Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question for atheists or evolution believers.

CountCheechula
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:46:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Thanks for telling me what I must believe, I don't.
I can see no reason why the human race will not become extinct.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:03:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.

Sorry, but your statement doesn't really make sense. What do you mean by "advanced or adaptable human race and why will it survive past the other races? Please clarify.

Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?

Race? Don't you mean 'species'?

Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?

What do you mean by "complexities"? Please clarify.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

So as far as which traits? Height is generally a desirable trait, so it is predicted that humans will continue to grow in size. Intelligence is generally a desirable trait (and has an obvious impact on survival), so humans will continue to increase in intelligence. I would even suggest that people will continue to become better looking. Although we may not have a full grasp on what facial features make us find one person more attractive then another, it is clear that there is a commonality in most of us and those who meet this commonality will continue to populate the planet at higher rates then those that don't.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:38:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

It's puzzling that red headed freckled white skinned men manage to survive and flourish in hot sunny climates. I mean, even the dark skinned man is going to get out of the sun.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

We have solutions to continuous sun exposure, it's called spending some time in doors. So the trait you bring up is only superior in a world that we do not inhabit, giving us no reason to assume it will have any significant impact.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 2:54:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Last I checked, the hippo is a pretty old race that survived through millions. It shares a common ancestor with the whales and dolphins believe it or not.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 3:24:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 12:38:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

It's puzzling that red headed freckled white skinned men manage to survive and flourish in hot sunny climates. I mean, even the dark skinned man is going to get out of the sun.

According to evolution it"s the surroundings that cause and or affect change in the species, (without intelligent design for the lack of a better term, and no I don't care about "Intelligent Design") and when they go inside for a long enough time one man remains dark skinned and the other returns to white if the sun burned or tanned him. Therefore the traits are biological and are do to evolution according to evolution. Hope your not puzzled any more.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 3:40:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

http://news.discovery.com...

Just one example of evolution and inter-breeding of two different human like species. Races being defined, is a given and actually supports evolution and adaptation.

By the way. I see no reason why the human race will not eventually become extinct. To believe in evolution is to embrace that obvious outcome.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 3:53:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.

What are you talking about? I'm glad you went to public school as a child, but that doesn't make you an authority on evolution. We have people who actually study this for a living to explain it to us.

We were talking about natural selection, do you have a point to make about the topic?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 6:01:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.

Evolution does not state modern human races are different species. The OP is basically assuming evolution does, and is attempting to force racism on proponents of evolution, but it is a position based on ignorance.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 6:04:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Evolution is about the adaptation of species (not races).
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 9:30:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 6:01:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.

Evolution does not state modern human races are different species. The OP is basically assuming evolution does, and is attempting to force racism on proponents of evolution, but it is a position based on ignorance.

No maybe you are ignorant of the simple concept that evolution (theory) is based on. And again, there isn"t any American younger then 65 that hasn"t been indoctrinated by this theory. So it is very well known the concepts involving evolution. So evidence and theory.

In this case Wikipedia is a good example of the simplicity of evolution theory foundation.
evidence:
From Wikipedia:
Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.

Interpretation of the evidence called a theory:
From Wikipedia:
All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8-3.5 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by sequencing shared DNA sequences. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.

This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct. Which doesn"t come from most other systems of belief. Superior gods, and laws and ways of living maybe, but not superior race. Only the system of belief in the theory of evolution supports superior race thinking. In the school of thought of monkeymen, (ape to man, or man from ape) one race of monkeymen has to be superior to another for the theory to be logical or reasonable thinking, that present day races are today"s contenders for the future.

So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail of monkeymen. Oh sorry theory.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 3:53:48 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.

What are you talking about? I'm glad you went to public school as a child, but that doesn't make you an authority on evolution. We have people who actually study this for a living to explain it to us.

We were talking about natural selection, do you have a point to make about the topic?

Sure your rocket science view of evolution is quite a made up delusion. Just because people with PHD"s study something doesn"t make it brain surgery. There isn"t an American younger then 65 that hasn"t been indoctrinated by this theory. So it is very well known, the concepts involving evolution. So evidence and theory.

In this case Wikipedia is a good example of the simplicity of evolution theory foundation.
evidence:
From Wikipedia:
Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.

Interpretation of the evidence called a theory:
From Wikipedia:
All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8-3.5 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by sequencing shared DNA sequences. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.

This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct. Which doesn"t come from most other systems of belief. Superior gods, and laws and ways of living maybe, but not superior race. Only the system of belief in the theory of evolution supports superior race thinking. In the school of thought of monkeymen, (ape to man, or man from ape) one race of monkeymen has to be superior to another for the theory to be logical or reasonable thinking, that present day races are today"s contenders for the future.

So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail. Oh sorry theory.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 11:01:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Sure your rocket science view of evolution is quite a made up delusion. Just because people with PHD"s study something doesn"t make it brain surgery.

Right, who needs biologists to explain something when I can just go find the nearest bible thumper?

So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail. Oh sorry theory.

You really enjoy showcasing your ignorance on this subject don't you?

Evolution leads to different traits in one species from another, and even one race from another. Black people have different color skin then white people. There is nothing "superior" about that until you inject your own personal criteria which you have decided to judge people by. Does height = superior? If so, then Chinese and Mexicans are generally shorter on average so in your own subjective view these races would be inferior (which of course makes no sense when you actually meet one who is taller then you, but that's besides the point).

So no, it is not evolution that teaches that some races are superior to others. It is you recognizing that we have different traits and deciding that you personally find a particular trait in one race to be superior to another.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 11:12:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:01:52 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Sure your rocket science view of evolution is quite a made up delusion. Just because people with PHD"s study something doesn"t make it brain surgery.

Right, who needs biologists to explain something when I can just go find the nearest bible thumper?

So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail. Oh sorry theory.

You really enjoy showcasing your ignorance on this subject don't you?

Evolution leads to different traits in one species from another, and even one race from another. Black people have different color skin then white people. There is nothing "superior" about that until you inject your own personal criteria which you have decided to judge people by. Does height = superior? If so, then Chinese and Mexicans are generally shorter on average so in your own subjective view these races would be inferior (which of course makes no sense when you actually meet one who is taller then you, but that's besides the point).

So no, it is not evolution that teaches that some races are superior to others. It is you recognizing that we have different traits and deciding that you personally find a particular trait in one race to be superior to another.

what you didn't read this that I posted?

All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8-3.5 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by sequencing shared DNA sequences. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.

you should not here in statemnts number 2

Charles Darwin was the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. Evolution by natural selection is a process inferred from three facts about populations: 1) more offspring are produced than can possibly survive, 2) traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction, and 3) trait differences are heritable.[6] Thus, when members of a population die they are replaced by the progeny of parents better adapted to survive and reproduce in the environment in which natural selection takes place. This process creates and preserves traits that are seemingly fitted for the functional roles they perform.[7] Natural selection is the only known cause of adaptation, but not the only known cause of evolution. Other, nonadaptive causes of evolution include mutation and genetic drift.[8]

"traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction" Hence one portion of a species, normaly starting with an individual, superior to the rest of the same species, for whatever result, or the theory doesn"t work.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 11:51:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 3:24:01 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:38:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

It's puzzling that red headed freckled white skinned men manage to survive and flourish in hot sunny climates. I mean, even the dark skinned man is going to get out of the sun.

According to evolution it"s the surroundings that cause and or affect change in the species, (without intelligent design for the lack of a better term, and no I don't care about "Intelligent Design") and when they go inside for a long enough time one man remains dark skinned and the other returns to white if the sun burned or tanned him. Therefore the traits are biological and are do to evolution according to evolution. Hope your not puzzled any more.

But, evolution works over long periods of time, usually over generations of species. If the dark skinned man's future generations always stayed indoors, they too would eventually lose the pigmentation in their skin and become white skinned, just as over generations, the white skinned man would develop dark skin if he were to remain in hot sunny weather.

So, your remarks are still puzzling.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 11:59:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 9:30:55 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 6:01:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/15/2014 3:10:00 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:49:21 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

Race is generally a classification that we give to human beings based on skin color and facial features. That doesn't mean these particular traits in which they differ feature amongst the traits that will lead to a significant difference in the population in the millions of years to come. You're thinking seems incredibly simplistic.

To say its complicated is just to mudding the truth of a thing. Its not rocket surgery nor brain science. I went to public school when I was a child I know the premise on which evolution is based on and large groups of species or species that have traits and or features common amongst them is a result of evolution as taught and meant by the science community. If that"s not politically correct that"s just to bad, isn"t it? If what is recognized by society as race, but according to evolution are biological traits of the species, then you"ve got to stay with that. Or evolution is just theory that changes for the political conveniences of the of theorists such as the science community, and the theorists and the theory can"t be trusted nor believed.

Evolution does not state modern human races are different species. The OP is basically assuming evolution does, and is attempting to force racism on proponents of evolution, but it is a position based on ignorance.

No maybe you are ignorant of the simple concept that evolution (theory) is based on. And again, there isn"t any American younger then 65 that hasn"t been indoctrinated by this theory. So it is very well known the concepts involving evolution. So evidence and theory.

In this case Wikipedia is a good example of the simplicity of evolution theory foundation.
evidence:
From Wikipedia:
Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins.

Interpretation of the evidence called a theory:
From Wikipedia:
All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8-3.5 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by sequencing shared DNA sequences. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.


This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct. Which doesn"t come from most other systems of belief. Superior gods, and laws and ways of living maybe, but not superior race. Only the system of belief in the theory of evolution supports superior race thinking. In the school of thought of monkeymen, (ape to man, or man from ape) one race of monkeymen has to be superior to another for the theory to be logical or reasonable thinking, that present day races are today"s contenders for the future.


So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail of monkeymen. Oh sorry theory.

http://www.evolutionnews.org...

This is an intelligent design site, and they agree with me:

"I have pointed out that Darwin's theory is really a theory of the natural non-purposeful origin of biological complexity. The artificial manipulation of living things, such as breeding, biotechnology, experimental design in microbiology, recombinant DNA research, etc. aren't related in any meaningful way to Darwin's theory of natural origins."

http://www.newscientist.com...

Scientific American:

"Darwin's ideas have been invoked as justification for all sorts of policies, including some very unpleasant ones. But evolutionary theory is a descriptive science. It cannot tell us what is right and wrong."

Evolution does not suggest one race is "superior" to another. Anyone who exploits evolutionary theory to support a "superior" human race is perverting the concept for their own subjective purposes.

The foundation of your argument is ignorance. I hope you are open minded enough to investigate your claim from unbiased sources.


This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 12:25:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:12:34 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/16/2014 11:01:52 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Sure your rocket science view of evolution is quite a made up delusion. Just because people with PHD"s study something doesn"t make it brain surgery.

Right, who needs biologists to explain something when I can just go find the nearest bible thumper?

So one would have to deduce that evolution teaches and supports that race is a evolutionary result and that there is a superior human race (human biological traits) and inferior human race ( human biological traits) therefore a belief of those who believe the evolutionary tail. Oh sorry theory.

You really enjoy showcasing your ignorance on this subject don't you?

Evolution leads to different traits in one species from another, and even one race from another. Black people have different color skin then white people. There is nothing "superior" about that until you inject your own personal criteria which you have decided to judge people by. Does height = superior? If so, then Chinese and Mexicans are generally shorter on average so in your own subjective view these races would be inferior (which of course makes no sense when you actually meet one who is taller then you, but that's besides the point).

So no, it is not evolution that teaches that some races are superior to others. It is you recognizing that we have different traits and deciding that you personally find a particular trait in one race to be superior to another.

what you didn't read this that I posted?

All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8-3.5 billion years ago. Repeated speciation and the divergence of life can be inferred from shared sets of biochemical and morphological traits, or by sequencing shared DNA sequences. These homologous traits and sequences are more similar among species that share a more recent common ancestor, and can be used to reconstruct evolutionary histories, using both existing species and the fossil record. Existing patterns of biodiversity have been shaped both by speciation and by extinction.

you should not here in statemnts number 2

Charles Darwin was the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. Evolution by natural selection is a process inferred from three facts about populations: 1) more offspring are produced than can possibly survive, 2) traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction, and 3) trait differences are heritable.[6] Thus, when members of a population die they are replaced by the progeny of parents better adapted to survive and reproduce in the environment in which natural selection takes place. This process creates and preserves traits that are seemingly fitted for the functional roles they perform.[7] Natural selection is the only known cause of adaptation, but not the only known cause of evolution. Other, nonadaptive causes of evolution include mutation and genetic drift.[8]


"traits vary among individuals, leading to different rates of survival and reproduction" Hence one portion of a species, normaly starting with an individual, superior to the rest of the same species, for whatever result, or the theory doesn"t work.

Do you understand that establishing something as superior requires you to first choose your own subjective criteria for which you compare two different things?
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 11:04:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:51:15 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 3:24:01 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:38:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

It's puzzling that red headed freckled white skinned men manage to survive and flourish in hot sunny climates. I mean, even the dark skinned man is going to get out of the sun.

According to evolution it"s the surroundings that cause and or affect change in the species, (without intelligent design for the lack of a better term, and no I don't care about "Intelligent Design") and when they go inside for a long enough time one man remains dark skinned and the other returns to white if the sun burned or tanned him. Therefore the traits are biological and are do to evolution according to evolution. Hope your not puzzled any more.

But, evolution works over long periods of time, usually over generations of species. If the dark skinned man's future generations always stayed indoors, they too would eventually lose the pigmentation in their skin and become white skinned, just as over generations, the white skinned man would develop dark skin if he were to remain in hot sunny weather.

So, your remarks are still puzzling.

Maybe you should rethink your views on the subject. There are dark skinned individuals that have been in cold rainy places like Detroit or Cleveland or Pittsburgh of many generations and they are still dark skinned and that isn"t coming from the sun. and it"s the same for those born in the desert in the south west of the US. If that's still puzzling then maybe this is to complicated for you.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 11:13:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 12:25:06 PM, Double_R wrote:

Do you understand that establishing something as superior requires you to first choose your own subjective criteria for which you compare two different things?

Oh do you mean a goal, like survival or breeding rights, or dominating the species or even the surface of the earth, and what is most suited to succeed in attaining that goal?

This has been going on in the agricultural industries for a very long time and its based on the evidentiary portion of evolution, but not necessarily all the theory. No genetics to create another species, if it were so it would be big news via the media by now.

Though these two examples are environments manipulated by men with economic and political methods to achieve the same goal its exactly what the theory of evolution dictates as true that one has to be superior over the rest, in order to strengthen the population or create another species.

Note the statement "genetically superior to the population average for a trait" in the following, which is the goal, isn"t it?

Public info from the National Swine Improvement Federation

GUIDELINES FOR UNIFORM SWINE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS

II. GENETIC PRINCIPLES
Genetic Progress Through Selection

Selection is a directional process whereby only a portion of the population is allowed to reproduce. If the selected individuals are genetically superior to the population average for a trait, then their offspring will be expected to perform above average for that trait. The basis for selection is the genetic similarity between parent and offspring. Each parent transmits a random one-half of its genes to its offspring. The genetic merit of the offspring is dependent on the genetic makeup or breeding value of its parents.

The goal is genetic improvement, but the genetic composition of an animal cannot be directly measured. What is measured, the phenotype, results from the interaction of the animal's genetic make-up (genotype) with its environment. In performance testing, the animals eligible for selection are measured phenotypically for a particular trait. Because animals have different parents, variation in genotypes exists among animals. Environments also vary among animals. Therefore, variation in phenotypes for measured traits will be found. To improve selection accuracy, environmental variation needs to be minimized so that differences among animals are genetic in nature to the greatest extent possible. The proportion of the phenotypic variation due to genetic variation is called heritability. Some traits, such as carcass merit, are highly heritable (50%), but others such as reproduction efficiency are not as heritable (15%). The other (50% , 85%) differences is due to environmental effects.

The rest is found at:
http://www.nsif.com...

and what is understood as master race philosophy Nazi style:

The master race (German: die Herrenrasse, das Herrenvolk (help?568;info)) is a concept in Nazi ideology in which the Nordic race"a branch of what in late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century taxonomy was called the Aryan race"represented an ideal and pure white race. In Nazi ideology the Nordic race was the purest example of the original racial stock of those who were then called the Proto-Aryans,[1] whom the Nazis believed to have prehistorically dwelt on the North German Plain and to have ultimately originated from the lost continent of Atlantis.[2] The Nazis declared that the Nordics (nowadays referred to as the Germanic peoples), were the true Aryans (ethnically closest descendants of the Proto-Indo-Europeans) because they were much less racially mixed with peoples who were "non-native" to the European continent, than other Indo-European peoples, such as the Slavic peoples, the Romanic peoples, and the Indo-Iranian peoples. From all of the European peoples, the Slavs (particularly Poles and Serbs) were considered the most racially inferior, and were placed at the bottom of the "racial hierarchy" along with Jews, Romani people and persons of color.[3] Based on this claim that the Nordic peoples were superior to all other races, the Nazis believed they were entitled to expand territorially.[3] This concept is known as Nordicism. The actual policy that was implemented by the Nazis resulted in the Aryan certificate, the one form of the official document that was required by the law for all citizens of the Reich was the "Lesser Aryan certificate" (Kleiner Ariernachweis) which could be obtained through an Ahnenpass which required the owner to trace their lineage through baptism or birth certificates or certified proof thereof that all grandparents were of "Aryan descent".
The rest is found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Hence the Aryan was valued as the future breed to strengthen the population.

A little side note here that the God of Israel discourages such things with His People (Lev:19:19, Deut:22:9) of which isn"t really the argument, but demonstrates the differences in the views of what is cold hearted cruelty amongst men without interventions of God or influences from believing in God . Evolutionary theological thinking is required in order to promote master race thinking. And people have to believe it before it takes hold as an influence in a society. No different than any other system of belief, also known as religion.

So by default in this thinking there has to be a superior race or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait" for one monkeyman to be superior to the rest of monkeymen. Its simple logic and reasoning. Therefore who is the superior race, or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait according to evolution.

I don"t have to prove a thing, its been proven over and over by others that evolution promotes the desire for superior traits in a species.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 11:44:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Take people from Kenya who have adapted to arid heat and move them to the arctic. Now take the Inuit Indians of the Arctic and move them to Kenya. Is either one more fit than the other? Evolution is driven by the ability to adapt to environmental conditions. So what aids survival changes from region to region. That's why you have different races of people with different areas of evolved adaptation to begin with. Unless the Earth becomes uniform in every form of environmental challenge, you'll find different peoples in different regions. And it's unlikely man will last more than a few million years more... if that.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:53:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 11:13:04 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/16/2014 12:25:06 PM, Double_R wrote:
Do you understand that establishing something as superior requires you to first choose your own subjective criteria for which you compare two different things?

So by default in this thinking there has to be a superior race or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait" for one monkeyman to be superior to the rest of monkeymen. Its simple logic and reasoning. Therefore who is the superior race, or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait according to evolution.

I don"t have to prove a thing, its been proven over and over by others that evolution promotes the desire for superior traits in a species.

You could have just said no.

If we're talking about surviving in an environment requiring heavy sun exposure, then those with high melanin levels (producing darker skin) are superior. If we're talking about surviving in an colder less sunnier environment, those with less melanin are superior. If we're talking about surviving in an environment with no land, those with gills are superior.

"Superior" depends entirely on what the goal is and what traits assist or hinder in achieving that goal. There is no one goal. And even if you want to assert that "survival" is the goal you have to consider that the desired traits for survival depend entirely on the environment.

So the question is not "which race is superior", the question is "which race is best suited to meet my subjective criteria for whatever situation I happen to think is important". This is the case whether you are talking about blacks vs. whites, males vs. females, fat people vs. skinny people, gays vs. straits, etc... And guess what... Creation or whatever other myth you might prefer does not solve this. The problem you bring up is not the process of how we got here, the problem is the lengths that people will go to justify their own wilful ignorance and/or racists views.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:57:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 11:04:29 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/16/2014 11:51:15 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 3:24:01 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:38:31 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:28:06 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/15/2014 12:12:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/15/2014 11:43:17 AM, CountCheechula wrote:
If you believe in evolution you must believe that through natural selection the most advanced or adaptable human race will survive past the other races.
Please my question is this:
What race will most likely survive through natural selection?
Is there actual scientific model to measure complexities of different races?
Thanks and will stay in touch!

Natural selection deals with biological traits, not races. The idea is that those who have more desirable traits are more likely to reproduce, that follows from the fact that their traits are more desirable. A male who is who is 4 feet tall is statistically not as likely to reproduce as a male who is 5'10". Over the course of millions of years these statistics become meaningful in which of the species offspring will inhabit the planet.

Horse dump, race is a biological trait just as any other portion of a species that has the advantage over the other. Stronger, faster, more adaptive, a particular feature that lets them survive, could be surviving an out brake of a killer virus, so on and so forth. The whole concept of evolving means exactly that. It"s a honest question what race is superior to the others seeing that evolution is the belief in question.

A dark skinned man will survive continuous exposure to the hot sun better then a red headed freckled white skinned man. That is a biological trait that one is born with.

It's puzzling that red headed freckled white skinned men manage to survive and flourish in hot sunny climates. I mean, even the dark skinned man is going to get out of the sun.

According to evolution it"s the surroundings that cause and or affect change in the species, (without intelligent design for the lack of a better term, and no I don't care about "Intelligent Design") and when they go inside for a long enough time one man remains dark skinned and the other returns to white if the sun burned or tanned him. Therefore the traits are biological and are do to evolution according to evolution. Hope your not puzzled any more.

But, evolution works over long periods of time, usually over generations of species. If the dark skinned man's future generations always stayed indoors, they too would eventually lose the pigmentation in their skin and become white skinned, just as over generations, the white skinned man would develop dark skin if he were to remain in hot sunny weather.

So, your remarks are still puzzling.

Maybe you should rethink your views on the subject. There are dark skinned individuals that have been in cold rainy places like Detroit or Cleveland or Pittsburgh of many generations and they are still dark skinned and that isn"t coming from the sun. and it"s the same for those born in the desert in the south west of the US. If that's still puzzling then maybe this is to complicated for you.

You appear to have a strange idea of what evolution is all about. Changes in pigments in skin color would occur over thousands of generations, not a few.

Do you also believe one species turns into another over a few generations?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dee-em
Posts: 6,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 7:15:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:

This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct.

OMG. This is such a cringe-worthy carricature of evolution, that it's laughable. What you know about evolutionary theory would fit on a postage stamp. Lol.
dee-em
Posts: 6,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 7:28:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 7:57:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Maybe you should rethink your views on the subject. There are dark skinned individuals that have been in cold rainy places like Detroit or Cleveland or Pittsburgh of many generations and they are still dark skinned and that isn"t coming from the sun. and it"s the same for those born in the desert in the south west of the US. If that's still puzzling then maybe this is to complicated for you.

You appear to have a strange idea of what evolution is all about. Changes in pigments in skin color would occur over thousands of generations, not a few.

Do you also believe one species turns into another over a few generations?

There also has to be selective pressure for change. Modern man lives longer and in such a controlled environment that selective pressure (other than sexual attraction) has slowed considerably. Environmental pressure for change hardly applies for humans now.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 8:27:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/18/2014 7:15:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:

This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct.

OMG. This is such a cringe-worthy carricature of evolution, that it's laughable. What you know about evolutionary theory would fit on a postage stamp. Lol.

You are correct, and don"t need to, or want to know much more then that, its simple stuff. Managed by the intellectual community, giving people like you the impression that it"s complicated. The concept and theory isn"t much more than a postage stamp of understanding, the work done to find evidence and try and prove the theory is extensive. So what. And what you say is a postage stamp knowledge is what the voting public knows of evolution isn"t it? And it doesn"t change the fact that by default in evolutionary theoretical thinking there has to be a superior race or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait" for one monkeyman to be superior to the rest of monkeymen. Its simple logic and reasoning. Therefore who is the superior race, or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait according to evolution.
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 8:36:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/18/2014 8:27:11 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/18/2014 7:15:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/16/2014 10:42:23 AM, DPMartin wrote:

This theory would most definitely support a superior race philosophy, and or theology, and is the theory of evolution one portion of a species dominates the other until the inferior is extinct.

OMG. This is such a cringe-worthy carricature of evolution, that it's laughable. What you know about evolutionary theory would fit on a postage stamp. Lol.

You are correct, and don"t need to, or want to know much more then that, its simple stuff. Managed by the intellectual community, giving people like you the impression that it"s complicated. The concept and theory isn"t much more than a postage stamp of understanding, the work done to find evidence and try and prove the theory is extensive. So what. And what you say is a postage stamp knowledge is what the voting public knows of evolution isn"t it? And it doesn"t change the fact that by default in evolutionary theoretical thinking there has to be a superior race or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait" for one monkeyman to be superior to the rest of monkeymen. Its simple logic and reasoning. Therefore who is the superior race, or "genetically superior to the population average for a trait according to evolution.

You've never read a book about the ToE have you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin