Jump to topic:

Is This True!

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:31:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:54:37 PM
Because they have rejected Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, the Lamb of God, the Resurrection & the Eternal Life
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:00:21 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:31:16 PM, Rant wrote:
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I don't entirely understand what you are trying to get at, so let me rephrase what you're saying as I see it. The cross is not seen as any kind of a symbol by those who are wicked but those who are righteous see the cross as the power of God. If this is correct, then let me say this. You cannot make this assumption. There are those who are wicked and understand the meaning of the cross from other religions. The assuming nature of the statement you make is assumptous. If there are those who do not believe in the cross because they are wicked and those who do believe in the cross because they are righteous then that is fine. What I am saying is we cannot really make this broad an assumption.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:01:56 PM
Spiritual realm when you compare the knowledge of God versus the knowledge of this world.
" Let no one deceive you. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. FOR THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD IS FOOLISHNESS WITH GOD. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness," and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." Therefore let no one glory in men." (1 Corinthians 3:18)
" "But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing will be there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:09:09 PM
Ps> Mormon is a cult!. I will be doing a debate about it along with jw and 7 day>enjoy.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:22:11 PM
while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:59:47 PM
What are you talking about? You're making no sense. This is a debate site. Form a pro argument and challenge a con to debate it's validity. If you want to speak righteous one liners then you need to be told that this isn't a forum designed for that.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 4:04:52 PM
At 11/30/2014 3:09:09 PM, Rant wrote:
Ps> Mormon is a cult!. I will be doing a debate about it along with jw and 7 day>enjoy.

Wow. Without just getting angry, let me ask you. What is your "proof"? I have had more people than you can count proclaiming Mormonism to be a cult, false religion, stupid(yes, in those exact words, and many others. If this is something you want to bring up, than tell me something I do not already know. Here is what I know. I man named Joseph Smith received a prompting from God through the angel Moroni and himself to find, translate, and copy into book a set of gold plates. From these plates we have the Book of Mormon. Let us look at these solitary events. First, Joseph Smith had the education of a 3rd grader. This tells us that there is absolutely no possible for him to have translated the whole Book of Mormon in less than a year. It took longer to write Harry Potter than Joseph Smith took translating the Book of Mormon. Then people say he must have been some kind of genius. If he was such a genius, why did he have to have a scribe to write down everything he translated? Then we look at the book itself. It is a intertwining story with different narrators who use different language and it is completely in agreement with the Bible. All done in less than a year. After all this, people like to point out that Joseph Smith worked for a man who sought gold. Joseph himself did not have interest in the gold. His family was poor and he was offered good wages to dig with a shovel. Honestly, I'd have taken the job, maybe even today. He then worked for this man and actually met his wife while there. He left this job and went back home where he farmed. So where in this background is he learning how to write books? So tell me. Why is Mormonism a cult?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 4:05:45 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:31:16 PM, Rant wrote:

What are you being saved from?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 4:10:17 PM
J>For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 4:16:08 PM
Wise is the Serpant the old dragon At 11/30/2014 3:09:09 PM, Rant wrote:

Wow. Without just getting angry
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 9:58:30 PM
At 11/30/2014 4:10:17 PM, Rant wrote:
J>For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Allow me to repeat the question Skepticalone offered; from what (or who), are you being saved?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 10:03:24 PM
At 11/30/2014 9:58:30 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 11/30/2014 4:10:17 PM, Rant wrote:

Allow me to repeat the question Skepticalone offered; from what (or who), are you being saved?

I think conversation with this one is a lost cause. Lol!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 10:22:59 PM
At 11/30/2014 4:24:55 PM, Rant wrote:
How did Smith Die?

Joseph Smith?
Agent Smith?
Mrs. Smith?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 10:40:54 PM
At 11/30/2014 10:22:59 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 11/30/2014 4:24:55 PM, Rant wrote:
How did Smith Die?

Joseph Smith?
Agent Smith?
Mrs. Smith?

I don't get it either. Maybe it's a rhetorical question. Maybe we have another theistic philosopher. Joy. Maybe it's another BOG identity. I know of two so far. Or maybe someone at the asylum has been granted Internet time for good behavior.