Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Perception

EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...
Romans 12
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The material mindset is looking for things in the physical, it can't perceive beyond that so it becomes stagnant and has no desire to culminate it just becomes satisfied by itself and the illusion it creates. To be "christian" one moves away from the flesh and into the spirit, that's what makes a person Christian it becomes a conscious choice, a conscious mindset, to seek God in spirit. A person cannot receive things of the spirit by adopting or maintaining a material mindset, one must move away from that to gain the knowledge of God and to receive by spirit or discern spiritual reality.
"What a man thinks, so he is".

It's the Spirit of God that engages our spirit, this is why Theists do not rely on physical evidence to have belief in God, our perception is spiritual not physical likewise as Christians our relation with God is spiritual, it cannot be confined or controlled by the flesh it is the Spirit of God that beareth witness within us.

1 Corinthians 2
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Corinthians 10
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...

<Useless biblical nonsense snipped for character limitation>

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).

Visual Perception: Eyes (Organ)
Scent Perception: Olifactory (Organ)
Flavor Perception: Olifactory and Tongue taset buds (Organs)
Auditory Perception: Ear (Organ)
Contact Perception (Touch): Nerve Sensors and skin (Organs)

All senses processed by CPU: Brain (Organ)

Please tell us which organ is used for "spiritual perception?" I am unaware of any "spiritual" organ in the human body...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 7:58:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.

Sorry, but until you explain exactly what "Spiritual Perception" is all about, your claims are irrelevant and all you manage to accomplish is to present delusion.

This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

Baloney. Theistic views are not being prevented by a material mindset, try to be honest. It is theistic claims of the supernatural that are argued with reason and logic and the demonstration of hard evidence, of which you have none for so-called spiritual perception.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...

<Useless biblical nonsense snipped for character limitation>

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).

Visual Perception: Eyes (Organ)
Scent Perception: Olifactory (Organ)
Flavor Perception: Olifactory and Tongue taset buds (Organs)
Auditory Perception: Ear (Organ)
Contact Perception (Touch): Nerve Sensors and skin (Organs)

All senses processed by CPU: Brain (Organ)

Please tell us which organ is used for "spiritual perception?" I am unaware of any "spiritual" organ in the human body...

The Human spirit is not an organ lol, your spirit inside you recognizes spiritual reality just like your physical body perceives the natural world, it's not a physical construct I feel like a broken record repeating the same things, spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature. When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 11:07:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...

<Useless biblical nonsense snipped for character limitation>

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).

Visual Perception: Eyes (Organ)
Scent Perception: Olifactory (Organ)
Flavor Perception: Olifactory and Tongue taset buds (Organs)
Auditory Perception: Ear (Organ)
Contact Perception (Touch): Nerve Sensors and skin (Organs)

All senses processed by CPU: Brain (Organ)

Please tell us which organ is used for "spiritual perception?" I am unaware of any "spiritual" organ in the human body...

The Human spirit is not an organ lol, your spirit inside you recognizes spiritual reality just like your physical body perceives the natural world, it's not a physical construct I feel like a broken record repeating the same things,

You are repeating the same things, and you keep making the same critical mistake. You are stating, axiomatically, things for which you have never even provided any evidence. There is no "spirit world," and there is no human "spirit." Thousands of years of belief do not make it so. Show that there is a spirit. Then (and only then) can you begin to identify its properties, characteristics, and repeatable truths about it. Not before.

spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature.

Anything that cannot even be detected cannot "impact" anything.

When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.

One has to be aware of something, before it can be "nurtured." This spiritual "woowoo" may sound deep and profound, but there is no indication that it even exists. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. That someone "feels" or "experiences" something that cannot be explained does not automatically lend credence to the clerics and mystics that attempted to use the spirit world to establish their deities to explain the world around them that was so confusing and frightening. Not one person has ever even made it beyond the initial qualifying round of Dr. James Randi's million dollar offer... EVERY SINGLE applicant has failed to demonstrate any spiritual/ethereal/supernatural claim that has ever been brought to his foundation.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 5:43:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 11:07:47 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...

<Useless biblical nonsense snipped for character limitation>

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).

Visual Perception: Eyes (Organ)
Scent Perception: Olifactory (Organ)
Flavor Perception: Olifactory and Tongue taset buds (Organs)
Auditory Perception: Ear (Organ)
Contact Perception (Touch): Nerve Sensors and skin (Organs)

All senses processed by CPU: Brain (Organ)

Please tell us which organ is used for "spiritual perception?" I am unaware of any "spiritual" organ in the human body...

The Human spirit is not an organ lol, your spirit inside you recognizes spiritual reality just like your physical body perceives the natural world, it's not a physical construct I feel like a broken record repeating the same things,

You are repeating the same things, and you keep making the same critical mistake. You are stating, axiomatically, things for which you have never even provided any evidence. There is no "spirit world," and there is no human "spirit." Thousands of years of belief do not make it so. Show that there is a spirit. Then (and only then) can you begin to identify its properties, characteristics, and repeatable truths about it. Not before.

Wrong, I can make any statement I wish about something I have knowledge of, just because you have no knowledge or understanding does not make anything I say false, I told you time and time again I cannot "show" you there is a spirit, how could I possibly do that? I can only offer my own testimony not some kind of physical proof.

spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature.

Anything that cannot even be detected cannot "impact" anything.

Except for a spirit, or spiritual force, and how would you know that anyway? You are a materialist.

When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.

One has to be aware of something, before it can be "nurtured." This spiritual "woowoo" may sound deep and profound, but there is no indication that it even exists. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. That someone "feels" or "experiences" something that cannot be explained does not automatically lend credence to the clerics and mystics that attempted to use the spirit world to establish their deities to explain the world around them that was so confusing and frightening. Not one person has ever even made it beyond the initial qualifying round of Dr. James Randi's million dollar offer... EVERY SINGLE applicant has failed to demonstrate any spiritual/ethereal/supernatural claim that has ever been brought to his foundation.

And what is so "confusing and frightening"?
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 6:14:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 5:43:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

You are repeating the same things, and you keep making the same critical mistake. You are stating, axiomatically, things for which you have never even provided any evidence. There is no "spirit world," and there is no human "spirit." Thousands of years of belief do not make it so. Show that there is a spirit. Then (and only then) can you begin to identify its properties, characteristics, and repeatable truths about it. Not before.

Wrong, I can make any statement I wish about something I have knowledge of, just because you have no knowledge or understanding does not make anything I say false, I told you time and time again I cannot "show" you there is a spirit, how could I possibly do that? I can only offer my own testimony not some kind of physical proof.

Your "testimony" may be valid and accepted in a court of law but, in the court of reality, knowledge, and science, it's the LEAST reliable "evidence." There is no way to obtain "knowledge" of that which cannot even be shown to exist (in any manner). Belief and knowledge are not the same, and it's high time believers dealt with that cruel reality. We also have the "testimony" of Peter Poppoff, who "healed" so many of his VICTIMS, before Dr. James Randi intercepted wireless communications to "Petie," from his co-conspiratorial thief skank, Mrs. Poppoff. Testimony and individual "experience" are meaningless, in this context.

spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature.

Anything that cannot even be detected cannot "impact" anything.

Except for a spirit, or spiritual force, and how would you know that anyway? You are a materialist.

No, I'm not a materialist. I know, because I've been duped, as well. What "impact" can a spirit have on the physical world (of which your body is a part), which it can't reach?

One has to be aware of something, before it can be "nurtured." This spiritual "woowoo" may sound deep and profound, but there is no indication that it even exists. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. That someone "feels" or "experiences" something that cannot be explained does not automatically lend credence to the clerics and mystics that attempted to use the spirit world to establish their deities to explain the world around them that was so confusing and frightening. Not one person has ever even made it beyond the initial qualifying round of Dr. James Randi's million dollar offer... EVERY SINGLE applicant has failed to demonstrate any spiritual/ethereal/supernatural claim that has ever been brought to his foundation.

And what is so "confusing and frightening"?

What was "confusing" for them were the things that happened that they couldn't really explain (thunder/lightning, volcanoes, freak storms, eclipses, comets/asteroids, rainbows)... You know, the things that we can COMPLETELY explain, today. In fact, many of the things that confused those people can be explained, in scientific detail, by a junior high school student, provided that student has paid average attention, in class. All those "confusing" things were "frightening" because they had no control over them, never knew when they would happen, and were ill prepared for them when they did. As more things have been explained by scientific inquiry, we've arrived at a point where Dr. Tyson can say (with great confidence and accuracy), "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance."
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 6:48:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Perception ,"the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something.
"The act or faculty of perceiving, or apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding."

Spiritual perception is key in Christianity and understanding about the Spirit of God. However spiritual perception needs development and growth, it takes change and discernment to see and hear passed what we see in the physical and begin to view things from the perspective of God.
This is where the material mindset clashes with Theistic views, it prevents the understanding of what we perceive beyond the physical. By adopting that mindset it automatically shuts down any further knowledge and the barrier is set in place. The theistic mindset removes that barrier and allows for a deeper and broader system of knowledge.

How many Atheists were raised Christian? Being raised "Christian" does not make one a Christian, it's what's in the mind and in the lifestyle. Even a person who was raised in a christian environment can still possess a material mindset, and if that mindset becomes a stronghold that person could very well consciously decide Atheism, to become a christian that barrier must be removed and replaced, the mind must be renewed...

<Useless biblical nonsense snipped for character limitation>

Anyways my point here is to clarify the foundation of Christian beliefs and that foundation is spiritual, which is why we are able to maintain belief in God despite the lack of scientific findings, science does not determine the outcome of our beliefs, our perception and mindset are different in our approach at examining what is true (for anyone who may be curious).

Visual Perception: Eyes (Organ)
Scent Perception: Olifactory (Organ)
Flavor Perception: Olifactory and Tongue taset buds (Organs)
Auditory Perception: Ear (Organ)
Contact Perception (Touch): Nerve Sensors and skin (Organs)

All senses processed by CPU: Brain (Organ)

Please tell us which organ is used for "spiritual perception?" I am unaware of any "spiritual" organ in the human body...

The Human spirit is not an organ lol, your spirit inside you recognizes spiritual reality just like your physical body perceives the natural world, it's not a physical construct I feel like a broken record repeating the same things, spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature. When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.

Spiritualism is a state of mind that is brought on by our psychological reactions to external and internal stimuli. All of the emotions that we feel are just that. There is no proof of spiritual sensory, however there is very much that is understood about the inner workings of the human brain. Love, as amazing as it feels, is simply a state of mind. Fear is a state of mind. These emotions mold our perceived experiences of the world around us.

From the atheist perception, we accept that all of our feelings are a state of mind. Does that put a dampener on love? Not really, it's the experience that counts. Does it save us from heartbreak, fear, loss? No. We simply accept that these things are a part of the experience of life and we overcome them when our psyche allows us to move on.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 10:15:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

The Human spirit is not an organ lol, your spirit inside you recognizes spiritual reality just like your physical body perceives the natural world, it's not a physical construct I feel like a broken record repeating the same things, spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature. When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.

It's hilarious how you keep contradicting yourself by saying something is there and then say it's not.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 10:21:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/21/2014 5:43:07 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/21/2014 11:07:47 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/21/2014 9:42:49 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/19/2014 7:57:07 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/19/2014 6:12:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Wrong, I can make any statement I wish about something I have knowledge of, just because you have no knowledge or understanding does not make anything I say false, I told you time and time again I cannot "show" you there is a spirit, how could I possibly do that? I can only offer my own testimony not some kind of physical proof.

spiritual things are not physical! though spiritual things may impact the physical they are not material in nature.

Anything that cannot even be detected cannot "impact" anything.

Except for a spirit, or spiritual force, and how would you know that anyway? You are a materialist.

Invoking the "I am special and you are not" clause does not help your argument in any way. You are missing the point entirely of the fact that if anything affects our physical world, it must be physical in nature. So, if the spiritual can have an effect on our world and us, it would have to become physical in nature, even for a short time. It is this time that we should be able to detect something, yet nothing has ever been detected.

When the spirit is nourished and culminated the spirit inside you will begin to pick up or discern spiritual things, it's an awareness, the more your spirit is developed the more you will know and experience.

Unfortunately, you have just decimated your own argument by attempting to tell us something about spirits, which you couldn't possibly know unless they were physical.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth