Jump to topic:

Questions for Bornofgod

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:21:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, this thread has BOG's username on its title, but this isn't a thread which is designed to insult him. Rather, there are some questions that I'd like to ask him here on this thread. I ask him to answer these questions.
You claim to be the second of the Two Witnesses, correct? If so...

1. The Book of Revelation, in Chapter 11, talks about the Two Witnesses. Verse 6 says that the Two Witnesses "have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have the power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the Earth with every kind of plague, as often as they desire."
Have you prophesied that there would be no rain and it was so? Have you turned water into blood? Have you struck the Earth with plagues?

2. Verse 7 says "And when they have finished their testimony, the beast will make war on them and conquer them and kill them".
Why would they kill you? You have done nothing (that I know of) that would incite someone to kill you.

3. Verse 8 says "and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified."
Note that Campbell, California is not a "great city". As of 2010, it has a population of 39,349 people, according to Wikipedia.

4. Verses 9 and 10 say "For three and a half days some from the people and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb, and those who dwell on the Earth will rejoice over them and make merry and exchange presents, because these two prophets had been a torment to those who live on the Earth." So basically people all around the world will know that you died. But you are not famous. So how would the whole world know of your death? Why would they rejoice? You haven't done anything or caused any plague (that I know of) to cause torment to anyone. If a worldwide holiday is declared over your death, you'd have to be world-famous, rather, infamous, on a scale of Adolf Hitler. But you're only known locally and on a few obscure internet forums.

5. Verse 11 says "But after three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them."
Will you rise from the dead after being dead for 3 and a half days?

6. Verse 12 says "Then they heard a loud voice from Heaven saying to them, 'Come up here!' And they went up into Heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them."
Will you ascend into Heaven after being raised from the dead?

7. These verses imply that the Two Witnesses will preach together, at the same time, die at the same time, be raised at the same time, and ascend to Heaven at the same time. Yet you say that the First of the Two Witnesses lived and died centuries, if not millennia, ago.

Explain all these things, please.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid