Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is Christianity Really Moral Perfection?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 7:52:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/20/2014 7:46:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Christianity consists of people who do not listen to the voice of the Lord or obey His commandments. They believe in the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" as being something real.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 10:59:12 PM

Obviously no. There is no moral perfection in human beings what soever. But we can be as good as we want to be when given the opportunity. As for those crazy fanatics in that video, well, stupid is as stupid does.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 11:12:26 PM
Those people are about half a step away from wanting to kill the pubescent male for flushing a tissue with viable human cells on it.

Religion takes the good out of morality, and replaces it with barbaric insanity... "in the name of God!"
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:48:37 AM

After this smarmy and dishonest post, we also know that moral perfection isn't anywhere near you either.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 9:38:45 PM
At 11/24/2014 11:48:37 AM, ethang5 wrote:

After this smarmy and dishonest post, we also know that moral perfection isn't anywhere near you either.

Give me a moral quiz.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 9:48:44 PM
I literally do not recall having EVER seen you post something supportive of Christianity. Level with me: are you a concern troll? You can admit it to me in the privacy of a PM if you wish. I won't tell.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 9:53:59 PM
Who the hell said Christianity was ever "moral perfection"? If someone says that then that's just ridiculous; there is no "perfect moral system". Morals are subjective to the individual.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:01:05 PM
At 11/24/2014 9:48:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I literally do not recall having EVER seen you post something supportive of Christianity. Level with me: are you a concern troll? You can admit it to me in the privacy of a PM if you wish. I won't tell.

I was trying to make a pro Christianity post, but it took away all my work after a crash. So I am going to do one because I do like to try and convert atheists by sharing my view at how the Christian faith works.

I support Christianity, but not the people who try to poison it. If you are a caring Christian, you point out the errors.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:03:19 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:01:05 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I was trying to make a pro Christianity post, but it took away all my work after a crash. So I am going to do one because I do like to try and convert atheists by sharing my view at how the Christian faith works.

I support Christianity, but not the people who try to poison it. If you are a caring Christian, you point out the errors.

I didn't see the video, but as Ethang5 got offended by your video, I'm guessing that it was critical of Christianity.
I'm referring to your usual set of posts, not just this thread.

The DDO Blog:

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:08:43 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:03:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I didn't see the video, but as Ethang5 got offended by your video, I'm guessing that it was critical of Christianity.

The video is about the Army of God: A Christian terrorist organization that was notorious for bombing abortion clinics and shooting abortion doctors. These people used the bible to justify their actions and say if people don't join, they are disobeying God's word. Some claimed to have received a message from God to kill abortion doctors.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:31:34 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:08:43 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

The video is about the Army of God: A Christian terrorist organization that was notorious for bombing abortion clinics and shooting abortion doctors. These people used the bible to justify their actions and say if people don't join, they are disobeying God's word. Some claimed to have received a message from God to kill abortion doctors.

I disagree with their actions...to an extent.
Their actions are not saving the lives of anyone, as the death clinics, er, uh, I mean abortion clinics, can simply hire more doctors. If killing an abortion doctor were to save multiple lives, I'd have less of a problem with what they were doing.

The DDO Blog:

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:32:49 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:31:34 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Their actions are not saving the lives of anyone, as the death clinics, er, uh, I mean abortion clinics, can simply hire more doctors. If killing an abortion doctor were to save multiple lives, I'd have less of a problem with what they were doing.

So it actually feels better if you think their killing can do good? THEY ARE PRETENDING TO BE JUDGES AND GODS!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:35:06 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:32:49 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

So it actually feels better if you think their killing can do good? THEY ARE PRETENDING TO BE JUDGES AND GODS!

Their killing is not accomplishing anything at all other than to kill people. No lives are saved. Thus, they are doing wrong, as their actions do not produce any good fruit to justify what they do.

The DDO Blog:

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:35:58 PM

And there we have it.
Another god believer who believes he's god.
Join up with the army of god and prove how morally bankrupt you are.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:39:21 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:35:58 PM, bulproof wrote:

And there we have it.

It's the trolley scenario at its best. It's pointless to push the fat man onto the tracks if none of the trolley passengers are saved from death as a result.
However, if killing an abortion doctor were to save many fetuses who'd later be born and live their lives, well, I'd have less of a problem with said murder.

The DDO Blog:

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:53:26 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:39:21 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

And there we have it.

It's the trolley scenario at its best. It's pointless to push the fat man onto the tracks if none of the trolley passengers are saved from death as a result.
However, if killing an abortion doctor were to save many fetuses who'd later be born and live their lives, well, I'd have less of a problem with said murder.

So you want to give those fetuses a chance to go to hell? How terribly kind of you, because surely all the aborted fetuses would go straight to heaven, why do you want to prevent that from happening?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:54:30 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:53:26 PM, bulproof wrote:

And there we have it.

So you want to give those fetuses a chance to go to hell? How terribly kind of you, because surely all the aborted fetuses would go straight to heaven, why do you want to prevent that from happening?

Well, thanks for clearing up the misconception that atheists actually understand Christianity.

The DDO Blog:

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:06:24 PM
At 11/24/2014 10:54:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/24/2014 10:53:26 PM, bulproof wrote:

And there we have it.

Well, thanks for clearing up the misconception that atheists actually understand Christianity.

Are you saying that the soul of the fetus doesn't go to heaven?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:17:02 PM

Not sure I understand the question.

Christians are far from perfect, so they definitely aren't an example of anything perfect.

Morality is for unrighteous sinful beings so I can't see it being ever intended to create morally perfect people...

Can you bring this question to a more specific point?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:24:45 PM
At 11/24/2014 11:17:02 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Morality is for unrighteous sinful beings

Morality is a system devised by humans to assist in the creation and maintenance of human communities thus improving the survival chances of the human species.
It seems to have worked too well.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:29:14 PM
At 11/24/2014 11:24:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

Morality is a system devised by humans to assist in the creation and maintenance of human communities thus improving the survival chances of the human species.

No, when humans have their hands in morality it all becomes gray. The secondary cause of the pain and suffering in the world is due to humans devised system of morality... and it actually sucks, imo.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:30:25 PM
At 11/24/2014 11:29:14 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

No, when humans have their hands in morality it all becomes gray. The secondary cause of the pain and suffering in the world is due to humans devised system of morality... and it actually sucks, imo.

So where do you think morality originates?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:07:49 AM
At 11/24/2014 11:30:25 PM, bulproof wrote:

Sin.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:10:46 AM
At 11/25/2014 12:07:49 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Sin.

Sin is an abstract concept also created by man.
So your claim is just nonsensical, morality existed long before the concept of sin was invented.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 12:58:57 AM
At 11/25/2014 12:10:46 AM, bulproof wrote:

Sin.

Why do you think that?

So your claim is just nonsensical, morality existed long before the concept of sin was invented.

How do you know this?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:02:24 AM
At 11/25/2014 12:58:57 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Sin.

Why do you think that?

How do you know this?

By reading about things that are real. I stopped reading and believing in fairy tales long before puberty, maybe you should try it.
BTW what sin creates what subjective moral imperative?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:05:32 AM

Sin.

Why do you think that?

Define sin and you will know, well probably not, but at least try.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:09:04 AM
At 11/25/2014 1:02:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

Sin.

Why do you think that?

How do you know this?

By reading about things that are real. I stopped reading and believing in fairy tales long before puberty, maybe you should try it.

Reading is cool, but how do you know its real? Have you ever seen Good WIll Hunting?

BTW what sin creates what subjective moral imperative?

The first sin I recognize; disobeying God for the knowledge of Good and Evil. There was no morality before then.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:09:56 AM
At 11/25/2014 1:05:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

Sin.

Why do you think that?

Define sin and you will know, well probably not, but at least try.

A transgression of Gods divine Law...but you knew I'd answer that way, soooo what gives?