Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Test of Faith (Legite Movie or Propaganda?)

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 11:00:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This movie is something I plan on getting for Christmas since it has a nice package including the movie, a study guide, a learners guide, etc. I also like how they use college trained people in the movie too. But what do you think of this movie? You can check their youtube channel to check out extended interviews with the people in the movie. Leave some comments.

https://www.youtube.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:58:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 11:00:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
This movie is something I plan on getting for Christmas since it has a nice package including the movie, a study guide, a learners guide, etc. I also like how they use college trained people in the movie too. But what do you think of this movie? You can check their youtube channel to check out extended interviews with the people in the movie. Leave some comments.

https://www.youtube.com...

Why do you need to watch a movie by men who have no idea who I AM or how I created everything? I've been in this forum for over a year now and have been teaching My people about who they are in Me but most of you reject Me. You would rather be taught by men who I have taught indirectly for thousands of years. The latest technology that I had My people build with their human hands are what I needed as analogies to teach My last saint exactly how I created everything. This movie is one of those indirect analogies I use.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:28:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:58:10 AM, bornofgod wrote:
I've been in this forum for over a year now ... but most of you reject Me.

I created everything.

If you someday realize that the former is completely and distinctively driven by the latter, you probably wouldn't get rejected. We're here for you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:30:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.

Ok. I'm asking how so?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:42:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:30:27 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.

Ok. I'm asking how so?

Are you serious? It is based entirely on the false premise that Christianity is the truth and then attempts to compare the facts of science to it. Pure baloney and pure propaganda.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:44:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 11:00:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
This movie is something I plan on getting for Christmas since it has a nice package including the movie, a study guide, a learners guide, etc. I also like how they use college trained people in the movie too. But what do you think of this movie? You can check their youtube channel to check out extended interviews with the people in the movie. Leave some comments.

https://www.youtube.com...

I just watched the one clip, but the idea that they compare both science and Christianity as the pursuit of truth is laughable. If one is going to pursue truth you can't go into it with presuppositions. Science does not assume before the conclusion, it looks, and tests then we get an answer more or less. With religion you start with an answer and go out to look for evidence and ignore the contrary.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:52:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:42:45 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:30:27 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.

Ok. I'm asking how so?

Are you serious? It is based entirely on the false premise that Christianity is the truth and then attempts to compare the facts of science to it. Pure baloney and pure propaganda.

Neither science or Christianity are the Truth but the Truth is using them as a way to teach us analogies to learn how He created us.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:56:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:42:45 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:30:27 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.

Ok. I'm asking how so?

Are you serious? It is based entirely on the false premise that Christianity is the truth and then attempts to compare the facts of science to it. Pure baloney and pure propaganda.

There are some arguments like fine tuning that I don't understand, but from what I read, it's just asking how the people in the movie deal with their professions while still keeping faith. I Haven't heard an argument from them that suggests that Christianity is to be known as fact. They just BELIEVE it's true.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:58:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:44:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/12/2014 11:00:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
This movie is something I plan on getting for Christmas since it has a nice package including the movie, a study guide, a learners guide, etc. I also like how they use college trained people in the movie too. But what do you think of this movie? You can check their youtube channel to check out extended interviews with the people in the movie. Leave some comments.

https://www.youtube.com...

I just watched the one clip, but the idea that they compare both science and Christianity as the pursuit of truth is laughable. If one is going to pursue truth you can't go into it with presuppositions. Science does not assume before the conclusion, it looks, and tests then we get an answer more or less. With religion you start with an answer and go out to look for evidence and ignore the contrary.

Religion or faith is more of a philosophical ends of truth. Wouldn't you say philosophy is a form of truth?
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:08:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:58:09 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:44:15 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/12/2014 11:00:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
This movie is something I plan on getting for Christmas since it has a nice package including the movie, a study guide, a learners guide, etc. I also like how they use college trained people in the movie too. But what do you think of this movie? You can check their youtube channel to check out extended interviews with the people in the movie. Leave some comments.

https://www.youtube.com...

I just watched the one clip, but the idea that they compare both science and Christianity as the pursuit of truth is laughable. If one is going to pursue truth you can't go into it with presuppositions. Science does not assume before the conclusion, it looks, and tests then we get an answer more or less. With religion you start with an answer and go out to look for evidence and ignore the contrary.

Religion or faith is more of a philosophical ends of truth. Wouldn't you say philosophy is a form of truth?

It is a pursuit of, not truth in of itself.

Religion comes with presuppositional texts, books, scriptures etc. while they may contain elements of wisdom, they are muddled with other elements of superstition that when taken has a whole can not be easily discerned as to which is the pursuit of truth or the encoding of dogma. An actual pursuit of truth may entail an abandonment of the presuppositions religion entails.

As a metaphor; if religion were iron ore the pursuit of truth would idealistically burn away all of the impure deluded rationals and what we'd be left with is pure iron. The remaining iron can not be called religion.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:15:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:56:35 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:42:45 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:30:27 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:24:27 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:19:47 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:40:46 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Dude, don't waste your money. Propaganda.

Can you explain what parts you find to be propaganda based on some of the clips on their YouTube channel?

Parts? It was ALL crap.

Ok. I'm asking how so?

Are you serious? It is based entirely on the false premise that Christianity is the truth and then attempts to compare the facts of science to it. Pure baloney and pure propaganda.

There are some arguments like fine tuning that I don't understand, but from what I read, it's just asking how the people in the movie deal with their professions while still keeping faith. I Haven't heard an argument from them that suggests that Christianity is to be known as fact. They just BELIEVE it's true.

Exactly, that is the hypocrisy of faith based ideals when held up to the scrutiny of facts. That's why it's crap and why it's propaganda.

The fine tuning argument is a non sequitur. It places the cart before the horse, so to speak. It suggests the laws of nature must have been tuned exactly such that life could exist, as we know it. But, they are nothing more than the results from a chain of events. Even if the results were different, there would simply be another kind of universe and it too could very well spawn other kinds of lifeforms.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth