Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

God Isn't Real But Religion Is Destructive.

BillionBrainCells
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 1:58:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Lets begin with the first question.. what religion you check did you read all of them their holy books and what illogical about them?
Never fart near dog
BillionBrainCells
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:00:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:58:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Lets begin with the first question.. what religion you check did you read all of them their holy books and what illogical about them?

Yes. They all rely on physically impossible events that belong in-between the covers of a Harry Potter book.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:12:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 2:00:39 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:58:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Lets begin with the first question.. what religion you check did you read all of them their holy books and what illogical about them?


Yes. They all rely on physically impossible events that belong in-between the covers of a Harry Potter book.

what? if you believe in God why its not impossible? its cant be? by all powerful entity? these people believe in God you dont so its by God.
Never fart near dog
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:13:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)


3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

cool story bro.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
BillionBrainCells
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:15:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 2:12:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 2:00:39 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:58:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Lets begin with the first question.. what religion you check did you read all of them their holy books and what illogical about them?


Yes. They all rely on physically impossible events that belong in-between the covers of a Harry Potter book.

what? if you believe in God why its not impossible? its cant be? by all powerful entity? these people believe in God you dont so its by God.

Translation to English please?
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:37:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 2:15:58 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
At 12/11/2014 2:12:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 2:00:39 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:58:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Lets begin with the first question.. what religion you check did you read all of them their holy books and what illogical about them?


Yes. They all rely on physically impossible events that belong in-between the covers of a Harry Potter book.

what? if you believe in God why its not impossible? its cant be? by all powerful entity? these people believe in God you dont so its by God.


Translation to English please?

yeah little kid i knew it fuuny guy go to southpark to do comedy and by the way you are not funny sh1t head.
Never fart near dog
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:42:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

1. If the event happened, then it is not illogical.

2. The Salem witch trials are not evidence that the writer of a religious text had a warped sense of reality.

3. I will await proof for this claim. Tell me how religious leaders do not "live in reality."

4. No religious person is telling you this. This is the non-religious deist view. Most religions do not believe that God created the universe just to watch us. Christianity believes that God created humanity that humanity may be united to Himself. I believe that Islam, Judaism, and varieties of other religions believe that God created man for a relationship with God. Christianity even says that God became man, and suffered as much as any human ever could. If this is true, then suffering has much meaning.

5. The evil that I have experienced in my life was mostly my fault, or the fault of another human. God has only blessed me. Christianity believes that God created a world where individuals would be free to do right or wrong. Each person must take responsibility for his/her own actions. God created a world in which personal growth may take place by making mistakes and freely choosing to grow or to die. However, according to Christianity, God gives us help in doing the right thing, forgiveness for doing the wrong things, and hope in salvation through faith in Jesus. God is writing a story here. But he cannot write the story without man's free choice to participate in the history of salvation.

Yes, many people are religious because they just want to go to heaven when they die. But I'm gonna say more than that. Heaven (joy, peace, love, gratitude, righteousness, service, FULFILLMENT) is available right now. On earth. In this life. And its real. You gotta get you some of that. It's that good.

Yes, we evolved from microbial life forms. I agree.

Just because you can't prove that God isn't real does not mean that he is real. It means that you can't prove that he isn't real. Thus, it is possible that he is real. You will not be able to know if there is a God. But, the cosmological argument is VERY COMPELLING. It is not foolproof. And it is based in the laws of physics. Religious people do not actually KNOW that there is a God. Knowledge and belief are not the same thing. I personally believe that God exists because God's existence seems to be a mathematical necessity, based in the laws of classical mechanics.

Religion is not the main cause behind war. Economics and politics cause war (yes, even the crusades and the Muslim conquests). Religion has been used by leaders as motivational propaganda to make the masses buy into wars fought over resources (land, oil, etc.). That religion has been used this way is wrong. But war is not always wrong from the perspective of each side.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
apologetics1697
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:49:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

Were governments ever formed in any culture without the heavy influence of religions? If there is nothing good about religion then why is the government and constitution of the US so unique in allowing us freedom (which im sure you value) as opposed to no religion which basicaly mimics the idea that Jean Jeaque Rousseau had (noble savage) that without religion and society everything would be great? Did you know that the cause of 25% of primitive death was of murder? Shocker!!!!! Has nothing good come out of religion? Heres a simple question for those "billion brain cells" that id like an answer to: has nothing good ever come of religions? We can choose to look at the negative side efects of many religions such as the Muslim religion and say that yes, it has been destructive, but a blanket statement that all religion is evil and corrupts society is just not a logical assumption.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:57:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Quite an odd post here.
You say that religion is a destructive thing to humanity, but you do not back this up. Instead you try and justify your own atheism.
In short, you have made a statement (that religion is destructive) but you have not relevantly backed it up.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 4:56:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

Of course they're physically illogical. That's why they're called miracles.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

But if God told the Bible to those illiterate superstitious people 2000 years ago, then it can't possibly be "outdated" by any length of time. No theist claims that the Holy Text of their religion was made up by men.
As for the Salem Witch Trials, that was an unfortunate incident that occurred a few centuries ago; that's all it is.

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

Christianity is ran by humans? Which human, exactly? Please do tell.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

Hey, why not? We can be very interesting to watch.

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

*facepalm*

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

Yes, because religion has not done anything good, only bad.

Oh Mr. Atheist, thou hath converted me...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 5:14:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

As I have looked through this forum, others have already found some essential problems in your blatantly harsh execution on denouncing religion. So let me say this. If you decide to come to a religion forum and denounce religion, you should go somewhere else. If you want to make claims, then you should back them up. Don't go around saying that religion is stupid and give no evidence, witch trials aside. Even including witch trials, you use it as an example for bad religious writing. My point is, come to the religion forums for clean, respectful, and even friendly debate about religion. If you want to maintain your current malice, I suggest a councilor.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 7:18:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

Welcome to the religion sub-forum. Your opinions are welcome and you are supported here by many. Don't let bullies bother you. Debate them and be vindicated! I'm happy you're here :)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 7:30:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 5:14:32 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

As I have looked through this forum, others have already found some essential problems in your blatantly harsh execution on denouncing religion. So let me say this. If you decide to come to a religion forum and denounce religion, you should go somewhere else. If you want to make claims, then you should back them up. Don't go around saying that religion is stupid and give no evidence, witch trials aside. Even including witch trials, you use it as an example for bad religious writing. My point is, come to the religion forums for clean, respectful, and even friendly debate about religion. If you want to maintain your current malice, I suggest a councilor.

Precisely.
If you ignore ALL of the evil that religion has wrought then religion is good.
WooHoo. :)
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 8:08:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:

Referring to your heading...God Isn't Real But Religion Is Destructive. That depends on your definition of the word God. If you define it as an invisible supernatural character, I will agree that invisible supernatural characters are not real.
If you define God as LIFE, it is illogical to say God is not real because he is as real and as visible as life itself.

I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

I agree religions have a negative effect on humanity. They tend to make people believe they are worthless imperfect beings who were born sinful and have no hope of being saved from that imperfect state till after they die and even then they need to believe in invisible supernatural characters to save them from being imperfect because if they don't they will be tormented in hell for eternity for not believing in invisible supernatural characters.
Such teachings out to be outlawed in this modern day and age.
Surely we ought to be teaching our offspring a sense of value and self esteem instead of teaching them how worthless and sinful they are from the day they are born.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

True.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

People in general are still not very smart today. If they were they would not fall into the trap of believing in supernatural characters. Humans are gullible creatures who tend to follow their leaders. If the leaders are self deceived there is no hope for the followers who hang on every word they say and just believe them without question.

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

Any self proclaimed leader is self chosen and self authorized to lead whoever he wants to lead. They are "chosen" for sure but only chosen by themselves and those who choose to follow them and agree they have been "chosen".

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

No, not at all. I do not see "God" as any supernatural entity who one day decided to create the universe and all that is in it. I see God as being the universe and all that is in it. I see the word God as a word which describes the embodiment of all that exists today, all that ever has existed and all that ever will exist in the future. All that ever was, is and is to come. It (God, the universe ) creates itself and also destroys itself at the very same time. It is the beginning and end of all cycles we can observe which have happened in the past, are happening today and will continue to happen in future. No supernatural being is sitting back and watching it. We are watching existence itself in action. God is existence itself. It is always coming and going the same as time itself is always coming and going.

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?
As easily as you can forgive Mother Nature and Father time for allowing so much suffering to take place and even causing it and doing nothing about stopping it themselves. When you understand the character is nothing but a personification of existence, it is not hard to forgive the character for existing. ;-)

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

I agree that God is not some supernatural spectator of Life. God is Life itself. Death is part of life and in dying we are all part of God/life. We need to die to make room for future generations. Otherwise this world will get overcrowded with everyone living forever. Death is a good thing not a bad thing. It is not something to fear any more than falling asleep is something to fear.

We did not evolve over many years from any microbial life form That is a science fiction and needs as much faith to believe it as it does to believe a supernatural entity created us. In reality we all come from microscopic cells inside the wombs of our own mothers and it does not take billions of years for that microscopic life form to evolve/grow/become human. It takes less than a year in the right environment of the womb. We come from the humans before us who came from the humans before them who came from the humans before them etc etc etc. It is an eternal cycle which has no beginning or end.

God/Life is as real as life. Invisible supernatural characters do not exist in reality but do exist in human fantasies, in human imagination, in humans beliefs. Some people just never grow out of living in their childish fantasy land and remain in it till the day they die.

Humans tend to fight with each other regardless of whether religion causes the fights or not. If its not religious arguments its about money. Humans are greedy and will kill each other if one has something another one wants. People are not much different to animals in that aspect. Greed causes problems. The love of money causes problems.
There will never be true peace on the planet. Chaos is part of life. Death is part of life. Conflict is part of life. It is all part of growing up and maturing.
The only true peace anyone can have is an inner peace in spite of all the outer chaos in this world.
Inner peace is found within you. It is about knowing yourself, what gives you peace and what does not and avoiding that which causes inner conflict.
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 8:52:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 7:30:14 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/11/2014 5:14:32 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

As I have looked through this forum, others have already found some essential problems in your blatantly harsh execution on denouncing religion. So let me say this. If you decide to come to a religion forum and denounce religion, you should go somewhere else. If you want to make claims, then you should back them up. Don't go around saying that religion is stupid and give no evidence, witch trials aside. Even including witch trials, you use it as an example for bad religious writing. My point is, come to the religion forums for clean, respectful, and even friendly debate about religion. If you want to maintain your current malice, I suggest a councilor.

Precisely.
If you ignore ALL of the evil that religion has wrought then religion is good.
WooHoo. :)

I really don't know where you got that message out of what I was saying....I was asking him to not rant but to present his evidence or make real debate. I didn't say anything to justify religion.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 9:02:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/11/2014 1:31:45 PM, BillionBrainCells wrote:
I used to be Religious, but now I think it's the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

1.) There is not one Religion that is even remotely logical. All of them depend on supernatural events that are physically illogical and severely lack strong independent historical documentation.

2.) People weren't educated or very smart until about 200 years ago, meaning the people that wrote almost all religious text had a very warped sense of reality . Example: Salem Witch Hysteria. (You're a witch.. If you do not confess to being a witch its because you're a witch so we will hang you for being a witch.)

3.) Almost every religion is ran and represented by humans who claim to be "chosen" or "Holy" but in truth just don't live in the realm of reality.

4.) Are you trying to tell me some almighty form of energy has been around forever and one day decided to make this planet and the literally trillions of billions of trillions others just to disappear and watch us?

5.) How can you forgive and worship an individual who has allowed so much suffering to take place?

God is not some anonymous viewer of this big reality show called Life. Most people just hate the idea of dying and like to fool themselves that they will live in some eternal paradise if they act good. We evolved over many years from microbial life forms. Just because I can't prove God isn't real doesn't mean he is real (Come on, that logic is a joke). Religion is the main inspiration behind almost every war in humanity. Without it, we would be closer to true peace.

Where do you get the idea that people weren't "very smart" until about 200 years ago? Does that include Aristotle or Leonardo da Vinci? Modern technical experts are constantly surprised by the level of intelligence inherent in the creations and designs of the "ancient" world. Yes, knowledge accrues over years of learning and recording, but intelligence has been around for many thousands of years. The Greeks even surmised that the world was made of atoms - something which modern science was still arguing about at the beginning of the 20th century. No offense, but it seems to me like you have merely gone from one extreme to the other, when the truth nearly always lies somewhere in-between.