Total Posts:274|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is God's word a lie?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:43:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

No idea, it depends on what god you refer.

Your words, on the other hand...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.

You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:11:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

There is no fantasy in God's word, but as God's accuser it is your place to prove him wrong.

Sorry but you can either do it now, or when your judgement comes, or of course both.

At least now you only have to defend you accusations to me, later it will be to God's own son.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:12:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:43:08 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

No idea, it depends on what god you refer.

Your words, on the other hand...

That's true. Howevr there are, as scripture many gods, but only one True God and Father of all, and it is to that one I refer, and that one I serve.

Oh, and no, I don't think so. I know so.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:19:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:11:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

There is no fantasy in God's word, but as God's accuser it is your place to prove him wrong.

I am not accusing any mythical character of anything. I am accusing you of believing in fictions. You think a talking snake is not a fantasy? You think a talking donkey is not a fantasy? You think talking trees are not a fantasy?

Sorry but you can either do it now, or when your judgement comes, or of course both.

Mythical characters exist in fictional stories. They exist only in fantasy land.
Believers in mythical characters obviously exist in reality. They are however lost in fantasy land.
I judge you as being one of them. That is my judgment of you. My judgment of myself is that I live in reality and have faced the fact that talking trees and talking animals are all fictional.

At least now you only have to defend you accusations to me, later it will be to God's own son.

I accuse you of being self deceived because you believe talking animals and talking trees are real. You said "There is no fantasy in God's word," If you truly believe that talking trees and animals are not a fantasy, then you are obviously a very gullible and childish person.
Jayhawker_Soule
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:26:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Childish rubbish. You 'prove' that some word or set of words is, in fact, the word of God and then we can further discuss the matter.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:29:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:12:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I don't think so. I know so.

That is a lie and you know it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:35:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

No, its not, but... since you asked.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

Well, they have adequately presented a case, but its usually dismissed in favor of your book.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

That came from my folks.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

So has Zeus. Or Thor. Or my personal favorite (the origin of your God), Ra.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Non existent things can't do what I say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

The part about the talking things was proof enough, but getting down to the nitty gritty, God's word has routinely been jotted down by men, then claimed to be His guidance. God has the capability of delivering His word if He so desired. Its well within His power. Because He chooses to routinely use men, one can safely assume either He doesn't want His word to be known, or He doesn't exist, its just the men writing things down and making it up as they go along.

The creator of the universe doesn't need man to write down His laws. He could literally carve them on every major installation of rock across the planet. He could literally written 'I am watching you' in the various languages across the face of the moon, as a constant reminder. He could do thousands of things to clearly and easily relay His desires for us. Its not hard, especially so for some one whom is omnipotent.

His choice? Men with motive.

Tasty pick, right?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:41:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

You have not established the following:
1. That there is a god.
2. That God has a word.
3. That God's word is within our reach.
4. That God's word can be pinpointed.

When you successfully do the following, then we can try and establish if "God's word" is a lie or not. Until then, we have only claims of things being the word of god.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:06:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:29:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:12:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I don't think so. I know so.

That is a lie and you know it.

Nope it is true, I do know it. I have seen more than enough proof for it to go way past belief or even faith.

You would have to if you weren't so determinedly blind to it.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:13:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:41:40 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

You have not established the following:
1. That there is a god.

I don't need to, it is a well established fact despite all those who tryt to claim it isn't. Therefore the burden of proof isa not with me, but with God's accusers.

Just because people choose not to believe it but to believe the lies instaed does nto stop it being true.

2. That God has a word.

Again the evidence of that is incontrovertible to those who choose not to ignore it. The bible is scientifically, historically and prophetically accurate. Has been proven so, and continues to be proven so.

It also teaches truths that onyl God could know. The men of the time it was written certainyl didn't, and we are only just proving them right in the last century or so.

There is no evicdence whatever against it.

3. That God's word is within our reach.

Well it's within mine, and therefore is within the reach of everyone who reaches out for it. (JAmes 1:5-8)

The fact that is in my reach proves that it must be within everyones.

4. That God's word can be pinpointed.


As above.

When you successfully do the following, then we can try and establish if "God's word" is a lie or not. Until then, we have only claims of things being the word of god.

The problem is that you have to prove it to yourself, all I can do is help, and that is what I am doing here.

I can tell you the truth until the cows come home, and beyond, but if you fail to prove it for yourself it is only "my" truth, you need to make it your own as I have.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:28:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:35:12 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

No, its not, but... since you asked.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

Well, they have adequately presented a case, but its usually dismissed in favor of your book.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

That came from my folks.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

So has Zeus. Or Thor. Or my personal favorite (the origin of your God), Ra.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Non existent things can't do what I say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

The part about the talking things was proof enough, but getting down to the nitty gritty, God's word has routinely been jotted down by men, then claimed to be His guidance. God has the capability of delivering His word if He so desired. Its well within His power. Because He chooses to routinely use men, one can safely assume either He doesn't want His word to be known, or He doesn't exist, its just the men writing things down and making it up as they go along.


If he didn't want his word to be known he wouldn't reveal it at all, why should he bother..

What do you expect? Miracles?

What good did all the mriacles that IS raelo saw do them.

They saw the waters of the Red Sea parted for about 2 miles giveng them ground dry enough not to be chrurned up by millions of human feet, even more animal feet and goodness knows how many heavily laden wagong wheels, and crossed at some speed at that.

They saw the waters at teh Jordan held back against a flood so they could cross to go to Jericho.

They saw the walls of Jericho collapse, all bar the bit that Rahab, who had helped the spies, lived in.

They saw the sun appear to stand still over the plains of Aijalon "for almost a whole day".

They saw all that and much more besides, and still they rejected God as king over them and demanded a human king. Still they p0roed unfaithful.

First century followers of Christ watched him die, and then saw him alive in spirit form later, talked with him, ate with him, saw him enveloped into a cloud and disappear. Yet within 70 years the faiuth had gone throroughly Apostate.

What good do miracles do? none whatever.

The creator of the universe doesn't need man to write down His laws. He could literally carve them on every major installation of rock across the planet. He could literally written 'I am watching you' in the various languages across the face of the moon, as a constant reminder. He could do thousands of things to clearly and easily relay His desires for us. Its not hard, especially so for some one whom is omnipotent.


Again what good would that do. Israel had the 10 commandments written in stone by God's own hand, but still they failed him.

His choice? Men with motive.

But what motive? Not money certainly, and not power either. Sexd? definitely not.

No, their only motive was teh same as mine, to serve God and thier fellow man, to find and disseminate truth. Nothing wrong with that as a motive.


Tasty pick, right?

Well it works for thsoe who care abotu truth enough to listen and investigate it for themselves. So yeash, the perfect pick.

The written word, God's word, the Bible, has had more feffect on mankind than all his miracles ever did. Even amongst those who don't resally understand it.

So yes. His way works, and it works well.

He also said the time would come when he would write his laws on men's hearts, and it is here. He has written them on mine bnecause I truste3d him and opened up nmy heart to him.

Get to know him through hi8s word and he will do teh same for you, or anyone else honest enough to do so

James 1:5-8; John 4:23,24.

Wether we lilke it or not, God's way is always best in the long term.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:29:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:29:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:12:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I don't think so. I know so.

That is a lie and you know it.

Nope, I don't need to lie, teh truth is far more powerful.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:43:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:26:01 PM, Jayhawker_Soule wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Childish rubbish. You 'prove' that some word or set of words is, in fact, the word of God and then we can further discuss the matter.

I have proved it, as have others before me.

God's word is scientifiically, historically and prophetically accurate.

Simple as that, provided of course that you use your power of reason to nudertand it. Instead of your unreason to argue against it.

If you read Genesis 1 with your power of reason turned on, and actually think about it, it fits in precisely with what science says about the order of creation despite the fact that no human knew the truth of it until about a century ago.

It tells us in verse 1, in a bald statement, that the heavens and the earth were created. It doesn't say when, or how long it took jujst that theyw ere created

If you think about what you are resading you will realise that from verse 2 on it is written as if fmr the viewpoint of someone watching from the earth.

Nos think.

Since the heavens anbd the earth were already created, light appearing can only mean that the atmosphere cleared enough for light to penetrate to the earths surfacce, just like was experienced in teh Philippines when Mount Pinatubo errupted and turned day into ngiht for about a week and then cleared.

Also, since the heavens and the earth ahd already been created, verse 14 can only be telling us that the clouds had cleared and the sun and moon were made visible. you canot have them created twice, as somme would like to. It is unreasonable.

So read with the power of reason, that is therefore a 100% accurate account as far as the account goes inot any detail at all.

And that is not the only way scripture is accurate.

For decades people tried to claim that Isaiah's prophecy about Cyrus capturing Babylon was only accurate becuase it was written after the event.

At least they did until someone dug up an account of Cyrus actually reading that prophecy and deciding a God who knew his name before he was born had better be obeyed and did just what the prophecy said.

Self fulfilling? Maybe, but that just proves that God has the power to make sure that all his prophecies cokme true, and always will. After all, as Cyrus noted, God had already told Isaha what he would called.

I have proved it, as I have many times before, even though I have no real need to. After all, I could jsut let you die couldn't I. I don't need to try and overcome your stupid insults and try and save your life.

However, my God wants as many as will listen to be saved so, I carry on, because what he wants, I want.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:44:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:19:40 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:11:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

There is no fantasy in God's word, but as God's accuser it is your place to prove him wrong.

I am not accusing any mythical character of anything. I am accusing you of believing in fictions. You think a talking snake is not a fantasy? You think a talking donkey is not a fantasy? You think talking trees are not a fantasy?

Sorry but you can either do it now, or when your judgement comes, or of course both.

Mythical characters exist in fictional stories. They exist only in fantasy land.
Believers in mythical characters obviously exist in reality. They are however lost in fantasy land.
I judge you as being one of them. That is my judgment of you. My judgment of myself is that I live in reality and have faced the fact that talking trees and talking animals are all fictional.


At least now you only have to defend you accusations to me, later it will be to God's own son.

I accuse you of being self deceived because you believe talking animals and talking trees are real. You said "There is no fantasy in God's word," If you truly believe that talking trees and animals are not a fantasy, then you are obviously a very gullible and childish person.

Well you are accusing him of being mythicval for a start, lol, and he says he isn't.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:49:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:28:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:35:12 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

No, its not, but... since you asked.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

Well, they have adequately presented a case, but its usually dismissed in favor of your book.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

That came from my folks.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

So has Zeus. Or Thor. Or my personal favorite (the origin of your God), Ra.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Non existent things can't do what I say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

The part about the talking things was proof enough, but getting down to the nitty gritty, God's word has routinely been jotted down by men, then claimed to be His guidance. God has the capability of delivering His word if He so desired. Its well within His power. Because He chooses to routinely use men, one can safely assume either He doesn't want His word to be known, or He doesn't exist, its just the men writing things down and making it up as they go along.


If he didn't want his word to be known he wouldn't reveal it at all, why should he bother..

What do you expect? Miracles?

What good did all the mriacles that IS raelo saw do them.

Harry Potter defeated Voldemort. Your story holds just as much credibility. Superman also save the world from Zod. We saw it. It happened.

They saw the waters of the Red Sea parted for about 2 miles giveng them ground dry enough not to be chrurned up by millions of human feet, even more animal feet and goodness knows how many heavily laden wagong wheels, and crossed at some speed at that.

They saw the waters at teh Jordan held back against a flood so they could cross to go to Jericho.

They saw the walls of Jericho collapse, all bar the bit that Rahab, who had helped the spies, lived in.

They saw the sun appear to stand still over the plains of Aijalon "for almost a whole day".

They saw all that and much more besides, and still they rejected God as king over them and demanded a human king. Still they p0roed unfaithful.

First century followers of Christ watched him die, and then saw him alive in spirit form later, talked with him, ate with him, saw him enveloped into a cloud and disappear. Yet within 70 years the faiuth had gone throroughly Apostate.

What good do miracles do? none whatever.

The creator of the universe doesn't need man to write down His laws. He could literally carve them on every major installation of rock across the planet. He could literally written 'I am watching you' in the various languages across the face of the moon, as a constant reminder. He could do thousands of things to clearly and easily relay His desires for us. Its not hard, especially so for some one whom is omnipotent.


Again what good would that do. Israel had the 10 commandments written in stone by God's own hand, but still they failed him.

Chiseled by man, stop being obtuse.

His choice? Men with motive.

But what motive? Not money certainly, and not power either. Sexd? definitely not.

No, their only motive was teh same as mine, to serve God and thier fellow man, to find and disseminate truth. Nothing wrong with that as a motive.

Or control people. Motive.


Tasty pick, right?

Well it works for thsoe who care abotu truth enough to listen and investigate it for themselves. So yeash, the perfect pick.

The written word, God's word, the Bible, has had more feffect on mankind than all his miracles ever did. Even amongst those who don't resally understand it.

And especially on those who never saw it. -eye roll-

So yes. His way works, and it works well.

So does Ra's and Zeus'.

He also said the time would come when he would write his laws on men's hearts, and it is here. He has written them on mine bnecause I truste3d him and opened up nmy heart to him.

D'aw, you have a special relationship with your special friend! I remember having friends like God... when I was 7.

Get to know him through hi8s word and he will do teh same for you, or anyone else honest enough to do so

And if they did, and He didn't gosh darn it, they just weren't honest enough!


James 1:5-8; John 4:23,24.

Wether we lilke it or not, God's way is always best in the long term.

God's way is whatever happens, it takes a serious amount of projection to see the world as anything other than what it is.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:50:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
MCB DOES NOT BELIEVE HIS SUPPOSED god!

Proof -

***The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. (The Watchtower 1931 November 1 p.327)

So according to the Botchtower, their god told them -

"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more excellent Name than they."" Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4

Yet Botchtower vomit MCB persists of late to openly preach the exact opposite?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:54:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:49:44 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

What good did all the mriacles that IS raelo saw do them.

Harry Potter defeated Voldemort. Your story holds just as much credibility. Superman also save the world from Zod. We saw it. It happened.


Hardly, sicne God's word is truth not fiction.

They saw the waters of the Red Sea parted for about 2 miles giveng them ground dry enough not to be chrurned up by millions of human feet, even more animal feet and goodness knows how many heavily laden wagong wheels, and crossed at some speed at that.

They saw the waters at teh Jordan held back against a flood so they could cross to go to Jericho.

They saw the walls of Jericho collapse, all bar the bit that Rahab, who had helped the spies, lived in.

They saw the sun appear to stand still over the plains of Aijalon "for almost a whole day".

They saw all that and much more besides, and still they rejected God as king over them and demanded a human king. Still they p0roed unfaithful.

First century followers of Christ watched him die, and then saw him alive in spirit form later, talked with him, ate with him, saw him enveloped into a cloud and disappear. Yet within 70 years the faiuth had gone throroughly Apostate.

What good do miracles do? none whatever.

The creator of the universe doesn't need man to write down His laws. He could literally carve them on every major installation of rock across the planet. He could literally written 'I am watching you' in the various languages across the face of the moon, as a constant reminder. He could do thousands of things to clearly and easily relay His desires for us. Its not hard, especially so for some one whom is omnipotent.


Again what good would that do. Israel had the 10 commandments written in stone by God's own hand, but still they failed him.

Chiseled by man, stop being obtuse.

No, by God's own "hand" Moses,it is you who is being obtuse.


Or control people. Motive.


I don;t want to control popl Jesus didnt; want to control poeple.

All God, Christ and I want is poeple to lern to control themsleves to the benefit of all mankind.

The written word, God's word, the Bible, has had more feffect on mankind than all his miracles ever did. Even amongst those who don't resally understand it.

And especially on those who never saw it. -eye roll-

So yes. His way works, and it works well.

So does Ra's and Zeus'.

HArdly they died out centuries ago in effdct t5he worship of teh true God has gone on for millennia, ever since creation in fact.


He also said the time would come when he would write his laws on men's hearts, and it is here. He has written them on mine bnecause I truste3d him and opened up nmy heart to him.

D'aw, you have a special relationship with your special friend! I remember having friends like God... when I was 7.

You have never had a friend like God, but the relaitonship I have with him is one anyone can enjoy if they choose to.


Get to know him through hi8s word and he will do teh same for you, or anyone else honest enough to do so

And if they did, and He didn't gosh darn it, they just weren't honest enough!


James 1:5-8; John 4:23,24.

Wether we lilke it or not, God's way is always best in the long term.

God's way is whatever happens, it takes a serious amount of projection to see the world as anything other than what it is.

No, "whatever happens" at the moment is Satan's way. God's way is what will happen when Satan's time is finally up.

Maybe it is easier for me because I don't have to imagine life being as God wants it to be because I have lived it to a limtied extent working alongside his poeple on erth at the moment.

There are about 8,000,000 people throughout this earth trying hard to practice God's ways at this time, and growing by about 2% every year.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:55:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:50:27 PM, Composer wrote:
MCB DOES NOT BELIEVE HIS SUPPOSED god!

Proof -

***The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. (The Watchtower 1931 November 1 p.327)

So according to the Botchtower, their god told them -

"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more excellent Name than they."" Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4

Yet Botchtower vomit MCB persists of late to openly preach the exact opposite?

You realy enjoy making yourself look stupid don;t you, lol.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:31:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 4:12:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:43:08 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

No idea, it depends on what god you refer.

Your words, on the other hand...

That's true. Howevr there are, as scripture many gods, but only one True God and Father of all, and it is to that one I refer, and that one I serve.

Oh, and no, I don't think so. I know so.

There are also many sheep yet only one real body of sheep. The father of the sheep is the sheep.
It is to that body of sheep, I refer. To the real one not to the fake ones. However they are all tasty regardless of whether they are real or imaginary. The real ones do taste better in reality though.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:50:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

The Word of God is God's invisible creation where we were all born ( His spirit ). The Bible is NOT the Word of God. It contains religious ideas from God's plan called the beast mixed with stolen words from the saints and prophets who testified to the invisible Word of God. The new testament is totally trashed with mostly religious ideas that antichrists embraced since the Babylonian days with some Jewish traditions mixed in it such as water baptism that has nothing to do with knowing our Creator.

Every single person who has read the Bible has been deceived from the Truth, which is a symbolic name that God calls Himself and HIs thoughts where we all exist. The visible illusions ( flesh and other objects ) that make up the defined world that we all observe is what kept us all deceived from our invisible existence as God's thoughts converted into vibrations that no man can see. These vibrations are God's language that needs to be processed into illusions that we can experience and make us believe we're real.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:52:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

The stupid get more stupid as they continue to write and speak. Stupid people don't understand any of the prophecies.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:53:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:44:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:19:40 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:11:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

There is no fantasy in God's word, but as God's accuser it is your place to prove him wrong.

I am not accusing any mythical character of anything. I am accusing you of believing in fictions. You think a talking snake is not a fantasy? You think a talking donkey is not a fantasy? You think talking trees are not a fantasy?

Sorry but you can either do it now, or when your judgement comes, or of course both.

Mythical characters exist in fictional stories. They exist only in fantasy land.
Believers in mythical characters obviously exist in reality. They are however lost in fantasy land.
I judge you as being one of them. That is my judgment of you. My judgment of myself is that I live in reality and have faced the fact that talking trees and talking animals are all fictional.


At least now you only have to defend you accusations to me, later it will be to God's own son.

I accuse you of being self deceived because you believe talking animals and talking trees are real. You said "There is no fantasy in God's word," If you truly believe that talking trees and animals are not a fantasy, then you are obviously a very gullible and childish person.

Well you are accusing him of being mythicval for a start, lol, and he says he isn't.

Sure MCB. A mythical character in a story book claims he is not mythical and you believe him? Makes a lot of sense. Children obviously believe whatever myths they want to believe.
I am still accusing you of being a gullible child in your mind. I am accusing you of believing that trees and animals actually spoke once upon a time. I am accusing you of being gullible and blind when you claim there is no fantasy in the bible stories.

The CONCEPT of God is very real and obviously has a great affect on humanity. The character God is however as mythical as the wolf in the story of red riding hood. That wolf might just as well represent the devil which is also not real but represents all that humans perceive as being evil.

Human imagination and human authors have personified the human concept of good and evil in many different ways through many different cultures as gods of various kinds. All the characters and talking animals are mythical in spite of the concept of good and evil being very real in human perception. God=Good and the devil= evil. That is the simplicity of it all.
The supernatural characters do not exist. The concepts obviously do. They are personified through human characters, actions and attitudes.
They ( good and evil) can still be observed in human characteristics today and always will because it is all part of human nature.
Jayhawker_Soule
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:01:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:43:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:26:01 PM, Jayhawker_Soule wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Childish rubbish. You 'prove' that some word or set of words is, in fact, the word of God and then we can further discuss the matter.

I have proved it, as have others before me.

That is sadly delusional.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:01:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 5:49:44 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/7/2014 5:28:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Wether we lilke it or not, God's way is always best in the long term.

God's way is whatever happens, it takes a serious amount of projection to see the world as anything other than what it is.

Call it God or Fate or Mother Nature or the Universe or whatever else you wish to label it. What will be will be and no amount of belief or unbelief in any supernatural characters will change that fact. In the end all end up in the grave and will never be physically resurrected from that grave.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:05:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

What God are you talking about?

Zeus, Thor, Allah, Baal?

There is no evidence to prove any God is wrong.

They all could be real. There also could be no God.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:07:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 6:54:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There are about 8,000,000 people throughout this earth trying hard to practice God's ways at this time, and growing by about 2% every year.

WIDE is the road to destruction and MANY there be which walk along it.

Matt 7:13 ........... for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I would not call 8.000.000 people, FEW, would you? I recon they would fit the category of MANY on the WIDE road.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:17:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 7:52:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:50:55 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Are you referring to the bible stories and calling them God's word?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

He gave us all life.

Life gave us life. It also gives us death as part of the package.

He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

The evidence of life is life itself.
Any evidence of any mythical characters existing is only found in fictional stories.
Reality is evidence of reality
Fiction is evidence of fiction.
Everything is evidence of nothing but itself. Whatever else you presume from what you see and observe is evidence of your own perception which includes imagination.


Your turn.

Have you got the moral couraghe to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

Mythical characters have no case to win. It is the believers in mythical characters who want to win by default because they think no one can prove that God does not exist but they also cannot prove any supernatural character does exist in reality.
In the end reality wins at all times and you end up dead regardless of what you believe.


You think it's fantasy?

Yes, the bible stories are filled with fantasy.

Prove it, or admit you can't.

Talking snakes, talking trees, talking donkeys, dragons with seven heads, men magically appearing from literal dust, bones coming to life, people rising out of graves, .... do I need to go on or do you have proof that these things exist in reality and really happened?

The stupid get more stupid as they continue to write and speak. Stupid people don't understand any of the prophecies.

Interpreted as....
Brad gets more and more stupid as he continues to write and speak. Stupid self deceived people like Brad have no clue what they are talking about.

Just forgive their ignorance and stupidity.
Gaming_Debater
Posts: 233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:17:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 3:35:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you think so?

Well as the accusers it is your place to prove your case.

Go to it, no-one has succeeded so far, maybe you'll be the first.

God has nothign to prove.

Yes he does. Or at least theists do. If it's God's BoP, he is subject to the same rules of logic and argumentation as everybody else until he proves his claim. If it is theists' BoP, then they must prove that God is like they say he is.


He gave us all life.

Just because science doesn't give an answer doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with fairy tales.


He has given us his evidence, both in his word and in life around us.

Oh, he has, has he? Please tell me all about how there is evidence in a book written by brain-damaged hallucinating, scienceless dumbfvcks.

Have you got the moral courage to take your turn are are you going to sit back and let God win his case by default, because win it he will whatever you do or say.

You think it's fantasy?

Prove it, or admit you can't.

There is no scientific evidence for it and God's traits are incoherent.

Omnipotent= corrupt= not omnibenevolent

If one of God's traits is proven implausible, then it's proven that he's not real.