Young Atheist v Christian Woman LOL

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 8:49:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Watch from [0:26 - 1:44]

This extreme Libertarian Atheist 18 year old gets into an argument with an ultra Conservative Christian woman about religion on Wife Swap. It's hilarious! His arguments were so lethal, she cried and walked away.

(Watch the rest of the video if you want to see his ultra Libertarian arguments leave the Conservative woman appalled and damaged, lol.)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:27:40 PM
"Jesus was a carpenter who talked a lot"

LOL!!
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:32:27 PM
At 5/3/2010 8:49:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

This extreme Libertarian Atheist 18 year old gets into an argument with an ultra Conservative Christian woman about religion on Wife Swap. It's hilarious! His arguments were so lethal, she cried and walked away.

(Watch the rest of the video if you want to see his ultra Libertarian arguments leave the Conservative woman appalled and damaged, lol.)

Making religious people cry isn't funny. I would never intentionally do that.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:41:56 PM
At 5/3/2010 9:32:27 PM, Freeman wrote:

yeah... but blind assertions along with overtones of contempt or pity can be rather tough not to reply to.

I wouldn't want to rip an old lady's fixed world out from under her... but if someone's trying to tell ME something... then I'll speak open and honest.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:44:29 PM
At 5/3/2010 9:41:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
then I'll speak open and honest.

Though perhaps a bit gentler than him...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:52:07 PM
Yeah, that wasn't too cool.

You don't just start bashing someone's most cherished and personal belief if you've just met them. I mean, DDO is different, because people knowingly come on here to debate. But in real life? That's just disrespectful.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 9:57:35 PM
yeah... but blind assertions along with overtones of contempt or pity can be rather tough not to reply to.

I think that's the thing. 18-year old liberals of this day and age are perfectly harmless, unless you exhibit herd philosophy and patronize them at the same time.

I still don't know how to handle a situation where a Christian tells me that he/she will "pray for me" >.>
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:06:32 PM

That's not really the target of the criticism. There are many religious people I have the utmost respect for. It was just her in general. She told him to do pushups.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:11:40 PM
lol that show is getting even more ridiculous/desperate.

i think they really struck gold with the god warrior lady though... doubt that moment can ever be surpassed...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:15:27 PM
At 5/3/2010 9:57:35 PM, Kleptin wrote:

I think that's the thing. 18-year old liberals of this day and age are perfectly harmless, unless you exhibit herd philosophy and patronize them at the same time.

I still don't know how to handle a situation where a Christian tells me that he/she will "pray for me" >.>

tell them you'd like a ferrari.
signature
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:17:33 PM
At 5/3/2010 10:15:27 PM, badger wrote:
tell them you'd like a ferrari.

LOL, I could imagine the conversation:

K: I'm not a Christian
C: I'll pray for you
K: Oh! Cool! I want a Ferrari, a new house, a jetski, a yacht, a..
C: God isn't like Santa Claus
K: Grow up :)

belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:20:19 PM
t 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:

^^wheres that from? lol
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:22:16 PM
At 5/3/2010 10:20:32 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Ah, good ole youth + arrogance.

Let us have our fun. To us, 20 years is a lifetime.

JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:24:45 PM
Wait... let me get this straight... so if I have a firm belief I've held all my life that there are gnomes in my washer that clean my clothes, and I come to you and tell you about this, and you ask me all sorts of questions I can't answer about the gnomes... eventually making me cry...

You're the bad person here? I bear no responsibility for bringing a view before others? I am blameless for my beliefs, no matter how ridiculous? My tears shouldn't give me some indication that there is something wrong with what I believe if it is so easily destroyed??

IMO, believers need to grow up and either actually believe with some backbone and be able to answer questions about what they believe or simply STFU and pray in their homes.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:27:01 PM
At 5/3/2010 10:24:45 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Wait... let me get this straight... so if I have a firm belief I've held all my life that there are gnomes in my washer that clean my clothes, and I come to you and tell you about this, and you ask me all sorts of questions I can't answer about the gnomes... eventually making me cry...

You're the bad person here? I bear no responsibility for bringing a view before others? I am blameless for my beliefs, no matter how ridiculous? My tears shouldn't give me some indication that there is something wrong with what I believe if it is so easily destroyed??

IMO, believers need to grow up and either actually believe with some backbone and be able to answer questions about what they believe or simply STFU and pray in their homes.

lol its not like the kid approached her with an argument. he just said HAHA GOD IS A LIE.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:28:31 PM
At 5/3/2010 10:11:40 PM, belle wrote:

This episode was one of the first Wife Swaps. (2007)
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:29:46 PM
At 5/3/2010 10:28:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/3/2010 10:11:40 PM, belle wrote:

This episode was one of the first Wife Swaps. (2007)

haha fair enough. it started off that way and maintained....
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:30:27 PM
I think she was crying for humanity more than having her feelings hurt.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 10:31:55 PM
Btw, I have a good friend who is just like the kid in the video. He's now 21, but in High School, he even talked to teachers like that. And still does, XD.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 11:18:07 PM

Let me also add that I doubt that was his intention. He was trying to have a discussion with her (albeit a bit heated) and get a point across. She couldn't handle the fact that he was blunt. Nothing he said was even personally insulting. He didn't call her fat and stupid. He was dismantling ideas. Not her.

You realize that you yourself have put forth argument's similar to Dan's (the young Atheist) right? Would you feel bad if your opponent started crying?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 1:57:38 AM

Haha, that guy was awesome. Interesting enough, I agreed with alot of the things he said.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 3:15:21 AM

Why not smile, maybe laugh an say thank you?

Seriously, you are an atheist right? You don't believe in God. You are confortable (if depressed) in your belief. A Christian offering to pray for you is not an attack on you as a person. They have decided to give up their time to help you. Admittedly you don't want their help and they are doing it for their own benefits, but it does not harm you in the slightest.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 11:26:25 AM
At 5/4/2010 3:15:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Seriously, you are an atheist right? You don't believe in God. You are confortable (if depressed) in your belief. A Christian offering to pray for you is not an attack on you as a person. They have decided to give up their time to help you. Admittedly you don't want their help and they are doing it for their own benefits, but it does not harm you in the slightest.

Would you smile and thank me if I told you I was going to help you by wasting my time?

Homeless man: I want a hamburger.
Christian: I'll pray for you.
Homeless man: How bout a freakin sandwich??

Cancer Patient: Ugh I don't feel too hot.
Cancer Patient: No, how bout you call the nurse you idiot!?!?

Person: My grandmother is in the hospital.
Christian: I'll pray for her.
Person: Um... how bout you send flowers and do something that will actually cheer her up??
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 11:34:38 AM
...Darn.

If a Christian feels God, then that's an Objective truth for them. I hope that all Christians are Hardheaded like Quakers.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 11:40:43 AM
At 5/3/2010 10:31:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Btw, I have a good friend who is just like the kid in the video. He's now 21, but in High School, he even talked to teachers like that. And still does, XD.

I guess that explains why he's 21 and still in high school :P
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 11:58:14 AM
At 5/4/2010 11:26:25 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 5/4/2010 3:15:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Would you smile and thank me if I told you I was going to help you by wasting my time?

Homeless man: I want a hamburger.
Homeless man: How bout a freakin sandwich??

Cancer Patient: Ugh I don't feel too hot.
Cancer Patient: No, how bout you call the nurse you idiot!?!?

Person: My grandmother is in the hospital.
Christian: I'll pray for her.
Person: Um... how bout you send flowers and do something that will actually cheer her up??

Three terrible analogies.
The homeless man wants food.
The cancer patient wants drugs.
The person with a grandmother has a person with a grandmother.

An ordinary person in an ordinary state should have no issue with someone praying for them. It shows that person cares.

For the same reason is your are bereaved and someone offers them your sympathy you take it, it does not do you any good whatsoever.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 12:07:51 PM
@Cerebral

It displays a level of arrogance when a believer tells a nonbeliever they'll pray for them. They're essentially saying that the nonbeliever is likely damned to Hell and that they'll try to persuade God (how humble to assume they could persuade God) to have pity on them.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 12:14:34 PM
At 5/4/2010 12:07:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@Cerebral

It displays a level of arrogance when a believer tells a nonbeliever they'll pray for them. They're essentially saying that the nonbeliever is likely damned to Hell and that they'll try to persuade God (how humble to assume they could persuade God) to have pity on them.

Arrogant, but also alturistic.

If you lost your wallet and I donned a pointy hat and offered to summon forth a demon to recover it would you be offended or just consider me a bit of a prat.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 12:26:22 PM
At 5/4/2010 11:58:14 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Three terrible analogies.
The homeless man wants food.
The cancer patient wants drugs.
The person with a grandmother has a person with a grandmother.

An ordinary person in an ordinary state should have no issue with someone praying for them. It shows that person cares.

An ordinary person in an ordinary state has no need to be prayed for. The presumption that they DO need to be prayed for is a presumption of iniquity or wrongdoing or misfortune on the part of the theist.

For the same reason is your are bereaved and someone offers them your sympathy you take it, it does not do you any good whatsoever.

Sympathy makes you feel better about your situation and serves a legitimate function of solidarity. Praying, on the other hand, does absolutely nothing for the atheist, and may in fact irritate them.