Jump to topic:

The 10 Commandments translated

Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:40:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me- "Don't pursue your dreams or YOU DIE"

2. Thou shalt not make graven images- "Hey kids! no art! Abolish art class in schools! Don't be creative! Cerativity is evil!"

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy God in vain- "Don't speak out against me! I am your commie overlord! I've killed your pesky enemies and guaranteed you eternal life! I even gave up my own son for you and this is how you repay me!?

4. Remember the sabbath and keep it holy- "Lose your job and go broke for an imaginary being such as myself."

5.Honor they father and mother- "Don't confront your parents for brainwashing you"

6. Thou shalt not kill- "Don't try to stop ISIS or Al-Qaeda, and yet try to find a cure for ebola."

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery- "Don't divorce your spouse, even if they're abusive, mean, narcissistic, selfish, or just generally an @$$hole"

8. Thou shalt not steal- "Don't confiscate something from your kids if they abuse it."

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness- "Don't sue my people for-

murder, child abuse, mental abuse, their kids' death due to their belief in my healing power, ectremism, lying, or anything in general. Don't question the dogma."

10. Thou shalt not covet- "Don't want something. It will just take your eyes off of me"
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:49:38 PM
I could refute each one of your petty "translations" if doing so would be of any meaningful good. Most of your mis-translations issue from misunderstandings of terms--and a generally spiteful and obnoxious tendency on your part to abuse that which is holy. No offence (if you would otherwise be offended).
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:51:03 PM
At 11/22/2014 8:49:38 PM, james14 wrote:
I could refute each one of your petty "translations" if doing so would be of any meaningful good. Most of your mis-translations issue from misunderstandings of terms--and a generally spiteful and obnoxious tendency on your part to abuse that which is holy. No offence (if you would otherwise be offended).

I'm not honestly %100 sure about all this. I'm just trolling.
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:52:43 PM
Oh. Have fun being obnoxious, then.

*snort and turns away in contempt*

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:57:47 PM
At 11/22/2014 8:40:49 PM, Gaming_Debater wrote:
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me- "Don't pursue your dreams or YOU DIE"

I believe the spear tip of this command is don't worship yourself; you're logic, reason, ability.

2. Thou shalt not make graven images- "Hey kids! no art! Abolish art class in schools! Don't be creative! Cerativity is evil!"

Don't worship anything I've created, over me, God, the creator.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy God in vain- "Don't speak out against me! I am your commie overlord! I've killed your pesky enemies and guaranteed you eternal life! I even gave up my own son for you and this is how you repay me!?

You're gonna use my name as profanity? Seriously? of all the disrespect...

4. Remember the sabbath and keep it holy- "Lose your job and go broke for an imaginary being such as myself."

You think money, or your boss controls what happens to you? If they aren't willing to allow you 1 day for worship.. dump em.

5.Honor they father and mother- "Don't confront your parents for brainwashing you"

They may be sinners, but so are you. Remember, that I made them you're parents for a reason.

6. Thou shalt not kill- "Don't try to stop ISIS or Al-Qaeda, and yet try to find a cure for ebola."

Correction, thou shall not "murder".

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery- "Don't divorce your spouse, even if they're abusive, mean, narcissistic, selfish, or just generally an @$$hole"

If you make covenant with me, understand what it means-- love him/her more than yourself, just as I've laid my life down for you, lay yours down for him/her.

8. Thou shalt not steal- "Don't confiscate something from your kids if they abuse it."

If it doesn't belong to you, don't take it without permission.

murder, child abuse, mental abuse, their kids' death due to their belief in my healing power, ectremism, lying, or anything in general. Don't question the dogma."

Don't lie.

10. Thou shalt not covet- "Don't want something. It will just take your eyes off of me"

Do not desire others property, lives, etc, to the point of sinful envy.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 8:58:41 PM

Is this a Godly response?
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 9:02:41 PM
At 11/22/2014 8:58:41 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Potential answers:

1. I did say "no offense."
2. Define "godly."
3. NO IT ISN'T AND I DON'T CARE!!!!
4. Show me where in the Bible it says I can't respond respectfully and loquaciously to those who defame the faith.

I won't say which is mine. Probably at least two or three of them.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 9:09:09 PM
At 11/22/2014 9:02:41 PM, james14 wrote:

Potential answers:

1. I did say "no offense."
2. Define "godly."
3. NO IT ISN'T AND I DON'T CARE!!!!
4. Show me where in the Bible it says I can't respond respectfully and loquaciously to those who defame the faith.

I won't say which is mine. Probably at least two or three of them.

Lol, I'd say those are all legit answers, with exception to #3.
Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 9:28:13 PM
At 11/22/2014 8:57:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

I believe the spear tip of this command is don't worship yourself; you're logic, reason, ability.

You think money, or your boss controls what happens to you? If they aren't willing to allow you 1 day for worship.. dump em.

They may be sinners, but so are you. Remember, that I made them you're parents for a reason.

If you make covenant with me, understand what it means-- love him/her more than yourself, just as I've laid my life down for you, lay yours down for him/her.

Don't lie.

im only trolling, man.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 9:33:53 PM
At 11/22/2014 9:28:13 PM, Gaming_Debater wrote:
At 11/22/2014 8:57:47 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Don't lie.

im only trolling, man.

Lol, I know i just saw that after I'd already responded... my b.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:12:26 PM
This is why I hate most atheists.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:17:40 PM

Ridiculous. Virtually all you have done is added your own *biased* interpretation to the Ten Commandments; all of which are completely missing the point.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:19:03 PM
At 11/23/2014 2:12:26 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
This is why I hate most atheists.

that's nice.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:19:40 PM

Actually, they're not even "mistranslations". For something to be that it actually had to attempt language material. The commandments were written in Hebrew, not English.

Rather they are blatant "misinterpretations".
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:21:11 PM

Who said anything about G-dly? Given the context of the post it is an adequate response.

Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 3:20:59 PM
At 11/23/2014 2:17:40 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Ridiculous. Virtually all you have done is added your own *biased* interpretation to the Ten Commandments; all of which are completely missing the point.

No YOU'RE biasedededededed. And I'm just trolling.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 3:29:01 PM
At 11/23/2014 3:20:59 PM, Gaming_Debater wrote:

Obviously are--pretty blatantly.

Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 3:29:41 PM
At 11/23/2014 3:29:01 PM, Emilrose wrote:

You're blatant.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 5:03:25 PM
At 11/23/2014 3:29:41 PM, Gaming_Debater wrote:

You're blatant.

And you're a troll.

Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 6:17:00 PM
At 11/23/2014 5:03:25 PM, Emilrose wrote:

You're blatant.

And you're a troll.

And I'm not biased.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 6:34:06 PM
At 11/23/2014 5:03:25 PM, Emilrose wrote:

You're blatant.

And you're a troll.

Obviously you're biased as you've given your own non-objective interpretations. Whether it's trolling or not it still falls into that category.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 7:38:45 PM
It would be appropriate if you provided honest interpretations of the Commandments. It is possible that you believe in what you wrote, but I sincerely hope you do not.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 8:46:29 PM

No translation needed they say what they say. Yours is just angst and mockery of those who believe in faith.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%