is the symbolic name for ALL His people that He created within His invisible thoughts.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations.

Isaiah 45
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.

47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

John 12:
31: Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast out;

Habakkuk 3:
12: Thou didst bestride the earth in fury, thou didst trample the nations in anger.
13: Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, for the salvation of thy anointed. Thou didst crush the head of the wicked, laying him bare from thigh to neck. Selah

Ok??? What are you getting at?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 9:15:19 PM
At 11/14/2014 9:06:02 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45

John 12:

Habakkuk 3:

We saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator about ALL God's people being saved from their wicked flesh and this visible world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) that has deceived man from his true created existence in the tree of life, which is the mind of God.

None of God's people had to believe in Him to be saved because He's invisible and can't be seen by anyone, even us saints and prophets will never see Him. That's why God used us saints and prophets to testify to the invisible Word of God where we all came from, which is His thoughts ( Christ ).
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:14:05 PM

I do get that but im sure you dont know what is Christainity is about, because of that im asking... in Christainity if you have faith that Jesus (as a Christ) died on the cross for our sins and resurrected after 3 days you have salvation (probably believed by the majority), you dont have to do and follow its requirements actually you got free from the law because Jesus died for our sins . get that?
Never fart near dog
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:16:21 PM
At 11/14/2014 9:15:19 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45

John 12:

Habakkuk 3:

We saints are taught directly by our invisible Creator about ALL God's people being saved from their wicked flesh and this visible world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) that has deceived man from his true created existence in the tree of life, which is the mind of God.

None of God's people had to believe in Him to be saved because He's invisible and can't be seen by anyone, even us saints and prophets will never see Him. That's why God used us saints and prophets to testify to the invisible Word of God where we all came from, which is His thoughts ( Christ ).

You said that none of God's people have to believe on Him to be saved. so is everyone saved???
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:32:30 PM
At 11/14/2014 10:16:21 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/14/2014 9:15:19 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45

John 12:

Habakkuk 3:

You said that none of God's people have to believe on Him to be saved. so is everyone saved???

That's correct my friend. ALL God's people that He created and formed in the flesh are saved from their wicked flesh and of this world. We will all awaken in the New Heaven and Earth with new flesh that will never die again.

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
2: And he led me round among them; and behold, there were very many upon the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
3: And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, thou knowest."
4: Again he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5: Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.
6: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD."
7: So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
8: And as I looked, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them; but there was no breath in them.
9: Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live."
10: So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great host.
11: Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, `Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.'
12: Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people; and I will bring you home into the land of Israel.
13: And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people.
14: And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, says the LORD."

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:34:44 PM

It would appear you just created yet another denomination of Christianity. Congratulations.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:38:22 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:11:03 PM, MarioWatsonBeasley wrote:
At 11/14/2014 5:06:00 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yes. that's correct.

I understand English very well might I say, yet I disagree with your claim that any of those verses contradict.

They all reference to to the same plan of salvation.
Paul isn't contradicting Jesus/James. Paul was the apostle assigned by Jesus to preach to the gentiles(Ephesians), then other disciples followed behind him and later preached to the Christian gentiles. Some of those Jews that followed were telling the gentiles that they we're to keep the Law of Moses in order to receive salvation.

[Not of works ... ]
This refers to works of the Law of Moses, to nothing else; and the expression itself had become a kind of proverb in Paul's writings during those long years of his struggles against Judaizing teachers. It is simply outrageous that a individual who understands English will ignore this and apply this verse (9) to mean that "God rejects every work of man." Paul never taught anything like that. He said "work out your own salvation" (Philippians 2:12), and he also praised the Thessalonians for their "work of faith" (1 Thessalonians 1:3). If God rejects "every work of man," Paul never heard of it!
In this verse we have the echo of the past Judaizing controversy; it sums up briefly the whole argument of Romans 3:27 to Romans 4:25. There is another reminiscence, but more distinct and detached in Philippians 3:2-9.[32]

That no man should glory ...
This intention of the Father absolutely removes the primary steps of Christian obedience from any possibility of inclusion in the words "not of works," because there is nothing in any of the steps of primary obedience which by even the wildest stretch of human imagination can be construed as "glorying," or providing any basis for human glorying.

Faith ...
Not in one's self, but in the crucified Saviour - any ground of glorying here?

Repentance ...
Entails godly sorrow for sins committed, issuing in a reversal of the human will - any ground of glorying?

Confession ...
Is not a confession of how saved one is, or what wonders the Lord has done for one, but of faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God - any ground of glorying here?

Baptism into Christ ... In this act, which is the sinner's only in the sense that he is commanded to "have himself baptized," he is passive, silent, meek, helpless; with hands folded over a penitent heart, he permits his entire person to be buried in baptism, this action showing that he does not trust himself for salvation any more than he would trust a dead body, fit only to be buried - any ground of glorying here? NO! NO! NO! NO!

look man you mixing too much into the picture, with irrelevant information. its clearly says: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

im not doubting that faith produces good actions, because if you dont doing what you believe you are a hypocrite, but the verses are says its not your works its your faith that saves you, in the site i shared here again http://www.gotquestions.org... they saying the same thing, many christains say it but i dont know whats your denomination say about that probably what you trying to suggest.. so every denomination has its interpretation.
Never fart near dog
MarioWatsonBeasley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:57:06 AM
At 11/14/2014 10:34:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

It would appear you just created yet another denomination of Christianity. Congratulations.

I don't think I understand your comment.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:32:07 AM
At 11/14/2014 10:14:05 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

I do get that but im sure you dont know what is Christainity is about, because of that im asking... in Christainity if you have faith that Jesus (as a Christ) died on the cross for our sins and resurrected after 3 days you have salvation (probably believed by the majority), you dont have to do and follow its requirements actually you got free from the law because Jesus died for our sins . get that?

Oh come on, I may be Jewish but I know precisely what Christianity is about. Anyone with any idea of theology would. As with any other religion you do have to follow its requirements (I.E "teachings"). Presumably Christians are expected to take these teachings seriously and put them into practice.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:32:54 AM
At 11/14/2014 8:48:55 PM, Double_R wrote:

And what exactly does "prove your faith" mean?

Practice it.