Jump to topic:

mormon sterotypes

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 10:15:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
In class people were asked to list stereotypes of mormons. I was wondering what are some of the sterotypes out their as my classmates unfortunatly did not have many. Note that I will not refute or debate points on this thread but if you have a question please feel free to PM me or ask me on my profile.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 10:19:55 AM
At 5/5/2010 10:15:58 AM, Kahvan wrote:
In class people were asked to list stereotypes of mormons. I was wondering what are some of the sterotypes out their as my classmates unfortunatly did not have many. Note that I will not refute or debate points on this thread but if you have a question please feel free to PM me or ask me on my profile.

Are you asking us to list stereotypes of mormons? Does this thread have a point?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 11:52:43 AM
http://www.yoism.org...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 11:56:03 AM
Brown or dark skin is a curse from God.
God had sex with Mary. (Well, same true for Christianity)
Garden of Eden was in Missouri.
Yahweh lives on another planet in outer space.
Indians are a lost tribe of Israel.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 12:06:56 PM
mormon sterotypes

See: Mitt Romney.

At 5/5/2010 10:20:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
Coming up to my house unprepared.

That's Jehovah Witnesses.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 1:03:44 PM
At 5/5/2010 10:19:55 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Are you asking us to list stereotypes of mormons?
Hey, look! the Pedo caveman can read!

Does this thread have a point?
and almost understand it!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 1:05:04 PM
Mormons think girls go to hell if there not married.

and your not saved by grace alone belief.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 1:07:17 PM
dude wtf? thats just unnecessary. its not even funny....

anyways, though, magic underwear was mine. i also remember hearing somewhere that you're anti-caffeine- how do you live? o.O
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 1:14:48 PM
At 5/5/2010 1:03:44 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 5/5/2010 10:19:55 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Are you asking us to list stereotypes of mormons?
Hey, look! the Pedo caveman can read!

Who is judged more harshly, the person who was never converted or the apostate who knowingly stands against God?

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 1:41:39 PM
At 5/5/2010 1:40:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
There should a thread for muslim stereotypes. Nah, I already know what will come up. Terrorism, beating women, etc.

lol random guy on the street asked me that once for some TV program and i said terrorist and he was like HOLY SH*T... apparantly most people are hesitant to admit they are aware of such stereotypes :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 4:50:36 PM
Random stereotype from me: most Mormon "missonaries" (if that is what they call themselves) I have met are ridiculously good at foreign languages.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 5:36:19 PM
mormons are silly ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 6:40:07 PM
Whenever I hear or see the word "Mormon" or the phrase "Church of Latter Day Saints" I automatically think of polygamy :) , Brigham Young, and Utah.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 7:29:55 PM
Let's don't forget that Mormons believe that Jesus is an Alien. hahaha
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 8:31:59 PM
At 5/5/2010 7:29:55 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

So do Christians. Jesus isn't from Earth, and thus is an extraterrestrial being by definition.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 9:59:34 PM
At 5/5/2010 8:31:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So do Christians. Jesus isn't from Earth, and thus is an extraterrestrial being by definition.

10/10
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 4:40:26 AM

Impeccably clean and tidy..
Somewhat surly.. (especially when you tell them they are in a cult!)
Somewhat precocious.. (and no wonder, as they are made 'Elders' when still teenagers)
The Cross.. the Cross.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 11:51:48 AM

Jesus is from Heaven so He is not from this world. Jesus Himself has admitted that He is not from this world.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 4:06:36 AM
At 5/11/2010 11:51:48 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Jesus is from Heaven so He is not from this world. Jesus Himself has admitted that He is not from this world.

I guess 'different dimension' ( "I am from above, you're from below" ) would be closer..
The Cross.. the Cross.