Jump to topic:

Divine Decay

Shield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:11:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I was pondering the creation of the universe and attempting to reconcile divinity and science, as I often attempt to do. I had stumbled upon the concept of Pandeism quite awhile ago. Pandeism is a combination of Deism and Pantheism. Deism is the concept that a divine entity created the universe, but is not the universe and does not interact with the universe. Pantheism is the concept that the universe is a divine entity. Pandeism is thus the concept that a divine entity became the universe. So I was pondering this concept, attempting to conceptualize how exactly a divine entity would become something real. The only thing that I could think of that followed some semblance of logic is that the divine entity would have to go under some form of decay. I imagined that the singularity that is postulated to have existed at the moment of the big bang is this divine entity. But then the singularity decayed into reality, giving rise to space and time. I was wondering if any one else had some thoughts on this concept, or criticisms or anything to add.
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 11:17:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:11:27 PM, Shield wrote:
So I was pondering the creation of the universe and attempting to reconcile divinity and science, as I often attempt to do. I had stumbled upon the concept of Pandeism quite awhile ago. Pandeism is a combination of Deism and Pantheism. Deism is the concept that a divine entity created the universe, but is not the universe and does not interact with the universe. Pantheism is the concept that the universe is a divine entity. Pandeism is thus the concept that a divine entity became the universe. So I was pondering this concept, attempting to conceptualize how exactly a divine entity would become something real. The only thing that I could think of that followed some semblance of logic is that the divine entity would have to go under some form of decay. I imagined that the singularity that is postulated to have existed at the moment of the big bang is this divine entity. But then the singularity decayed into reality, giving rise to space and time. I was wondering if any one else had some thoughts on this concept, or criticisms or anything to add.

The idea that God pretty much killed Himself in order to create the Universe from His own essence?
Hmm...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid