Jump to topic:

Christian men are sexists!

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:36:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since I've come this forum I have been belittled over and over again by men who call themselves Christian. Every single one who have done this label themselves as a Christian. I've been calked the following terms and this is just to name a few:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
ATTENTION SEEKING to be SEXUALLY IDEALIZED (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

I've also been accused of being the alternate account for both Beastt and Bulproof. Perhaps because they don't think a female can have an intelligent or original idea of her own.

Why is this?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:05:40 PM
At 12/7/2014 12:36:30 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
Since I've come this forum I have been belittled over and over again by men who call themselves Christian. Every single one who have done this label themselves as a Christian. I've been calked the following terms and this is just to name a few:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

I've also been accused of being the alternate account for both Beastt and Bulproof. Perhaps because they don't think a female can have an intelligent or original idea of her own.

Why is this?

I have not labeled myself as a christian. And my comments are a non sequitur to women not being intelligent or having original ideas.

I haven't made any comments related to your sex that could not equally apply to male, transgender, hermaphrodite, etc..

If you are going to try to say i am sexiest you would have to provide evidence that my view of you is related to your sex and sex alone. Which is not the case. Thank you.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:13:19 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I am sorry that Christians have said these things about you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:15:15 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:13:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I am sorry that Christians have said these things about you.

I don't identify you with them, Vox. But thank you.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:02:06 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

You just answered your own question, "they don't think a female can have an intelligent or original idea of her own." They simply lack what you possess and treat women as the god of Abraham taught them.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:09:54 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

For one, those are three people. One of them is a massive troll and may not actually be Christian. I don't know who the other people are. You can't let three bad examples ruin your opinion of people who follow certain religions. Atheists aren't the kindest people either. I see more examples of them berating religious folk than religious people doing the same to the atheists.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:15:59 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Because the internet is anonymous. In real life, most of the people who insult me here wouldn't do it because they'd fear losing a hand courtesy of my knife, or a bullet with love from my gun. But I've slowly noticed that the best way to handle this site is with buddhist level tolerance of others. When someone insults you, simply turn the other cheek and attempt to be kind to them. If that doesn't work, give them the worst form of torture there is. Ignore them.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:37:52 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:05:40 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I have not labeled myself as a christian. And my comments are a non sequitur to women not being intelligent or having original ideas.

I haven't made any comments related to your sex that could not equally apply to male, transgender, hermaphrodite, etc..

If you are going to try to say i am sexiest you would have to provide evidence that my view of you is related to your sex and sex alone. Which is not the case. Thank you.

Evidence:

http://www.debate.org...

"It's not surprising. Beastt has always been a chubby kid. Turned to Christianity at a young age so that he could feel superior to "all those going to hell to burn for eternity". As he got older and he turned to atheism to set himself apart from the crowd. Probably becoming a police officer so he could continue to feel superior. this need of course arises because accolades and awards from work or achievements such as running marathons are so lacking in his life.

You have a need for attention. Maybe you were a stripper at one time or what not. Probably a voyeur. I don't know you as well as I know Beastt. But it's rather common to see women like you have low standards and go for men like Beastt. For the attention and the ease of which you can seduce such men because you both share a need for attention and praising even when there is no substantial achievement to warrant such commendations."

Then you went on to say...

"Are you passing time till Beastt swoops in as a white knight to defend the lady's honor?"

And when another poster told you it was inappropriate you said:

"You have never seen 2 people who have superiority complexes attracted to each other for the mutual support they give? Well I should say one has a superiority complex and the other a more simplistic drive for attention and desire to be sexually idealized."

Now, the burden of proof lies on you to show evidence that these remarks were not sexist in nature.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:38:59 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:02:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

You just answered your own question, "they don't think a female can have an intelligent or original idea of her own." They simply lack what you possess and treat women as the god of Abraham taught them.

It seems to be a trend among some of them for sure.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:42:34 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:15:59 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Because the internet is anonymous. In real life, most of the people who insult me here wouldn't do it because they'd fear losing a hand courtesy of my knife, or a bullet with love from my gun. But I've slowly noticed that the best way to handle this site is with buddhist level tolerance of others. When someone insults you, simply turn the other cheek and attempt to be kind to them. If that doesn't work, give them the worst form of torture there is. Ignore them.

Thank you for your very good advice and for standing up for me in that discussion. You demonstrate what Buddhism teaches. Thank you so much.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:47:46 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:09:54 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

For one, those are three people. One of them is a massive troll and may not actually be Christian. I don't know who the other people are. You can't let three bad examples ruin your opinion of people who follow certain religions. Atheists aren't the kindest people either. I see more examples of them berating religious folk than religious people doing the same to the atheists.

I know atheists can be abrasive. But the interesting thing is that none of the atheists, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, or Spiritualist here have said one single spiteful thing to me in a sexist manner. It's just these guys. An Mhykiel says he isn't Christian but he defends the Christian God.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:49:44 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:47:46 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I know atheists can be abrasive. But the interesting thing is that none of the atheists, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, or Spiritualist here have said one single spiteful thing to me in a sexist manner. It's just these guys. An Mhykiel says he isn't Christian but he defends the Christian God.

This is the internet. Home to narcissists, sadists, and overall jerks.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

silverxseed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:09:25 PM
These people are huge tools. However, while I won't say that all Christian men are sexist(I don't think that's exactly what you're saying either) there are certainly a lot and I will say that the religion itself is highly misogynistic. I mean it is an Abrahamic religion, they're all like that.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:09:46 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Only one is a troll (or trollish)?! ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:31:13 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

... I wanna be sexually idealized....
-sniff- :,|
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:53:31 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:37:52 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Evidence:

"It's not surprising. Beastt has always been a chubby kid. Turned to Christianity at a young age so that he could feel superior to "all those going to hell to burn for eternity". As he got older and he turned to atheism to set himself apart from the crowd. Probably becoming a police officer so he could continue to feel superior. this need of course arises because accolades and awards from work or achievements such as running marathons are so lacking in his life.

You have a need for attention. Maybe you were a stripper at one time or what not. Probably a voyeur. I don't know you as well as I know Beastt. But it's rather common to see women like you have low standards and go for men like Beastt. For the attention and the ease of which you can seduce such men because you both share a need for attention and praising even when there is no substantial achievement to warrant such commendations."

"Are you passing time till Beastt swoops in as a white knight to defend the lady's honor?"

"You have never seen 2 people who have superiority complexes attracted to each other for the mutual support they give? Well I should say one has a superiority complex and the other a more simplistic drive for attention and desire to be sexually idealized."

Now, the burden of proof lies on you to show evidence that these remarks were not sexist in nature.

The white knight comment is. But that was cheeky not serious. The rest is about compatibility and desires. Not sexist
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:04:13 PM
At 12/7/2014 3:53:31 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Evidence:

"You have never seen 2 people who have superiority complexes attracted to each other for the mutual support they give? Well I should say one has a superiority complex and the oth.er a more simplistic drive for attention and desire to be sexually idealized."

The white knight comment is. But that was cheeky not serious. The rest is about compatibility and desires. Not sexist

Really... so assuming I'm an ex stripper who is into voyeurism because I crave to be sexually idealized and to seduce men is not sexist? There isn't any level of sexual objectification in those assertions?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:09:06 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:04:13 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Evidence:

"You have never seen 2 people who have superiority complexes attracted to each other for the mutual support they give? Well I should say one has a superiority complex and the oth.er a more simplistic drive for attention and desire to be sexually idealized."

Really... so assuming I'm an ex stripper who is into voyeurism because I crave to be sexually idealized and to seduce men is not sexist? There isn't any level of sexual objectification in those assertions?

Did I say you use your womanly ways to seduce men? Or did I say mutual satisfaction can occur between two people?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:18:14 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:09:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Evidence:

Did I say you use your womanly ways to seduce men? Or did I say mutual satisfaction can occur between two people?

Mhykiel said, quote:

"But it's rather common to see women like you have low standards and go for men like Beastt. For the attention and the ease of which you can seduce such men because you both share a need for attention and praising even when there is no substantial achievement to warrant such commendations."

You said what you said. You can't lie because here it is in black and white. Try as you may to find a way out of this corner and you can't... these words can be interpreted in no other way.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:20:06 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Do I defend a christian God or argue Athiest on a misrepresentation of Bible concepts? Can I not entertain an idea without subscribing to it?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:21:20 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:20:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Do I defend a christian God or argue Athiest on a misrepresentation of Bible concepts? Can I not entertain an idea without subscribing to it?

No deflections. Keep to the subject.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:30:05 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:18:14 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:09:06 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Evidence:

Mhykiel said, quote:

"But it's rather common to see women like you have low standards and go for men like Beastt. For the attention and the ease of which you can seduce such men because you both share a need for attention and praising even when there is no substantial achievement to warrant such commendations."

You said what you said. You can't lie because here it is in black and white. Try as you may to find a way out of this corner and you can't... these words can be interpreted in no other way.

You're right I clearly did cross a line. But I don't see what I said as being sexist. I don't think you are anymore seductive, foolish, or egotistical becuase of you being a woman. Or any more or less than any man could be.

Clearly such a relationship can be seen by men who appeal to a womans ego. Human nature is human nature not everything illustrated as happening between the sexes or differences of the sexes is sexist.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:35:39 PM
At 12/7/2014 3:31:13 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

... I wanna be sexually idealized....
-sniff- :,|

Appearently saying someone wants to be admired and considered sexy is a sexist insult.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:45:57 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:49:44 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Among who, you, "who frequent this forum," must count yourself.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:47:28 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:45:57 PM, Gentorev wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I don't frequent this forum and I almost never promote myself.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:51:59 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:45:57 PM, Gentorev wrote:

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

I can admit in person I would have shown more tact and I listen more in real life.

So is interent conversations more honest than inperson? If so secretly we all are jerks.
Gaming_Debater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:22:52 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

Because they read a sexist book. And those Beastt and Bulproof accusations are probably because you post to the religion forum A LOT like they both do.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:17:13 PM

WHORE (LMGIG)
WITCH (LMGIG)
TOOL (Neutral)
STRIPPER (Mhykiel)
VOYEUR (Mhykiel)
PRECIOUS (Neutral)

Why is this?

You're guilty by association, Jody. I, for one, was glad to see a feminine voice in the forum (and you are by no means a strong atheist). For a while it seemed to civilize us just a little. However, you identified with atheism, and that immediately painted a target on your back. I'm not defending neutral by any means, but he seems like an equal opportunity abuser of atheists. With the other two, you are spot on.

Contrast this with Anna Nicole. Unlike you, she is quite abrasive and less than an honest debater. Yet I have never seen a hint of sexism directed at her by atheists. We attack her arguments, not her sex.

This is probably the reason why a lot of members on this site don't identify their gender in their profiles. Men behave badly on the internet. Christian men seem to behave particularly badly. It's a patriarchal religion dominated by men. Maybe that's it.