Jump to topic:

Are you spiritual?

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 9:37:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
One of the things I admire about my religious and spiritual view of existence is my ability to find or create meaning in materials, places, patterns, or something entirely different, which I would not be able to do without my spiritual background. For instance, despite not being a Christian, I feel a connection to churches is present. It is a place of worship of God, and there seems to be more attached to a building of such symbolic form than it would appear to be the case for non-spiritual people.

In medieval times, particularly, were the people more like myself in this regard. Objects, places, and life itself had more dimensions than what struck the eye at first. Modern times have, it seems, eradicated such emotions in the individual, and the spiritual is lost for many.

Are you spiritual? (Be aware that you can be spiritual but not religious, although these two are very so often correlated.) If so, in what sense?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 1:02:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/25/2014 9:37:33 AM, Mirza wrote:
One of the things I admire about my religious and spiritual view of existence is my ability to find or create meaning in materials, places, patterns, or something entirely different, which I would not be able to do without my spiritual background. For instance, despite not being a Christian, I feel a connection to churches is present. It is a place of worship of God, and there seems to be more attached to a building of such symbolic form than it would appear to be the case for non-spiritual people.

In medieval times, particularly, were the people more like myself in this regard. Objects, places, and life itself had more dimensions than what struck the eye at first. Modern times have, it seems, eradicated such emotions in the individual, and the spiritual is lost for many.

Are you spiritual? (Be aware that you can be spiritual but not religious, although these two are very so often correlated.) If so, in what sense?

We were all created in the spirit of God but this world that His people believe is real keeps them from knowing their true created existence within His mind.