Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Thank that sinner Eve for your brains guys...

jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?
2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 7:09:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For the same reason that men made their God male. The entire thing is a male-dominated construct. The truly sad part is that so many women are willing to swallow that.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 7:54:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 7:09:12 PM, Beastt wrote:
For the same reason that men made their God male. The entire thing is a male-dominated construct. The truly sad part is that so many women are willing to swallow that.

Yes, it is. I'm an anomaly, obviously. There aren't very many atheistic females. I guess it's the training women receive from early on. Women follow a dominant leader because they are told to and if they aren't willing to accept certain roles then they aren't 'good'. And what could be more dominant than a God?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.

And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.


If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

And grateful his brains won't come from the moron's mother either.


HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

Gender roles area s natural as genetics.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

As you said what makes a man is the y chromosome. So adam was y+X where the woman was just 2X. A woman is half a man doubled.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

And grateful his brains won't come from the moron's mother either.

Yep.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

Gender roles area s natural as genetics.

Or social norms among specific cultures?

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

As you said what makes a man is the y chromosome. So adam was y+X where the woman was just 2X. A woman is half a man doubled.

Strange logic. But it does have a romantic flare.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:42:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 7:54:02 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 7:09:12 PM, Beastt wrote:
For the same reason that men made their God male. The entire thing is a male-dominated construct. The truly sad part is that so many women are willing to swallow that.

Yes, it is. I'm an anomaly, obviously. There aren't very many atheistic females. I guess it's the training women receive from early on. Women follow a dominant leader because they are told to and if they aren't willing to accept certain roles then they aren't 'good'. And what could be more dominant than a God?

There is some hope for women...

Jaclynn Glenn (Vegetarian & Atheist)

FactvsReligion (Vegetarian & Atheist)

HealthyAddict (Vegetarian & Atheist)

Christina Rad (Vegan & Atheist)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:42:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I love the saying on some office walls -

" Do you wish to speak to the Man in charge, OR the Woman that has to tell him what he needs to know? ".

Next!
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.


In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.

The master was in the town and had spent I think a week or so with the concubine and her father. Reconciling to return to the masters home.

This responsibility to protect a guest even at the harm of the women is seen with Lot as well. I don't agree with it. But this is a historical account and it's not saying god commands to offer up a woman to be raped. The story sets the field for why Judges were set up in Israel.


If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

And grateful his brains won't come from the moron's mother either.

Yep.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

Gender roles area s natural as genetics.

Or social norms among specific cultures?

Many creatures have gender roles. Roles that stem directly from the creatures genetic differences. Even Social creatures exhibit socially reinforced roles. I think it is foolish to think Men and women are completely equal in all respects. I think it is sexist that men are villainized as much as they are. Is this because physical violence is easier to objectively see than mental abuse?

There's a great disparity in that women that abuse men are not punished as harshly or even reported as often as they should be.


2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

As you said what makes a man is the y chromosome. So adam was y+X where the woman was just 2X. A woman is half a man doubled.

Strange logic. But it does have a romantic flare.

I think it's god's intent that 2 heads are better than one. And that the unit of power is made of a man and a woman together.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.


In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:14:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.


In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.

The master was in the town and had spent I think a week or so with the concubine and her father. Reconciling to return to the masters home.

This responsibility to protect a guest even at the harm of the women is seen with Lot as well. I don't agree with it. But this is a historical account and it's not saying god commands to offer up a woman to be raped. The story sets the field for why Judges were set up in Israel.

Yes, there are plainly things that are better suited for different sexes. I don't replace an engine in a car. It's not that I'm not knowledgeable enough... its because I lack physical strength.

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

And grateful his brains won't come from the moron's mother either.

Yep.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

Gender roles area s natural as genetics.

Or social norms among specific cultures?

Many creatures have gender roles. Roles that stem directly from the creatures genetic differences. Even Social creatures exhibit socially reinforced roles. I think it is foolish to think Men and women are completely equal in all respects. I think it is sexist that men are villainized as much as they are. Is this because physical violence is easier to objectively see than mental abuse?

There's a great disparity in that women that abuse men are not punished as harshly or even reported as often as they should be.

There are women who do disparaging things to other people and are abusive to their significant others. That is a fact.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

As you said what makes a man is the y chromosome. So adam was y+X where the woman was just 2X. A woman is half a man doubled.

Strange logic. But it does have a romantic flare.

I think it's god's intent that 2 heads are better than one. And that the unit of power is made of a man and a woman together.

Your mom was/is a very smart woman :)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:27:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:42:48 PM, Composer wrote:
I love the saying on some office walls -

" Do you wish to speak to the Man in charge, OR the Woman that has to tell him what he needs to know? ".

Next!


What woman tell you what you need to know Robert, and do you even listen to her?

Obviously there is no point speaking to you most of the time since you just ridicule what anyone says unless they totally agree with you.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.

And I said there are good and bad examples.



In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.

This was the custom established by the society living in that area at this time. I'm glad you can take your atheist subjective morals and retroactively apply them to these social norms. Maybe in a 4000 years the future will look back and see how barbaric the practices you find ethical.


It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.

Right like it is wrong to eat eggs, or animals but okay to kill unborn children who have nervous systems and react to stimuli. But not okay to eat aborted fetus?

You're morally fucked up buddy.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:38:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.
I'm sorry, the word the Bible uses isn't "holy", it's "righteous". Lot was a "righteous" man of God... who turned his daughters out to appease a lust-driven crowd, in order to protect two male visitors. But apparently, Lot lacked any upper body strength and was unable to fend off his daughters when they raped him.

And I said there are good and bad examples.
But the Bible is God's word, right? Why does it provide examples with you - the reader - have to establish as bad?


The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.
Look, it was included in the Bible... "God's word". Do the churches now pass out a list of excuses for all of the barbaric garbage in the Bible, or do you have to invent it yourself?

This was the custom established by the society living in that area at this time. I'm glad you can take your atheist subjective morals and retroactively apply them to these social norms. Maybe in a 4000 years the future will look back and see how barbaric the practices you find ethical.
You obviously have no problem with demonstrating that you STILL don't understand that subjective morals STILL NEED TO SERVE social harmony. And if they don't, they're NOT moral.


It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.

Right like it is wrong to eat eggs, or animals but okay to kill unborn children who have nervous systems and react to stimuli. But not okay to eat aborted fetus?
Ask me how I feel about keeping young women in cages by the thousands, crammed into layers, and layers within a barn where the excrement from the top, falls through all of the cages below, and artificially inseminating them simply so that the fetus can be aborted, and served on your plate. I wouldn't be in favor of it.

You're morally fucked up buddy.
Says the man who thinks blood-shed makes his loving God capable of forgiveness.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:39:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:14:02 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:38:42 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:33:02 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:


How does this relate to the following. The bible says God made man and woman both in his image. And he made them with Earth. hence "let us make them in OUR image."

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


There are also verses that talk about a good wife that say she is master of a household, smart, and industrious.

Proverbs?

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.


In japan and the army even in the smallest team of 2 people, one person has rank above the other. This is so disputes to not stall advancement and so in a clinch one person has final say.


And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

The Israelites sent message to the town where this woman was raped. Asked for the men involved. When the town did not hand over the men, it was destroyed.

I don't know about destroying the town but it's good at least someone stood up for her. Why did her master send her to those men to start with?

The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.

The master was in the town and had spent I think a week or so with the concubine and her father. Reconciling to return to the masters home.

This responsibility to protect a guest even at the harm of the women is seen with Lot as well. I don't agree with it. But this is a historical account and it's not saying god commands to offer up a woman to be raped. The story sets the field for why Judges were set up in Israel.

Yes, there are plainly things that are better suited for different sexes. I don't replace an engine in a car. It's not that I'm not knowledgeable enough... its because I lack physical strength.

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

And grateful his brains won't come from the moron's mother either.

Yep.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

Gender roles area s natural as genetics.

Or social norms among specific cultures?

Many creatures have gender roles. Roles that stem directly from the creatures genetic differences. Even Social creatures exhibit socially reinforced roles. I think it is foolish to think Men and women are completely equal in all respects. I think it is sexist that men are villainized as much as they are. Is this because physical violence is easier to objectively see than mental abuse?

There's a great disparity in that women that abuse men are not punished as harshly or even reported as often as they should be.

There are women who do disparaging things to other people and are abusive to their significant others. That is a fact.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

As you said what makes a man is the y chromosome. So adam was y+X where the woman was just 2X. A woman is half a man doubled.

Strange logic. But it does have a romantic flare.

I think it's god's intent that 2 heads are better than one. And that the unit of power is made of a man and a woman together.

Your mom was/is a very smart woman :)

My parents have been married for 35 years. I wouldn't say one is in charge over the other. I would say my father has last vote. But he puts the needs of the family above his own needs or desires.

And why yes.. she passed down some good x chromosomes haha. She is a giant beautiful strong woman. smart or crazy it is hard to tell at times.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

Eve was the one who saw there was wisdom and knowledge to be had and was willing to pay the price for it. Man just swallowed whatever she fed him. That is why men don't want to listen to women. The blame women for their suffering. They don't want to be wise or filled with knowledge because it hurts them too much. ;-)

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:49:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:38:42 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.

I'm sorry, the word the Bible uses isn't "holy", it's "righteous". Lot was a "righteous" man of God... who turned his daughters out to appease a lust-driven crowd, in order to protect two male visitors. But apparently, Lot lacked any upper body strength and was unable to fend off his daughters when they raped him.

The righteous man was blind drunk at the time. It is not hard for a woman to take advantage of a drunk man.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:55:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:38:42 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.
I'm sorry, the word the Bible uses isn't "holy", it's "righteous". Lot was a "righteous" man of God... who turned his daughters out to appease a lust-driven crowd, in order to protect two male visitors. But apparently, Lot lacked any upper body strength and was unable to fend off his daughters when they raped him.

And I said there are good and bad examples.
But the Bible is God's word, right? Why does it provide examples with you - the reader - have to establish as bad?

It doesn't. Some of the accounts are historical and when these historical events like this happen we see the repercussions later as being "bad" for Israel as a nation.



The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.
Look, it was included in the Bible... "God's word". Do the churches now pass out a list of excuses for all of the barbaric garbage in the Bible, or do you have to invent it yourself?

This story was taken out of context and the intricacies of which are not being explored in sufficient detail. but there is no excuse for an event written as a historical account to set the stage for what God does. These accounts are of what the men were doing.. then later it says what God does.


This was the custom established by the society living in that area at this time. I'm glad you can take your atheist subjective morals and retroactively apply them to these social norms. Maybe in a 4000 years the future will look back and see how barbaric the practices you find ethical.
You obviously have no problem with demonstrating that you STILL don't understand that subjective morals STILL NEED TO SERVE social harmony. And if they don't, they're NOT moral.

You mean they are not ethical. subjective morals that do not meet social harmony would be non-ethical.



It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.

Right like it is wrong to eat eggs, or animals but okay to kill unborn children who have nervous systems and react to stimuli. But not okay to eat aborted fetus?
Ask me how I feel about keeping young women in cages by the thousands, crammed into layers, and layers within a barn where the excrement from the top, falls through all of the cages below, and artificially inseminating them simply so that the fetus can be aborted, and served on your plate. I wouldn't be in favor of it.

I prefer stalking them in the woods. I prefer not to eat chicken for the very reasons you mentioned. My diet is mostly game, fish, and beef.


You're morally fucked up buddy.
Says the man who thinks blood-shed makes his loving God capable of forgiveness.

No I think blood-shed and sacrifice are outward expressions of an inner door opening, that makes God's forgiveness capable of working upon a persons heart, the seat of a person's desires.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

Eve was the one who saw there was wisdom and knowledge to be had and was willing to pay the price for it. Man just swallowed whatever she fed him. That is why men don't want to listen to women. The blame women for their suffering. They don't want to be wise or filled with knowledge because it hurts them too much. ;-)

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:15:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:55:55 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:38:42 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.
I'm sorry, the word the Bible uses isn't "holy", it's "righteous". Lot was a "righteous" man of God... who turned his daughters out to appease a lust-driven crowd, in order to protect two male visitors. But apparently, Lot lacked any upper body strength and was unable to fend off his daughters when they raped him.

And I said there are good and bad examples.
But the Bible is God's word, right? Why does it provide examples with you - the reader - have to establish as bad?

It doesn't. Some of the accounts are historical and when these historical events like this happen we see the repercussions later as being "bad" for Israel as a nation.
Bad for Israel in your interpretation?



The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.
Look, it was included in the Bible... "God's word". Do the churches now pass out a list of excuses for all of the barbaric garbage in the Bible, or do you have to invent it yourself?

This story was taken out of context and the intricacies of which are not being explored in sufficient detail. but there is no excuse for an event written as a historical account to set the stage for what God does. These accounts are of what the men were doing.. then later it says what God does.
Christians should have their "Context Card" removed from their wallet and destroyed. There is no context in which it is a righteous act to turn a young woman out to a lust-crazed mob. If you think there is, then I DARE YOU to present one.


This was the custom established by the society living in that area at this time. I'm glad you can take your atheist subjective morals and retroactively apply them to these social norms. Maybe in a 4000 years the future will look back and see how barbaric the practices you find ethical.
You obviously have no problem with demonstrating that you STILL don't understand that subjective morals STILL NEED TO SERVE social harmony. And if they don't, they're NOT moral.

You mean they are not ethical. subjective morals that do not meet social harmony would be non-ethical.
There is no such thing as a "moral which doesn't meet social harmony". The entire purpose of moral codes is to promote social harmony. Behaviors which promote social harmony are "moral". Those which degrade social harmony are immoral. That's what morality is. That's how morality works.



It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.

Right like it is wrong to eat eggs, or animals but okay to kill unborn children who have nervous systems and react to stimuli. But not okay to eat aborted fetus?
Ask me how I feel about keeping young women in cages by the thousands, crammed into layers, and layers within a barn where the excrement from the top, falls through all of the cages below, and artificially inseminating them simply so that the fetus can be aborted, and served on your plate. I wouldn't be in favor of it.

I prefer stalking them in the woods. I prefer not to eat chicken for the very reasons you mentioned. My diet is mostly game, fish, and beef.
So then it would be okay if we stalked camp grounds and kidnapped pregnant female campers, removed the fetus with a coat hanger, and roasted it over an open fire?


You're morally fucked up buddy.
Says the man who thinks blood-shed makes his loving God capable of forgiveness.

No I think blood-shed and sacrifice are outward expressions of an inner door opening, that makes God's forgiveness capable of working upon a persons heart, the seat of a person's desires.
Blood-shed and sacrifice doesn't open doors. It causes suffering and death. It is purely immoral.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:19:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.
So not the word of god at all, that is the excuse you people make all the time.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:19:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

Eve was the one who saw there was wisdom and knowledge to be had and was willing to pay the price for it. Man just swallowed whatever she fed him. That is why men don't want to listen to women. The blame women for their suffering. They don't want to be wise or filled with knowledge because it hurts them too much. ;-)

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

It was the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. What is so often left out is the "good and evil" part. It's not to say that Adam and Eve were ignorant or stupid before eating.

The Hebrew for tree is a root word meaning "building material". So the "lumber" of knowledge of good and evil. Every thing up to that point had been declared "good" by God. The hebrew word for "good" has it's meaning actually rooted in the term "functional". And "evil" in these passages mean "unpleasant".

So the tree, was knowledge of building good things and unpleasant things. This knowledge would eventually be released to a more mature man and woman. just as eventually the tree of life will be available.

But it was forbidden not to keep mankind dumb. but to keep them from making unpleasant things.

notice after they eat the first thing they see is their nakedness. Well what would be wrong with that? All the animals are nude. The weather is perfect and it's only 2 people in the garden. 2 people who are for all intents and purposes married. So why would they feel embarrassed to be naked?

Clothing is a good tool. But there is also a lot of vanity that comes with it. And it covers us not just from the weather but also from inspection by our peers. The story implies that mankind lacked the maturity to know when clothing was good and when it was bad. Also the clothes they made were from leaves. Dieing and falling apart as soon as they plucked the leafs off the vine. But god made them leather garments. Garments that last and serve against the elements better.

There are other tool using animals. Do any of these animals use tools to kill their own kind?

Mankind does.


HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

the name used for God in those books is Elohim. Elohim is the creator god name. It is a singular feminine root with a masculine plural ending and overall singular construction.


2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

bone is dust with water. live is in the blood, blood is made in the bones. The bone is a fountain of life.


Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.

woman can only make other woman, that is if virgin births were common in mammals. So Males need a male to come forth.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:30:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 10:19:31 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

Eve was the one who saw there was wisdom and knowledge to be had and was willing to pay the price for it. Man just swallowed whatever she fed him. That is why men don't want to listen to women. The blame women for their suffering. They don't want to be wise or filled with knowledge because it hurts them too much. ;-)

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

It was the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. What is so often left out is the "good and evil" part. It's not to say that Adam and Eve were ignorant or stupid before eating.

The Hebrew for tree is a root word meaning "building material". So the "lumber" of knowledge of good and evil. Every thing up to that point had been declared "good" by God. The hebrew word for "good" has it's meaning actually rooted in the term "functional". And "evil" in these passages mean "unpleasant".

So the tree, was knowledge of building good things and unpleasant things. This knowledge would eventually be released to a more mature man and woman. just as eventually the tree of life will be available.

But it was forbidden not to keep mankind dumb. but to keep them from making unpleasant things.

notice after they eat the first thing they see is their nakedness. Well what would be wrong with that? All the animals are nude. The weather is perfect and it's only 2 people in the garden. 2 people who are for all intents and purposes married. So why would they feel embarrassed to be naked?

Clothing is a good tool. But there is also a lot of vanity that comes with it. And it covers us not just from the weather but also from inspection by our peers. The story implies that mankind lacked the maturity to know when clothing was good and when it was bad. Also the clothes they made were from leaves. Dieing and falling apart as soon as they plucked the leafs off the vine. But god made them leather garments. Garments that last and serve against the elements better.

The Humpty Dumpty defense. Well done.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:36:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 10:15:40 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:55:55 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:38:42 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:28:10 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:13:47 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:04:58 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Proverbs, Ruth, Abigail, ... There are good men of example just as there are good women. there are bad women and bad men.
And let's not forget Lot -- the most holy man... who turned his own daughters out in the street to a lust-crazed mob in order to save his male visitors from being raped. And Lot's own daughters had sex with him.

Why are you saying Lot was "most holy man". And his daughters got their father drunk and seduced him. Because they thought all the men in the area were destroyed.
I'm sorry, the word the Bible uses isn't "holy", it's "righteous". Lot was a "righteous" man of God... who turned his daughters out to appease a lust-driven crowd, in order to protect two male visitors. But apparently, Lot lacked any upper body strength and was unable to fend off his daughters when they raped him.

And I said there are good and bad examples.
But the Bible is God's word, right? Why does it provide examples with you - the reader - have to establish as bad?

It doesn't. Some of the accounts are historical and when these historical events like this happen we see the repercussions later as being "bad" for Israel as a nation.
Bad for Israel in your interpretation?

I'd say when a nation is in civil war that would bad. Maybe I'm using one of your "It's "obviously" bad" arguments.




The men of Gibeah wanted to rape the master. An old man invite the master and concubine to spend the night in his home instead of sleeping int he town square. It was a hosts responsibility and honor to protect his guests. The old man handed over the concubine and his virgin daughter to the men.
And because it was a hosts responsibility, it makes it okay to turn your own children out to be raped and molested? Christianity at its finest!

This would actually be Jewish at the time. This was cultural in the area and I didn't read any where that it was something commanded by God. These were historical accounts.
Look, it was included in the Bible... "God's word". Do the churches now pass out a list of excuses for all of the barbaric garbage in the Bible, or do you have to invent it yourself?

This story was taken out of context and the intricacies of which are not being explored in sufficient detail. but there is no excuse for an event written as a historical account to set the stage for what God does. These accounts are of what the men were doing.. then later it says what God does.
Christians should have their "Context Card" removed from their wallet and destroyed. There is no context in which it is a righteous act to turn a young woman out to a lust-crazed mob. If you think there is, then I DARE YOU to present one.

I said i did not agree with it. But why don't you support your assertions and show where god commands to hand over a woman to be raped by a mob?



This was the custom established by the society living in that area at this time. I'm glad you can take your atheist subjective morals and retroactively apply them to these social norms. Maybe in a 4000 years the future will look back and see how barbaric the practices you find ethical.
You obviously have no problem with demonstrating that you STILL don't understand that subjective morals STILL NEED TO SERVE social harmony. And if they don't, they're NOT moral.

You mean they are not ethical. subjective morals that do not meet social harmony would be non-ethical.
There is no such thing as a "moral which doesn't meet social harmony". The entire purpose of moral codes is to promote social harmony. Behaviors which promote social harmony are "moral". Those which degrade social harmony are immoral. That's what morality is. That's how morality works.

I disagree. I think morally right actions can be socially disharmonious. This is expressed as well by American forefathers.

"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it" - Lincoln

Socially harmonious is an argumentum ad populum. When I suggested that the community that voted to censor the biology book was within their rights, you got all up in arms. yet now you use the same reasoning to establish "moral" rules. Hippocracy sir!

you ever hear no good deed goes unpunished. It's true. You can do the morally right thing that is against the rules.




It's just amazingly sad that even in this day, Christians are not able to recognize the intense barbarity involved as a virtue of these Bible stories. It does, however, provide some insight as to why Christians are so confused when it comes to simple right and wrong.

Right like it is wrong to eat eggs, or animals but okay to kill unborn children who have nervous systems and react to stimuli. But not okay to eat aborted fetus?
Ask me how I feel about keeping young women in cages by the thousands, crammed into layers, and layers within a barn where the excrement from the top, falls through all of the cages below, and artificially inseminating them simply so that the fetus can be aborted, and served on your plate. I wouldn't be in favor of it.

I prefer stalking them in the woods. I prefer not to eat chicken for the very reasons you mentioned. My diet is mostly game, fish, and beef.
So then it would be okay if we stalked camp grounds and kidnapped pregnant female campers, removed the fetus with a coat hanger, and roasted it over an open fire?


You're morally fucked up buddy.
Says the man who thinks blood-shed makes his loving God capable of forgiveness.

No I think blood-shed and sacrifice are outward expressions of an inner door opening, that makes God's forgiveness capable of working upon a persons heart, the seat of a person's desires.
Blood-shed and sacrifice doesn't open doors. It causes suffering and death. It is purely immoral.

because nothing is like shedding one's own blood or sacrificing one's own desire.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:49:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 10:19:31 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

Eve was the one who saw there was wisdom and knowledge to be had and was willing to pay the price for it. Man just swallowed whatever she fed him. That is why men don't want to listen to women. The blame women for their suffering. They don't want to be wise or filled with knowledge because it hurts them too much. ;-)

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

It was the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. What is so often left out is the "good and evil" part. It's not to say that Adam and Eve were ignorant or stupid before eating.

The Hebrew for tree is a root word meaning "building material". So the "lumber" of knowledge of good and evil. Every thing up to that point had been declared "good" by God. The hebrew word for "good" has it's meaning actually rooted in the term "functional". And "evil" in these passages mean "unpleasant".

So the tree, was knowledge of building good things and unpleasant things. This knowledge would eventually be released to a more mature man and woman. just as eventually the tree of life will be available.

But it was forbidden not to keep mankind dumb. but to keep them from making unpleasant things.

I always kind of thought that it could be used as a metaphor. That there was some point in human evolution when a conscience developed. (not sentience, but complex feelings of guilt, shame, mortality, etc) Because woman is the mitochondrial donor, genetically, then it would be safe to say that she would pass the mutation to her children. But then I realized that I was reading too much into it. Your thoughts?

notice after they eat the first thing they see is their nakedness. Well what would be wrong with that? All the animals are nude. The weather is perfect and it's only 2 people in the garden. 2 people who are for all intents and purposes married. So why would they feel embarrassed to be naked?

Clothing is a good tool. But there is also a lot of vanity that comes with it. And it covers us not just from the weather but also from inspection by our peers. The story implies that mankind lacked the maturity to know when clothing was good and when it was bad. Also the clothes they made were from leaves. Dieing and falling apart as soon as they plucked the leafs off the vine. But god made them leather garments. Garments that last and serve against the elements better.

There are other tool using animals. Do any of these animals use tools to kill their own kind?

Mankind does.


HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

the name used for God in those books is Elohim. Elohim is the creator god name. It is a singular feminine root with a masculine plural ending and overall singular construction.


2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

bone is dust with water. live is in the blood, blood is made in the bones. The bone is a fountain of life.


Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.

woman can only make other woman, that is if virgin births were common in mammals. So Males need a male to come forth.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:01:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 7:54:02 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 7:09:12 PM, Beastt wrote:
For the same reason that men made their God male. The entire thing is a male-dominated construct. The truly sad part is that so many women are willing to swallow that.

Yes, it is. I'm an anomaly, obviously. There aren't very many atheistic females. I guess it's the training women receive from early on. Women follow a dominant leader because they are told to and if they aren't willing to accept certain roles then they aren't 'good'. And what could be more dominant than a God?

I do not find the matter to be a question of intelligence. I do, however, find many women to be too emotional to put whatever intelligence they possess into action consistently. Not all. Many, however.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:08:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

Many truths are spoken through jokes.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

Obviously, since I just did.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

Dust from the earth doesn't magically turn to bones.

Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.

That's why God is Love. :-)

It is also why they are often calling each other God in the process... "OH God" "OH God"
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:11:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 10:49:39 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 10:19:31 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
...
It was the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. What is so often left out is the "good and evil" part. It's not to say that Adam and Eve were ignorant or stupid before eating.

The Hebrew for tree is a root word meaning "building material". So the "lumber" of knowledge of good and evil. Every thing up to that point had been declared "good" by God. The hebrew word for "good" has it's meaning actually rooted in the term "functional". And "evil" in these passages mean "unpleasant".

So the tree, was knowledge of building good things and unpleasant things. This knowledge would eventually be released to a more mature man and woman. just as eventually the tree of life will be available.

But it was forbidden not to keep mankind dumb. but to keep them from making unpleasant things.

I always kind of thought that it could be used as a metaphor. That there was some point in human evolution when a conscience developed. (not sentience, but complex feelings of guilt, shame, mortality, etc) Because woman is the mitochondrial donor, genetically, then it would be safe to say that she would pass the mutation to her children. But then I realized that I was reading too much into it. Your thoughts?

There's so much to say even on the simple exchange between Eve and the snake.

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, "You must not eat from any tree in the garden"?"

** an obvious lie. Because God said they could eat of almost every tree in the garden. This question was to see what Eve knew of God's word.

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, "You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.""

** Here Eve adds the word "must not touch". It seems innocent to add to the words of God. Especially since you have to touch it to eat it. So adding "do not touch" seems like a welcomed addition. but it is a slippery slope.

4 "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

** It's natural for young children to be older and like their parents. To have the power of their parents. the temptation is "you will be LIKE God".

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.

** Here when she touched it and did not die she was surely encouraged more to eat of the fruit. Which eating was forbidden. And not having the maturity she found the knowledge it held as beneficial. But knowledge with out responsibility is a travesty.

Anymore then i add to that will be just me making folktales. Like was this a genetic change in the human genome? Some say Lucifer was an angle in charge of serpents. And Lucifer's fall from heaven was duplicated below as the destruction of the dinosaurs. So that these serpents might have been reptilian humanoids. Or it is all metaphorical.

I think the blame can also be laid upon Adam. If we look back to Genesis 2

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
18 The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

So Adam told Eve what commands God had issued out. If he had done a better Job Eve would not have quoted God wrong, and would have been better equipped to ignore the serpent.


notice after they eat the first thing they see is their nakedness. Well what would be wrong with that? All the animals are nude. The weather is perfect and it's only 2 people in the garden. 2 people who are for all intents and purposes married. So why would they feel embarrassed to be naked?

Clothing is a good tool. But there is also a lot of vanity that comes with it. And it covers us not just from the weather but also from inspection by our peers. The story implies that mankind lacked the maturity to know when clothing was good and when it was bad. Also the clothes they made were from leaves. Dieing and falling apart as soon as they plucked the leafs off the vine. But god made them leather garments. Garments that last and serve against the elements better.

There are other tool using animals. Do any of these animals use tools to kill their own kind?

Mankind does.


HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

the name used for God in those books is Elohim. Elohim is the creator god name. It is a singular feminine root with a masculine plural ending and overall singular construction.


2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

bone is dust with water. live is in the blood, blood is made in the bones. The bone is a fountain of life.


Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.

woman can only make other woman, that is if virgin births were common in mammals. So Males need a male to come forth.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:13:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:08:11 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:58:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:

They don't want to listen to us because they know we're always right! JOKING. :D

Many truths are spoken through jokes.
Ssshhh!

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?

It actually implies God is both male and female since mankind was made in a male and female image.

I suppose that could be read into it as well.

Obviously, since I just did.

2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Adam was made from dust
Eve was made from bones.
Bones have more substance and stability than dust.

Bones turn to dust so what's the difference in the long run?

Dust from the earth doesn't magically turn to bones.

Mankind (Adam) is both male and female. They are one. Males did not come before females. They might in a story but they can't in reality since no man can ever be born unless a female gives birth to him.

True. But getting pregnant requires both. And it's fun... just saying.

That's why God is Love. :-)

It is also why they are often calling each other God in the process... "OH God" "OH God"

Lol! I can't argue with that.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:22:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:36:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Did you know that you have your mom to thank for your smarts? YES YOU DO. The proof is in your chromosomes!

"The Y has a mere 100 or so genes, and there is no evidence that any of them are linked to cognition. This contrasts sharply with the 1,200-odd genes on the X chromosome. There is mounting evidence that at least 150 of these genes are linked to intelligence, and there is definite evidence that verbal IQ is X-linked. It suggests that a mother's contribution to intelligence may be more significant than a father's"especially if the child is male, because a male's one and only X chromosome always comes from his mother. And in females, the X chromosome derived from the father is in fact bequeathed directly from the father's mother, simply setting the maternal X-effect back one generation, so to speak." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

So thank your mom for 80% of your intelligence!
http://sheerazgul.wordpress.com...

Also guys, something else to think about. The female form is the default form. Without that Y chromosome, you're a girl! You get all of your mitochondrial DNA from mom as well.

I am not saying all men, religious or not, think this way. My best friends are all men. This is primarily for a select few who think that they are anything at all superior to the females in their lives because some religious book makes statements like this:

Timothy 2
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

And tells stories like this:

Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant with a son, he can be grateful his smarts didn't come from the moron who raped her.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1) If the Bible is the word of God, why does it promote male dominance after knowing what we do about the female role in genetics?
2) How did Adam come first and then Eve was somehow made from his rib if the female form genetically the default form?

Women don't have a monopoly on the X chrome. Men are just more diverse!
And as a woman you should thank your dad for 50% of your intelligence :P
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:32:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:01:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/13/2014 7:54:02 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/13/2014 7:09:12 PM, Beastt wrote:
For the same reason that men made their God male. The entire thing is a male-dominated construct. The truly sad part is that so many women are willing to swallow that.

Yes, it is. I'm an anomaly, obviously. There aren't very many atheistic females. I guess it's the training women receive from early on. Women follow a dominant leader because they are told to and if they aren't willing to accept certain roles then they aren't 'good'. And what could be more dominant than a God?

I do not find the matter to be a question of intelligence. I do, however, find many women to be too emotional to put whatever intelligence they possess into action consistently. Not all. Many, however.

I think that women are more apt to display their emotions than men are and that leaves them more vulnerable to criticism. And I agree that it's not a problem with intelligence, but sensitivity. (We all possess it) Women are in encouraged to show emotion from an early age, whereas men are taught not to. There are exceptions, but the general behavior is there.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."