Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

An innocent question

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 5:23:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

If man listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed His commandments, they would learn why they keep sinning and why their bodies are killed during this first age.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

ALL flesh perishes in this world because it's impossible for us to get rid of our sins. Only death will stop the flesh from being deceived of our true invisible existence in God ( the tree of life ).
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 5:31:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 5:23:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

If man listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed His commandments, they would learn why they keep sinning and why their bodies are killed during this first age.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

ALL flesh perishes in this world because it's impossible for us to get rid of our sins. Only death will stop the flesh from being deceived of our true invisible existence in God ( the tree of life ).

https://www.youtube.com...
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 5:32:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 5:31:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/1/2014 5:23:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

If man listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed His commandments, they would learn why they keep sinning and why their bodies are killed during this first age.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

ALL flesh perishes in this world because it's impossible for us to get rid of our sins. Only death will stop the flesh from being deceived of our true invisible existence in God ( the tree of life ).

https://www.youtube.com...

God's chose believers NEVER tell His saints to shut up.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.
My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.
2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.
Never fart near dog
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:33:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.

You make a valid point, however adultery is about violation of marital views. Therefore if you are unmarried and lust over other unmarried women, then it is not adultery.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:35:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

Because many Christians in the United States are half-hearted about their faith. Secular influences seeped into our culture and many Christians who weren't serious about their faith fell prey to the various temptations brought on by these influences. Today, most self-proclaimed Christians in the United States live like everyone else.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:36:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 5:23:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

If man listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed His commandments, they would learn why they keep sinning and why their bodies are killed during this first age.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

ALL flesh perishes in this world because it's impossible for us to get rid of our sins. Only death will stop the flesh from being deceived of our true invisible existence in God ( the tree of life ).

What is the first age? What is the second age?
Also:
http://www.debate.org...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:57:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 4:36:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/1/2014 5:23:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

If man listened to the voice of the Lord and obeyed His commandments, they would learn why they keep sinning and why their bodies are killed during this first age.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

ALL flesh perishes in this world because it's impossible for us to get rid of our sins. Only death will stop the flesh from being deceived of our true invisible existence in God ( the tree of life ).

What is the first age? What is the second age?
Also:
http://www.debate.org...

The first age started when the first created man woke up in his body named Adam. It will end when the earth begins to shake violently and hot molten lava melts the entire crust with everything on it. Then the former saints and prophets will be the first to awaken in their new bodies in Paradise to start a New Heaven and Earth, a new age that will never end. We won't remember living in the first age so we all start with new life experiences.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 5:48:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 4:33:08 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.

You make a valid point, however adultery is about violation of marital views. Therefore if you are unmarried and lust over other unmarried women, then it is not adultery.

adultery is not about violation of marital, sorry its about sexual relationship another than your wife, so unmarried person who commit sex (not his wife) is adultery and married man who commit sex with another woman who is not his wife also adultery. this law apply to anyone, i cant throw something that Jesus said becuase it suits me.so now the christains dont follow Jesus simple.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 5:50:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 4:35:20 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

Because many Christians in the United States are half-hearted about their faith. Secular influences seeped into our culture and many Christians who weren't serious about their faith fell prey to the various temptations brought on by these influences. Today, most self-proclaimed Christians in the United States live like everyone else.

yeah i guess so...
Never fart near dog
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 6:54:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

adultery is not about violation of marital, sorry its about sexual relationship another than your wife, so unmarried person who commit sex (not his wife) is adultery and married man who commit sex with another woman who is not his wife also adultery. this law apply to anyone, i cant throw something that Jesus said becuase it suits me.so now the christains dont follow Jesus simple.

1. I do not believe that your definition of adultery is correct. But, I could be wrong.
2. Is your argument that because Christians lust in their heart after men/women that they are not followers of Jesus? Everyone on earth, Christians included, has at some point lusted after someone else. No one is perfect, including Christians. Even the best Christians. Christians still sin after they become Christians. Jesus' teachings are moral guidelines. No one can perfectly follow them.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 4:53:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 5:48:24 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:33:08 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.

You make a valid point, however adultery is about violation of marital views. Therefore if you are unmarried and lust over other unmarried women, then it is not adultery.

adultery is not about violation of marital, sorry its about sexual relationship another than your wife, so unmarried person who commit sex (not his wife) is adultery and married man who commit sex with another woman who is not his wife also adultery. this law apply to anyone, i cant throw something that Jesus said becuase it suits me.so now the christains dont follow Jesus simple.

Adultery: voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
(http://dictionary.reference.com...)
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:28:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 4:53:21 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 5:48:24 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:33:08 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.

You make a valid point, however adultery is about violation of marital views. Therefore if you are unmarried and lust over other unmarried women, then it is not adultery.

adultery is not about violation of marital, sorry its about sexual relationship another than your wife, so unmarried person who commit sex (not his wife) is adultery and married man who commit sex with another woman who is not his wife also adultery. this law apply to anyone, i cant throw something that Jesus said becuase it suits me.so now the christains dont follow Jesus simple.

Adultery: voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
(http://dictionary.reference.com...)

well thats i didnt know.. so what you saying its permissible for unmarried person to commit sexual relationship with unmarried woman?
Never fart near dog
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:31:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:28:28 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/3/2014 4:53:21 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 5:48:24 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:33:08 PM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/2/2014 4:21:31 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 7:33:55 AM, Philocat wrote:
I believe that the quote in question is referring to lusting over married women, not unmarried women.

but its not about married or not... read 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall not commit adultery." 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell

its clear adultery is a sin, so now Jesus (pbuh) hardens the law even not to lust after women by looking, its not about married or not. he says if its causes you to sin tear it (your eye) or cut hands its better for you not to go to hell for that sin.

My two reasons for this are:

1. Adultery has always been considered the violation of marital vows, which would imply it only applies to those who are married.

Adultery is a sin whether you are married or not, a married man can commit adultery with others outside marriage...

2. The vast majority of sexually-appealing women would have been married as soon as they finished puberty, so it would be rare for a man to find himself lusting over an unmarried woman. Therefore it would have been unnecessary at the time for Jesus to make the distinction between married and unmarried women.

look man for example i live i israel.. its the same as western culture, you can know who is married or not just by looking, we just living in sexual culture everything is about sex consciously or unconsciously. so its normal this in our days... this law not only for "Jesus's time" its part of the religion, its for everybody married or not.

even if it was for "married" only, here statistics in USA about cheating... http://www.truthaboutdeception.com...
the first point they writing there -
It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage.

wow its not amazing? about 50% of all married cheats on one another.. for that the divorce rate is 50% also....


Consequently, Jesus is most probably only condemning lusting over married women, which most people (theist or athesit) agree to be wrong anyway.

You make a valid point, however adultery is about violation of marital views. Therefore if you are unmarried and lust over other unmarried women, then it is not adultery.

adultery is not about violation of marital, sorry its about sexual relationship another than your wife, so unmarried person who commit sex (not his wife) is adultery and married man who commit sex with another woman who is not his wife also adultery. this law apply to anyone, i cant throw something that Jesus said becuase it suits me.so now the christains dont follow Jesus simple.

Adultery: voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
(http://dictionary.reference.com...)

well thats i didnt know.. so what you saying its permissible for unmarried person to commit sexual relationship with unmarried woman?

Well, I wouldn't say it's sinful...
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:12:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
well thats i didnt know.. so what you saying its permissible for unmarried person to commit sexual relationship with unmarried woman?

Paul condemns fornication. Fornication is not mentioned by Christ. As a result, every mainstream church teaches that fornication is a sin (yet, like other sins, forgiveable). For an unmarried person to look on an unmarried person with lust happens. Sometimes it can be good, sometimes it can be bad. Until we are old and grey we will all be dealing with lust. Its just a fact of life.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 2:23:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 4:50:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Jesus (pbuh) said in Mattew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So how the hell the christain world america or europe acting opposite to that? i cant grasp... the life style everything in the western world, girl friends, how they dress,no separate between males and female even inside the churchs, free sex every where whether it is in home tv facebook internt school or universties, pubs or whatever the dress the piles of make ups to attract men which is what jesus forbids (for men of course) to look at women for lust..
i dont have the right to judge people how to live, but please explain how people wear some cross necklaces and on the same time humping every night (outside marriage) kissing front of all people around but you dont listen to Jesus... if you are an athiest well its your choice but as a christian? what excuse you got or its permissible?

the same type of people we have among my fellow muslims.. but their answer is "in the future god willing we will come back to pray/dont drink alchohol/dont commit fornication... so the logic of these people is the same as yours?

Maybe it is because they aren't truly Christian, just claiming to be.

That is part of the reason that Mahatma Ghandi said "I love Christianity, but I hate Christains" Like you he was well aware of the obvious hypocrisy of the vast majority who claim to be Christian.

I don;t know if it is a problem in Islam, but in Christianity part of the problem is that so few are actually taught what it entails.