The Law of Karma

mashi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 2:24:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Law of Karma is as follows:
1. All actions produce two forms of results, the immediate result and long term result. If the immediate result is pleasurable then the long term consequence is also good. The same logic applies to negative results.
2. To be able to tell if an action is good or bad you must rely on two things: reference Hindu scripture or by examining the motive behind the action.
3. All good and evil will be converted into pleasure and suffering, but at different durations. Because not all good and evil will be converted in one lifespan: the Law of Karma necessitates repeated birth and death.

Advantages of assimilating the Law of Karma are as follows:
1. It explains the disparity and differences in the living being.
2. If you do not accept it you have to resort to the principle of chance.
3. It helps in accepting and understanding inexplicable suffering. I know that I am responsible for every one of my suffering through my immediate past action or through my remote past action.
4. With it, there can not be an unjust or just God. We are responsible, not God.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 7:46:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/29/2014 2:24:35 PM, mashi wrote:
The Law of Karma is as follows:
1. All actions produce two forms of results, the immediate result and long term result. If the immediate result is pleasurable then the long term consequence is also good. The same logic applies to negative results.

Not necessarily true.
Take for example a man who cheats on his wife. His action might be immediately pleasurable for him but in the long term when his wife finds out, that won't be a pleasant experience for him at all. Besides that, if he doesn't take precautions. he might also end up being the father of a child he never wanted. How is that good in the long term?

4. With it, there can not be an unjust or just God. We are responsible, not God.

It is true that all people are responsible for their own actions.