Jump to topic:

Catholics Are Christians

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:24:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I always get disappointed when I hear Christians shaming people that are catholic with the following phrase.

"Catholics aren't Christians. Catholics started the crusades, not Christians."

I find this disturbing because if you do any study of the churches, the first Christian church discipline was that of the Roman Catholics. One of my friends who used to be a catholic and is now a devout atheist, did several studies and always will say "Catholics were the first Christians! You got your ideologies based from them." So this brings me to a question. Why are Catholics considered non Christians, but a Baptist won't dare accuse Methodists, Pentecostals or any other protestant denomination of the same heresy.

https://www.youtube.com...
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:27:47 PM
At 11/27/2014 5:24:31 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I always get disappointed when I hear Christians shaming people that are catholic with the following phrase.

I find this disturbing because if you do any study of the churches, the first Christian church discipline was that of the Roman Catholics. One of my friends who used to be a catholic and is now a devout atheist, did several studies and always will say "Catholics were the first Christians! You got your ideologies based from them." So this brings me to a question. Why are Catholics considered non Christians, but a Baptist won't dare accuse Methodists, Pentecostals or any other protestant denomination of the same heresy.

There's two key differences: christians don't accept the apocrypha books in the Catholic Bibke and Catholics believe that the catholic priest actually summons the wine and bread as the literal blood and flesh of Jesus christ whereas christians regard this as symbolic.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:31:19 PM
At 11/27/2014 5:27:47 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

There's two key differences: christians don't accept the apocrypha books in the Catholic Bibke and Catholics believe that the catholic priest actually summons the wine and bread as the literal blood and flesh of Jesus christ whereas christians regard this as symbolic.

That's a petty excuse for calling Catholics "non-Christian"...

Even the WBC is Christian...why? They believe Jesus is the messiah...no certain belief, except for that one, defines who is or who is not a Christian.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Cassius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:31:31 PM

Actually, you're describing the distinction between Protestants and Catholics. Both are considered Christian. The Roman Catholic Church believes that Christ was the Incarnate Word and died to save humanity from sin.
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:34:45 PM

Is it not said in the bible that all scripture is God Inspired?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:35:03 PM

I think that if you were to ask each Catholic whether or not they thought the wine and bread is the real flesh and blood of Jesus, you'd get a large percentage (like, 95%) that say "no."
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:35:14 PM
At 11/27/2014 5:31:31 PM, Cassius wrote:

Actually, you're describing the distinction between Protestants and Catholics. Both are considered Christian. The Roman Catholic Church believes that Christ was the Incarnate Word and died to save humanity from sin.

I must have had a misunderstanding. Thanks.
Cassius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:39:26 PM
At 11/27/2014 5:35:14 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 11/27/2014 5:31:31 PM, Cassius wrote:

I must have had a misunderstanding. Thanks.

It's okay. There are people who sincerely believe that Catholics are not Christians however. It's usually just a semantic game around the word "Christian."
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 5:53:00 PM

Although I do believe Catholics are Christians, the former being just a particular 'flavor' of Christianity, what is your opinion regarding the contentions raised in this website?

http://carm.org...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 6:02:54 PM
At 11/27/2014 5:53:00 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Although I do believe Catholics are Christians, the former being just a particular 'flavor' of Christianity, what is your opinion regarding the contentions raised in this website?

http://carm.org...

The protestants on this CARM site are hypocrites since they say they aren't Christians. The Catholics accept the Christian creeds but make their own. So why bother arguing and pushing them away? If Christians believe faith is what it takes, then catholics are already doing the easy part. :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 8:58:14 PM

This prophecy explains why;

Daniel 2:
36: "This was the dream; now we will tell the king its interpretation.
37: You, O king, the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, and the might, and the glory,
38: and into whose hand he has given, wherever they dwell, the sons of men, the beasts of the field, and the birds of the air, making you rule over them all -- you are the head of gold.
39: After you shall arise another kingdom inferior to you, and yet a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
40: And there shall be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron, because iron breaks to pieces and shatters all things; and like iron which crushes, it shall break and crush all these.
41: And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but some of the firmness of iron shall be in it, just as you saw iron mixed with the miry clay.
42: And as the toes of the feet were partly iron and partly clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly brittle.
43: As you saw the iron mixed with miry clay, so they will mix with one another in marriage, but they will not hold together, just as iron does not mix with clay.
44: And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall its sovereignty be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand for ever;
45: just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be hereafter. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure."

The feet of iron and clay represent Christianity. The iron part of the feet is the Roman Catholic church and Vatican where all the rules were made to govern Christianity. The clay part of the feet represent all the Protestant denominations. Iron doesn't break easily on a rock but clay does. Clay is a good analogy to use for the 40,000 various Protestant denominations today.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:11:08 PM

The crusades was war. The Muslims were trying to conquer Europe. God used the Caatholics to stop them, and it was not pretty but it was good they were stopped at that time. Now here they come again with new tactics trying to conquer the world.

Catholicism is idolatry, it is not Christian. Catholicism is full of dead idols, and the history of the Catholic church is a sordid affair of one pope being murdered after another ever since it was established by Constantine. Catholicism is actually a revival of ancient Babylonian worship of Nimrod and his mother. The symbols of the Catholic church are identical or close enough to being identical to the symbols of Babylonian religion, and the doctrines such as "mother of God" being a rehash of Nimrod's mother, are thinly veiled doctines on the old Babylonian idolatry.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:16:42 PM
At 11/27/2014 9:11:08 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

The crusades was war. The Muslims were trying to conquer Europe. God used the Caatholics to stop them, and it was not pretty but it was good they were stopped at that time. Now here they come again with new tactics trying to conquer the world.

Catholicism is idolatry, it is not Christian. Catholicism is full of dead idols, and the history of the Catholic church is a sordid affair of one pope being murdered after another ever since it was established by Constantine. Catholicism is actually a revival of ancient Babylonian worship of Nimrod and his mother. The symbols of the Catholic church are identical or close enough to being identical to the symbols of Babylonian religion, and the doctrines such as "mother of God" being a rehash of Nimrod's mother, are thinly veiled doctines on the old Babylonian idolatry.

Really? Cuz they believe St. Peter was the first Roman Catholic and first pope.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:18:20 PM

And real christians use the book created by the catholics as their god.
Go figure.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:19:51 PM

The new testament was written by antichrists and false prophets mixed with some knowledge they stole from God's true saints who testified to the invisible Word of God. The new testament was approved by the Vatican. This is the same new testament that has deceived every single person who has read it. Christians believe the new testament to be the true Word of God but it is NOT. It is full of Babylonian and Jewish traditions such as water baptism, which is a Jewish tradition that started by men who couldn't obey the ten commandments. They came up with new laws such as water baptism thinking they could wash away their sins.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:23:23 PM

You are following an orchestrated disinformation campain which ignores and rewrites history. The Book of Acts documents the early years of Christians, and historical records are in no short supply showing the progression of the body of Christ, His church, throughout the first three hundred years a.d. before Constantine established the Catholic church as an attempt to consolidate the crumbling Roman Empire.
The apostel John was boiled in oil as execution for refusing to stop talking about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and he survived. Because he had gone through the punishment of execution, by law he could not be executed again so he was exiled to the isle of Patmos where he was given the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. His closest disciple, Polycarp, carried on John's ministry after John left this world and went to be with the Lord. I'm really not a history buff, but I know enough of the basics to know when somebody is following a distorted view of history. Those distortions generally are designed to keep you enslaved to your sin so you will go along with the program of the anti-christ world .......so the devil can see you destroyed in Hell as you reject God's offer of pardon for you sins through His own blood which He gave for you in Jesus Christ.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 9:59:08 PM
At 11/27/2014 9:23:23 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

You are following an orchestrated disinformation campain which ignores and rewrites history. The Book of Acts documents the early years of Christians, and historical records are in no short supply showing the progression of the body of Christ, His church, throughout the first three hundred years a.d. before Constantine established the Catholic church as an attempt to consolidate the crumbling Roman Empire.
The apostel John was boiled in oil as execution for refusing to stop talking about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and he survived. Because he had gone through the punishment of execution, by law he could not be executed again so he was exiled to the isle of Patmos where he was given the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. His closest disciple, Polycarp, carried on John's ministry after John left this world and went to be with the Lord. I'm really not a history buff, but I know enough of the basics to know when somebody is following a distorted view of history. Those distortions generally are designed to keep you enslaved to your sin so you will go along with the program of the anti-christ world .......so the devil can see you destroyed in Hell as you reject God's offer of pardon for you sins through His own blood which He gave for you in Jesus Christ.

Why do you believe the words of men and not from My voice?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 10:08:17 PM
At 11/27/2014 9:59:08 PM, bornofgod wrote:
We can legitimately start with the fact that Pastor Tracy where you go to beg for food & handouts confirmed in writing to me that you are a LIAR!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 10:14:47 PM
At 11/27/2014 10:08:17 PM, Composer wrote:
We can legitimately start with the fact that Pastor Tracy where you go to beg for food & handouts confirmed in writing to me that you are a LIAR!

She didn't confirm anything in writing to you. Besides, you have no proof that she did.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 10:35:44 PM

At 11/27/2014 10:14:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
She didn't confirm anything in writing to you. Besides, you have no proof that she did.
Sure I do you confirmed lying sack of excrement!

I live in Australia and you on the streets and in Parks in the USA begging for handouts.

Here is a sample of what your Pastor confirmed in writing to me -

Date: 21/11/2013 7:07:57 AM
" Hello there,

I hope this finds you well and in good spirits, and thank you for your note. I see that you are from Australia - I have friends there and have always wanted to visit your beautiful country. I have read through the entire chain of posts in the discussion forum to familiarize myself with your concerns. Let me see if I can address some of them.

I have met Brad personally and spoken with him at length, and he embraces a theology, spiritual message and lifestyle that is very different from those promoted by most protestant churches and many may find it hard to understand or agree with. Some may suspect some mental illness, but I am not qualified to diagnose. However, in our church we are committed to feeding the hungry and support Brad's efforts to that end. . . . . . . . .

Brad also apparently thinks that I am a lesbian, and if I am correct it appears you are alerting me to what you feel is a "derogatory" statement. In the interests of clarity, I am not a lesbian and Brad and I have never discussed my orientation. . . . . . . . . "

Hence readers can verify that extract shown above is accurate & verbatim by writing to Pastor Tracy themselves to ask her to verify if that is accurate as I posted, by asking psycho BOG for her address!

Meanwhile psycho BOG remains a proven malignant LIAR! and Moi entirely vindicated!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 11:35:27 PM
At 11/27/2014 10:35:44 PM, Composer wrote:

At 11/27/2014 10:14:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Sure I do you confirmed lying sack of excrement!

I live in Australia and you on the streets and in Parks in the USA begging for handouts.

Here is a sample of what your Pastor confirmed in writing to me -

Date: 21/11/2013 7:07:57 AM
" Hello there,

I hope this finds you well and in good spirits, and thank you for your note. I see that you are from Australia - I have friends there and have always wanted to visit your beautiful country. I have read through the entire chain of posts in the discussion forum to familiarize myself with your concerns. Let me see if I can address some of them.

I have met Brad personally and spoken with him at length, and he embraces a theology, spiritual message and lifestyle that is very different from those promoted by most protestant churches and many may find it hard to understand or agree with. Some may suspect some mental illness, but I am not qualified to diagnose. However, in our church we are committed to feeding the hungry and support Brad's efforts to that end. . . . . . . . .

Brad also apparently thinks that I am a lesbian, and if I am correct it appears you are alerting me to what you feel is a "derogatory" statement. In the interests of clarity, I am not a lesbian and Brad and I have never discussed my orientation. . . . . . . . . "

Hence readers can verify that extract shown above is accurate & verbatim by writing to Pastor Tracy themselves to ask her to verify if that is accurate as I posted, by asking psycho BOG for her address!

Meanwhile psycho BOG remains a proven malignant LIAR! and Moi entirely vindicated!

This certainly isn't any proof that she wrote this to you or anyone else. I know how easy it is to make this up to get people to believe your story. You haven't liked my testimonies since I've been in here so you have to find a way to discredit anything I write. Besides, this has nothing to do with the fact that I am the voice of the Lord.

I'm not in this forum to argue whether Pastor Tracy is a lesbian or not. I could care less what her sexual preferences are. You and Anna are the only two hateful members in this forum who keep hanging on to this Pastor Tracy story. Why don't you make another OP with this information to get other people to believe you? Most everyone in this forum reject my testimonies, anyway.

The chosen believers will listen to the voice of the Lord despite the lies and accusations by you and other members in this forum.

Have a great day in the mind of our Creator,
Saint Brad
a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:58:46 AM

I would consider anyone that believes that Jesus died for their sins and rose again to be a christian.
The truth will set you free
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 4:01:19 AM

At 11/29/2014 12:58:46 AM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
I would consider anyone that believes that Jesus died for their sins and rose again to be a christian.
For starters the bible Story book refutes the notion that Story book jebus can ' die for the sins of someone else! '.

Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20!

a_drumming_dog
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:46:24 PM
At 11/29/2014 4:01:19 AM, Composer wrote:

At 11/29/2014 12:58:46 AM, a_drumming_dog wrote:
For starters the bible Story book refutes the notion that Story book jebus can ' die for the sins of someone else! '.

Deut. 24:16 & Ezek. 18:20!

Those two verses are referring to how a child cannot bear the sins of their parents, and how they should not be punished for what their parents have done.
This is different from Jesus' sacrifice. According to the bible, sin was brought into the world through Adam. If sin was brought into the world through a perfect man, than it follows that another perfect man would be able to take the sin away. The only person that could possibly live a perfect life in this present world is Jesus, since he essentially is god.
The truth will set you free
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:53:32 PM

This was probably inspired by the claims of a certain user *cough*Lifemeansgodisgood*cough*.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:55:16 PM
At 11/29/2014 12:53:32 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

This was probably inspired by the claims of a certain user *cough*Lifemeansgodisgood*cough*.

It's inspired by other protestants in my town. I've come across them who say catholics will burn in hell because they worship false gods.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:58:24 PM
At 11/29/2014 12:55:16 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 11/29/2014 12:53:32 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

It's inspired by other protestants in my town. I've come across them who say catholics will burn in hell because they worship false gods.

Ah. Okay. I personally believe that Catholicism is just another denomination in the Church. While their leadership has committed numerous heresies, most of their members are normal Christians, and most do not agree with the heresies of the Holy See.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid