Jump to topic:

Q & A on Islam

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2010 4:51:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If anyone has questions about Islam, specifically the Qur'an, then feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

I look for proper questions, and because I dislike insults, I hope nobody will start insulting. This usually happens when religion comes to question, or when a belief one is not looking at positively comes into discussion.

Examples of some interesting questions are:

Is the Qur'an promoting violence against infidels?
Is Islam against tax?
Is suicide bombing an option in war?
What is required to be a Muslim?
Why do Muslims not eat pork?

And so forth.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:20:32 AM
I was willing to wait for someone else to say it, but apparently nobody else will, so I will:

Oh come on! Are you serious?

Do you honestly think that we as people are dumb enough to buy into this?

Your motive and goal are blindingly obvious just from your post.

You WANT people to ask you about Islam and violence so you can heartily deny it despite your prophet's crusade of bloodshed.

You WANT people to ask about tax and what is "required" to be a muslim (frankly if Al-Shabbadah the uneducated and seldom-washed goat herder can do it I reckon most other people could) because you can make islam seem so great for it's ideas on tax and what a muslim is (besides a religion of knee-jerk reactions.)

And the fact that you try to tell other people, other people you have no authority over, no control over, no obvious superiority over what constitutes a "good" question is the little thing that gives you away most of all, because your concept of what constitutes a "good" question automatically implies that you will simply reject "bad" questions, like the following:

What part did the Banu Qurayza play in the life and story of your prophet?

Think carefully before answering now.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:38:27 AM
At 5/10/2010 7:20:32 AM, Veridas wrote:
I was willing to wait for someone else to say it, but apparently nobody else will, so I will:
Good for you.

Oh come on! Are you serious?
Yes. Are you?

Do you honestly think that we as people are dumb enough to buy into this?
Are you dumb enough not to realize that the purpose is to answer questions? In fact, it is pretty funny that you are the first to 'buy it'.

Your motive and goal are blindingly obvious just from your post.
Your goal is hypocritical and nonsense. You lack incredibly much knowledge of Islam, yet you come here and pretend like you do not.

Quote Qur'an 8:60 for me if you wish.

You WANT people to ask you about Islam and violence so you can heartily deny it despite your prophet's crusade of bloodshed.
You do not know about his life. He was more peaceful than your worthless words, and you will never achieve the goodness that he achieved through even a minute of his life. He was, unlike you, a man of honor. He was not such a disrespectful human being.

You WANT people to ask about tax and what is "required" to be a muslim (frankly if Al-Shabbadah the uneducated and seldom-washed goat herder can do it I reckon most other people could) because you can make islam seem so great for it's ideas on tax and what a muslim is (besides a religion of knee-jerk reactions.)
I want people to ask whatever they want about Islam. Those questions were examples. I could have come with totally difference ones. Besides, in numerous occasions, people here have asked me about Islam, and some have made threads as questions. This one serves the purpose of answering questions in one thread.

And the fact that you try to tell other people, other people you have no authority over, no control over, no obvious superiority over what constitutes a "good" question is the little thing that gives you away most of all, because your concept of what constitutes a "good" question automatically implies that you will simply reject "bad" questions, like the following:
Read: "Examples of some interesting questions are:"

Where do you see the word 'good' here? I am simply coming with hints of what some interesting questions can be. Many people wonder why Muslims do not eat pork. I wish to answer why. If you want to be such a hypocrite, then continue. But do not come here and spoil the thread with your worthless words and disrespectful attitude. You come here to attack Islam, yet what you are saying is something that the Qur'an is far away from in its words.

What part did the Banu Qurayza play in the life and story of your prophet?
They betrayed Muslims, and then became their enemies.

Think carefully before answering now.
Think carefully before coming with nonsense arguments over and over again. Look forward to a response to the rest of your hypocritical and worthless claims in the other thread. Take a good look at what you wrote and expect refutations to bring shame to your heart. Shame on you over and over again.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:51:59 AM
Hello Mirza!

Thanks for starting this forum - I know you posted it in the right spirit and I hope you don't get offended by anybody that objects to it.

As it happens, although I'm not a Muslim myself, I used to live in a Muslim country and I have a Muslim girlfriend that still lives there, whom I visit every month or so.

I know the Koran forbids sex outside marriage but I was wondering if it says anything about Muslim women having affairs with non-Muslim men?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:59:22 AM
At 5/10/2010 7:51:59 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Hello Mirza!

Thanks for starting this forum - I know you posted it in the right spirit and I hope you don't get offended by anybody that objects to it.

As it happens, although I'm not a Muslim myself, I used to live in a Muslim country and I have a Muslim girlfriend that still lives there, whom I visit every month or so.

I know the Koran forbids sex outside marriage but I was wondering if it says anything about Muslim women having affairs with non-Muslim men?

yeah, if she's not married she'll prolly get whipped...

and if she is your gonna get her killed.

that is, IF, the muslim country she lives in properly obeys The Lord's law...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:02:53 AM
At 5/10/2010 7:51:59 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Hello Mirza!

People can do what they want. I do this for good and peaceful purposes. As you can see with the member above, it looks like I am trying to fool somebody. I do not see why I would do that by speaking out against violence etc.

The Qur'an speaks about marriage. It mentions that men are allowed to marry believing women, or Jewish and Christian women.

A woman, however, is allowed to marry a Muslim man only. This is due to several reasons. One is that the children generally follow the faith of the father, and if she married a Christian, they would probably be Christians. When a Muslim man marries a Christian woman, then the children become Muslims. Also, women can have their rights taken from their non-Muslim husbands, such as paying zakat, and they may not have enough power to take that right back. A Muslim man will not have his rights taken by a Christian woman.

[Qur'an 2:221] "(and) do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing servant is better than an idolater, even though he should please you; these invite to the fire, and Allah invites to the garden and to forgiveness by His will, and makes clear His communications to men, that they may be mindful."

Is this sufficient? I can elaborate more if needed. But I think you understand the logic I am trying to show here.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:04:16 AM
At 5/10/2010 7:59:22 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yeah, if she's not married she'll prolly get whipped...

and if she is your gonna get her killed.

that is, IF, the muslim country she lives in properly obeys The Lord's law...
Neither a man nor a woman are allowed to fornicate in a Muslim country. Adultery is also out of question.

If you are talking about honor killing, then that is clearly not Islamic at all.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:04:40 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:02:53 AM, Mirza wrote:
Is this sufficient? I can elaborate more if needed.

quick question:

if she's married she should die right??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:06:38 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:04:16 AM, Mirza wrote:
If you are talking about honor killing, then that is clearly not Islamic at all.

no i'm talkin like a mullah or islamic "judge" givin her a death sentence... and evil pricks carrying it out

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:07:22 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:06:38 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
no i'm talkin like a mullah or islamic "judge" givin her a death sentence... and evil pricks carrying it out
If she does what? Adulterates?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:07:52 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:05:33 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/10/2010 8:04:40 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
quick question:

if she's married she should die right??
What do you mean?

if she's married and F'n eggles on the side...

she should DIE!

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:12:10 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:07:52 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

she should DIE!
You are singling out women. In an Islamic country, there is strict punishment to the married adulterers, whether male or female. They do not want loss of bloodline, broken hearts, family problems, etc. in Islamic countries. This is what the Western ones suffer from, unfortunately.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:14:12 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:12:10 AM, Mirza wrote:

she should DIE!
You are singling out women. In an Islamic country, there is strict punishment to the married adulterers, whether male or female. They do not want loss of bloodline, broken hearts, family problems, etc. in Islamic countries. This is what the Western ones suffer from, unfortunately.

dude, I'm not singling out anyone....

just responding to eggles question... and letting him know the severe risk to his muslim girlfriend posed by the sickos who follow such spoutings of the muhammed.

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:14:42 AM
And it is not because they are evil. It is because those countries want to be pure from corruptions, and adultery is one of the worst things that lead to corruption in a family. Had those countries been evil, this law against adultery would not apply, because it is much more evil that adultery is lawful, because it does much more harm than a strict punishment to those who act upon it.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:16:20 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:14:12 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/10/2010 8:12:10 AM, Mirza wrote:

she should DIE!

just responding to eggles question... and letting him know the severe risk to his muslim girlfriend posed by the sickos who follow such spoutings of the muhammed.

though granted, if you get her pregnant she can have the baby first... And Then be stoned to death...

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:16:31 AM

If they do not fornicate then there is not such strict punishment.

But the law is not there to create a bad society. It is there to prevent it from corruption. It is there to prevent a much greater evil than a strict punishment.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:19:01 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:16:31 AM, Mirza wrote:

you think he see's her every month only to have a cup o' tea... haven't you heard eggles on these forums before??

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:19:10 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:16:20 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
though granted, if you get her pregnant she can have the baby first... And Then be stoned to death...
Those countries have their laws. Those laws are there for good. Saudi Arabians in average have enough money to emigrate forever, and fornicate and adulterate how much they wish. It applies to Egyptians, Moroccans, etc. Afghans are among the poorest Muslims in the world, yet many of them are leaving the country with the few resources they have. Why adulterate or something similar if you know that it is outlawed? What good will adultery bring? It brings shame on a person, grief upon a family, and many other evil things.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:21:24 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:16:31 AM, Mirza wrote:

But the law is not there to create a bad society. It is there to prevent it from corruption. It is there to prevent a much greater evil than a strict punishment.

a town get together stoning session of a helpless woman sounds, to me, among the greatest evils there is.

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:21:45 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:19:01 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
you think he see's her every month only to have a cup o' tea... haven't you heard eggles on these forums before??
I do not know, nor which country it is. Maybe it has another punishment for that. But if she got pregnant and Brian left her, and she was left in a bad state with a child, then she would realize that the law against fornication is good in this case.

But when a country is ruled by Muslims for centuries, there is no need to take that right away from them. They like Shari'a Law. So far, the vast majority of Muslims living in Muslim countries I have spoken to say that everybody loves Shari'a Law. Maybe all of them said it.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:22:21 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:19:10 AM, Mirza wrote:
I want to carry out the words of muhammed.

have fun with that.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:23:27 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:21:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/10/2010 8:19:01 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I do not know, nor which country it is. Maybe it has another punishment for that. But if she got pregnant and Brian left her, and she was left in a bad state with a child, then she would realize that the law against fornication is good in this case.

But when a country is ruled by Muslims for centuries, there is no need to take that right away from them. They like Shari'a Law. So far, the vast majority of Muslims living in Muslim countries I have spoken to say that everybody loves Shari'a Law. Maybe all of them said it.

lol, not adulterers... sharia law kills them.

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:24:18 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:21:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
a town get together stoning session of a helpless woman sounds, to me, among the greatest evils there is.
Or man.

Was there no help to them that told them not to adulterate in the first place? They are not helpless when being punished. You know who is helpless? Their families who are drowning in sorrow due to their adulterous act. Their families who may have their lives ruined due to this. They are helpless, not those who committed a big crime. Punishing them is not for revenge, but for mercy to a society, so that it serves as a warning, and prevents other people from doing the same. There is no evil here, Matt. The greater evil is coming from the married adulterers who bring shame upon the name of their family.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:26:09 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:23:27 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
lol, not adulterers... sharia law kills them.
Married adulterers, yes. One can have sex with an adulterer, but not be married her/himself.

I know how adultery affects a family. I know of something incredibly bad coming from it. Adultery is outlawed due to the evil it brings upon families and a society as a whole.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:26:25 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:24:18 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/10/2010 8:21:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Or man.

Was there no help to them that told them not to adulterate in the first place? They are not helpless when being punished. You know who is helpless? Their families who are drowning in sorrow due to their adulterous act. Their families who may have their lives ruined due to this. They are helpless, not those who committed a big crime. Punishing them is not for revenge, but for mercy to a society, so that it serves as a warning, and prevents other people from doing the same. There is no evil here, Matt. The greater evil is coming from the married adulterers who bring shame upon the name of their family.

lol... sounds like an honor killing to me.

how bout the family gets over it without bludgeoning those they're ashamed of.

Metaphysics:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 8:31:18 AM
At 5/10/2010 8:26:25 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
lol... sounds like an honor killing to me.
'Honor killing' is killing a female acting upon fornication.

how bout the family gets over it without bludgeoning those they're ashamed of.
'Get over it' is used very simply by you, but it is not that simple. Some women commit suicide when their husbands adulterate. Some children suffer hard mental problems. If killing someone for this crime helps in preventing adultery from occurring, then it is better than just to make it lawful.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 9:50:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, Mirza. That's kind of what I thought.

Just to put mattrodstrom's mind at rest, the country in question is Turkey which is a secular democracy and the girl in question isn't married.

Luckily for us both, sex outside marriage is not illegal there, even though over 99% of the population are Muslims and it has a very pro-Islamic government.

By the way, the tea is indeed worth the trip on it's own - Apfel Çay is especially refreshing on a hot summer's day.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 9:51:51 AM
Is it true that the Koran is incomplete, that several passages have been destroyed?

What is the oldest koran which is on 'public' display, or at least accessible by a large range of apropriate experts?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 9:56:24 AM
Mirza, if adultery brings no shame to a family, would it still be punishable?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.