Jump to topic:

Are all Christians truly Christian?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 10:05:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Or is it, to all too many, simply a badge of status, a social club where they can mix with "the right people", or simply a label?

The simple answer is, only if they live as Christ taught we should can they truly call themselves Christian.

Christ set the principle for a major part of Christianity when he said "Let the man who has two garments give one to him who ahs none, likewise with food".

If you aply that principle correctly, then someone with two houses will give one to someone who has none (or at the very least rent it to them at a reasonable cost since todays world is so different ot the one Christ lived in).

The same would apploy to two (or more) cars, two of anyhting in fact.

Paul later repeated teh principle as "Let noone have too mcuh nor any too little".

How many who claimn to be Christian would share their extra coat with someone who had nothing, or their spare car or home, or in fact anything?

I have known a few who would, but if you call yourself Christian (or Jehovah's Witness, which in the eyes of God and Christ is the same thing" you are compelled to live as one.

Of course there is a lot more to it than just that, but you can't have a better start that that is, in the eyes of God and Christ at least. However your motivation also has to be right. No good doing it just to look good, God and Christ will knoow and judge your actions accordingly. You have to be doing it because you love your fellow man.

If you are not going to live like one, there is no lasting propfit in calling yourself one. God and Christ cannot be fooled no matter how clever you are.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 12:01:38 PM
At 11/16/2014 10:05:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Of course there is a lot more to it than just that, but you can't have a better start that that is, in the eyes of God and Christ at least. However your motivation also has to be right. No good doing it just to look good, God and Christ will knoow and judge your actions accordingly. You have to be doing it because you love your fellow man.

Well, that would leave you out of being a Christian considering the comments you have made towards others here; ie. calling other Christians liars, calling non-believers influenced by Satan.

You are the opposite of being Christ like, you show hatred towards your fellow man.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 12:53:18 PM
At 11/16/2014 12:01:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Well, that would leave you out of being a Christian considering the comments you have made towards others here; ie. calling other Christians liars, calling non-believers influenced by Satan.

You are the opposite of being Christ like, you show hatred towards your fellow man.

Nope, tellng the truth does not preclude you from being a Christiahjn, in fact it is the sign of a Christian.

I have no hatred towards anyone, though like God and Christ I* do hate the things that some of my fellow man do, but if I can wake them up to thier errors and point them to how to save themselves I will happily do so, noo matter ho9w bad their sins have been.

Telling someone teh truth about themsleves is not showing hatred or Christ would never have done so. No it is an attampt to wake them up and make them think about what theya re doping and saying.

Just glossing over their errors is definitely showing, at the least, a lack of care for them because you are not making the effort to help them.

Why tell people theya re doing OK when they aren't? of what help is that to them? t is discouraging improvement.

Are you sure it is not you who is showing hatred?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 1:02:16 PM
At 11/16/2014 12:53:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Nope, tellng the truth does not preclude you from being a Christiahjn, in fact it is the sign of a Christian.

I have yet to see you utter a single word of truth.

I have no hatred towards anyone, though like God and Christ I* do hate the things that some of my fellow man do,..

Exactly, you show hatred, that is the point entirely.

Telling someone teh truth about themsleves is not showing hatred or Christ would never have done so. No it is an attampt to wake them up and make them think about what theya re doping and saying.

No, it only shows the arrogance and hypocrisy of those who believe they know what's best for others. You should mind your own business and stop spreading hatred.

Just glossing over their errors is definitely showing, at the least, a lack of care for them because you are not making the effort to help them.

You are not showing care for others, you are showing that you know what's best for them and will do it with fear, loathing and hatred. You have never helped anyone here as far as I can see, however I would give you the benefit of the doubt if any one single person here said they were helped by you.

Why tell people theya re doing OK when they aren't? of what help is that to them? t is discouraging improvement.

It is none of your firetrucking business what others do. Do you understand that simple concept?

I am showing intolerance to your hatred. I am not telling you what to believe, but instead asking you to stop behaving like a small child, which you refuse to do.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 2:44:07 PM
At 11/16/2014 1:02:16 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I have no hatred towards anyone, though like God and Christ I* do hate the things that some of my fellow man do,..

No, it only shows the arrogance and hypocrisy of those who believe they know what's best for others. You should mind your own business and stop spreading hatred.

You are not showing care for others, you are showing that you know what's best for them and will do it with fear, loathing and hatred. You have never helped anyone here as far as I can see, however I would give you the benefit of the doubt if any one single person here said they were helped by you.

It is none of your firetrucking business what others do. Do you understand that simple concept?

I am showing intolerance to your hatred. I am not telling you what to believe, but instead asking you to stop behaving like a small child, which you refuse to do.

No, You are telling me what I think and feel even though you have no idea.

You have never seen me utter one word which was not true, whether you wish to believe that or not, and apparently you do not.

Your choice.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 2:58:53 PM
Or is it, to all too many, simply a badge of status, a social club where they can mix with "the right people", or simply a label?

The simple answer is, only if they live as Christ taught we should can they truly call themselves Christian.

Christ set the principle for a major part of Christianity when he said "Let the man who has two garments give one to him who ahs none, likewise with food".

If you aply that principle correctly, then someone with two houses will give one to someone who has none (or at the very least rent it to them at a reasonable cost since todays world is so different ot the one Christ lived in).

Paul later repeated teh principle as "Let noone have too mcuh nor any too little".

How many who claimn to be Christian would share their extra coat with someone who had nothing, or their spare car or home, or in fact anything?

I have known a few who would, but if you call yourself Christian (or Jehovah's Witness, which in the eyes of God and Christ is the same thing" you are compelled to live as one.

If you are not going to live like one, there is no lasting propfit in calling yourself one. God and Christ cannot be fooled no matter how clever you are.

No, in fact most people aren't what they pretend to be. It is especially obvious with the self proclaimed riotous people of the Christian faith.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 4:15:19 PM
At 11/16/2014 2:58:53 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

No, in fact most people aren't what they pretend to be. It is especially obvious with the self proclaimed riotous people of the Christian faith.

Yes I am afraid that is true, and in my teens that killed any hope I had of finding teh true faith, ebcause I knew it was the opposite of how Christians should be.

The irony is that it is easy for true Christians to sound arrogant, but they aren't because they have at least enough humility to do the work Christ has set for us to do. Scripture is very good at not letting us think too much of ourselves I'm pleased to say.

It tells us that Gos chooses the lowly, the things that the world looks down on, the relatively, uneducated so that he can demonstrate his power through us.

It aslso tells us to remember that when all is done we are simply "good for nothing slaves" who have only done what we should.

Not everyone can tka##ake being thought of that way, but some of us don;'t care how people think of us, as long as we have value in God's eyes,and that of his son, that's fine by us.

Anyway, I would rather be a slave of God than a master in thsi world. Never really fancied being an yone's boss but my own. Though I've never much fancied having a human boss eitehr, lol.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 4:20:58 PM
At 11/16/2014 2:44:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You have never seen me utter one word which was not true, whether you wish to believe that or not, and apparently you do not.

Your choice.

Sorry, but I am not telling you what you think and what you feel, that is a lie.

I am asking you to stop behaving like a small child, based entirely on YOUR words written here.

Of course, I don't believe you. If you look closely, no one believes you.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 4:43:41 PM
All blues are blue, they're just not all the same shade. If they believe in Jesus as God or a messenger from God (which makes far more sense), then they're Christians. In any regard, it should be seen as a badge of shame.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 4:46:34 PM

Ask Robert Tilton, Peter Poppoff, Joyce Myers, or any other televangelist. Ask the pope, the bishops, the cardinals... You seem to think that the messiah advocated "redistribution of wealth," along the lines of socialism...

Could you possibly REALLY be that stupid?

Humanists do this, consistently. The "christians" do not.

And?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 4:46:47 PM
At 11/16/2014 4:43:41 PM, Beastt wrote:
All blues are blue, they're just not all the same shade. If they believe in Jesus as God or a messenger from God (which makes far more sense), then they're Christians. In any regard, it should be seen as a badge of shame.

There is only one "shade" of Christian, and God and Christ have set the standards for joining that partiular team. To find out what they are you have to read the rule book, the BIble, and get to knoww, not jsut the rules, but teh team's history also.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 5:16:07 PM
At 11/16/2014 4:15:19 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Yes I am afraid that is true, and in my teens that killed any hope I had of finding teh true faith, ebcause I knew it was the opposite of how Christians should be.

That's a contradiction. Please explain.

The irony is that it is easy for true Christians to sound arrogant, but they aren't because they have at least enough humility to do the work Christ has set for us to do. Scripture is very good at not letting us think too much of ourselves I'm pleased to say.

So you don't feel goo about yourself for being Christian?

It tells us that Gos chooses the lowly, the things that the world looks down on, the relatively, uneducated so that he can demonstrate his power through us.

Why would God choose people who are social pariah and are looked down on to do his work?

It aslso tells us to remember that when all is done we are simply "good for nothing slaves" who have only done what we should.

So being Christian makes you good for nothing?

Not everyone can tka##ake being thought of that way, but some of us don;'t care how people think of us, as long as we have value in God's eyes,and that of his son, that's fine by us.

So you live life detested by other people? That is so sad.

Anyway, I would rather be a slave of God than a master in thsi world. Never really fancied being an yone's boss but my own. Though I've never much fancied having a human boss eitehr, lol.

Slave to God. Boss to no one.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 5:50:15 PM
At 11/16/2014 5:16:07 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/16/2014 4:15:19 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

That's a contradiction. Please explain.

Sorry I didn;t word that very well.

I knew that true Christians should be living very differently from the the way the ones I could find were, and also teaching different things to what they were.

I began to wonder if God had given up on us altogether. As it turns out I hadn't realised that Christ had already foretold that conditions would be like that in this time period. (Luke 18:8).

So you don't feel goo about yourself for being Christian?

No it is nothign more than I should be, and I'm nothing like as good at it as I would like to be. Fortunately Christ accepts effort rather than expecting perfection.

I do hoewever feel very privileged that Gd and Christ have seen fit to entrust me with this work despite all my weaknesses and problems that I have to fight against.

I don't deserve it, but then what human does I guess.

Why would God choose people who are social pariah and are looked down on to do his work?

Because he can show his power through them.

If God were to use those who are naturally strong it would be nothign special, but to use poeple to do work whcih they would nto be capable of doing on thier own, that shows his power.

Anyway people who are too smart often end up relying on themselves rather than on him.

So being Christian makes you good for nothing?

No, it s s jsut how we shdl view ourselves. We are nothing special, we could nto do what we do without his help, and even then we are only doing what we should be doing, nothhg special.

Jesus often used hyperbole in his teachings, but it stops us getting a swelled head if we remember to think of ourselves that way.

So you live life detested by other people? That is so sad.

No, because I am loved by God and Christ, and no-one could want better friends.

Plus the rewards are good if we stay faithful, and we know we will never stav=rve whatever happens in the world outside.

Slave to God. Boss to no one.

Yup that's about it, but you couldn't want for a kinder slave master. He always takes your limitations into account and doesn't expect you to do more than is reasonable.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 6:01:42 PM
At 11/16/2014 4:46:34 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Ask Robert Tilton, Peter Poppoff, Joyce Myers, or any other televangelist. Ask the pope, the bishops, the cardinals... You seem to think that the messiah advocated "redistribution of wealth," along the lines of socialism...

I don;t care what they say, I care what scripture says, and yes that is exactly what he advocated, though in a Christian way, not socialistic.

If people don't want to live by the rules they don;t have the right to call themslves Christian. Which just shows how few really are, doesn't it.

Luke 3:10-11
ASV(i) 10 And the multitudes asked him, saying, What then must we do? 11 And he answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath food, let him do likewise.

Paul later echoed the same thought:

2 Corinthians 8:13-15
ASV(i) 13 For I say not this that others may be eased and ye distressed; 14 but by equality: your abundance being a supply at this present time for their want, that their abundance also may become a supply for your want; that there may be equality: 15 as it is written, He that gathered much had nothing over; and he that gathered little had no lack.

It is all a part of loving yur fellow man as yourself, a Christian requirement.

If that is stupid, then yes, I could be and happily so, but I don't see being on the side of God and Christ as being stupid, even if you do. I see teh rewards of doing things God's way as far better than anything else this life can give me.

As I say, if that is stupid, then I am stupid and happy about it.

But they don't do it for all the right reasons which is where the problems come in for them.

In effect they worship the creation not the creator. Who you serve, you worship.

Christians do, or they aren't Christian, simple as. It doesn't matter what they choose to call themsleves. The could call themsleves aliens but that wouldn't make it true.

And?

I would have thought teh results of that were obvious, but teh point is that if you do not live correctly and do thigs the rigth way you will not gain the promised rewards. Simple as.

Why would an employer pay you if you never did teh work?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 6:03:38 PM
At 11/16/2014 4:20:58 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Your choice.

Sorry, but I am not telling you what you think and what you feel, that is a lie.

I am asking you to stop behaving like a small child, based entirely on YOUR words written here.

Wrong, you told me I feel hatred, when I do not, so yes you have been telling me how I feel. Sorry but it came from your post, no-one elses.

I have no hatred for anyone.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 6:09:11 PM

I have known a few who would, but if you call yourself Christian (or Jehovah's Witness, which in the eyes of God and Christ is the same thing)

LMAO @ that last sentence.

Do you call yourself a Jehovah's Witness or a Christian? You can't be both.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 6:11:32 PM
At 11/16/2014 4:46:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There is only one "shade" of Christian, and God and Christ have set the standards for joining that partiular team. To find out what they are you have to read the rule book, the BIble, and get to knoww, not jsut the rules, but teh team's history also.

Why, I thought you had a horrid aversion to "looking at the team's history." Every time it's brought up, you whine "foul", and say, "Let's talk about right now."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:22:01 PM

Yes, the history, including the Inquisitions, witch burnings and Crusades, to name a few. Great teamwork!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:28:35 PM
At 11/16/2014 6:03:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/16/2014 4:20:58 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Your choice.

Wrong, you told me I feel hatred, when I do not, so yes you have been telling me how I feel. Sorry but it came from your post, no-one elses.

You are free to produce that post. If you don't, then you are a liar.

I have no hatred for anyone.

Your words here say otherwise.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:33:12 PM

Everyone who calls themselves Christians are Christians. Although, God has chosen a few Christians to be believers of His true gospel that I've been speaking in Campbell, CA, for the past 40 months. All the rest of the Christians are false prophets and antichrists who reject the true gospel. They would rather read their false gospels in their new testament that has deceived every single person who has read them, including me before I was born of God and learned that the new testament is not the true works of God's chosen saints.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:46:55 PM

I have no hatred towards anyone, though like God and Christ I* do hate the things that some of my fellow man do, but if I can wake them up to thier errors and point them to how to save themselves I will happily do so, noo matter ho9w bad their sins have been.

You, MCB, wrote " if I can wake them up to thier errors and point them to how to save themselves".

Only fools believe they can save themselves. God planned the salvation of all His people before the visible world appeared from man's perspective.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

I Corinthians 3
13: each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
14: If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
15: If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

John 12: 47
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Isaiah 25
6: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.
7: And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.
8: He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9: It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

I Timothy 4:10
10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

According to the prophecies and testimonies of God's saints, ALL God's people will be saved from this world and their wicked flesh.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 8:00:49 PM
At 11/16/2014 6:01:42 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don;t care what they say, I care what scripture says, and yes that is exactly what he advocated, though in a Christian way, not socialistic.

If people don't want to live by the rules they don;t have the right to call themslves Christian. Which just shows how few really are, doesn't it.

Funny, scripture doesn't indicate that, at all. The messiah did not preach redistribution of wealth. He preached poverty. He endorsed shunning wealth of any kind.

Luke 3:10-11
ASV(i) 10 And the multitudes asked him, saying, What then must we do? 11 And he answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath food, let him do likewise.

Cute. Share your excess with your fellow human. This is, in no way, an advocation for the redistribution of wealth.

Paul later echoed the same thought:

2 Corinthians 8:13-15
ASV(i) 13 For I say not this that others may be eased and ye distressed; 14 but by equality: your abundance being a supply at this present time for their want, that their abundance also may become a supply for your want; that there may be equality: 15 as it is written, He that gathered much had nothing over; and he that gathered little had no lack.

Again, choosing to share of your own excess is not redistribution of wealth. I see your understanding of economics is about equal to your understanding of the physical sciences (virtually nonexistent).

It is all a part of loving yur fellow man as yourself, a Christian requirement.

Aaaahhhh... The "Ethic of Reciprocity." You christians love to quote that as though it is original to christianity, despite the fact that it predates chrisitanity by CENTURIES.

If that is stupid, then yes, I could be and happily so, but I don't see being on the side of God and Christ as being stupid, even if you do. I see teh rewards of doing things God's way as far better than anything else this life can give me.

Yes, that is stupid. I don't see you as being "on the side of god and christ." I see you as a smug, pontificating woowoo prattler, that issues edicts as "fact" far too many things on which he isn't even qualified to open his mouth.

As I say, if that is stupid, then I am stupid and happy about it.

Obviously.

But they don't do it for all the right reasons which is where the problems come in for them.

Oh, pleeeeeeezzz... Doing right because you believe it to be right isn't good enough, huh? You have to be doing right because your deity said so, even if you believe it to be wrong? That's the kind of stupidity that makes your pseudo philosophical prattling worthy of being ridiculed.

In effect they worship the creation not the creator. Who you serve, you worship.

More biblebabblewoowoo regurgitation of ignorant, stupidstitious rhetoric. Dogmatic adherence to the religious "party line" is exactly what I would expect from you, though.

Christians do, or they aren't Christian, simple as. It doesn't matter what they choose to call themsleves. The could call themsleves aliens but that wouldn't make it true.

See previous entry.

And?

I would have thought teh results of that were obvious, but teh point is that if you do not live correctly and do thigs the rigth way you will not gain the promised rewards. Simple as.

I don't believe the promises, so this simpleton threat is meaningless.

Why would an employer pay you if you never did teh work?

An employer would not. Such is a business decision. A deity appears to shift positions on things like this, all the time.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 9:36:02 PM

Firstly, there are many, MANY versions of Christianity. You subscribe to one as "the only one", and 40,000 other variations follow their "one and only Christianity" as "the only one". The Bible was not assembled by Jesus, nor was it assembled by God. It was written, edited, selected and assembled by men in the 4th century. And if the Bible is the rule book, then the game is "Barbaric Brutality" - grab a sword and hack a child to bits. Yeah God!
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 10:35:41 PM
Paul had guidelines for whom Christians were to help. Even a widow had to meet certain guidelines before she would be helped.

1 Timothy 5:9 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,

1 Timothy 5:16
If any woman who is a believer has widows in her care, she should continue to help them and not let the church be burdened with them, so that the church can help those widows who are really in need.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 10:44:51 PM
There is much false teachings concerning money and homes.

For instance, many Christians teach error about the rich man.

God in the flesh was in front of the rich man. What an amazing happening, like no other ever. The rich man did not want to give up his wealth and follow Jesus, God who was right there in front of him. He did not want to join Jesus" earthly ministry. We are not all told to leave our homes and give everything away to become traveling ministers. That is nonsense taught by people with no understanding. We do not have to give away everything we own. We just have to care more about God than those things.

Can you imagine Paul preaching to the church of the Ephesians, Galatians, and Corinthians that they had to give away everything they owned and become traveling disciples? There would not be churches in the New Testament for Paul to write too! For the houses of the believers were the churches. No one would be there for Paul to write too and visit, for they would all be gone doing traveling ministries.

Jesus knows everyone"s heart and knew the rich man thought more of his earthly riches than God"s Truth.

Jesus said his teachings are not burdensome, but I am sorry to say you who believe Jesus wants everyone to give away their home and money have made Jesus" teachings burdensome.

It is not a sin to have money and material possessions. Paul explains that parents save up for their children. How do people save up for their children if they have nothing? Not only that, there are scripture for those who are wealthy in this world, and it is not to give it all away.

1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

2 Corinthians 12:14 Now I am ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you, because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.

How is the Christians wife keeping busy in her house if her house was sold and given to the poor?

Titus 2:5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:29:14 AM
At 11/16/2014 9:36:02 PM, Beastt wrote:

Firstly, there are many, MANY versions of Christianity. You subscribe to one as "the only one", and 40,000 other variations follow their "one and only Christianity" as "the only one". The Bible was not assembled by Jesus, nor was it assembled by God. It was written, edited, selected and assembled by men in the 4th century. And if the Bible is the rule book, then the game is "Barbaric Brutality" - grab a sword and hack a child to bits. Yeah God!

No, there is, and can only ever be, one version of Christianity, however there are a great many couterfeits, and it is up to each ojne of us to determine whchi is which as if our lives depend on it, which in fact, our eternal lives do.

How many Dior dresses are truly Dior? Does it matter where they come from as long as they have the right name on? Of course it does, there is only one true Dior, just as there is only one true Christianity.

I use Dior because I have what purports to be a Christian Dior silk shirt, which I bought for "4.50 from a charity shop in York, UK, about 17 years ago. Is it really Dior? I don't know, and not being label conscious I don't really care, but 17 years later it is still going strong, lol so maybe it is, but whatever it has certanly proved a bargain, lol..
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:06:12 AM
Sure we have you malignant LIAR!

YOU claimed you could legitimately sustain your Satanic ideology using ANY bible versions -

1/29/2014 2:14:51 AM
At 1/27/2014 6:58:57 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The fact is that the JWs can and do back up all they teach from scrtipture, multiple scripture, nto just the odd one or two that agree with thier doctrines, any translation, and are more than happy to have their word questioned on that.

10 months on despite repeated challenges to your claim we are Stilllllllllllllllll waiting for YOU to prove your Satan ideology using the YLT & OR the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT narrative?

& YOU claimed that your supposed god is the answer to man's woes & salvation when YOU then testified that was another LIE! because it was your DOG that stopped you committing suicide and NOT your supposed god!

In fact that was your admission your god was a failure, your jebus/lately a.k. a. Mikey was a failure, your h-s was a failure & your propaganda was a failure and the ONLY thing that stopped you committing Suicide, was your DOGs!

YOU are a PROVEN LIAR & YOUR Botchtower based ideology is according to YOU, a proven LIE, that brings only thoughts of YOUR suicide!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:27:10 AM
At 11/17/2014 6:29:14 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No, there is, and can only ever be, one version of Christianity, however there are a great many couterfeits, and it is up to each ojne of us to determine whchi is which as if our lives depend on it, which in fact, our eternal lives do.

By their own testimony and actions the Botchtower is exposed as a FALSE RELIGION -

1. An Angel that worships Jesus
"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more excellent Name than they."" Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4 (Link to Scanned Image of Original Botchtower publication)

Oops!

2. The Pope and Antichrist
"Michael and his angels"--the papacy and its supporters--fought against the dragon--pagan rulers, etc.,-- and the great dragon was cast out of heaven. Zion's Watch Tower 1879 December p.6

Oops!

3. Michael was the pre-human Jesus Christ
"Can it be that he who was called Michael--Jehovah's chief-messenger--was none other than our Lord in his pre-human condition? we conclude that HE must have been "chief messenger." " Zion's Watch Tower 1883 June p.3

Oops!

This 100% back-flip by the Botchtower god (3 to 4) is also (by their own Botchtower admission) again totally fatal to the Botchtower cause!

i.e. -

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy washy' - about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" the Watchtower, May 15 1976, p. 298 ||whistling||

Oops!

4. The Pope again
"Michael.--- "Who as God," the Pope."
The Finished Mystery 1917 p.188

Oops again!

This 100% back-flip by the Botchtower god (4 to 5) is also (by their own Botchtower admission) again totally fatal to the Botchtower cause!

i.e. -

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy washy' - about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" the Watchtower, May 15 1976, p. 298

Oops!

5. Jesus in heaven
Since the 1930's Michael is explained to be the heavenly name for Jesus.

"For many years Jehovah's Witnesses have taught that Michael is a heavenly name for the only-begotten Son of God, who was named Jesus while on earth." Watchtower 1984 December 15 p.26

The Botchtower & their back-flipping blundering buffoon of a fallible god at its finest & its supposed earthly organisation who fatally admit no one can have any confidence in either!

Add to that, MCB admitted that his Botchtower based god, jebus, h-s & propaganda led him to contemplate his own suicide on more than one occasion?

MCB admitted also that all that stopped his committing suicide was the affection his DOGS (Canines) showed him.

How sad & pathetic MCB & his false ideology have proven themselves to be.

Yes folks, join or heed the Botchtower, and end up contemplating suicide as did MCB!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 9:21:41 AM
At 11/17/2014 8:27:10 AM, Composer wrote:

By their own testimony and actions the Botchtower is exposed as a FALSE RELIGION -

1. An Angel that worships Jesus
"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more excellent Name than they."" Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4 (Link to Scanned Image of Original Botchtower publication)

Oops!

2. The Pope and Antichrist
"Michael and his angels"--the papacy and its supporters--fought against the dragon--pagan rulers, etc.,-- and the great dragon was cast out of heaven. Zion's Watch Tower 1879 December p.6

Oops!

3. Michael was the pre-human Jesus Christ
"Can it be that he who was called Michael--Jehovah's chief-messenger--was none other than our Lord in his pre-human condition? we conclude that HE must have been "chief messenger." " Zion's Watch Tower 1883 June p.3

Oops!

This 100% back-flip by the Botchtower god (3 to 4) is also (by their own Botchtower admission) again totally fatal to the Botchtower cause!

i.e. -

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy washy' - about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" the Watchtower, May 15 1976, p. 298 ||whistling||

Oops!

4. The Pope again
"Michael.--- "Who as God," the Pope."
The Finished Mystery 1917 p.188

Oops again!

This 100% back-flip by the Botchtower god (4 to 5) is also (by their own Botchtower admission) again totally fatal to the Botchtower cause!

i.e. -

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy washy' - about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" the Watchtower, May 15 1976, p. 298

Oops!

5. Jesus in heaven
Since the 1930's Michael is explained to be the heavenly name for Jesus.

"For many years Jehovah's Witnesses have taught that Michael is a heavenly name for the only-begotten Son of God, who was named Jesus while on earth." Watchtower 1984 December 15 p.26

The Botchtower & their back-flipping blundering buffoon of a fallible god at its finest & its supposed earthly organisation who fatally admit no one can have any confidence in either!

Add to that, MCB admitted that his Botchtower based god, jebus, h-s & propaganda led him to contemplate his own suicide on more than one occasion?

MCB admitted also that all that stopped his committing suicide was the affection his DOGS (Canines) showed him.

How sad & pathetic MCB & his false ideology have proven themselves to be.

Yes folks, join or heed the Botchtower, and end up contemplating suicide as did MCB!

Neither my God nor that of the JWs is Jesus, can you not even get that right??

You may think I am sad, but every time you post you prove yourself to be far, far, sadder. Lol, like I said before, keep it up, you even make me look good, lol.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 11:20:18 AM
At 11/16/2014 9:36:02 PM, Beastt wrote:

Well, if you want to have zero tolerance for all but the original, then there is no true Christianity today, and there hasn't been since before the Bible, and most certainly, not since the Bible. The Bible was the standardization of the corruption of earlier Christianity, which was mostly gnostic.

How many Dior dresses are truly Dior? Does it matter where they come from as long as they have the right name on? Of course it does, there is only one true Dior, just as there is only one true Christianity.
If Christianity had to come from Jesus, then there is no Christianity today, and likely never was.

I use Dior because I have what purports to be a Christian Dior silk shirt, which I bought for "4.50 from a charity shop in York, UK, about 17 years ago. Is it really Dior? I don't know, and not being label conscious I don't really care, but 17 years later it is still going strong, lol so maybe it is, but whatever it has certanly proved a bargain, lol..
And that's a fair comparison to your "Christianity". Is it really Christianity? There isn't any way to know for sure. But the odds against it are phenomenal. But if it has anything to do with the 4th century perversion based on the Bible, then we can be purely certain that it's not "true Christianity".