Should Christians keep the Sabbath?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 7:25:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/20/2014 4:49:51 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I think they should. God did not command a change in Sabbath worship.

Only God's saints understand what the Sabbath day rest means. The religious Jews and some Christians thought it was a day of the week that they need to rest from their work and worship their deities ( imaginary gods named the god of Abraham or Jesus ).

We saints know that once we're born of God, that we will be in God's Sabbath day rest forever.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 9:42:40 PM

Literally vast numbers OT teachings have been altered or ignored within Christianity--so why should they keep the Shabbat? (Sabbath). The Christian worship day in Sunday; you can "thank" Roman adoption for that.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 9:52:41 PM

I don't think it should be kept as strictly as some would have it. Should you take a day to contemplate your week and give glory to God? Yes. Should you lay around and be a tard for the sake of the Sabbath? No.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:05:58 PM
At 11/20/2014 7:25:26 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Only God's saints understand what the Sabbath day rest means. The religious Jews and some Christians thought it was a day of the week that they need to rest from their work and worship their deities ( imaginary gods named the god of Abraham or Jesus ).

We saints know that once we're born of God, that we will be in God's Sabbath day rest forever.
Amen. I love the Sabbath.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:11:28 PM
At 11/20/2014 10:05:58 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

All God's people will enjoy the Sabbath day rest in the next age. We'll never be deceived with religion and science again.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:12:29 PM
At 11/20/2014 9:42:40 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Literally vast numbers OT teachings have been altered or ignored within Christianity--so why should they keep the Shabbat? (Sabbath). The Christian worship day in Sunday; you can "thank" Roman adoption for that.

I am a Christian and I keep the Sabbathbecause the Sunday law was not instiuted by God.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:13:14 PM
At 11/20/2014 9:52:41 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I don't think it should be kept as strictly as some would have it. Should you take a day to contemplate your week and give glory to God? Yes. Should you lay around and be a tard for the sake of the Sabbath? No.

Agreed.
SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:15:21 PM
At 11/20/2014 10:11:28 PM, bornofgod wrote:

All God's people will enjoy the Sabbath day rest in the next age. We'll never be deceived with religion and science again.

Science is a gift from God to help us learn more about Him.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:23:09 PM
At 11/20/2014 10:15:21 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
At 11/20/2014 10:11:28 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science is a gift from God to help us learn more about Him.

You're right my friend. God used physicists to find His consciousness, also known as the mind of God where we all came from and what us saints were used to testify from. We saints were the only one's in this world who were taught directly by our Creator and learned everything God wanted us to know before He destroys this world. Now we can all rest forever without anymore questions. We'll be living the answer in the next age and the answer is God and His thoughts where we exist.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 6:34:42 AM
At 11/20/2014 10:12:29 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

I am a Christian and I keep the Sabbathbecause the Sunday law was not instiuted by God.

Yeah, there's a lot of things *not* instituted by G-d in Christianity.

You worship the wrong Messiah, for starters.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 6:39:04 AM

Actually the commandment is to observe the Shabbat--and it has nothing to do with "being tard" (is that even a word?). Many religious Jews spend much time in the synagogue worshipping G-d on this day.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 7:32:26 AM
At 11/21/2014 6:39:04 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Actually the commandment is to observe the Shabbat--and it has nothing to do with "being tard" (is that even a word?). Many religious Jews spend much time in the synagogue worshipping G-d on this day.

I'm aware of what the commandment is. I know people who won't even look up a fact on the Sabbath and they take it too far in my opinion.

Why do you spell God G-d?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 8:46:18 AM
At 11/21/2014 7:32:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I'm aware of what the commandment is. I know people who won't even look up a fact on the Sabbath and they take it too far in my opinion.

Maybe Christians do, as it doesn't exactly apply to them. But the OT clearly states that the Shabbat is to be observed.

There's no vowels in Hebrew. It's also because of another commandment received by Moses: to not recognise other false "gods" and to prevent the degrading of His (G-ds) name. By not writing it fully; no one can destroy it. Moreover, it's a form of respect.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:09:27 AM
At 11/21/2014 8:46:18 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Maybe Christians do, as it doesn't exactly apply to them. But the OT clearly states that the Shabbat is to be observed.

There's no vowels in Hebrew. It's also because of another commandment received by Moses: to not recognise other false "gods" and to prevent the degrading of His (G-ds) name. By not writing it fully; no one can destroy it. Moreover, it's a form of respect.

Erh... right. But you do know that God's name isn't really God right? God is a moniker for his name already.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:38:57 AM
At 11/21/2014 9:09:27 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/21/2014 8:46:18 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Erh... right. But you do know that God's name isn't really God right? God is a moniker for his name already.

You asked for an explanation--you got it. In Hebrew G-d actually has many names; or rather "terms", so of course I know that.

SitaraMusica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:45:33 PM
At 11/21/2014 6:34:42 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/20/2014 10:12:29 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:

Yeah, there's a lot of things *not* instituted by G-d in Christianity.

You worship the wrong Messiah, for starters.

I agree.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 5:54:22 AM
Colossians 2: 16; So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about Holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. All such things are but the shadow of things to come in the future, etc.

Paul states that the seventh day Sabbath was but a shadow of what lays in the future.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it."

Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day, we are almost at the close of the sixth period of one thousand years or the sixth day from the first day in which Adam died at the age of 930. Soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, and the Sabbath, which is the seventh period of one thousand years, is the day of the Lord, the one thousand years in which Christ will rule the whole world with Justice.

Acts 17: 31; For he has fixed a day, (the Great Sabbath, The Day of the Lord) (The seventh period of one thousand years from Adam) in which He "Our Lord God and Saviour" will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

All who survive the great time of tribulation, will keep the true Sabbath of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 6:08:19 AM
When were the days of the week determined and named?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin