Jump to topic:

If our life is only up to god's will..

Yves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:57:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm just beginner, started to believe him since few months ago.
But more I know him, there's more question inside me; I know he is the only one who can decide who'll live or die. so we can't artificially control it by wars or terror, through our judgement. But there's still dying children because of starvation, and disease. and are they all decided to die like that by god ? or if he didn't to help them live is his will to save them ? and the rest is not the plan ? I'm just so confused about this subject.

if save the children and the poor as possible as we can is his aim, why he just save all of them ? why someone should die and someone can live ? so is this mean dying is the best plan for someone , in his plan ? I'm wondering did I conclude it right.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:20:22 PM
At 11/17/2014 7:57:17 PM, Yves wrote:
But more I know him, there's more question inside me; I know he is the only one who can decide who'll live or die. so we can't artificially control it by wars or terror, through our judgement. But there's still dying children because of starvation, and disease. and are they all decided to die like that by god ? or if he didn't to help them live is his will to save them ? and the rest is not the plan ? I'm just so confused about this subject.

if save the children and the poor as possible as we can is his aim, why he just save all of them ? why someone should die and someone can live ? so is this mean dying is the best plan for someone , in his plan ? I'm wondering did I conclude it right.

And this is the dilemma. Most theists will tell you that God (whichever one you pray to) gave us all free will, so he is not responsible. Yet most of them will then turn around and thank him every time something goes right for them and even use it as evidence of his loving nature. It's a bafflingly contradictory belief.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:27:33 PM
No easy answer.

The free will defense gets demolished when you think about little kids who die of leukemia or anyone else that was never even given a chance to freely choose anything.

The only thing I can think of is that good always seems to come out of a bad situation in some way, shape, or form. We can't possibly know the reasons for why any suffering is necessary if at all necessary.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 10:25:33 PM

I've never related to the saying "It's in his plan". I might be wrong, but there is something sinister about a plan that requires suffering to fulfill it's purpose.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 10:33:55 PM

God created two ages. The first age that we're experiencing now was meant for God to teach us through the testimonies of us saints and prophets about who we are. From these testimonies, we learn that our first bodies we're using in this age will die. This age will end soon with a catastrophic ending when the whole earth begins to shake violently and the magma inside the earth melts the entire crust with everything on it. The next age that I like to call Paradise, is when we'll all experience life forever in our new bodies. We will speak one language and know that we're all in the mind of our invisible Creator and experiencing new visions and dreams.