Jump to topic:

Who is the eighth son of Jesse?

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 10:02:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1st Samuel 17: 12; David was the son of Jesse, who was an Ephrathite from Bethlehem in Judah. Jesse had eight sons etc, etc.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 10:37:32 PM
At 12/8/2014 10:02:25 PM, Gentorev wrote:
1st Samuel 17: 12; David was the son of Jesse, who was an Ephrathite from Bethlehem in Judah. Jesse had eight sons etc, etc.

1st Chronicles 2: 13; Jesse had seven sons. In order of Age they were: Eliab, Abinadab, Shammah, Nethanel, Raddai, Ozem and David. according to the GNB, Jesse also had two daughters, Zaruriah and Abigail.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 12:23:24 AM
At 12/8/2014 10:37:32 PM, Gentorev wrote:

1st Chronicles 2: 13; Jesse had seven sons. In order of Age they were: Eliab, Abinadab, Shammah, Nethanel, Raddai, Ozem and David. according to the GNB, Jesse also had two daughters, Zaruriah and Abigail.

The Hebrew word ""achoth" which the GNB has interpreted "Daughters" should be correctly translated "Sisters." And so 1st Chronicles 2: 12-16; should read; " Jesse had seven sons. In order of Age they were: Eliab, Abinadab, Shammah, Nethanel, Raddai, Ozem and David the seventh, whose sisters were Zeruriah and Abigail.

The Bible states that they were the sisters of David, it does not say that they were the daughters of Jesse, as was erroneously interpreted in the GNB, who believed that if they were the sisters of David, then they had to be the daughters of Jesse. WRONG! .
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 12:56:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/9/2014 12:27:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
James. :)

Wrong! But then what can one expect from a godless atheist, who is totally ignorant to the hidden truths as revealed in the scriptures.

Unless you have something constructive to add to the subject in question, I will not be responding to any of your rubbish, which is designed to do nothing more than derail the topic.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:05:31 AM
At 12/9/2014 12:56:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/9/2014 12:27:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
James. :)

Wrong! But then what can one expect from a godless atheist, who is totally ignorant to the hidden truths as revealed in the scriptures.

Unless you have something constructive to add to the subject in question, I will not be responding to any of your rubbish, which is designed to do nothing more than derail the topic.

Actually it was a joke "joyce", but being as anal retentive as you are you wouldn't get it and if you think your pathetic threats to ignore me have any effect, then you are as insane as the madman.

Off ya go and tell mummy I'm a bully, I'm sure she'll wipe your nose and kiss your forehead.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:22:49 AM

Who the f*ck cares?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:39:18 AM
The seagulls are beginning to gather, screeching and sqawking, in their attempt to crap on every post to which they have no answer.

These, who have nothing constructive to add to the subject will all be ignored in this particular thread.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:47:49 AM
At 12/9/2014 1:39:18 AM, Gentorev wrote:
The seagulls are beginning to gather, screeching and sqawking, in their attempt to crap on every post to which they have no answer.

These, who have nothing constructive to add to the subject will all be ignored in this particular thread.

The transcript of recording of rev and his fiendish fellows reads.

mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.

It's fine, you don't have to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 2:34:32 AM
No takers? Well here is another clue. The godless atheists who are ignorant to the hidden truths in the scriptures, have in the past, suggested to me that 1st Samuel 17: 12; which states that Jesse had 8 sons, was just another example where the bible appears to contradict itself, in the fact that 1st chronicles 2: 12; reveals that Jesse sired only seven sons.

But they, as always are proven wrong by the words of the Lord himself.

1st Samuel 16: 6-10; Samuel goes to the house of Jesse to choose a replacement king to Saul, who God had rejected, where Jesse presents all of his sons to the prophet of the Lord.

First came Eliab, who was rejected, then Abinadab, who was also rejected, next was Shammah the third son sired by Jesse, but he too was rejected. In this manner, (In the order of their ages) Jesse presented seven of his sons to Samuel, but the Lord rejected all seven.

Then Samuel asked if they were any more sons, and he was told that David the youngest son of Jesse, was still out in the fields caring for the livestock.

David was called in and chosen by the Lord, before being anointed by the prophet as King Saul's successor.

.Not only does this prove that Jesse did indeed have 8 sons, it also reveals that the son who is not recorded in 1st chronicles among the biological son of Jesse, is older than David.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 2:58:51 AM
I heard a squawking in the distance,
Like two seagulls being plucked
And their screams were almost human
I think the birds were f------
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 3:08:54 AM
But enough of this, we can't be seen to be brought down to the level of the Godless.atheists who haunt the religious forums in their attempt to abuse and, or ridicule any and every persons God.

Has any intelligent person worked out the name of Davids older brother who is not recorded among the sons that were sired by Jesse? Or must I give you all, yet another clue?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:56:27 AM
At 12/9/2014 3:08:54 AM, Gentorev wrote:
But enough of this, we can't be seen to be brought down to the level of the Godless.atheists who haunt the religious forums in their attempt to abuse and, or ridicule any and every persons God.

Has any intelligent person worked out the name of Davids older brother who is not recorded among the sons that were sired by Jesse? Or must I give you all, yet another clue?

So you're here to be a hero and impress us all with your useless knowledge of fictional characters in a fairy tale book. Don't you have something better to do? Take your wife out to see a film. Walk the dog. Water your garden. Do something constructive. Or maybe try and convince us all again how a comet can hang over a house all night. LMAO.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:15:03 AM

Who is the father of jesus?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 11:50:35 AM
At 12/9/2014 5:56:27 AM, dee-em wrote:

So you're here to be a hero and impress us all with your useless knowledge of fictional characters in a fairy tale book. Don't you have something better to do? Take your wife out to see a film. Walk the dog. Water your garden. Do something constructive. Or maybe try and convince us all again how a comet can hang over a house all night. LMAO.

Lol! I'm pretty sure this person has nothing better to do. It's kinda sad.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 3:43:40 PM
At 12/9/2014 11:50:35 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Do you know what's sadder? The questions are aimed at Christians, his brethren, but they totally ignore him. It's only atheists who will give him the time of day, even if it is only to poke fun at him.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:47:08 PM

Why didn't Gandalf just get the eagles to fly Froddo and the ring straight to Mt. Doom so he could drop it in?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:34:36 PM
At 12/9/2014 4:47:08 PM, dee-em wrote:

Why didn't Gandalf just get the eagles to fly Froddo and the ring straight to Mt. Doom so he could drop it in?

Holy crap! Yeah! How come?!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:18:19 PM

Oh look! Another squawking seagull is stuck on my post. Stuck in the crap that was left by her two foulmouthed godless companions.

Don"t they seem to be enjoying themselves, rabbiting on about nothing as is their habit.

At least this one doesn"t use the offensive "F" word, like her squawking friend who also relies on using outright lies.

Dee-em wrote.......... Or maybe try and convince us all again how a comet can hang over a house all night. LMAO..

Well what can we expect from the godless atheists who haunt the religious forums day and nightd?, How sad it is to watch them waste their time, as they pursue with zeal and conscientious devotion, their one objective, which is to denigrate the God of every person

From the Universal Dictionary: "RELIGION".....Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

And they say that Atheism isn"t a religion. Well it is to this mob.

Why would this foul mouthed seagull insinuate that I said that a comet had hovered over a house all night? Is it because he is simply unable to comprehend that which he had read, or is he just using the lying tongue, that he appears to have inherited from the father of all lies.

Instead of trying to get me off topic, he would be well advised to return to the thread that he is referring to and re-read what had been said. It might also be advisable for him to go to his search machine and look up some of the many comets that are seen to be standing over earthly structures, such as buildings and Stone-henge, etc, etc.

But as to you mob, please do continue squawking and screeching and crapping on my post, as you apparently have nothing better to do. Let others see you mob for who you really are.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:25:21 PM
At 12/9/2014 6:18:19 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Oh look! Another squawking seagull is stuck on my post. Stuck in the crap that was left by her two foulmouthed godless companions.

Don"t they seem to be enjoying themselves, rabbiting on about nothing as is their habit.

At least this one doesn"t use the offensive "F" word, like her squawking friend who also relies on using outright lies.

Dee-em wrote.......... Or maybe try and convince us all again how a comet can hang over a house all night. LMAO..

Well what can we expect from the godless atheists who haunt the religious forums day and nightd?, How sad it is to watch them waste their time, as they pursue with zeal and conscientious devotion, their one objective, which is to denigrate the God of every person

From the Universal Dictionary: "RELIGION".....Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

And they say that Atheism isn"t a religion. Well it is to this mob.

Why would this foul mouthed seagull insinuate that I said that a comet had hovered over a house all night? Is it because he is simply unable to comprehend that which he had read, or is he just using the lying tongue, that he appears to have inherited from the father of all lies.

Instead of trying to get me off topic, he would be well advised to return to the thread that he is referring to and re-read what had been said. It might also be advisable for him to go to his search machine and look up some of the many comets that are seen to be standing over earthly structures, such as buildings and Stone-henge, etc, etc.

But as to you mob, please do continue squawking and screeching and crapping on my post, as you apparently have nothing better to do. Let others see you mob for who you really are.

Hey Rev... maybe we were giving you a bump in our own friendly way. If we hang out long enough the militant Christians will come too.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:41:48 PM
At 12/9/2014 2:34:32 AM, Gentorev wrote:
No takers? Well here is another clue. The godless atheists who are ignorant to the hidden truths in the scriptures, have in the past, suggested to me that 1st Samuel 17: 12; which states that Jesse had 8 sons, was just another example where the bible appears to contradict itself, in the fact that 1st chronicles 2: 12; reveals that Jesse sired only seven sons.

1st Samuel 16: 6-10; Samuel goes to the house of Jesse to choose a replacement king to Saul, who God had rejected, where Jesse presents all of his sons to the prophet of the Lord.

First came Eliab, who was rejected, then Abinadab, who was also rejected, next was Shammah the third son sired by Jesse, but he too was rejected. In this manner, (In the order of their ages) Jesse presented seven of his sons to Samuel, but the Lord rejected all seven.

Then Samuel asked if they were any more sons, and he was told that David the youngest son of Jesse, was still out in the fields caring for the livestock.

David was called in and chosen by the Lord, before being anointed by the prophet as King Saul's successor.

.Not only does this prove that Jesse did indeed have 8 sons, it also reveals that the son who is not recorded in 1st chronicles among the biological son of Jesse, is older than David.

I find genealogies valuable just not interesting.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:54:30 PM
jodybirdy wrote.......... Hey Rev... maybe we were giving you a bump in our own friendly way. If we hang out long enough the militant Christians will come too.

I hope not mate. A bible student? Yes! But the only ones that I've seen on this forum who call themselves christians, obviously study only those sections that are recommended by their particular denominational church, which are all break-away bodies from the mother church, which was founded in 325 AD by Emperor Constantine.

That church has been identified as the "Great Babylon" the mother of her prostitutes daughter bodies that were spawned from her false teachings, such as the virgin birth etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:18:32 PM
You should've labeled this a CFZ thread.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:45:08 PM
Still no takers. Are there no biblical students out there?

OK then, here's another clue: "Who is the biological father of Zeruriah and Abigail, the two half sisters to David?"
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:58:11 PM

Notice your own words ALL of his sons not just seven of them..

Really? Lets check your theory.

1Chron 2:13-15
And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third, Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, Ozem the sixth, David the seventh:

1. Eliab
2. Abinadab.
3. Shimma
4. Nethaneel
5. Raddai
6. Ozem
7. David.
8. the unmentioned David?

According to your theory David number 8 is younger then David number 7 and not mentioned in 1 Chron 2 ?

Jesse had two sons, both named David? That is basically what you're implying in your feeble attempt to make sense of the discrepancy.

Sorry. It is not convincing anyone who checks.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 8:12:56 PM
At 12/9/2014 7:58:11 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Notice your own words ALL of his sons not just seven of them..

Really? Lets check your theory.

1Chron 2:13-15
And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third, Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, Ozem the sixth, David the seventh:

1. Eliab
2. Abinadab.
3. Shimma
4. Nethaneel
5. Raddai
6. Ozem
7. David.
8. the unmentioned David?

According to your theory David number 8 is younger then David number 7 and not mentioned in 1 Chron 2 ?

Jesse had two sons, both named David? That is basically what you're implying in your feeble attempt to make sense of the discrepancy.

Sorry. It is not convincing anyone who checks.

There is no David number eight. David is the seventh and youngest son who was sired by Jesse, who according to 1st Samuel 16: 6 to 10, and 1st Samuel 17: 12; had eight sons of which David was the youngest.

What is the name of the older brother of David, who was obviously not sired by Jesse, and yet still classified as a son of Jesse as seen in chapter 16 and 17, where it is revealed that Jesse had eight sons.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:05:56 PM
At 12/9/2014 6:18:19 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Oh, I see. So if at 9.00pm the comet was "hanging over" one house and at 10.00pm it was "hanging over" another house, then the magi just knew which was the right time to look. It's so clear. Why didn't I see this before. Silly old me. Lol.

Btw, you know those photos you showed us of a comet over a house? Head over there quick. It's the second coming of Jesus. He's being born right now. What are you waiting for? LMAO.

Yes, at certain instants in time from certain very specific vantage points. And in another direction at the same or a different time the same comet will be standing over some other building or structure. How can you be so foolish as to think that a celestial object can guide you to a unique fixed point on the Earth? A kindergarten child would have understood by now.

Yes, rational and logical and not obsessed with trivia. Thank you.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:08:58 PM
At 12/9/2014 5:34:36 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

As a tactician, Gandalf made a very good wizard. It would have made for a far shorter story, though. :-)
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:18:32 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:08:58 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/9/2014 5:34:36 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

As a tactician, Gandalf made a very good wizard. It would have made for a far shorter story, though. :-)

Yes, and later it would have been one really short movie. I read his books 3 times each. I'm a nerd.