Jump to topic:

Is it TRUE

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.
CindyNoelle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:06:37 AM
At 12/5/2014 8:56:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering if all the bible believers actually believe that they are ordered by their god to be genocidal?
You think that the majority of them could even name one to two of God's orders?
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder, infanticide, abortion, genocide and child rape. If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?
I doubt that they recognize this or ever will. They worship him out of inner fear and a deep necessity for authority to cast their problems and struggles on to.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM
At 12/5/2014 9:02:25 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Well you believe that morality is subjective remember? So genocide isn't truly wrong but you think it is. So thanks for sharing your opinion.

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:10:49 AM

God has ordered you to be an antagonist to Christian hypocrites who have no idea who God is.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:11:50 AM
At 12/5/2014 9:06:37 AM, CindyNoelle wrote:
You think that the majority of them could even name one to two of God's orders?
I doubt that they recognize this or ever will. They worship him out of inner fear and a deep necessity for authority to cast their problems and struggles on to.

YEP.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM
At 12/5/2014 9:10:16 AM, bulproof wrote:

And you think that morality comes from an infanticidal, homocidal, genocidal child rapist.

Yeah mine is better.

Now tell us why you don't believe in bible god and provide the bible verses that support your claim.
hahahahahahaha

It can't be "better" but thanks again for proving my point
IEnglishman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM
After all, the god of the bible orders his followers to commit murder,

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

If he is not ordering you, as his people, then are you actually his people?

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM

Personally I think that in the back of their minds they don't believe any of it. They know it's absurdity. But they've been told they must believe and therefore they convince themselves. They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

It is a wide gate you know... and many be there who enter through it. Yes? Their own savior told them not to take that gate. Oh well.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:45:53 PM
At 12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Yeah mine is better.

hahahahahahaha

Why can't it?
To believe is to know nothing.
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:56:27 PM

Most christians I know dont believe any of that.
John-son
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 2:05:09 PM
I think you're misunderstanding. Real Christianity isn't about unconditionally following whatever the Bible tells you to do. It's about a real and personal relationship with God. The Bible is simply a tool to become closer to God with. For example, the main Bible passage I follow is the entirety of Romans chapter 12. It speaks of being humble, showing mercy, and loving others sincerely. Real Christianity does not encourage genocide, rape, misogyny, or discrimination, no matter what other "Christians" say.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 3:02:32 PM

1. Those orders which God gave specifically to the Jews in Israel during the Old Testament apply to all Christians under the New Testament...how, exactly? For instance, the extermination of the Canaanites applied only to a grossly immoral people known as the Canaanites, and this command was a one time thing that happened 3000 years ago.
2. There have been numerous Christian apologists publishing papers defending God's actions and commands in the Old Testament.
3. Even if it's wrong for humans, God can do whatever the *expletive* He wants, and it wouldn't be wrong for Him to do so.
3. This kind of attack seems to be made mostly by atheists as a convenient distraction whenever Christians state that atheism can have no real morals (though society will certainly stop people from doing illegal stuff; but what society deems to be illegal may change). For instance, I mostly hear this from atheists after stating that atheism is amoral.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:44:14 PM
At 12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Personally I think that in the back of their minds they don't believe any of it. They know it's absurdity. But they've been told they must believe and therefore they convince themselves. They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

It is a wide gate you know... and many be there who enter through it. Yes? Their own savior told them not to take that gate. Oh well.

Jodybird wrote..........They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

Gentorev..............Are you sure that it's not a daily sense of individuality or perhaps a monthly sense of individuality?
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:49:07 PM
At 12/5/2014 10:44:14 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:43:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Jodybird wrote..........They defend it no matter how ridiculous it is just in case. It's peer pressure really and a week sense of individuality.

Gentorev..............Are you sure that it's not a daily sense of individuality or perhaps a monthly sense of individuality?

Cute. I'm using my cell phone and it often likes to fill in the blanks for me. *Weak*

Perhaps you can explain why religion so often uses peer pressure and why individuality is a WEAK trait among Christians, rev.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM
At 12/5/2014 12:45:24 PM, IEnglishman wrote:

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

This sentence makes no sense. Do you think pretending to be a retard makes people angry with you because you are sorely mistaken.

Read your book for all of the citations.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM
At 12/5/2014 10:51:28 PM, bulproof wrote:

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

... and you can't find a single positive statement concerning those "orders" in the entire NT.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:47:40 AM
At 12/5/2014 2:05:09 PM, John-son wrote:
I think you're misunderstanding. Real Christianity isn't about unconditionally following whatever the Bible tells you to do. It's about a real and personal relationship with God. The Bible is simply a tool to become closer to God with. For example, the main Bible passage I follow is the entirety of Romans chapter 12. It speaks of being humble, showing mercy, and loving others sincerely. Real Christianity does not encourage genocide, rape, misogyny, or discrimination, no matter what other "Christians" say.
Actually you are in error, because jebus said to do it & commanded it of its followers against ALL those that tried to stand in its way -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [ them ] before me.
(Luke 19:27) KJV Story book
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:35:03 AM
At 12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM, annanicole wrote:

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

... and you can't find a single positive statement concerning those "orders" in the entire NT.

The NT is just a part of the book and as such is irrelevant to the discussion.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 8:12:09 AM
At 12/5/2014 9:31:10 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Yeah mine is better.

hahahahahahaha

That's what you call proving your point?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 8:13:33 AM
At 12/6/2014 1:59:27 AM, annanicole wrote:

[citation needed]

infanticide,

[citation needed]

abortion,

[citation needed]

genocide

[citation needed]

and child rape.

[citation needed]

I didn't realize that they were reflecting the word of two different Gods.