Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What does the "virgin" mean in Isaiah 7:14?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:05:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Isaiah 7
14: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

In this first prophecy, virgin, son and Immanuel mean the invisible creation of God where we all came from. The "virgin" is NOT a visible woman named Mary that was knocked up the Holy Spirit ( who doesn't have a penis by the way ).

Here are following prophecies that contain symbolic names and phrases that mean the same thing as "virgin".

The "virgin" is the woman ( Holy Spirit ) in this prophecies;

Genesis 3
15: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

Revelation 12
4: His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to bear a child, that he might devour her child when she brought it forth;
5: she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,
6: and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

The "virgin" is the breath of life in these prophecies;

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 6
17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Job 33
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

The "virgin" is Jacob in these prophecies;

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.

Jeremiah 10
16: Not like these is he who is the portion of Jacob, for he is the one who formed all things, and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance; the LORD of hosts is his name.

Micah 5:
7: Then the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples like dew from the LORD, like showers upon the grass, which tarry not for men nor wait for the sons of men.

The "virgin" is God's servant David in these prophecies;

Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.

Revelation 3
7: "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.

Revelation 5
5: Then one of the elders said to me, "Weep not; lo, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals."

The "virgin" is the Spirit of the Lord in this prophecy;

Ezekiel 37:
1: The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; it was full of bones.
14: And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live ( this is the same thing as the breath of Life ), and I will place you in your own land; then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, says the LORD."

The "virgin" is the law of God in this prophecy;

Jeremiah 31
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

The "virgin" is Michael and the book in this prophecy;

Daniel 12:
1: "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time; but at that time your people shall be delivered, every one whose name shall be found written in the book.

The "virgin" is thy Kingdom in this prophecy;

Psalm 145
13: Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endures throughout all generations. The LORD is faithful in all his words, and gracious in all his deeds.

The "virgin" is His own image, also known as the Word of God and the light of men in these prophecies;

Genesis 1
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

The "virgin" is the Lamb and the book of life in these prophecies;

Revelation 6
1: Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say, as with a voice of thunder, "Come!"
16: calling to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

Revelation 7
10: and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!"
17: For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd ( same as the symbolic servant David ) , and he will guide them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Revelation 13
8: and all who dwell on earth will worship it, every one whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slain.

Revelation 14
4: It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste; it is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes; these have been redeemed from mankind as first fruits for God and the Lamb,

The "virgin" is the Kingdom of our Lord and Christ in these prophecies;

Revelation 11
15: Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever."

Revelation 12
10: And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.

There are many more prophecies with different symbolic names that mean the same exact thing as the "virgin".

If you don't understand any of these prophecies, you weren't meant to understand them in this first age.

God bless those who can hear the voice of the Lord,
Saint Brad
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 7:51:44 PM
Here are some other prophecies with symbolic names like the name "virgin", which is God's invisible creation.

The New Heaven is a symbolic name for God's invisible creation ( virgin ) and Earth is the visible kingdom that consists of illusions called flesh and other objects that we perceive as being our reality.

The "virgin" is the New Heaven ( creation without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in it ), also known as the Kingdom of Heaven in these following prophecies;

Isaiah 66:
22: "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before me, says the LORD; so shall your descendants and your name remain.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

Revelation 21
1: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

2 Peter 3
10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11: Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12: waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13: But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Matthew 5
17: "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
18: For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
19: Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20: For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 10:
32: So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven;
33: but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

John 3
12: If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

Matthew 6
9: Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Psalm 33
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;

The "virgin" is God's thoughts called the breath of life, also known as God's knowledge ( the word of the Lord );;

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:25:06 PM
Are there any Christians in this forum who dare to challenge the voice of the Lord where His knowledge ( virgin ) exists?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:45:38 PM
The word "Virgin" (B'tulah) isn't mentioned in Isiah 7:14, so I'm not quite sure how to answer this other than to say "Virgin" (alma) means "young woman" (or equivalent), not virgin.

My thoughts on the translation of "Alma" can be seen in this debate:

http://www.debate.org...
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:08:02 PM
At 11/26/2014 8:45:38 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The word "Virgin" (B'tulah) isn't mentioned in Isiah 7:14, so I'm not quite sure how to answer this other than to say "Virgin" (alma) means "young woman" (or equivalent), not virgin.

Did it ever occur to you that the translators of the Bible did not know our Creator or possess His knowledge?

I can see you didn't bother to read the rest of the symbolic names in all the prophecies I shared in this post that mean the same exact thing.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:36:30 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:08:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that the translators of the Bible did not know our Creator or possess His knowledge?

I can see you didn't bother to read the rest of the symbolic names in all the prophecies I shared in this post that mean the same exact thing.

Yep it just means a "young lady" not "virgin" before you start to troll check the stuff you posting... or maybe your Creator doesnt know enough Hebrew Lol fail bornofgod but still i love u
Never fart near dog
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:39:45 PM

I'm not sure why it's relevant. I read alma as alma and I'm translating it into english for your (and whoever else doesn't understand biblical Hebrew) sake.

I suppose I can go through all of those and opine on each, but I'm not sure of the value of that since the very premise of your assertion appears to be flawed.
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:43:26 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:36:30 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yep it just means a "young lady" not "virgin" before you start to troll check the stuff you posting... or maybe your Creator doesnt know enough Hebrew Lol fail bornofgod but still i love u

The young lady means the same thing as the virgin you fool. Look at all the prophecies I shared in this post to see the various symbolic names that God had His prophets write about His invisible Kingdom where all things came from.

You fools who take one tiny portion of the Word that I speak and deny the knowledge of God because of it will perish without understanding who you are in God.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:46:00 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:39:45 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I'm not sure why it's relevant. I read alma as alma and I'm translating it into english for your (and whoever else doesn't understand biblical Hebrew) sake.

I suppose I can go through all of those and opine on each, but I'm not sure of the value of that since the very premise of your assertion appears to be flawed.

What value is it to not learn something new?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 9:56:42 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:43:26 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The young lady means the same thing as the virgin you fool.

They aren't synonyms. Alma is a young lady, but the word doesn't describe anything to do with her sexual experience. In fact, the word Alma can be, and is used to describe a young lady who isn't a virgin, and thus the word doesn't mean virgin. If god wants to describe a virgin he can and does use the word for virgin - B'tula.

Look at all the prophecies I shared in this post to see the various symbolic names that God had His prophets write about His invisible Kingdom where all things came from.

You fools who take one tiny portion of the Word that I speak and deny the knowledge of God because of it will perish without understanding who you are in God.

That tiny aspect of this is fundamental to the whole point.

It's not my intent to argue against or make any point in favor of god (or his knowledge). My intent here is entirely related to Hebrew linguistics, which just happens to be a very strong interest of mine - and something I have a decent amount of knowledge about. I don't have any religious (pro or anti) agenda, and my interest in the OT and Hebrew linguistics is generally secular.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:01:08 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:46:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I'm always in favor of learning something new. But I consider learning in this context to be a pro-active endeavor requiring me to challenge that which I believe is problematic. In this case, I believe the premise of what you are trying to teach me is flawed. Without addressing those flaws, there's very little for me to learn because the foundation upon whatever follows it is built upon, isn't sound.
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:19:50 PM
At 11/26/2014 9:56:42 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 9:43:26 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The young lady means the same thing as the virgin you fool.

They aren't synonyms. Alma is a young lady, but the word doesn't describe anything to do with her sexual experience. In fact, the word Alma can be, and is used to describe a young lady who isn't a virgin, and thus the word doesn't mean virgin. If god wants to describe a virgin he can and does use the word for virgin - B'tula.

Look at all the prophecies I shared in this post to see the various symbolic names that God had His prophets write about His invisible Kingdom where all things came from.

It's not my intent to argue against or make any point in favor of god (or his knowledge). My intent here is entirely related to Hebrew linguistics, which just happens to be a very strong interest of mine - and something I have a decent amount of knowledge about. I don't have any religious (pro or anti) agenda, and my interest in the OT and Hebrew linguistics is generally secular.

You don't understand anything that the old Hebrew speaking prophets understood, which is nothing. They were only used by God to testify in writing, the prophecies that they couldn't possibly understand. Only us saints were taught who we are in Him and learn how we were created. From this knowledge that we possess, we understand all the prophecies very well.

Go pretend to speak to someone else in Hebrew that has nothing to do with the Truth.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:21:47 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:01:08 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I'm always in favor of learning something new. But I consider learning in this context to be a pro-active endeavor requiring me to challenge that which I believe is problematic. In this case, I believe the premise of what you are trying to teach me is flawed. Without addressing those flaws, there's very little for me to learn because the foundation upon whatever follows it is built upon, isn't sound.

There is no flaw in the Word of God that I testify to. You're the one who doesn't understand the prophecies or what the symbolic names represent.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:44:28 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:19:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You don't understand anything that the old Hebrew speaking prophets understood, which is nothing.

I'm pretty sure I can make a strong case that I know more than nothing with regards to biblical Hebrew.

Hebrew linguistics, with a bit of background, is actually not a terribly difficult thing to understand. Using very basic methods, like the use of a concordance, can easily determine the meaning of biblical Hebrew words.

Hebrew is also an especially fascinating language - even when looking beyond it's religious context (as that's not something I'm generally inclined to engage in) - because it's a root based conceptual language. For this reason, with a bit of study, it can be shown why alma can't possibly mean virgin.

The old Hebrew speaking prophets certainly knew this, and all the evidence (right in the very language) is still there for everyone to read.

They were only used by God to testify in writing, the prophecies that they couldn't possibly understand.

There isn't any use of a prophesy that no one can understand. At least, to my understanding of what a prophecy is. Though this is a strictly religious thing, and not really something I care to engage in.

Only us saints were taught who we are in Him and learn how we were created. From this knowledge that we possess, we understand all the prophecies very well.

With all due respect, I think your understanding of the language is flawed, and I'm more than capable of understanding (and explaining if you'd like me to) the language you are trying to interpret.

Go pretend to speak to someone else in Hebrew that has nothing to do with the Truth.

I apologize, I'm not sure I understand this sentence. I'm not seeking "truth" in any philosophical way. I'm simply clarifying a translation error on your part.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:47:14 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:21:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There is no flaw in the Word of God that I testify to. You're the one who doesn't understand the prophecies or what the symbolic names represent.

I don't believe I said the word of god was flawed. My assertion is that your premise is flawed. This doesn't really have anything to do with god, but your understanding of an ancient language. I'm more than happy to engage with you about biblical Hebrew for as long as you like though. It's a subject I've had a strong interest in for a long time, and I'm always enthusiastic to discuss it and even teach it if you'd be interested.
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:48:59 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:44:28 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

You don't understand anything that the old Hebrew speaking prophets understood, which is nothing.

I'm pretty sure I can make a strong case that I know more than nothing with regards to biblical Hebrew.

Hebrew linguistics, with a bit of background, is actually not a terribly difficult thing to understand. Using very basic methods, like the use of a concordance, can easily determine the meaning of biblical Hebrew words.

Hebrew is also an especially fascinating language - even when looking beyond it's religious context (as that's not something I'm generally inclined to engage in) - because it's a root based conceptual language. For this reason, with a bit of study, it can be shown why alma can't possibly mean virgin.

The old Hebrew speaking prophets certainly knew this, and all the evidence (right in the very language) is still there for everyone to read.

They were only used by God to testify in writing, the prophecies that they couldn't possibly understand.

There isn't any use of a prophesy that no one can understand. At least, to my understanding of what a prophecy is. Though this is a strictly religious thing, and not really something I care to engage in.

Only us saints were taught who we are in Him and learn how we were created. From this knowledge that we possess, we understand all the prophecies very well.

With all due respect, I think your understanding of the language is flawed, and I'm more than capable of understanding (and explaining if you'd like me to) the language you are trying to interpret.

I apologize, I'm not sure I understand this sentence. I'm not seeking "truth" in any philosophical way. I'm simply clarifying a translation error on your part.

It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not. It wouldn't help you understand what the prophets didn't even understand. Only us saints were taught directly by our Creator about the past, present and future by writing and speaking for Him called testimonies. From these testimonies, we learn that we are God's knowledge and from this knowledge that's revealed to us, we understand all the prophecies that God's prophets didn't understand.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:51:18 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:47:14 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 10:21:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't believe I said the word of god was flawed. My assertion is that your premise is flawed. This doesn't really have anything to do with god, but your understanding of an ancient language. I'm more than happy to engage with you about biblical Hebrew for as long as you like though. It's a subject I've had a strong interest in for a long time, and I'm always enthusiastic to discuss it and even teach it if you'd be interested.

You simply don't listen to what I'm telling you. It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not. You don't have the knowledge of God to understand ANY prophecies or the meanings to the symbolic names and phrases that God had His prophets write. Not ONE prophet understood what they were writing for God.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:52:39 PM
At 11/26/2014 8:25:06 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Are there any Christians in this forum who dare to challenge the voice of the Lord where His knowledge ( virgin ) exists?

Why would it matter?

You have already explicitly stated that you are the only Authority that can use the Bible as a resource. No one else is qualified.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:55:50 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:48:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not. It wouldn't help you understand what the prophets didn't even understand.

My mistake, I misunderstood what you had said earlier. I thought you were saying that only I didn't understand, when you meant the prophets didn't understand either. I suppose that's fair, though I can read what's written, and unless god intentionally uses language in such a way that it's intentionally confusing and inconsistent, it's actually very easy to understand (which is likely by design assuming the entire premise of this) by anyone that has the motivation to.

Only us saints were taught directly by our Creator about the past, present and future by writing and speaking for Him called testimonies. From these testimonies, we learn that we are God's knowledge and from this knowledge that's revealed to us, we understand all the prophecies that God's prophets didn't understand.

That's great, though your knowledge of biblical Hebrew seems rather limited. It's not my intent for that to sound insulting, simply that I believe your premise in this thread is flawed and that with some study you could greatly advance your understanding of the OT (based on its actual written form).
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:57:49 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:52:39 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Why would it matter?

You have already explicitly stated that you are the only Authority that can use the Bible as a resource. No one else is qualified.

That's correct. God's chosen believers were made to listen to His voice and learn. They are not teachers of anything, even though God used a few of them to bring in some knowledge that He needed to teach me His deeper secrets. The believers He chose to bring me this knowledge had no clue who God is or why they delivered those bits of knowledge I needed.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:01:02 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:57:49 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Why would it matter?

That's correct. God's chosen believers were made to listen to His voice and learn. They are not teachers of anything, even though God used a few of them to bring in some knowledge that He needed to teach me His deeper secrets. The believers He chose to bring me this knowledge had no clue who God is or why they delivered those bits of knowledge I needed.

So if you are going to use that as the ultimate trump card (as you have already done), why challenge people? You aren't going to regard anything they use in their premise. Mental masturbation? Self Serving pseudo intellectual preaching?

VERY poor reflection of your character, BoG.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:01:21 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:51:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You simply don't listen to what I'm telling you.

I've read every word that you have written and done my best to understand it. I think you interpret me not agreeing with you, as me not listening to you. I apologize for this disagreement between us, I'm not intentionally trying to cause you any difficulty.

It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not.

But that's the language of the text. I'm simply reading that which is presented to mankind for interpretation.

You don't have the knowledge of God to understand ANY prophecies or the meanings to the symbolic names and phrases that God had His prophets write. Not ONE prophet understood what they were writing for God.

Then what is the point of the text itself if it can't be interpreted by anyone?

The text is entirely pointless if one can't derive any interpretation from it. The text itself seems to provide all the information necessary to derive some interpretation of subjective value. If this isn't the case - shouldn't we just be told something without it entirely?

If that is the case, what is it that god is trying to tell us?
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:07:08 PM
At 11/26/2014 10:55:50 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 10:48:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not. It wouldn't help you understand what the prophets didn't even understand.

My mistake, I misunderstood what you had said earlier. I thought you were saying that only I didn't understand, when you meant the prophets didn't understand either. I suppose that's fair, though I can read what's written, and unless god intentionally uses language in such a way that it's intentionally confusing and inconsistent, it's actually very easy to understand (which is likely by design assuming the entire premise of this) by anyone that has the motivation to.

: :Only us saints were taught directly by our Creator about the past, present and future by writing and speaking for Him called testimonies. From these testimonies, we learn that we are God's knowledge and from this knowledge that's revealed to us, we understand all the prophecies that God's prophets didn't understand.

It's impossible for English speaking people to decipher the language that God's old prophets wrote or spoke. All translators have to guess on many words that they try translate from the old languages. They can easily make mistakes because they are NOT the prophets of old who understood their language very well. God had His prophets write in their native languages in symbolic form to hide the deep meanings of the prophecies. It was impossible for them to understand them because God didn't use them to testify to His Word and learn the past, present and future. They were all under the old covenant that blinded them from our true created existence in the mind of God as information.

That's great, though your knowledge of biblical Hebrew seems rather limited. It's not my intent for that to sound insulting, simply that I believe your premise in this thread is flawed and that with some study you could greatly advance your understanding of the OT (based on its actual written form).

God used my English language to teach me the past, present and future. He doesn't need Hebrew today because He's using English speaking believers in Campbell, CA. and English speaking antichrists to kill my body after He's done using me to testify to my created existence called the Word of God.

God revealed His knowledge to me and I learned from this knowledge that I was His knowledge, known as the Word of God, also known as many other symbolic names in the Bible such as the voice of the Lord, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, Messiah, Counselor, Holy Spirit, Breath of Life, Book of Life, Tree of Life, Invisible realm, His thoughts, the Law, His knowledge, Zion, Jacob, David, Christ, Woman, etc.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:10:15 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:01:02 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Why would it matter?

So if you are going to use that as the ultimate trump card (as you have already done), why challenge people? You aren't going to regard anything they use in their premise. Mental masturbation? Self Serving pseudo intellectual preaching?

There are believers in this forum who read my testimonies. They don't need to argue with the voice of the Lord because they were chosen to listen to Him. They see these arguments by you non-believers and how I handle you all with the true invisible Word of God, which is my created existence.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:19:52 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:10:15 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Why would it matter?

There are believers in this forum who read my testimonies.
and..? One would think you give them better reading material, then. Demonstration of power comes from an actual demonstration, not refusal to acknowledge refutes. Thats just petty.

They don't need to argue with the voice of the Lord because they were chosen to listen to Him.

... and...? This forum serves no purpose, then. You could just talk to them directly, no challenge to others required.

They see these arguments by you non-believers and how I handle you all with the true invisible Word of God, which is my created existence.
No, its specifically how you don't handle 'us'. All this that you bring to the table should have been self evident, but even me, a lowly forum crank, can see the psychological hurdles needed to justify your position and confirm your bias to the matter. When the challenge isn't in your favor, change the rules. When the arguments you bring to the table are thin in light of evidence to the contrary, the evidence to the contrary is null by fiat. When demonstration of actual power is easy to provide, God told you not to.

Its tired, its predictable, its juvenile, but it keeps you off the streets for a certain amount of time, so it might as well be a form of self medication.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:20:52 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:01:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 10:51:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You simply don't listen to what I'm telling you.

I've read every word that you have written and done my best to understand it. I think you interpret me not agreeing with you, as me not listening to you. I apologize for this disagreement between us, I'm not intentionally trying to cause you any difficulty.

It makes NO difference whether you understand old Hebrew or not.

But that's the language of the text. I'm simply reading that which is presented to mankind for interpretation.

You don't have the knowledge of God to understand ANY prophecies or the meanings to the symbolic names and phrases that God had His prophets write. Not ONE prophet understood what they were writing for God.

Then what is the point of the text itself if it can't be interpreted by anyone?

The text is entirely pointless if one can't derive any interpretation from it. The text itself seems to provide all the information necessary to derive some interpretation of subjective value. If this isn't the case - shouldn't we just be told something without it entirely?

If that is the case, what is it that god is trying to tell us?

The biblical text was only meant for us saints to read for Him but only for His purpose as a witness to the knowledge He teaches us directly. By referring us to certain prophecies after He has us write stories that contain His hidden knowledge, we see that what He had His prophets write hundreds and even thousands of years ago aligns with the knowledge that we're being taught. This dramatically increases our trust in the words He is having us testify to and by the time He has us go out and preach the gospel, we are totally confident ( bold ) in what we're saying for God.

He taught me the same knowledge of the past, present and future through my written and spoken testimonies in the English language that He taught the other saints in the languages that they learned as a child, which could have been Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, or some dialect that they and the chosen believers who listened to them while they were preaching the gospel ( the voice of the Lord ).

What good does it do to learn Hebrew when nobody around can understand you? It's stupid to learn Hebrew when the gospel is being preached in English in Campbell, CA. today to finish His work to end the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Once I am killed for my testimonies, the end of this age will happen soon afterwards.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:24:52 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:19:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/26/2014 11:10:15 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Why would it matter?

and..? One would think you give them better reading material, then. Demonstration of power comes from an actual demonstration, not refusal to acknowledge refutes. Thats just petty.

They don't need to argue with the voice of the Lord because they were chosen to listen to Him.

... and...? This forum serves no purpose, then. You could just talk to them directly, no challenge to others required.

They see these arguments by you non-believers and how I handle you all with the true invisible Word of God, which is my created existence.
No, its specifically how you don't handle 'us'. All this that you bring to the table should have been self evident, but even me, a lowly forum crank, can see the psychological hurdles needed to justify your position and confirm your bias to the matter. When the challenge isn't in your favor, change the rules. When the arguments you bring to the table are thin in light of evidence to the contrary, the evidence to the contrary is null by fiat. When demonstration of actual power is easy to provide, God told you not to.

Its tired, its predictable, its juvenile, but it keeps you off the streets for a certain amount of time, so it might as well be a form of self medication.

I have heard many arguments by God's antichrists and false prophets like yourself. I could care less if you believe in the knowledge of God or not. You're going to be killed like me and everyone else in this world without remembering anything that happened in this first age.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:25:55 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:07:08 PM, bornofgod wrote:
: :Only us saints were taught directly by our Creator about the past, present and future by writing and speaking for Him called testimonies. From these testimonies, we learn that we are God's knowledge and from this knowledge that's revealed to us, we understand all the prophecies that God's prophets didn't understand.

It's impossible for English speaking people to decipher the language that God's old prophets wrote or spoke.

I speak several languages. Hebrew is one of them. So am I excluded from this?

All translators have to guess on many words that they try translate from the old languages. They can easily make mistakes because they are NOT the prophets of old who understood their language very well.

I don't use English translations in my interpretations. I've had nearly two decades of formal education in this field that by this point when I am considering a biblical word, I can consider it conceptually. If I need to explain the concept of a word, I don't use a translation or Hebrew-english dictionary, I use a concordance, because that's how the actual meaning can be derived.

The example of alma has to be one of the best examples because it's one of the most debated. In the debate I linked above, I didn't simply say "Here's a translation, it says "young lady"" - instead, I pointed to the word in context and showed why it couldn't mean virgin.

So you are correct, translations are flawed - especially when it comes to understanding biblical Hebrew. But I'm not looking to translations to understand any of this. I'm looking at the source and reading it directly, and I've been doing so for awhile now.

God had His prophets write in their native languages in symbolic form to hide the deep meanings of the prophecies.

Well it's the language of the OT - the text we are discussing - so I have nothing to really engage in here aside from reading and interpreting the actual language we are discussing.

If god intentionally made the language impossible to understand while simultaneously making it possible to learn and interpret (therefore easy to understand from a linguistics standpoint), then I guess god works in mysterious ways.

Why did he hide the meanings of the prophesies? What's the point of a prophesy no one can understand?

It was impossible for them to understand them because God didn't use them to testify to His Word and learn the past, present and future. They were all under the old covenant that blinded them from our true created existence in the mind of God as information.

I can understand them, and I'm nothing special. Language is a brilliant thing, but once it's understood things can become quite clear.

God used my English language to teach me the past, present and future. He doesn't need Hebrew today because He's using English speaking believers in Campbell, CA. and English speaking antichrists to kill my body after He's done using me to testify to my created existence called the Word of God.

Fair enough, I respect that you admit to not knowing biblical Hebrew. I suppose assuming the accuracy of your premise, god might as well use whatever language you happen to know. Though, it seems like he should have just given you the knowledge to understand biblical Hebrew so that, in the minds of some, your credibility wouldn't be harmed by threads like this that seems to reflect a lack of knowledge of the subject material.

God revealed His knowledge to me and I learned from this knowledge that I was His knowledge, known as the Word of God, also known as many other symbolic names in the Bible such as the voice of the Lord, Kingdom of Heaven, Son of God, Messiah, Counselor, Holy Spirit, Breath of Life, Book of Life, Tree of Life, Invisible realm, His thoughts, the Law, His knowledge, Zion, Jacob, David, Christ, Woman, etc.

What is the purpose of all of this?

Let's assume for a moment that I believe any of this... What is the point?
Debate.org Moderator
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:28:32 PM
Why would it matter?

I have heard many arguments by God's antichrists and false prophets like yourself.

And I have heard the same schtick, from you, by so many other would be saints and prophets and messiahs. Yours is no different, except less imaginative.

I could care less if you believe in the knowledge of God or not.

Sure you do. You need me to confirm your bias on.

You're going to be killed like me and everyone else in this world without remembering anything that happened in this first age.

Case in point
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:32:09 PM
At 11/26/2014 11:25:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 11:07:08 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It's impossible for English speaking people to decipher the language that God's old prophets wrote or spoke.

I speak several languages. Hebrew is one of them. So am I excluded from this?

All translators have to guess on many words that they try translate from the old languages. They can easily make mistakes because they are NOT the prophets of old who understood their language very well.

I don't use English translations in my interpretations. I've had nearly two decades of formal education in this field that by this point when I am considering a biblical word, I can consider it conceptually. If I need to explain the concept of a word, I don't use a translation or Hebrew-english dictionary, I use a concordance, because that's how the actual meaning can be derived.

The example of alma has to be one of the best examples because it's one of the most debated. In the debate I linked above, I didn't simply say "Here's a translation, it says "young lady"" - instead, I pointed to the word in context and showed why it couldn't mean virgin.

So you are correct, translations are flawed - especially when it comes to understanding biblical Hebrew. But I'm not looking to translations to understand any of this. I'm looking at the source and reading it directly, and I've been doing so for awhile now.

God had His prophets write in their native languages in symbolic form to hide the deep meanings of the prophecies.

Well it's the language of the OT - the text we are discussing - so I have nothing to really engage in here aside from reading and interpreting the actual language we are discussing.

If god intentionally made the language impossible to understand while simultaneously making it possible to learn and interpret (therefore easy to understand from a linguistics standpoint), then I guess god works in mysterious ways.

Why did he hide the meanings of the prophesies? What's the point of a prophesy no one can understand?

It was impossible for them to understand them because God didn't use them to testify to His Word and learn the past, present and future. They were all under the old covenant that blinded them from our true created existence in the mind of God as information.

I can understand them, and I'm nothing special. Language is a brilliant thing, but once it's understood things can become quite clear.

Fair enough, I respect that you admit to not knowing biblical Hebrew. I suppose assuming the accuracy of your premise, god might as well use whatever language you happen to know. Though, it seems like he should have just given you the knowledge to understand biblical Hebrew so that, in the minds of some, your credibility wouldn't be harmed by threads like this that seems to reflect a lack of knowledge of the subject material.

All God's people are only interested in their own selfish thoughts. They're not interested in the knowledge of God that has been hidden from them all their lives.

: What is the purpose of all of this?

The blind cannot hear the voice of the Lord.

Let's assume for a moment that I believe any of this... What is the point?

I'm only in this forum to find God's chosen believers who don't care what the point is or not. They're happy to hear directly from their Creator.