Total Posts:152|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Calling all Muslims!

mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:25:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
In the Hadith (i'm pretty sure though it could be the quran) Muhammed orders the bludgeoning of a man and woman who adulterated, and Come to him admitting their indiscretion and begging forgiveness.

The woman was allowed to live for a little while b/c she was pregnant... but then after she gave birth, she was, like her lover before her, bludgeoned to death by stones thrown from her fellow villagers, on Muhammed's order.

My question is if YOU were ordered by Muhammed to stone this lady to death, would you do "the right thing" and throw stones till she was sufficiently dead?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:46:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:43:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
Dang, there are a lot of muslim threads today.

It's because of Draw Muhammad Day.

I haven't even heard of this "day" until now. Where is it taking place? It's today?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:47:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/20/2010 2:46:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:43:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
Dang, there are a lot of muslim threads today.

It's because of Draw Muhammad Day.

I haven't even heard of this "day" until now. Where is it taking place? It's today?

It's a thing on Facebook. I'm guessing you're not a facebook user?
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:47:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/20/2010 2:46:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:43:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
Dang, there are a lot of muslim threads today.

It's because of Draw Muhammad Day.

I haven't even heard of this "day" until now. Where is it taking place? It's today?

Its new
kfc
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:51:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/20/2010 2:47:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:46:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/20/2010 2:43:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
Dang, there are a lot of muslim threads today.

It's because of Draw Muhammad Day.

I haven't even heard of this "day" until now. Where is it taking place? It's today?

It's a thing on Facebook. I'm guessing you're not a facebook user?
Have it, but am rarely on it.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 2:53:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/20/2010 2:43:38 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
First off, do you know where in the Hadith this comes from? Some aren't so reliable...

I just had a lengthy conversation with Mirza about it he didn't object... but I'll see...

here:

http://www.usc.edu...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:07:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Sahih Muslim (full name Abul Husain Muslim bin al-Hajjaj al-Nisapuri) was born in 202 A.H. and died in 261 A.H. He travelled widely to gather his collection of ahadith, including to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt. Out of 300,000 ahadith which he evaluated, only 4,000 approximately were extracted for inclusion into his collection based on stringent acceptance.

The guy who collected it was apparently pretty selective.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2010 3:12:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"to the Jews and said: What do you find in Torah for one who commits adultery? They said: We darken their faces and make them ride on the donkey with their faces turned to the opposite direction (and their backs touching each other), and then they are taken round (the city)."

This stuff would be funny if it wasn't scary; sort of Tim Burtonesque.
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 1:04:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
She does not deserve to die for such a little crime. If she had murdered then she could be stoned to death but "cheating" is a small crime compared to murder.

Muhammad is jealous that somebody had sex with a hot woman who belonged to another man's wife. Muhammad should not have got himself involved because this is between the husband and his wife's lover.

I am not saying that cheating is a good thing yes it is a bad thing as it tears a family apart but death is not the solution.

Muhammad is not Jesus.
Jesus forgives.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 2:08:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/21/2010 1:04:15 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
She does not deserve to die for such a little crime. If she had murdered then she could be stoned to death but "cheating" is a small crime compared to murder.

Muhammad is jealous that somebody had sex with a hot woman who belonged to another man's wife. Muhammad should not have got himself involved because this is between the husband and his wife's lover.

I am not saying that cheating is a good thing yes it is a bad thing as it tears a family apart but death is not the solution.

Muhammad is not Jesus.
Jesus forgives.
Is Jesus (peace be upon him) God to you?

If so, I have to say that in the Bible, God made capital punishment a law. If you do not believe that Jesus is God, then open the New Testament and tell me if Jesus had ever abolished the Mosaic Law. He promoted it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is not one that we Muslims compare to Jesus (peace be upon him) in any competitive way. But Prophet Muhammad was the most perfect of all human beings. He forgave more than you can think of.

Criticize what you believe to begin with, before criticizing other beliefs that are no worse than yours no matter how you look at them.

And if the beloved Prophet was "jealous", would he not be happy with the fact that a man who is married to a "hot" woman s now sad because she cheated on him? What he did was to order people to take care of raped women, and those who adulterated, whether men or women, were not welcome in his nation. It must never be welcome.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 6:57:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Darnit!

Noones Answering the Question!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 6:57:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/21/2010 6:57:13 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Darnit!

Noones Answering the Question!

(granted that now Mirza's the only muslim on the site)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 12:42:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/21/2010 6:57:57 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/21/2010 6:57:13 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Darnit!

Noones Answering the Question!

(granted that now Mirza's the only muslim on the site)

No, I am too. I'm totally going to get ridiculed for this, but I realized deep inside I was still a muslim.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 9:15:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/21/2010 12:42:39 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/21/2010 6:57:57 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 5/21/2010 6:57:13 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Darnit!

Noones Answering the Question!

(granted that now Mirza's the only muslim on the site)

No, I am too. I'm totally going to get ridiculed for this, but I realized deep inside I was still a muslim.

soo....

would you stone such a lady and man on the order of Muhammed???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
MsScribbles
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.
Brandonmaciel333
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
but not in 3rd world contries?
Mr.Sushi
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:46:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

Wow. Since when was cheating ok? It destroys families and such, especially if it involves a married couple.
MsScribbles
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it
but not in 3rd world contries?
It depends on were your looking at it from... in 3rd world some countries people think different they dont think its wrong to do this but if your in a more moderenized country people would probably think O.O whats there problem??
It's not common for poeple those type of countries anyways unless your a pig or a umm i guess nicer words would be a prostitute??

and to the other person im not saying its ok im just saying people dont make it as much of a big deal these days
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:52:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it

Yea, I agree. In alot of countries people are killed for cheating on their spouse. I don't agree with this practice at all although cheating is still something serious that should be dealt with.
MsScribbles
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:55:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:52:57 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it

Yea, I agree. In alot of countries people are killed for cheating on their spouse. I don't agree with this practice at all although cheating is still something serious that should be dealt with.
Same here...im muslim an even ill say from my point of view we have some really strict rules and sometimes too harsh...
Brandonmaciel333
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:57:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it
but not in 3rd world contries?
It depends on were your looking at it from... in 3rd world some countries people think different they dont think its wrong to do this but if your in a more moderenized country people would probably think O.O whats there problem??
It's not common for poeple those type of countries anyways unless your a pig or a umm i guess nicer words would be a prostitute??

and to the other person im not saying its ok im just saying people dont make it as much of a big deal these days

yea i guess you could say that
i was just asking thank you for answering
Mr.Sushi
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:57:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:55:21 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:52:57 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it

Yea, I agree. In alot of countries people are killed for cheating on their spouse. I don't agree with this practice at all although cheating is still something serious that should be dealt with.
Same here...im muslim an even ill say from my point of view we have some really strict rules and sometimes too harsh...

Yea, like stoning... Way too harsh.
Brandonmaciel333
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:00:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:57:25 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:55:21 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:52:57 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:49:24 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:36:43 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:32:04 PM, MsScribbles wrote:
yeah but back then cheating was a huge thing....and for people who still live in 3rd world countries and stuff its still a HUGE taboo. In these times cheating isn't a big deal cuz it happens so much but back then that wasn't a common.

so what are you saying now?
it's ok?
Well now its not ok....cheating is wrong but u shouldnt die for it

Yea, I agree. In alot of countries people are killed for cheating on their spouse. I don't agree with this practice at all although cheating is still something serious that should be dealt with.
Same here...im muslim an even ill say from my point of view we have some really strict rules and sometimes too harsh...

Yea, like stoning... Way too harsh.

but if u think about it people would change their ways when their lives depend on it
Mr.Sushi
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:02:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:00:12 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:

but if u think about it people would change their ways when their lives depend on it

Yea, which is one reason why I believe in strict laws. It's deterrance, but something like stoning is harsh and barbaric and needs to go. There's more humane ways of killing somebody.
Brandonmaciel333
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:05:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:02:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:00:12 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:

but if u think about it people would change their ways when their lives depend on it

Yea, which is one reason why I believe in strict laws. It's deterrance, but something like stoning is harsh and barbaric and needs to go. There's more humane ways of killing somebody.

true
Mr.Sushi
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:07:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:05:04 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:02:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:00:12 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:

but if u think about it people would change their ways when their lives depend on it

Yea, which is one reason why I believe in strict laws. It's deterrance, but something like stoning is harsh and barbaric and needs to go. There's more humane ways of killing somebody.

true

I like Singapore's Laws. They seem to prevent most crime. It's awesome. Sure you get lashed for vandalizing, but hey, it works. Singapore is very clean.
Brandonmaciel333
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:08:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:07:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:05:04 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:02:36 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:00:12 PM, Brandonmaciel333 wrote:

but if u think about it people would change their ways when their lives depend on it

Yea, which is one reason why I believe in strict laws. It's deterrance, but something like stoning is harsh and barbaric and needs to go. There's more humane ways of killing somebody.

true

I like Singapore's Laws. They seem to prevent most crime. It's awesome. Sure you get lashed for vandalizing, but hey, it works. Singapore is very clean.

go litter in North Korean XD
Mr.Sushi