Jump to topic:

"Expelled" poll

jjmd280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2008 8:55:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Expelled filmmakers set up a Myspace page, put up a poll ( http://answers.polldaddy.com... ) recieved these results - and then promptly deleted the poll link off their page. Typical creationist liars and cowards. They make a film about how dissent is not allowed, and yet they're the first ones to censor anything that dissents from their little fairy story world view.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2008 9:25:33 PM
"Expelled filmmakers" are not using force, nor funded by force. It is not possible for them to censor anything. Censorship requires force.

Now why they'd be dumb enough to take a poll, I'll never know.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2008 9:26:20 PM
Then again, why they'd be dumb enough to promote intelligent design, I'll never know.

Lol.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jjmd280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2008 12:07:10 AM
At 12/23/2008 9:25:33 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"Expelled filmmakers" are not using force, nor funded by force. It is not possible for them to censor anything. Censorship requires force.

Now why they'd be dumb enough to take a poll, I'll never know.

Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful or sensitive, as determined by a censor. Which they did.
Spaghettim0nst3r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2008 7:38:42 AM
I'm going to have to disagree, genuine censorship requires force imposed by someone capable of imposing it... like a government.

If a 2 year old covers his ears with his hands and starts singing "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" that is not censorship.

If someone removes content from a site they own, or simply just manage... like a myspace page... that is not censorship. There are many other outlets that a person can express what was taken off the site. This poll is a good example, it is still documented on the internet.

Genuine censorship requires the scope of power to forcefully lock down all forms of communication to suppress information. Only something like the government, or the mob, has this power.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2008 8:33:22 AM
At 12/24/2008 7:38:42 AM, Spaghettim0nst3r wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree, genuine censorship requires force imposed by someone capable of imposing it... like a government.

If a 2 year old covers his ears with his hands and starts singing "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" that is not censorship.

If someone removes content from a site they own, or simply just manage... like a myspace page... that is not censorship. There are many other outlets that a person can express what was taken off the site. This poll is a good example, it is still documented on the internet.

Genuine censorship requires the scope of power to forcefully lock down all forms of communication to suppress information. Only something like the government, or the mob, has this power.

Well they are definitley hiding some "dirty truths"
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 4:16:27 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
why does this have to do with this?
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 5:41:52 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 12/24/2008 7:38:42 AM, Spaghettim0nst3r wrote:

You are aware that liberals would disagree with you here?

You are aware that liberals disagree with you here?

None of those clear headed facts matter to the PC liberal. You cover up one letter he spray painted on your church and to him, that is censorship. Like America is currently doing to their votes for Hillary.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 11:59:30 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 12/24/2008 8:33:22 AM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Well they are definitley hiding some "dirty truths"
That's right. The OP isn't really about whether it's technically censorship but to point out some pretty blatant hypocrisy. Quibbles over the definition of censorship is missing the point.