Jump to topic:

Conservative Christians - dumb and dumber

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 7:11:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you're a desperate homophobic hate organisation still attempting to hammer the "b-b-but gay is a choice!" line as some sort of knockdown argument against letting people get on with their lives in peace, then you might want to learn from the experience of US organisation PFOX: don't use one stock photo model to portray identical twins, and also maybe check that said model is not also both out and proud.

PFOX decided that they'd draw on a long-discredited 2000 paper that purported to show that identical twins had different sexual orientations. A billboard was erected with photos of two "twins" - actually two photos of the same chap - to declare this non-fact as truth, which was placed on the side of a highway.

This came something of a surprise surprise to the fellow in the photos: South African model Kyle Roux, who did the shoot in question a decade back and who has "lived my life openly gay and happy," as he told NBC 12 in Richmond, Virginia.

http://www.rawstory.com...

Apologies to future generations who are going to wonder why people cared so much about other people's sexual orientation. You're right: we really did waste a lot of time on this stuff when there were far more pressing issues to address.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:40:11 AM
Dumb: Advertising a long discredited study on twins to back your agenda on homosexuality.

Dumber: For your 'twins' photoshop two photos of a non-twin who is openly gay and proud of it.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:17:30 AM
It seems to me that the folks on here most frequently bringing up the subject of sexual orientation are .... anything but "Conservative Christians". I'd say the subject is brought up more frequently by atheists and agnostics by a 10 to 1 margin.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:28:06 AM
Yeah dee i brought this to the attention of my FB friends, but you will find the poor deluded denying any nefarity.
They just HATE faggs as their GOD told them to.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:25:31 AM
At 12/15/2014 7:28:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
Yeah dee i brought this to the attention of my FB friends, but you will find the poor deluded denying any nefarity.

I don't hate gay people and neither does God. I do not approve of their actions but that does not mean I hate them. My step-sister was lesbian for a period of time. Did I hate her? No, but I made sure she knew that I wasn't going to approve of that behavior. In the Mormon church, we are actually told outright that we do not agree with gay marriage but we do not judge, hate, or otherwise ostracize gays. Just because some Christians are radical does not mean they all are. I would ask you have a little more reserve when declaring a faction has hate, including my God.
IEnglishman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:55:26 PM
Yeah dee i brought this to the attention of my FB friends,

So you brought it to the attention of no-one?Why are you commenting then? Also, are you gay,is that why you care so much abot what religious people think about them?
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:31:08 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:17:30 AM, annanicole wrote:
It seems to me that the folks on here most frequently bringing up the subject of sexual orientation are .... anything but "Conservative Christians". I'd say the subject is brought up more frequently by atheists and agnostics by a 10 to 1 margin.

By exposing what conservative Christians are up to, we atheists are "bringing up the subject of sexual orientation". That's an interesting take on reality. Hear that atheists? When you hear about bad behaviour, you should just close your eyes, block your ears and say nothing. Because that's how wrongdoing is combated in the world. Apathy is the answer to all our problems.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--- Edmund Burke
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:41:27 PM

Its frequently brought up in the 'society' and 'politics' section, and receives quite a bit of attention there.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:03:24 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:31:08 PM, dee-em wrote:

By exposing what conservative Christians are up to, we atheists are "bringing up the subject of sexual orientation". That's an interesting take on reality. Hear that atheists? When you hear about bad behaviour, you should just close your eyes, block your ears and say nothing. Because that's how wrongdoing is combated in the world. Apathy is the answer to all our problems.

No, the answer to your "problems" would be when you see the sentence, "Apologies to future generations who are going to wonder why people cared so much about other people's sexual orientation", realize that the main people bringing the matter up - and by a large margin - are .... atheists! I sure haven't mentioned it (as far as bringing it up). I could hardly care less about the subject.

Atheists, however, seem to be deeply concerned with where a penis ejaculates. Aside from sanitation, again, I couldn't care less.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:13:35 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:41:27 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Its frequently brought up in the 'society' and 'politics' section, and receives quite a bit of attention there.

It may be, but I hardly think that Christians constitute the main source of the "bringing up". It just seems to me, without any studies to back it up, that the subject is most often introduced out of the blue by ... atheists and agnostics.

By the way, I am wholly in favor of a state, any of the fifty states, passing a law allowing homosexual relationships and marriage if that state deems that such a law is desired by the majority of its citizens. I'm not going to sit off in another state and try to dictate what California or Massachusetts should do.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:24:04 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:03:24 PM, annanicole wrote:

No, the answer to your "problems" would be when you see the sentence, "Apologies to future generations who are going to wonder why people cared so much about other people's sexual orientation", realize that the main people bringing the matter up - and by a large margin - are .... atheists! I sure haven't mentioned it (as far as bringing it up). I could hardly care less about the subject.

Atheists, however, seem to be deeply concerned with where a penis ejaculates. Aside from sanitation, again, I couldn't care less.

It's not always about you. It's about a conservative Christian group PFOX and their idiotic behaviour. These matters need to be reported, not swept under the carpet.

You claim you don't care about this issue. That's fine, don't comment. Instead you come here and immediately start berating atheists for having a moral compass and being willing to speak out. Not a single critical word about the members of your religion behaving badly. You should take a long hard look at yourself and where your priorities lie.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:32:48 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:13:35 PM, annanicole wrote:

It may be, but I hardly think that Christians constitute the main source of the "bringing up". It just seems to me, without any studies to back it up, that the subject is most often introduced out of the blue by ... atheists and agnostics.

Not out of the blue. Atheists and agnostics aren't trying to regulated it, and are trying to -repeal- where it is law.

By the way, I am wholly in favor of a state, any of the fifty states, passing a law allowing homosexual relationships and marriage if that state deems that such a law is desired by the majority of its citizens. I'm not going to sit off in another state and try to dictate what California or Massachusetts should do.

Such a law can vote away the inherent rights of other citizens? Thats where politically, it gets sticky. Beyond act of intimacy, whats the difference between a hetero/homosexual marriage? If the answer is 'none', what is the purpose for such a law, aside to be discriminatory, then?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:42:23 PM

Anna Nicole's motto:

If it's bad news, shoot the messenger.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:50:53 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:24:04 PM, dee-em wrote:

It's not always about you. It's about a conservative Christian group PFOX and their idiotic behaviour. These matters need to be reported, not swept under the carpet.

You claim you don't care about this issue. That's fine, don't comment. Instead you come here and immediately start berating atheists for having a moral compass and being willing to speak out. Not a single critical word about the members of your religion behaving badly. You should take a long hard look at yourself and where your priorities lie.

Oh, BS. You have as your very title Conservative Christians - dumb and dumber.

Suppose I start a thread with a title such as "Atheists - Morons and Imbeciles", then I say, "Wait a minute. Not a single word was said about atheists behaving badly."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:55:41 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:42:23 PM, dee-em wrote:

Anna Nicole's motto:

Nahhh, just so we all realize that the group who is most responsible for (1) bringing up then (2) defending homosexuality on here is ... atheists and agnostics. They are almost infatuated by the subject.

It's not like Christians are on here condemning queers to the gas chamber. In fact, I'd surmise that most Christians are indifferent to them, i. e. if a man wants to shack up with another man and engage in homosexual acts, let him go right ahead, unhindered. Nobody is stopping him.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:00:58 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:32:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Not out of the blue. Atheists and agnostics aren't trying to regulated it, and are trying to -repeal- where it is law.

Well, laws outlawing homosexual behavior by consenting adults as criminal activity ought to be repealed. I wasn't aware that there were any such laws, but assuming that there are, then repeal them.

Such a law can vote away the inherent rights of other citizens? Thats where politically, it gets sticky. Beyond act of intimacy, whats the difference between a hetero/homosexual marriage? If the answer is 'none', what is the purpose for such a law, aside to be discriminatory, then?

Who said anything about homosexual marriage? The whole concept is absurd. LOL @ two women getting "married". What prevents 'em from adding a third, fourth, and fifth? They can just have a lesbian "harem" and have a lesbian commune.

I was talking about any laws that allow prosecution of consenting adults for engaging in homosexual acts. I never entertained the idea of two men or two women marrying.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:02:11 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:50:53 PM, annanicole wrote:

Suppose I start a thread with a title such as "Atheists - Morons and Imbeciles", then I say, "Wait a minute. Not a single word was said about atheists behaving badly."

What? I'm talking about you. Your first post was to attack atheists. Not a single word of rebuke regarding PFOX and their actions. As I said - priorities.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:11:57 PM
At 12/15/2014 5:55:41 PM, annanicole wrote:

Anna Nicole's motto:

Nahhh, just so we all realize that the group who is most responsible for (1) bringing up then (2) defending homosexuality on here is ... atheists and agnostics. They are almost infatuated by the subject.

You're confused. I never raised the subject of defending homosexuality. The subject is conservative Christians and their obsession on what other people do with their bodies.

It's not like Christians are on here condemning queers to the gas chamber. In fact, I'd surmise that most Christians are indifferent to them, i. e. if a man wants to shack up with another man and engage in homosexual acts, let him go right ahead, unhindered. Nobody is stopping him.

If that's your view, great. Unfortunately there are Christian groups who think otherwise. I'm calling them out on it. What exactly is your problem with that? You don't want to hear it? Well, that's tough, because atheists will keep shaming these groups every time they raise their heads.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:02:44 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:02:11 PM, dee-em wrote:

What? I'm talking about you. Your first post was to attack atheists. Not a single word of rebuke regarding PFOX and their actions. As I said - priorities.

... and your first post, indeed the very title of your thread, was an attack on conservative Christians.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:06:35 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:11:57 PM, dee-em wrote:

Anna Nicole's motto:

You're confused. I never raised the subject of defending homosexuality. The subject is conservative Christians and their obsession on what other people do with their bodies.

If that's your view, great. Unfortunately there are Christian groups who think otherwise. I'm calling them out on it. What exactly is your problem with that? You don't want to hear it? Well, that's tough, because atheists will keep shaming these groups every time they raise their heads.

Then change the title of your thread to a reference to certain minor groups instead of a broad-sweeping condemnation of conservative Christians as a whole.

It's about like someone starting a thread that says, "Atheists - imbecilic and more imbecilic" when the actual gripe that the poster has is with a small group of nutcase atheists.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:11:23 PM

Why don't you publish your objective study and your statistical analysis?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:14:57 PM
At 12/15/2014 11:25:31 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

I don't hate gay people and neither does God. I do not approve of their actions but that does not mean I hate them. My step-sister was lesbian for a period of time. Did I hate her? No, but I made sure she knew that I wasn't going to approve of that behavior. In the Mormon church, we are actually told outright that we do not agree with gay marriage but we do not judge, hate, or otherwise ostracize gays. Just because some Christians are radical does not mean they all are. I would ask you have a little more reserve when declaring a faction has hate, including my God.

(Leviticus 20:13) "And if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

The religious never tire of telling their God what God does, and doesn't, believe.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:20:01 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:02:44 PM, annanicole wrote:

... and your first post, indeed the very title of your thread, was an attack on conservative Christians.

Yes, conservative Christians behaving badly. Perfectly justified.

Why were you attacking atheists, again? Yes, that's right - for being the messenger.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:25:52 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:00:58 PM, annanicole wrote:

Well, laws outlawing homosexual behavior by consenting adults as criminal activity ought to be repealed. I wasn't aware that there were any such laws, but assuming that there are, then repeal them.

Who said anything about homosexual marriage? The whole concept is absurd. LOL @ two women getting "married". What prevents 'em from adding a third, fourth, and fifth? They can just have a lesbian "harem" and have a lesbian commune.

The same thing that prevents a straight man from taking a second, third, fourth and Fifth wife, Lol, and having a harem, lol.

Answer the question, what is the difference between a heterosexual marriage and a homosexual one beyond an act of intimacy.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:26:08 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:11:23 PM, Beastt wrote:

How could I do that and the following statement by me still be true?

"It may be, but I hardly think that Christians constitute the main source of the "bringing up". It just seems to me, without any studies to back it up, that the subject is most often introduced out of the blue by ... atheists and agnostics."

Can't you read? I just said, " ... without any studies to back it up" - and other atheists will please note the imbecile turning right around and asking for "objective study and your statistical analysis".

How the hell am I supposed to provide an "objective study" and "statistical analysis without "any studies to back it up"?

That's about like someone saying, "I don't have a birth certificate", and Beastt turns right around and demands that they provide their birth certificate. I've never seen anything like it.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:27:09 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:06:35 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/15/2014 6:11:57 PM, dee-em wrote:

Anna Nicole's motto:

Then change the title of your thread to a reference to certain minor groups instead of a broad-sweeping condemnation of conservative Christians as a whole.

A simple thread title is a broad-sweeping condemnation? Wow. Try reading the OP. The title was just to get your attention.

It's about like someone starting a thread that says, "Atheists - imbecilic and more imbecilic" when the actual gripe that the poster has is with a small group of nutcase atheists.

You mean like this: http://www.debate.org...
Lol.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:27:35 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:20:01 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/15/2014 8:02:44 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yes, conservative Christians behaving badly. Perfectly justified.

LMAO. Well, if that's the best you can do, I'll consider the point made.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:29:41 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:25:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/15/2014 6:00:58 PM, annanicole wrote:

The same thing that prevents a straight man from taking a second, third, fourth and Fifth wife, Lol, and having a harem, lol.

... and what is it, exactly, that prevents Mormons and others from doing so?

Answer the question, what is the difference between a heterosexual marriage and a homosexual one beyond an act of intimacy.

Lack of an ability to procreate
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:30:02 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:26:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/15/2014 8:11:23 PM, Beastt wrote:

How could I do that and the following statement by me still be true?

"It may be, but I hardly think that Christians constitute the main source of the "bringing up". It just seems to me, without any studies to back it up, that the subject is most often introduced out of the blue by ... atheists and agnostics."

Can't you read? I just said, " ... without any studies to back it up" - and other atheists will please note the imbecile turning right around and asking for "objective study and your statistical analysis".

How the hell am I supposed to provide an "objective study" and "statistical analysis without "any studies to back it up"?

That's about like someone saying, "I don't have a birth certificate", and Beastt turns right around and demands that they provide their birth certificate. I've never seen anything like it.

Yes Anna, I can read. I just think it might do you some good to have people who care enough to make note when you're speaking from personal bias, rather than from an objective stance.