Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question?

Lukas8
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:06:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

Everything that God's people have observed in this world are illusions that came from our created existence in Heaven. There is no hell. That is a false religious belief that Christians use to lure God's people into their false religion to worship their false deity named Jesus. They have no idea who our Creator is.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:25:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

I think they would also be saved by Faith in Christ. This is actually an interesting concept... imagine if we did encounter alien life and they came here to visit the planet their savior was born and lived...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:21:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

I have often wondered about this. What if religion/deities on the alien's home planet matches any of ours? ....or, what if they don't?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:31:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:21:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

I have often wondered about this. What if religion/deities on the alien's home planet matches any of ours? ....or, what if they don't?

Did you see Enemy Mine? If not, you should. Maybe they worship the Great Shizumat. (Said with a perfect Drac growl) ;)

Yes... yes, I am a nerd.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere sinmply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.
Cryo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:40:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

Only humans are allowed to go to heaven because humans are the ones who invented heaven and hell.

If we ever encountered intelligent life somewhere else, I'd guarantee that they had their own religions from early in their history to try to explain their world and assuage their fear of death. And their gods would be nothing like ours. Their gods would look like them and talk in ways that related to them and their culture.

Eventually, as the aliens' knowledge of the universe increased and their average citizen became more and more educated, the need for religion would shrink and there would be less and less religious aliens, which is exactly what is happening on earth and will continue to happen.

I think if there are aliens out there, one of their tests to see if a civilization is worth visiting is a measure of their religiosity. Like, if humanity is still over 50% religious, they say we're not ready to join the universal community.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:48:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:21:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

I have often wondered about this. What if religion/deities on the alien's home planet matches any of ours? ....or, what if they don't?

In all seriousness it probably mirrors our beliefs that we are special. They probably started out worshiping their sun(s) and their moon(s) just like us. And they probably will eventually get over it and realize they aren't as special as they once thought, just like we will.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 2:55:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 1:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

I think they would also be saved by Faith in Christ. This is actually an interesting concept... imagine if we did encounter alien life and they came here to visit the planet their savior was born and lived...

But your bible states that your messiah only died for humans... Could this be untrue?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:01:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

No error was made.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

You couldn't possibly begin to know anything about that. You pretend it's knowledge, but your worthless bible says NOTHING about life elsewhere... Neither in favor of nor against extraterrestrial life is there any entry or evidence.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

Maybe the same reason he wasted such vast amounts of space and billions of galaxies, just to put one species on one planet in one solar system, in one galaxy among BILLIONS, of each: He didn't because he doesn't exist.

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Why only one or the other? Why not both, or several...?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere sinmply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

Simple, you are. Logical you are not. you would n't know reason or logic if it came up and bit you...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:12:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:40:30 PM, Cryo wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

Only humans are allowed to go to heaven because humans are the ones who invented heaven and hell.

If we ever encountered intelligent life somewhere else, I'd guarantee that they had their own religions from early in their history to try to explain their world and assuage their fear of death. And their gods would be nothing like ours. Their gods would look like them and talk in ways that related to them and their culture.


Conjecture...
Eventually, as the aliens' knowledge of the universe increased and their average citizen became more and more educated, the need for religion would shrink and there would be less and less religious aliens, which is exactly what is happening on earth and will continue to happen.


Not really. Post-Christianity is really just a return to paganism, ironically being trumpeted as "progress". Secularism is not an option because it has nothing to offer philosophically or spiritually.
I think if there are aliens out there, one of their tests to see if a civilization is worth visiting is a measure of their religiosity. Like, if humanity is still over 50% religious, they say we're not ready to join the universal community

In the age if exploration of the New World the religion practiced by indigenous tribes did not stop colonists from Christian nations settling there. In fact, history strongly suggests that the aliens would attempt to convert humanity to the alien race's own religion, if in fact your conjecture is true.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:15:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:31:40 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:21:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

I have often wondered about this. What if religion/deities on the alien's home planet matches any of ours? ....or, what if they don't?

Did you see Enemy Mine? If not, you should. Maybe they worship the Great Shizumat. (Said with a perfect Drac growl) ;)

Yes... yes, I am a nerd.

I have seen it, but I was still pretty much oblivious to that part at the time.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:16:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:48:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:21:08 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials. And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that? It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

I have often wondered about this. What if religion/deities on the alien's home planet matches any of ours? ....or, what if they don't?

In all seriousness it probably mirrors our beliefs that we are special. They probably started out worshiping their sun(s) and their moon(s) just like us. And they probably will eventually get over it and realize they aren't as special as they once thought, just like we will.

Agree.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:28:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere simply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

You're concerned about the inefficiency of multiple deaths for Jesus (hardly any trouble at all for an omnipotent being) rather than surplus of our universe. Even if we developed travel at the speed of light tomorrow, we will never be able to reach parts of the universe before the heat death. If I assume a god created this universe, why would he/she/it make it so large the human species can never see all of it, if not to accommodate other life?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:30:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:01:54 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

No error was made.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

You couldn't possibly begin to know anything about that. You pretend it's knowledge, but your worthless bible says NOTHING about life elsewhere... Neither in favor of nor against extraterrestrial life is there any entry or evidence.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

Maybe the same reason he wasted such vast amounts of space and billions of galaxies, just to put one species on one planet in one solar system, in one galaxy among BILLIONS, of each: He didn't because he doesn't exist.

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Why only one or the other? Why not both, or several...?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere sinmply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

Simple, you are. Logical you are not. you would n't know reason or logic if it came up and bit you...

On teh contrary I have always lived my life by logic and reason, whihc are qualities that made me such a good office equipment diagnostic engineer valued by companies sucha s IBM. My skill was less in teh abiltiy to repair them, though I could, but in making quick and accurate diagnoses and discovering better, cheaper ways oif carryi8ng out teh necessary repairs.

You don't get that sort of thing without knowing exactly what logic or reason are.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:38:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:28:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere simply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

You're concerned about the inefficiency of multiple deaths for Jesus (hardly any trouble at all for an omnipotent being) rather than surplus of our universe. Even if we developed travel at the speed of light tomorrow, we will never be able to reach parts of the universe before the heat death. If I assume a god created this universe, why would he/she/it make it so large the human species can never see all of it, if not to accommodate other life?

Jesus was never omnipotent, immortal, or God. Only his father held those qualitites and that authority.

Do you not find the night sky beautiful to look at? I do, especially fmr highy on a hill with no light polution to lessen what I can see.

For me that is reason enough. God however may have had reasons of which we have no knowledge and do not need to have.

If it suited him to have a human travel to another planet somewhere it could be accomlished in seconds with no ill effects on the human body, though frankly I doubnt it ever will. God could easily transplant us from one place to another, irrespective of distance, in an instant shuld he require it.

I know as much as I need to know about this universe and more. The mroe I learn about it, and about other sciences, the moreI rea;lise that oen day it will become inevitable that people who cannot see God in it all will be absolutely inexcusable.

Even the recent landing on the comet simply underlined to me the fact that this universe is not the result of any accident but is extremely intelligently and carefully designed.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:48:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:55:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

I think they would also be saved by Faith in Christ. This is actually an interesting concept... imagine if we did encounter alien life and they came here to visit the planet their savior was born and lived...

But your bible states that your messiah only died for humans... Could this be untrue?

Yeah which makes it almost certainly impossible from our perspective... but its still interesting none the less. What if the aliens were actually ancient man just returning to earth...hmm i wonder.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Cryo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:55:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:12:33 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:40:30 PM, Cryo wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

Only humans are allowed to go to heaven because humans are the ones who invented heaven and hell.

If we ever encountered intelligent life somewhere else, I'd guarantee that they had their own religions from early in their history to try to explain their world and assuage their fear of death. And their gods would be nothing like ours. Their gods would look like them and talk in ways that related to them and their culture.


Conjecture...

Well of course it's conjecture, this whole thread is conjecture.

Eventually, as the aliens' knowledge of the universe increased and their average citizen became more and more educated, the need for religion would shrink and there would be less and less religious aliens, which is exactly what is happening on earth and will continue to happen.


Not really. Post-Christianity is really just a return to paganism, ironically being trumpeted as "progress". Secularism is not an option because it has nothing to offer philosophically or spiritually.

What exactly is Post-Christianity and how are things returning to paganism? And secularism has nothing to offer philosophically? Really? Is all philosophical thought contingent on a belief in the supernatural?

I think if there are aliens out there, one of their tests to see if a civilization is worth visiting is a measure of their religiosity. Like, if humanity is still over 50% religious, they say we're not ready to join the universal community

In the age if exploration of the New World the religion practiced by indigenous tribes did not stop colonists from Christian nations settling there. In fact, history strongly suggests that the aliens would attempt to convert humanity to the alien race's own religion, if in fact your conjecture is true.

If they were still religious, then yes they might attempt a "convert or die" approach, but I highly doubt a civilization advanced enough to travel to earth would be so irrational as to act in the belief that they are agents of their god's will.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 4:00:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials.

What makes it a valid point? How do extraterrestrials impact heaven and hell a all, when they are both full of ET's themselves; angels/demons.

And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that?

I don't believe the type of aliens you're talking about do fit into that... I was simply stating that if there were such beings, I'm pretty sure theyd also be held accountable for their sins; but I could be wrong about them obtaining forgiveness..

It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

Aliens make religion seem like fiction? Huh?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 4:10:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 4:00:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:13:10 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:04:27 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:55:24 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

The fact that this question has to be asked is enough to lead you to the conclusion that neither heaven nor hell exists.

non sequitur

If you say so. I'm just making a valid point that the idea if heaven and hell, being creations of our imagination, is made even more absurd when you add the question of extraterrestrials.

What makes it a valid point? How do extraterrestrials impact heaven and hell a all, when they are both full of ET's themselves; angels/demons.

You should lay off the science fiction.

And if you believe in heaven and hell then you also believe human beings were created by God as "special" and set apart to worship him for eternity in his heaven. So how do aliens even fit into that?

I don't believe the type of aliens you're talking about do fit into that... I was simply stating that if there were such beings, I'm pretty sure theyd also be held accountable for their sins; but I could be wrong about them obtaining forgiveness..

And why don't they fit into that? Do you believe that God is the creator of the whole universe? What do you define as a "sin"?

It makes religion look even more like fiction. And proves that heaven and hell are a figment of our over active imaginations.

Aliens make religion seem like fiction? Huh?

They add to its fictitious quality when someone tries to make religion applicable to aliens from another planet in a galaxy far far away. Lol!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 4:11:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

What makes you think only H. Sapiens can enter heaven/hell?

Apparently no physical thing can enter heaven.
1 Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 4:37:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 4:10:03 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 4:00:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
What makes it a valid point? How do extraterrestrials impact heaven and hell a all, when they are both full of ET's themselves; angels/demons.

You should lay off the science fiction.

So, lay off the bible? lol...

I don't believe the type of aliens you're talking about do fit into that... I was simply stating that if there were such beings, I'm pretty sure theyd also be held accountable for their sins; but I could be wrong about them obtaining forgiveness..

And why don't they fit into that? Do you believe that God is the creator of the whole universe? What do you define as a "sin"?

Because the bible doesn't give any account of those types of aliens in the universe he created.. A sin is a transgression of Gods law.

Aliens make religion seem like fiction? Huh?

They add to its fictitious quality when someone tries to make religion applicable to aliens from another planet in a galaxy far far away. Lol!

Lol does quoting from star wars somehow help your argument? Its just another form of ad hominem. Why do you believe all religion is fictitious?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 4:49:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 4:37:30 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 4:10:03 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 11/25/2014 4:00:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
What makes it a valid point? How do extraterrestrials impact heaven and hell a all, when they are both full of ET's themselves; angels/demons.

You should lay off the science fiction.

So, lay off the bible? lol...


I don't believe the type of aliens you're talking about do fit into that... I was simply stating that if there were such beings, I'm pretty sure theyd also be held accountable for their sins; but I could be wrong about them obtaining forgiveness..

And why don't they fit into that? Do you believe that God is the creator of the whole universe? What do you define as a "sin"?

Because the bible doesn't give any account of those types of aliens in the universe he created.. A sin is a transgression of Gods law.


Aliens make religion seem like fiction? Huh?

They add to its fictitious quality when someone tries to make religion applicable to aliens from another planet in a galaxy far far away. Lol!

Lol does quoting from star wars somehow help your argument? Its just another form of ad hominem. Why do you believe all religion is fictitious?

Well, just because aliens aren't in the Bible doesn't mean they don't exist, someplace. And if God created everything then they would most certainly be part of it. The Bible doesn't go into the entirety of the universe. It only seems to focus on what we knew a couple of thousand years ago. The conclusion I draw from that is that it was written by man for man and no divine intervention was at all the inspiration. So that is just one reason that I don't see the Bible as anything but fiction. I don't discount the possibility that there may be a higher purpose, I just can't believe we are the center focus of a creation so vast.

Hey... and don't dis the Star Wars. Lol! May the Force be with you.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:09:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 4:49:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
Well, just because aliens aren't in the Bible doesn't mean they don't exist, someplace. And if God created everything then they would most certainly be part of it.

Yeah, that could be true, just don't know why he wouldn't have included any mention of them...perhaps the bible we use is just incomplete? its possible.. however unlikely, imo.

The Bible doesn't go into the entirety of the universe. It only seems to focus on what we knew a couple of thousand years ago. The conclusion I draw from that is that it was written by man for man and no divine intervention was at all the inspiration. So that is just one reason that I don't see the Bible as anything but fiction.

Well your position is a pretty popular one, I just don't think you really understand the purpose of the bible. I don't blame you either, most people seem to use it as some sort of self-help guide... which is odd because my understanding of it is completely the opposite.

I don't discount the possibility that there may be a higher purpose, I just can't believe we are the center focus of a creation so vast.

I don't think we're the center focus at all, I think God is.

Hey... and don't dis the Star Wars. Lol! May the Force be with you.

Haha, hey no dis from me, Star Wars is awesome. Though I'm more of a Marvel/DC fan.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:10:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:38:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 3:28:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere simply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

You're concerned about the inefficiency of multiple deaths for Jesus (hardly any trouble at all for an omnipotent being) rather than surplus of our universe. Even if we developed travel at the speed of light tomorrow, we will never be able to reach parts of the universe before the heat death. If I assume a god created this universe, why would he/she/it make it so large the human species can never see all of it, if not to accommodate other life?

Jesus was never omnipotent,

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

immortal, or God.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Only his father held those qualitites and that authority.

I linked some verses that support my understanding. It differs from yours.

Do you not find the night sky beautiful to look at? I do, especially fmr highy on a hill with no light polution to lessen what I can see.

Of course, I find the night sky beautiful, but I also understand there is more than meets the eye. With the naked eye, you can see Andromeda 2.6 million lights years away. That is as far as you can see from your hill top. While this sounds impressive, it means that you cannot see the other 45.74 Billion light years beyond it to the edge of the observable universe. Again, assuming a god created the universe, do you really think all of that is devoid of life, and if so, what purpose does it serve?

For me that is reason enough. God however may have had reasons of which we have no knowledge and do not need to have.

That answer is completely without explanatory power. Surely, your god wouldn't begrudge a little curiosity.

If it suited him to have a human travel to another planet somewhere it could be accomlished in seconds with no ill effects on the human body, though frankly I doubnt it ever will. God could easily transplant us from one place to another, irrespective of distance, in an instant shuld he require it.

I suppose that is possible. If I was willing to buy into the concept of a magical god, then I could also accept magical abilities, but again, this is completely without explanatory power.

I know as much as I need to know about this universe and more. The mroe I learn about it, and about other sciences, the moreI rea;lise that oen day it will become inevitable that people who cannot see God in it all will be absolutely inexcusable.

I know as much as I need to know about the universe also, but I will never satisfy my want to know more. Why limit yourself?

Even the recent landing on the comet simply underlined to me the fact that this universe is not the result of any accident but is extremely intelligently and carefully designed.

Do you think they will find any complex organic molecules?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:34:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:30:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 3:01:54 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:39:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell.

I'll ignore teh heaven / hell error for now, sicne it is not entirely relevant.

No error was made.

However only humans can be part of God's Kingdom for the simple reason that God only created terrestrial life.

You couldn't possibly begin to know anything about that. You pretend it's knowledge, but your worthless bible says NOTHING about life elsewhere... Neither in favor of nor against extraterrestrial life is there any entry or evidence.

Why would he waste time creating life on other planets and risk having to send his son to die somewhere else as well?

Maybe the same reason he wasted such vast amounts of space and billions of galaxies, just to put one species on one planet in one solar system, in one galaxy among BILLIONS, of each: He didn't because he doesn't exist.

If life was more successful elsewhere why would he not scrap the "human experiment" in favour of one which did not require making his son suffer and risk death?

Why only one or the other? Why not both, or several...?

Simple logic really, the thought of him creating life elsewhere sinmply doesn't work. It is neither reasonable nor rational.

Simple, you are. Logical you are not. you would n't know reason or logic if it came up and bit you...

On teh contrary I have always lived my life by logic and reason, whihc are qualities that made me such a good office equipment diagnostic engineer valued by companies sucha s IBM. My skill was less in teh abiltiy to repair them, though I could, but in making quick and accurate diagnoses and discovering better, cheaper ways oif carryi8ng out teh necessary repairs.

That is as it applies to electronics, where 1=1, 0=0, and logic is absolute. Your other deductions, on the other hand, do not fit that same set of parameters. Being able to troubleshoot a circuit does not equate to LIVING in a logical manner. The bible is illogical, and you tout it as "absolute truth." This contradicts the intent of your example of "logical."

You don't get that sort of thing without knowing exactly what logic or reason are.

True, but the same logic and reason applied to ELECTRONIC logic circuits cannot be applied to what you claim is absolute truth. Nothing in the bible even comes close to the level of exact logic required to know the difference between an amplifier circuit with exact calculated gain, and a single pole RC band stop filter. Electronics is dependent upon EXACT, physics laws. The bible is nowhere close.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 5:35:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 3:48:37 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 2:55:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 11/25/2014 1:25:58 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/25/2014 9:22:24 AM, Lukas8 wrote:
Can an intelligent Extraterrestrial life form, that believes in Christianity and is jet more religious than we, go to heaven/hell. And why can only H. Sapiens enter the heavens/hell

I think they would also be saved by Faith in Christ. This is actually an interesting concept... imagine if we did encounter alien life and they came here to visit the planet their savior was born and lived...

But your bible states that your messiah only died for humans... Could this be untrue?

Yeah which makes it almost certainly impossible from our perspective... but its still interesting none the less. What if the aliens were actually ancient man just returning to earth...hmm i wonder.

It would prove the bible has always been a big fat lie (which we already know it to be).
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein