Jump to topic:

Don't look down!

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 3:31:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
What I love to see is all those topics with 'Christ' or 'Jesus' or 'Christianity' sliding off of the bottom of the page with my name on the end of them;

SO.. why not consider that IF none of you educated, well-read people cannot come up with ONE question that refutes the claims of Christ, then WHY NOT consider it's validity??????????????????????????????????????????????????
The Cross.. the Cross.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 3:59:11 AM
Maybe you should try concentrating on the quality, rather than the quantity of your posts if you want to get through to anyone.

Being obsessed enough to always have the last word does not make you correct.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 5:48:59 AM
At 5/21/2010 3:31:31 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
What I love to see is all those topics with 'Christ' or 'Jesus' or 'Christianity' sliding off of the bottom of the page with my name on the end of them;

SO.. why not consider that IF none of you educated, well-read people cannot come up with ONE question that refutes the claims of Christ, then WHY NOT consider it's validity??????????????????????????????????????????????????

You are right, we are all wrong. No one has the ability to refute the thorough, in depth critiques you offer on the subject through your brilliant insight that has obviously been gained through years of rigorous study of philosophy and science.

I tremble when I check the forum and see DATCMOTO as the most recent poster on the last 10 posts because we know we will have to spend hours of intense thought attempting to fully comprehend the complexities of your arguments and the depths of your logic. In fact, that sight often leads me to simply not reading your responses because I do not wish for my own irrational beliefs to be once again completely uprooted by the elegance of your arguments.

So, I for one, would like to apologize for simply ignoring most of your posts. I did not take me very long to realize that I just could not compete with someone of your intellectual stature and honesty, so I simply quit trying. Once again: you are right and I am wrong. I was foolish to ever venture to disagree with you to begin with.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 6:43:13 AM
There's a term out there for what you are in relation to forum posts. I believe it's called "threadkiller."
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 7:34:20 AM
Here's a true story, DATC…

In the early 1970's, all my family, apart from my dad, emigrated from Tyneside, England (home of the Geordies) to Hawaii (home of women in grass skirts and men in loud shirts).

Not long after she arrived in the United States some grasping, conniving Christian evangelist convinced my nana to become a born again Christian.

This meant that most of her disposable income was trousered by the local preacher rather than, say, used to buy her grandchildren birthday and Christmas presents!

Anyway, a few years ago, when most of the family moved to the mainland, Nana and Granda moved back to Tyneside and, without the "spiritual guidance" of those thieves in dog-collars at her old church, used her pension to go out and have a good time rather than help pay for her pastor's new Porsche.

When asked if she missed the church my nana replied: "Why no, man! I'm a born again Geordie now!"

I hope you will be similarly enlightened at some stage in the future, DATC!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 9:03:53 AM

Do you mean apart from all the questions I have asked you that cause you to either respond with insults, change the subject, evade or simply leave?

Okay lets try this one.
You say that Jesus is God.
According to you Jesus claimed he was God.
He is God because The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are the three facets of the single Godhead. God in three parts, one single God. The trinity.

So why, when languishing on the cross did Jesus, who lets remember is God and God is omniscient etc, why does he say 'God why have you forsaken me'.

This surely means that,
1: The trinity is false.
2: The Trinity is poorly described by you, what is it, a bit like the Glory/Ben deal in Buffy... one God two seperate minds?
3: That passage of the bible is invalid (which raises other quesions).

Lets see you finally address this, without resort to insult, prevarication, evasion or any of your usual shenanigans... hmm I like that word.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:53:36 AM
At 5/21/2010 5:48:59 AM, Floid wrote:

You are right, we are all wrong. No one has the ability to refute the thorough, in depth critiques you offer on the subject through your brilliant insight that has obviously been gained through years of rigorous study of philosophy and science.

I tremble when I check the forum and see DATCMOTO as the most recent poster on the last 10 posts because we know we will have to spend hours of intense thought attempting to fully comprehend the complexities of your arguments and the depths of your logic. In fact, that sight often leads me to simply not reading your responses because I do not wish for my own irrational beliefs to be once again completely uprooted by the elegance of your arguments.

So, I for one, would like to apologize for simply ignoring most of your posts. I did not take me very long to realize that I just could not compete with someone of your intellectual stature and honesty, so I simply quit trying. Once again: you are right and I am wrong. I was foolish to ever venture to disagree with you to begin with.

10/10
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 5:16:40 PM
At 5/21/2010 9:03:53 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Do you mean apart from all the questions I have asked you that cause you to either respond with insults, change the subject, evade or simply leave?

Okay lets try this one.
You say that Jesus is God.
According to you Jesus claimed he was God.
He is God because The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are the three facets of the single Godhead. God in three parts, one single God. The trinity.

So why, when languishing on the cross did Jesus, who lets remember is God and God is omniscient etc, why does he say 'God why have you forsaken me'.

This surely means that,
1: The trinity is false.
2: The Trinity is poorly described by you, what is it, a bit like the Glory/Ben deal in Buffy... one God two seperate minds?
3: That passage of the bible is invalid (which raises other quesions).

Lets see you finally address this, without resort to insult, prevarication, evasion or any of your usual shenanigans... hmm I like that word.

Also, don't forget that Jesus wasn't praying to himself! That's more proof Jesus can't be God.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:54:57 PM
Accept Christ right now- Time is running out.

You just have to believe in Christ as it is written the Righteous shall live by faith. Good works will not save you but only Christ.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:56:07 PM
At 5/21/2010 10:54:57 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

You just have to believe in Christ as it is written the Righteous shall live by faith. Good works will not save you but only Christ.

***unless your Canadian
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:57:04 PM

Very appealing offer, but no thanks. I tend to reject BS in all it's forms.
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:58:09 PM
At 5/21/2010 10:57:04 PM, Hurstman wrote:
I tend to reject BS in all it's forms.

lol @ also being a mormon sympathizer
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:59:08 PM
At 5/21/2010 10:58:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Mormonism is a very interesting religion but nevertheless, still BS

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 10:59:48 PM
At 5/21/2010 10:59:08 PM, Hurstman wrote:
Mormonism is BS

Indeed!

Metaphysics:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:01:00 PM

What? You're a Mormon sympathizer??
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:02:45 PM
At 5/21/2010 11:01:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Long story short, I "sympathized" on the "Book of Mormon" thread. I find the ability to become a God very interesting, but still BS

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:03:55 PM
At 5/21/2010 11:01:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Clarification:

not me...

hurstman...

though he now said it's bull

Metaphysics:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:06:36 PM
At 5/21/2010 11:02:45 PM, Hurstman wrote:
Long story short, I "sympathized" on the "Book of Mormon" thread. I find the ability to become a God very interesting, but still BS

Ever heard of the New Age religion?

At 5/21/2010 11:03:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Clarification:

not me...

hurstman...

I quoted Hurstman, not you.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:08:01 PM
At 5/21/2010 11:06:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, what's that.

At 5/21/2010 11:03:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Clarification:

not me...

hurstman...

I quoted Hurstman, not you.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2010 11:14:30 PM
At 5/21/2010 11:08:01 PM, Hurstman wrote:
At 5/21/2010 11:06:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, what's that.

It's actually one of the larger religions of this century and is rapidly growing. I used to identify as a New Ager at one point, and they teach that everyone is God.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.religioustolerance.org...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2010 11:54:40 AM
At 5/21/2010 10:56:07 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

***unless your Canadian

Haha. Bad news for me then. xD
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2010 6:58:24 PM
At 5/22/2010 6:56:11 PM, wjmelements wrote:
One question

Where does Jesus claim to be Lord?

Certainly nowhere in the Bible. That part was created later by his followers.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 3:43:37 AM
At 5/21/2010 7:34:20 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

In the early 1970's, all my family, apart from my dad, emigrated from Tyneside, England (home of the Geordies) to Hawaii (home of women in grass skirts and men in loud shirts).

Not long after she arrived in the United States some grasping, conniving Christian evangelist convinced my nana to become a born again Christian.

This meant that most of her disposable income was trousered by the local preacher rather than, say, used to buy her grandchildren birthday and Christmas presents!

Anyway, a few years ago, when most of the family moved to the mainland, Nana and Granda moved back to Tyneside and, without the "spiritual guidance" of those thieves in dog-collars at her old church, used her pension to go out and have a good time rather than help pay for her pastor's new Porsche.

When asked if she missed the church my nana replied: "Why no, man! I'm a born again Geordie now!"

Na.. I'm gan yem then goon doon toon for some canny toon broon.. ya mackem!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 3:44:34 AM
At 5/21/2010 3:59:11 AM, feverish wrote:
Maybe you should try concentrating on the quality, rather than the quantity of your posts if you want to get through to anyone.

Having the last word means no-one can answer you.. pretty basic stuff really..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 3:50:45 AM
At 5/21/2010 5:48:59 AM, Floid wrote:

Sarcasm aside.. let us NOT forget that you yourself tried for a good fortnight to dominate me with, first, your knowledge (that was never going to work was it?) and, second, every underhand, lowdown trick in the book.. you, like many better men before and since, spectacuarly failed; THAT is why you now ignore me! Your (and most people heres ) motive is to bully, dominate etc.. NOT for truth:

" Walk in the light while you have it, before darkness overtakes you. "

If you do not walk in the light you already have, why should you expect more?
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 4:02:34 AM
At 5/21/2010 6:43:13 AM, Korashk wrote:
There's a term out there for what you are in relation to forum posts. I believe it's called "threadkiller."

What, out there in the Nerd~Nirvana of cyber space you mean? where their pencil necks, greasy hair and non-existent social skills no longer makes them targets for scorn or repellent to the opposite sex? out 'there' do you mean?

A thread dies when all pseudo intellectuals, pretend atheists and other assorted weirdos have been exposed as such..

You all want to come here and show everyone else how much information you can retain and regurgitate for public consumption; FINE! but don't call it intelligence and don't pretend (even to yourselves) that you desire truth.. you do not.
The Cross.. the Cross.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 4:36:06 AM
At 5/24/2010 3:44:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2010 3:59:11 AM, feverish wrote:

Having the last word means no-one can answer you.. pretty basic stuff really..

Sure, you keep telling yourself that.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 4:48:36 AM
At 5/24/2010 3:43:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/21/2010 7:34:20 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Na.. I'm gan yem then goon doon toon for some canny toon broon.. ya mackem!

Translation into English:

"No, I'm going home then I'm going into the town centre for some lovely Newcastle Brown Ale, you resident of Sunderland."

Either you are a Geordie in exile, DATC, or you've spent a lot of time in the North East - not many people outside the area would understand "gan yem".
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2010 4:48:59 AM
At 5/24/2010 4:02:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
What, out there in the Nerd~Nirvana of cyber space you mean?

When you post people choose to not respond in order to avoid pointless circular conversations with you wherein you ignore their points and shout religion at them.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown