Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Satanism

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 1:16:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 9:03:53 AM, Hunter695 wrote:
Satanism is a good moral religion, and those that say otherwise haven't done any research on it.

I agree that it's morals are pretty good when it comes to independence and freedom. One of my colleagues and awesome friend is a Satanist and we also like discussing religion. He is very moral and has very similar Christian morals to me. People do tend to judge the book. They stop at the name of Satanism, but don't bother reading more into it. I believe in a God, but I already accept I can't be like him. I have Jesus as a role model for freedom and independence since I believe his self sacrifice was to let us be free from a corrupt system that was hypocritical in religion. May sound fallacious of me to say this, but it's how I see Jesus and what I believe about other humans. We make mistakes, but we should be forgiven for this mistakes at some point in time.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 1:19:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 9:03:53 AM, Hunter695 wrote:
Satanism is a good moral religion, and those that say otherwise haven't done any research on it.
What kind of Satanism are you talking about? Leveyan, or literal worship of the Biblical deity?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 1:27:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 1:19:38 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 11/19/2014 9:03:53 AM, Hunter695 wrote:
Satanism is a good moral religion, and those that say otherwise haven't done any research on it.
What kind of Satanism are you talking about? Leveyan, or literal worship of the Biblical deity?

Most likely Leveyan, the original purpose. Theistic Satanism wasn't the original purpose of Satanism. Satanism is just atheism, but uses figures as allegorical means of metaphors.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 7:03:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 1:27:34 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 11/19/2014 1:19:38 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 11/19/2014 9:03:53 AM, Hunter695 wrote:
Satanism is a good moral religion, and those that say otherwise haven't done any research on it.
What kind of Satanism are you talking about? Leveyan, or literal worship of the Biblical deity?

Most likely Leveyan, the original purpose. Theistic Satanism wasn't the original purpose of Satanism. Satanism is just atheism, but uses figures as allegorical means of metaphors.
Leveyan Satanism didn't arrive until the late 50's to early sixties depending on when Anton Levey actually started that religion. So it's very doubtful that Leveyan Satanism is any kind of original purpose. Basically, Leveyan Satanism is not real Satanism. It's more along the lines of theatrical humanism. It's humanism using Satan as an allegorical figure (actually a force), and dressing it in a dark image with stronger references to things like pleasure indulgence, and revenge.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:21:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 1:16:52 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
They stop at the name of Satanism, but don't bother reading more into it.

Though I am thoroughly an atheist, and often enough on this forum I put forth Lucifer, that Angel of Light as seemingly being a better guy than the God of the OT...

I can certainly understand christians, and anyone else, simply thinking satanism is either
A) Evil
or
B) a petty parody of what people believe.

since it is a petty parody

There might be good reason to point out the ridiculousness of certain christian ideas...
But there's no good reason to actively, and seriously, define yourself as a Satanist.

the name is Petty.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:23:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/20/2014 7:03:12 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 11/19/2014 1:27:34 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 11/19/2014 1:19:38 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 11/19/2014 9:03:53 AM, Hunter695 wrote:
Satanism is a good moral religion, and those that say otherwise haven't done any research on it.
What kind of Satanism are you talking about? Leveyan, or literal worship of the Biblical deity?

Most likely Leveyan, the original purpose. Theistic Satanism wasn't the original purpose of Satanism. Satanism is just atheism, but uses figures as allegorical means of metaphors.
Leveyan Satanism didn't arrive until the late 50's to early sixties depending on when Anton Levey actually started that religion. So it's very doubtful that Leveyan Satanism is any kind of original purpose. Basically, Leveyan Satanism is not real Satanism. It's more along the lines of theatrical humanism. It's humanism using Satan as an allegorical figure (actually a force), and dressing it in a dark image with stronger references to things like pleasure indulgence, and revenge.

Either way, they would rather identify a satanist. Is a baptist, Methodist, arminia, Calvinist or catholic christian?
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:23:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/20/2014 8:21:02 AM, mortsdor wrote:
There might be good reason to point out the ridiculousness of certain christian ideas...
But there's no good reason to actively, and seriously, define yourself as a Satanist.

the name is Petty.

note, I'm not saying their beliefs are petty, I'm saying the name is.

I've not really looked into what claimed 'satanists' believe