Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Fool.

Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected. When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong. Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man. Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why? We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 5:40:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 5:43:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:24:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

You scared me into loving you. Haha!
Please! Don't hit me!!!! D:
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:44:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rant, are you begging to be persecuted and laughed at?

Is this some sort of Christian masochism?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:02:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Great.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.

Why would I have nothing left?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:13:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM, Rant wrote:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Not an unexpected statement given that it was written by someone who believes in God. Yet they speak without authority.

They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
And yet, U.S. prison statistics show that Christians are AT LEAST 35-times more likely to commit serious criminal offenses than are atheists. And the Greg Paul study demonstrated that this extends into forms of socially disruptive behaviors which are deemed less serious as well.

When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected.
Wait, wait, wait... where do you get the idea that the Bible is God's word? What evidence do you have that there is any connection? Perhaps a more direct question would be; do you even have a clue about the Bible's origins? It has NOTHING to do with God. You're operating on the hollow assertion of a group of men who were forced to sign a document proclaiming agreement, under the threat of excommunication and exile. And some of them STILL refused to sign. Why do you have more confidence in the claim than the men who made that claim?

When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong.
That's purely incorrect. Every human society on Earth has had standards of right and wrong, including those which predated Christianity, and atheist societies.

Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The majority of the atrocities we find committed across the globe are actually the result of people's irrational beliefs in over-bearing war-mongering deities like the Christian God.

The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man.
And yet, when asked for the obvious (or even not so obvious), "things of God", theists are unable to provide even one hint of objective evidence for God.

Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why?
For EXACTLY the same reason you say there are no fairies, Leprechauns, or unicorns - there is no evidence for them. It's simple (and simplistic), blind belief in an unsupported assertion.

We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.
The better question is why do you believe in God, who is without evidence, while rejecting fairies, unicorns, gremlins, Leprechauns and all other forms of the unevidenced? And the answer is; because you were taught to believe in God.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:17:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:02:36 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Great.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.

Why would I have nothing left?

Can't you read/comprehend?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:17:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 5:40:56 PM, Rant wrote:
For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

No one knows God and no one has ever presented any evidence for God. That makes him no more credible than fairies, Leprechauns, mermaids or unicorns.

When you repeat a lie, you lie.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:19:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:13:37 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM, Rant wrote:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Not an unexpected statement given that it was written by someone who believes in God. Yet they speak without authority.

They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
And yet, U.S. prison statistics show that Christians are AT LEAST 35-times more likely to commit serious criminal offenses than are atheists. And the Greg Paul study demonstrated that this extends into forms of socially disruptive behaviors which are deemed less serious as well.

When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected.
Wait, wait, wait... where do you get the idea that the Bible is God's word? What evidence do you have that there is any connection? Perhaps a more direct question would be; do you even have a clue about the Bible's origins? It has NOTHING to do with God. You're operating on the hollow assertion of a group of men who were forced to sign a document proclaiming agreement, under the threat of excommunication and exile. And some of them STILL refused to sign. Why do you have more confidence in the claim than the men who made that claim?

When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong.
That's purely incorrect. Every human society on Earth has had standards of right and wrong, including those which predated Christianity, and atheist societies.

Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The majority of the atrocities we find committed across the globe are actually the result of people's irrational beliefs in over-bearing war-mongering deities like the Christian God.

The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man.
And yet, when asked for the obvious (or even not so obvious), "things of God", theists are unable to provide even one hint of objective evidence for God.

Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why?
For EXACTLY the same reason you say there are no fairies, Leprechauns, or unicorns - there is no evidence for them. It's simple (and simplistic), blind belief in an unsupported assertion.

We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.
The better question is why do you believe in God, who is without evidence, while rejecting fairies, unicorns, gremlins, Leprechauns and all other forms of the unevidenced? And the answer is; because you were taught to believe in God.

Hey, Beast! So we know you don't know.... Where else do you troll? Let's discuss our perceptions of reality!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:20:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM, Rant wrote:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected. When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong. Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man. Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why? We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.

Sounds like Bill O Reilly and Fox News all wrapped into one.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:22:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:17:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:02:36 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Great.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.

Why would I have nothing left?

Can't you read/comprehend?

Why would I have nothing left??
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:26:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:22:01 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:17:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:02:36 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Great.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.

Why would I have nothing left?

Can't you read/comprehend?

Why would I have nothing left??

I'm sorry I seem to have misplaced my crayons, I'll get back to you when I locate them.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:26:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:26:09 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:22:01 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:17:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:02:36 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:54:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:19:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

Do you need to be loved Bul lol, I'll love ya for sure. Whatcha think?

As an all knowing, all powerful god, of course I have an overwhelming need for love and I'm bloody jealous too.

Great.

Love me with every morsel of your being and love your neighbour with what you have left.
Yes I know you have nothing left with which to love your neighbour, I just threw that in for giggles.

Why would I have nothing left?

Can't you read/comprehend?

Why would I have nothing left??

I'm sorry I seem to have misplaced my crayons, I'll get back to you when I locate them.

That's what I thought.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:49:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:19:40 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:13:37 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM, Rant wrote:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Not an unexpected statement given that it was written by someone who believes in God. Yet they speak without authority.

They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
And yet, U.S. prison statistics show that Christians are AT LEAST 35-times more likely to commit serious criminal offenses than are atheists. And the Greg Paul study demonstrated that this extends into forms of socially disruptive behaviors which are deemed less serious as well.

When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected.
Wait, wait, wait... where do you get the idea that the Bible is God's word? What evidence do you have that there is any connection? Perhaps a more direct question would be; do you even have a clue about the Bible's origins? It has NOTHING to do with God. You're operating on the hollow assertion of a group of men who were forced to sign a document proclaiming agreement, under the threat of excommunication and exile. And some of them STILL refused to sign. Why do you have more confidence in the claim than the men who made that claim?

When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong.
That's purely incorrect. Every human society on Earth has had standards of right and wrong, including those which predated Christianity, and atheist societies.

Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The majority of the atrocities we find committed across the globe are actually the result of people's irrational beliefs in over-bearing war-mongering deities like the Christian God.

The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man.
And yet, when asked for the obvious (or even not so obvious), "things of God", theists are unable to provide even one hint of objective evidence for God.

Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why?
For EXACTLY the same reason you say there are no fairies, Leprechauns, or unicorns - there is no evidence for them. It's simple (and simplistic), blind belief in an unsupported assertion.

We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.
The better question is why do you believe in God, who is without evidence, while rejecting fairies, unicorns, gremlins, Leprechauns and all other forms of the unevidenced? And the answer is; because you were taught to believe in God.


Hey, Beast! So we know you don't know....
What are you proposing that I don't know? Don't hide behind your insults. If you're snarky enough to present them, have the integrity to be specific.

Where else do you troll?
"Trolling" tends to refer to the practice of taking cheap shots and pokes, just to elicit a response, as opposed to presenting supportable points of debate. If you'll observe, you're the one doing the trolling. Why don't you respond to my points of debate as though you had the intelligence to do so.

Let's discuss our perceptions of reality!
Fine with me. Do you have any perceptions which are actually connected to reality?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:53:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The first place, the sinner becomes a religious fool, so that he bows down before an image made like unto corruptible man, and birds, and beasts, and creeping things. When man refuses to glorify and thank God, the first downward step is always that man becomes a religious fool, bowing down before an image. It makes no difference whether he carves this image in wood or stone, as the heathen did, or whether he carves it in his mind, as do the modernists of today.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 7:56:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:53:27 PM, Rant wrote:
The first place, the sinner becomes a religious fool, so that he bows down before an image made like unto corruptible man, and birds, and beasts, and creeping things. When man refuses to glorify and thank God, the first downward step is always that man becomes a religious fool, bowing down before an image. It makes no difference whether he carves this image in wood or stone, as the heathen did, or whether he carves it in his mind, as do the modernists of today.

That's where god is alright.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:14:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God GAVE THESE SOULS OVER to a reprobate mind? What do ya think it means by "God gave them over
It is when we choose not only to entertain, but to perform the doing thereof that God gives us over to this type of state of mind and heart. Keep in mind it was OUR choice to entertain and act on said thoughts so He merely allowed us to do our own will.

God allowed these souls who have fallen victim to the Spider"s web of deceit to adhere to a Reprobate state of mind
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:24:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People wonder why many in this nation now choose and exhibit self-destructive insanity. The fact that many have been given over to a reprobate mind explains why America is now so self-destructive.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:26:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 8:14:11 PM, Rant wrote:
God GAVE THESE SOULS OVER to a reprobate mind? What do ya think it means by "God gave them over
It is when we choose not only to entertain, but to perform the doing thereof that God gives us over to this type of state of mind and heart. Keep in mind it was OUR choice to entertain and act on said thoughts so He merely allowed us to do our own will.

God allowed these souls who have fallen victim to the Spider"s web of deceit to adhere to a Reprobate state of mind

Then it's God's fault, right? Yet he threatens to punish those which he has made his victims.

(Theists make no sense. It's how they remain theists.)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:30:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God allowed these souls who have fallen victim to the Spider"s web of deceit to adhere to a Reprobate state of mind
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:35:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The reprobate mind hates everything and everyone that the true God represents and loves
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:40:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
IF you hate to align with what is divine.
This could be a sign of a reprobate mind.

IF when the truth shines you rather stay blind.
This could be a sign of a reprobate mind.

IF you think benign the sin of mankind.
This could be a sign of a reprobate mind.

IF you're not incline to give God the time.
This could be a sign of a reprobate mind.

IF you act unkind when Scripture's defined.
This could be a sign of a reprobate mind.

Beware lest you find
that you've crossed the line
and God gave you up to a reprobate mind.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:41:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:01:02 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:52:16 PM, Rant wrote:
Reprobates know better, but they don't do better, they "hold the Truth in unrighteousness":
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."

Look I'm going to scare you into loving me.
Ya reckon?
LOL

You have to remember that in more ancient and much harsher times obedience was seen as the ultimate love, and yes, you can frighten someone into obedience. I'm not saying it's right - in fact, it's the main thing I have against religion - but it's understandable. Try remembering that the Bible was a book written by men, and focus more on the more recent NT, which shows the direction in which men's thinking has been evolving over time. As life becomes easier then things like compassion become easier and more appealing.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 8:53:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 8:26:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/10/2014 8:14:11 PM, Rant wrote:
God GAVE THESE SOULS OVER to a reprobate mind? What do ya think it means by "God gave them over
It is when we choose not only to entertain, but to perform the doing thereof that God gives us over to this type of state of mind and heart. Keep in mind it was OUR choice to entertain and act on said thoughts so He merely allowed us to do our own will.

God allowed these souls who have fallen victim to the Spider"s web of deceit to adhere to a Reprobate state of mind

Then it's God's fault, right? Yet he threatens to punish those which he has made his victims.

(Theists make no sense. It's how they remain theists.)

The problem with arguments like this last thing you said is that you are attacking a perception. If I observe the reality around me and perceive that its very nature is indicative of a higher intelligence then that's just the way I perceive it, and there is nothing that you can do to change that. It seems to make atheists go crazy that they lack the power to eradicate all creationist thinking, but few creationists bother trying to obliterate scientific thinking. In fact, many are avid supporters of science, including a large percentage of professional scientists themselves. And just because theists make no sense to you has no bearing on the larger reality. If it did then the fact that the majority of the world believes in some form of spiritualism would be evidence that it is indeed present.
Thanksfornotraping
Posts: 238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 9:02:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 7:49:18 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:19:40 PM, Thanksfornotraping wrote:
At 12/10/2014 7:13:37 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/10/2014 5:18:40 PM, Rant wrote:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Not an unexpected statement given that it was written by someone who believes in God. Yet they speak without authority.

They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1).
And yet, U.S. prison statistics show that Christians are AT LEAST 35-times more likely to commit serious criminal offenses than are atheists. And the Greg Paul study demonstrated that this extends into forms of socially disruptive behaviors which are deemed less serious as well.

When God is deemed not to exist then His Word is rejected.
Wait, wait, wait... where do you get the idea that the Bible is God's word? What evidence do you have that there is any connection? Perhaps a more direct question would be; do you even have a clue about the Bible's origins? It has NOTHING to do with God. You're operating on the hollow assertion of a group of men who were forced to sign a document proclaiming agreement, under the threat of excommunication and exile. And some of them STILL refused to sign. Why do you have more confidence in the claim than the men who made that claim?

When that happens there is not standard of right or wrong.
That's purely incorrect. Every human society on Earth has had standards of right and wrong, including those which predated Christianity, and atheist societies.

Only a fool would reject God, but we can look all around us and see the result of that rejection. Abominable things are all around us. Beheadings, cannibalism, abortion, homosexuality, pornography, school shootings, mall shootings, genocide, holocaust"the list of abominable things is without end. If people would stop rejecting God we would have less heartache.
The majority of the atrocities we find committed across the globe are actually the result of people's irrational beliefs in over-bearing war-mongering deities like the Christian God.

The obvious things of God continue to plague the foolishness of Man.
And yet, when asked for the obvious (or even not so obvious), "things of God", theists are unable to provide even one hint of objective evidence for God.

Yet the fool says in his heart there is no God. Why?
For EXACTLY the same reason you say there are no fairies, Leprechauns, or unicorns - there is no evidence for them. It's simple (and simplistic), blind belief in an unsupported assertion.

We begin teaching our children at a very young age there is not God (years of government run public school systems around the world) and yet we ask ourselves, "Why do these foolish people deny God?" That"s what they"ve been taught.
The better question is why do you believe in God, who is without evidence, while rejecting fairies, unicorns, gremlins, Leprechauns and all other forms of the unevidenced? And the answer is; because you were taught to believe in God.


Hey, Beast! So we know you don't know....
What are you proposing that I don't know? Don't hide behind your insults. If you're snarky enough to present them, have the integrity to be specific.

Where else do you troll?
"Trolling" tends to refer to the practice of taking cheap shots and pokes, just to elicit a response, as opposed to presenting supportable points of debate. If you'll observe, you're the one doing the trolling. Why don't you respond to my points of debate as though you had the intelligence to do so.

Let's discuss our perceptions of reality!
Fine with me. Do you have any perceptions which are actually connected to reality?

Yes. Let's further discuss my hearing another person's voice in my head and then hearing the same words spoken a moment later. You incessantly tried to say I "wanted to hear " such a response, but I replied every time I did not. At what point do you, PERSONALLY, differentiate between perceiving stimuli and the sender of the stimuli as being purely physical (5 senses) or otherwise?