Jump to topic:

How does God view the latest space "triumph"

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:48:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would he see it as an amazing acheivemnt?

Or would his appreciation, like mine, be dampened down by the thogght of the millions, possibly billions of lives which could so easily have been saved had the money been used more wisely

To me, the space mission didn't cost money, it cost lives. Lives that were ended horribly through stavation or thirst, not to mention the lack of necessary medication.

But of course they weren't our lives. They weren't the lives of our loved ones, though they were someone's.

How would yuo feel if some of that money could have been used to save your mother, daughter, grands daughter? They may as well have been since we are all a part of God's creation.

Of course that is ojne thing Satan wants us to forget, that's why he ahs us deivided up int nations and races when in fact there is onjly one race. The human race.

And to think he crearted man to care for this planet and all that is on it, including each other. And what do we do? we destroy nit and either destroy each otehr or cheer when something like this space launch is carried out and by default kills millions of people. But of course we very conveniently forget that, and then when the judgement comes we will be surprised when God conveniently forgets us for being as we are.

There are times when this sick world disgusts me, as I know it does God and his son.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:55:18 AM
At 11/26/2014 7:48:25 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Or would his appreciation, like mine, be dampened down by the thogght of the millions, possibly billions of lives which could so easily have been saved had the money been used more wisely

To me, the space mission didn't cost money, it cost lives. Lives that were ended horribly through stavation or thirst, not to mention the lack of necessary medication.

But of course they weren't our lives. They weren't the lives of our loved ones, though they were someone's.

How would yuo feel if some of that money could have been used to save your mother, daughter, grands daughter? They may as well have been since we are all a part of God's creation.

Of course that is ojne thing Satan wants us to forget, that's why he ahs us deivided up int nations and races when in fact there is onjly one race. The human race.

And to think he crearted man to care for this planet and all that is on it, including each other. And what do we do? we destroy nit and either destroy each otehr or cheer when something like this space launch is carried out and by default kills millions of people. But of course we very conveniently forget that, and then when the judgement comes we will be surprised when God conveniently forgets us for being as we are.

There are times when this sick world disgusts me, as I know it does God and his son.

That is to say, if we could have prevented suffering with all those vast resources, it was incumbent upon us to do so. It was our duty to our fellow man to help them out, regardless of situation?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:57:19 AM

About all I got out of that is that MadCornish opposes spending on the space program because "millions, possibly billions" of lives could have been extended. Of course, it turned into the idea that God opposes the space program, which is hilarious.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:57:55 AM
At 11/26/2014 7:50:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
Ask BoG, you simpleton. hahahahahaha
Oh, did I mention I never read a word of your drivel, I was replying to the title of your drivel.
Fuk you are dumb.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:43:08 PM
At 11/26/2014 7:57:55 AM, bulproof wrote:
Oh, did I mention I never read a word of your drivel, I was replying to the title of your drivel.
Fuk you are dumb.

Not as dimb as yu ti seems because you are foolish enough to reply to something without reading it.

Now that is dumbness in the extreme, lol. You love to advertsie it don;t you, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:48:07 PM
At 11/26/2014 7:57:19 AM, annanicole wrote:

About all I got out of that is that MadCornish opposes spending on the space program because "millions, possibly billions" of lives could have been extended. Of course, it turned into the idea that God opposes the space program, which is hilarious.

How do you know he deosn't? After all, to him it is just another Satanic distraction from what we should be doing. I. e. looking after our fellow man instead of jsut allowng them to die by the million..

He is doing something abut it, so should we be, where we have the power to, extremely limited as our ability to is.

Do you think he feels it is money wisely spent when we already know all we need to know about the subject, and could be loving our neighbour as ourselves, when they really need it instead.

If yu actually stop to think about it=, yours is a typically callous "so waht" attitude. But then considering you believe in a sadistic God, not the real one, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:51:05 PM
At 11/26/2014 7:55:18 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

That is to say, if we could have prevented suffering with all those vast resources, it was incumbent upon us to do so. It was our duty to our fellow man to help them out, regardless of situation?

It is our duty to, to whatever extent we can manage, especially if we wish to call ourselves Christian.

Luke 3:10-11
ASV(i) 10 And the multitudes asked him, saying, What then must we do? 11 And he answered and said unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath food, let him do likewise.

To give just one instance of Jesus teaching which is relevant.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:52:02 PM

A typical "it isn't me so I don't care" attitude.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:55:39 PM

I can't believe how stupid you are MCB. God is the Creator of everything, not just some of it. Satan is a symbolic name that describes the illusions we perceive as good and evil from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is the visible world we live in. Many of God's illusions confuse His people because His people believe this world ( the universe ) is real. This world is NOT REAL. It's nothing but a DREAM of OUR CREATOR'S.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:04:00 PM

There are times when this sick world disgusts me

Perhaps, we should get a vote from the rest of the world to see if the feeling is mutual?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:14:02 PM
At 11/26/2014 7:48:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

How do you know he deosn't? After all, to him it is just another Satanic distraction from what we should be doing. I. e. looking after our fellow man instead of jsut allowng them to die by the million..

He is doing something abut it, so should we be, where we have the power to, extremely limited as our ability to is.

Do you think he feels it is money wisely spent when we already know all we need to know about the subject,

No, He probably feels strongly that the money should have been wasted on WatchTower publications. How many millions have been squandered on their nonsense?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:54:48 PM
At 11/26/2014 7:51:05 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is our duty to, to whatever extent we can manage, especially if we wish to call ourselves Christian.

So why is God able to shirk this responsibility with infitie power, resources, and understanding of the problem?

Why is man not able to use the same excuses you just listed for God?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 11:58:02 AM
At 11/26/2014 9:54:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So why is God able to shirk this responsibility with infitie power, resources, and understanding of the problem?

He hasn't shirked his responsibility, in fact he has taken full responsibility for sorting things out, even though eh is not to blame for them.

His plan top sort thing out is well under way.

If you cannot accept that God knows best how to deal with it I am afraid that is your problem not his, or mine.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 11:59:39 AM
At 11/26/2014 8:14:02 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/26/2014 7:48:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Do you think he feels it is money wisely spent when we already know all we need to know about the subject,

No, He probably feels strongly that the money should have been wasted on WatchTower publications. How many millions have been squandered on their nonsense?

Oh dear, your anti-JW hysteria strikes again, lol.

Not a penny has been squandered because it si all in aid of saving eternal life, as you will find out one day.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 12:00:16 PM
At 11/26/2014 8:04:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Perhaps, we should get a vote from the rest of the world to see if the feeling is mutual?

What the world thinks doesn't matter it is what God thinks that counts.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 12:34:50 PM
At 11/27/2014 12:00:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/26/2014 8:04:00 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

What the world thinks doesn't matter it is what God thinks that counts.

You are the most cowardly man that I've met on any forum. You can't face the fact that our Creator created everything that has happened in this world. Your weak little god named Jesus cannot do a thing in this world because he's a false deity. It's just a name that Christians worship in vain.

Our Creator created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( alias Lucifer, Satan, this world, the Devil, etc. ) to use during this first age to keep His people entertained and confused while He used us prophets and saints to teach us who we really are in His thoughts, called Christ, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, David, Son of God, the Woman, Zion, Holy Spirit, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, Light of men, Jacob, the Law of God, Messiah, Counselor, etc.

God is the one who makes His people believe we're traveling in space but we saints learn that space, time and matter doesn't exist. It's all an illusion to give His people new and exciting experiences within His program called Eternal Life. Even death is an illusion that isn't real. We won't understand what death means in the next age in Paradise because we won't remember living or dying in this first temporary age in which He used to teach us who He is and who we are in Him.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

This world is vanity for All God's people who believed it was real.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:54:22 PM
At 11/27/2014 11:58:02 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

He hasn't shirked his responsibility, in fact he has taken full responsibility for sorting things out, even though eh is not to blame for them.

If you cannot accept that God knows best how to deal with it I am afraid that is your problem not his, or mine.

So apply that reasoning to man, then, and you have your answer. There is a plan, he will sort it out, things are well under way. If you can't accept that we best know how to deal with it, that is your problem, not ours.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 10:30:06 PM
You ought to read his book.
Every time he tries sort out his fuk ups he fails abysmally, don't get your hopes up.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 10:31:24 PM
At 11/27/2014 10:30:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
Every time he tries sort out his fuk ups he fails abysmally, don't get your hopes up.

MOSTLY infallible. Mostly.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 5:34:12 AM

Please do read God's word, any translation you like, and preferably more than one.

Then you will see that I teach truth from it when I say that God has never made a mistake, and never will. He will succeed in all he has planned, and his plan is going very nicely, and on time, thank you.

Even now prophecies are being fulfilled and will continue to be until teh last one has worked out, precisely on time.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 5:39:45 AM
At 11/27/2014 9:54:22 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So apply that reasoning to man, then, and you have your answer. There is a plan, he will sort it out, things are well under way. If you can't accept that we best know how to deal with it, that is your problem, not ours.

The only thing man has well under way is teh destruction of this planet, as a home for life, and all that is on it.

Fortunately God will step in and remove all that Satan has encouraged man to do which is helping ruin our beautiful home. (Revelation 11:18; Matthew 24:22)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 6:49:17 AM
At 11/28/2014 5:39:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The only thing man has well under way is teh destruction of this planet, as a home for life, and all that is on it.

Fortunately God will step in and remove all that Satan has encouraged man to do which is helping ruin our beautiful home. (Revelation 11:18; Matthew 24:22)

Matt 24: 22 says, "And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

One of the preceding verses says, "And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath."

Could you explain what difference it will make if God brings to a close this world on a Saturday?

By the way, do you pray that this "flight" does not occur on the Sabbath? If so, why?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 6:51:49 AM
At 11/28/2014 5:34:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Please do read God's word, any translation you like, and preferably more than one.

Then you will see that I teach truth from it when I say that God has never made a mistake, and never will. He will succeed in all he has planned, and his plan is going very nicely, and on time, thank you.

Even now prophecies are being fulfilled and will continue to be until teh last one has worked out, precisely on time.

Yes of course.
Tell us all about how the flood worked so well.
Only the seriously insane would think so.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 6:54:28 AM
So provide the prophesies and their fulfillment poor old dear.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 6:55:39 AM

Yes, MadCornish, we know that the very best that God has in store for man is a future existence on this mundane sphere, except next time around we'll have bountiful gardens, all the carnivores will be magically changed into herbivores, and little kids will pet tigers on the head. No heaven for the bulk of people. Only a few.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 7:26:17 AM
At 11/28/2014 6:49:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/28/2014 5:39:45 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Matt 24: 22 says, "And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

One of the preceding verses says, "And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath."

Could you explain what difference it will make if God brings to a close this world on a Saturday?

By the way, do you pray that this "flight" does not occur on the Sabbath? If so, why?

In rality the answer to teh first is contained in teh answer to the second.

No Anna, I don't. The Sabbath applied at the time Jesus said it, so to his listeners there may have been some significance, but to me there is none in the religious sense, I can only assume it refers to "Sabbath" in it's literal sense of "day of rest" rather than it's religious sense in that if we are caught by the need to flee whilst at rest we may not be alert enough.

That is however speculation since I have currently no other, scriptural, reason to understand it any other way. That may change if God requires it to it will, but only time will tell.

I don;t often need to speculate, and when I do I will always make clear, as I have above, that specualtion is what it is. There are still things to be revealed, the light is still advancing, and it almost ceratinly will continue to do so until the final test is over, since that really will be the perfect day, when everything is perfectly "back on plan".

I don;t doubt you will have your own ideads, buit scripturally that is teh only day whihc will be describable as perfect, as the last three chapters of Revelation make very clear.

As for the flight being in winter, that will obviously make survival more difficult, especially in light of teh instruction not to go inot the house for anything, including extra clothing, but to those of us with true faith in God and Christ we trust that they will provide what we need, even if they don't make it easy.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 7:34:35 AM
At 11/28/2014 6:55:39 AM, annanicole wrote:

Yes, MadCornish, we know that the very best that God has in store for man is a future existence on this mundane sphere, except next time around we'll have bountiful gardens, all the carnivores will be magically changed into herbivores, and little kids will pet tigers on the head. No heaven for the bulk of people. Only a few.

No Anna, the best God has in view for us is eternal life on earth, which wil be far from "mundane" in tehs enjse you mean it.

There is nothign better we could enjoy, it is after all the purpose for which mankind was created, and as scriptrue tells us the earth is man's eternal home.

Nothing difficult about animals being friendly. Even now there are humans who are friends with lions hyenas and all sorts.

Nor is tehre anything magical abut humans anjd animals reverting to vegetarianism, since as Genesis 1 tells us, that was our original design brief and meat eating only came in after the folld.

Butu of course you dojn;t believe scripture, except for the bits you can twist to your owjn doctrine.

I really don;t understand why people like you are happy with telling God you know better than he does, or that he is lying with his promises.

What do you forsee as hevenly life than Anna?

As far as I can glean from most believers in it I cannot think of anything either more mundane, or more frustrating.

Mundane, because no-one envisiions any rela pupose for us, but eternal leisure, which no-one can handle even for a limnited time down here,.

Frustration because there can be little or nothign mkore frustrating that watching you decendants making stupid, even fatal errors and being completely unable to help them.

Now, to mer your idea of heaven would be pure hell, in tehs ense in which you envision hell.

No give me a purposeful existence helping to care for this planet and all ojn it, includinbg my fellow man, wokring in harmony with all I meet, as per teh origianl plan, any day of teh week.

God has made it plain what teh destiny of mankind is, and it isn't sitting on a cloud playing a harp bored out of our spirit skulls.

Those who do go to heaven go tehre to work 24/7, ruling and looking after the rest of us.

Suits me fine.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 7:41:58 AM

Now that is FUNNY.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 7:42:57 AM

There's a case for caring for the poor and there's a case for exploration. A balanced society does both. The Columbus expedition cost a lot of money. If Queen Isabella of Spain hadn't underwritten it, rather than spending it all on social welfare, you probably wouldn't be here today. Have you ever thought of that? Exploration should always be funded by responsible societies. Those that don't stagnate and die.