Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Is it TRUE

bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.
CindyNoelle
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:06:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
You think that the majority of them could even name one to two of God's orders?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?
I doubt that they recognize this or ever will. They worship him out of inner fear and a deep necessity for authority to cast their problems and struggles on to.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:10:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

God has ordered you to be an antagonist to Christian hypocrites who have no idea who God is.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:11:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 9:06:37 AM, CindyNoelle wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
You think that the majority of them could even name one to two of God's orders?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?
I doubt that they recognize this or ever will. They worship him out of inner fear and a deep necessity for authority to cast their problems and struggles on to.

YEP.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha

It can't be "better" but thanks again for proving my point
IEnglishman
Posts: 148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

Personally I think that in the back of their minds they don't believe any of it. They know it's absurdity. But they've been told they must believe and therefore they convince themselves. They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

It is a wide gate you know... and many be there who enter through it. Yes? Their own savior told them not to take that gate. Oh well.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:45:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha

It can't be "better" but thanks again for proving my point

Why can't it?
To believe is to know nothing.
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:56:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

Most christians I know dont believe any of that.
John-son
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 2:05:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think you're misunderstanding. Real Christianity isn't about unconditionally following whatever the Bible tells you to do. It's about a real and personal relationship with God. The Bible is simply a tool to become closer to God with. For example, the main Bible passage I follow is the entirety of Romans chapter 12. It speaks of being humble, showing mercy, and loving others sincerely. Real Christianity does not encourage genocide, rape, misogyny, or discrimination, no matter what other "Christians" say.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 3:02:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

1. Those orders which God gave specifically to the Jews in Israel during the Old Testament apply to all Christians under the New Testament...how, exactly? For instance, the extermination of the Canaanites applied only to a grossly immoral people known as the Canaanites, and this command was a one time thing that happened 3000 years ago.
2. There have been numerous Christian apologists publishing papers defending God's actions and commands in the Old Testament.
3. Even if it's wrong for humans, God can do whatever the *expletive* He wants, and it wouldn't be wrong for Him to do so.
3. This kind of attack seems to be made mostly by atheists as a convenient distraction whenever Christians state that atheism can have no real morals (though society will certainly stop people from doing illegal stuff; but what society deems to be illegal may change). For instance, I mostly hear this from atheists after stating that atheism is amoral.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Gentorev
Posts: 2,878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:44:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

Personally I think that in the back of their minds they don't believe any of it. They know it's absurdity. But they've been told they must believe and therefore they convince themselves. They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

It is a wide gate you know... and many be there who enter through it. Yes? Their own savior told them not to take that gate. Oh well.

Jodybird wrote..........They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

Gentorev..............Are you sure that it's not a daily sense of individuality or perhaps a monthly sense of individuality?
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:49:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 10:44:14 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

Personally I think that in the back of their minds they don't believe any of it. They know it's absurdity. But they've been told they must believe and therefore they convince themselves. They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

It is a wide gate you know... and many be there who enter through it. Yes? Their own savior told them not to take that gate. Oh well.

Jodybird wrote..........They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

Gentorev..............Are you sure that it's not a daily sense of individuality or perhaps a monthly sense of individuality?

Cute. I'm using my cell phone and it often likes to fill in the blanks for me. *Weak*

Perhaps you can explain why religion so often uses peer pressure and why individuality is a WEAK trait among Christians, rev.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM, IEnglishman wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.

Read your book for all of the citations.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM, IEnglishman wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.

Read your book for all of the citations.

... and you can't find a single positive statement concerning those "orders" in the entire NT.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:47:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 2:05:09 PM, John-son wrote:
I think you're misunderstanding. Real Christianity isn't about unconditionally following whatever the Bible tells you to do. It's about a real and personal relationship with God. The Bible is simply a tool to become closer to God with. For example, the main Bible passage I follow is the entirety of Romans chapter 12. It speaks of being humble, showing mercy, and loving others sincerely. Real Christianity does not encourage genocide, rape, misogyny, or discrimination, no matter what other "Christians" say.
Actually you are in error, because jebus said to do it & commanded it of its followers against ALL those that tried to stand in its way -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [ them ] before me.
(Luke 19:27) KJV Story book
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:35:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM, IEnglishman wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.

Read your book for all of the citations.

... and you can't find a single positive statement concerning those "orders" in the entire NT.

The NT is just a part of the book and as such is irrelevant to the discussion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 8:12:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha

It can't be "better" but thanks again for proving my point

That's what you call proving your point?
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 8:13:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM, IEnglishman wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.

Read your book for all of the citations.

... and you can't find a single positive statement concerning those "orders" in the entire NT.

I didn't realize that they were reflecting the word of two different Gods.